PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

BulldogD2
05-30-11, 07:29 AM
It is Memorial Day, 2011! Since we cannot join in on some of the other threads I thought it was important to start one here in our own Poolee Hall. Today's the day to honor all those who have fallen in defense of our nation. Some people just see it as a day off of work, but Memorial Day is one of the few days in the year we as a nation show gratitude for the freedoms which we are afforded by those who place themselves in harm's way. Without the sacrifices of our servicemen and women, our country would have never begun nor would it be around today. A moment of silence for all those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our nation. As poolees today should make us even more determined to become Marines ourselves and continue to protect our nation. Happy Memorial Day!

IHaveEGA843
05-30-11, 03:18 PM
Happy Memorial Day!

I would have loved to go finally visit my uncle but I want to wait until I have the title he earned in 67', I would've loved to go visit my other family members graves also that are in national cemeteries but I didn't do it but I honor then and every other service member who protected this nation.

Even though my Recruiter doesn't have his work phone on *I wouldn't even know since I don't call him* I sent him a text thanking him for his service to our country. I also did the same with my father.

Thank you to all the Marines or any othr service members who view this post, words only tell only so much of the respect I trully give to you all!

OVonRomer
05-30-11, 06:07 PM
Our latest poolee function up here in New York was to take a break from the P.T. (although a few sets of pull-ups and crunches were snuck in) and go view the 24th MEU demonstration of a combat insertion from an MV-22. I believe it was the closing bit of Fleet Week, but we got to talk to quite a number of Marines as well.

Happy Memorial Day!

PNW2011
05-30-11, 08:05 PM
One of my favorite quotes, "It's foolish to mourn the men who have died, rather, thank god such men lived!" - Patton.

In the words of macklemore, "..raise a pint for the people that aren't with us, and live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya"

Crack open a brew for those who gave all.

OVonRomer
05-30-11, 08:27 PM
One of my favorite quotes, "It's foolish to mourn the men who have died, rather, thank god such men lived!" - Patton.

In the words of macklemore, "..raise a pint for the people that aren't with us, and live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya"

Crack open a brew for those who gave all.

With that quote said, we need more Patton's on the planet. :iwo:

PNW2011
05-30-11, 09:54 PM
Mattis ain't bad... heard this from another Marine on another site. But he was standing post and General Mattis walked by, they're in some camp in Africa or something. This is right after 9/11. He gets off post and salutes Mattis, and he goes "I haven't told any of my staff yet, you're the first one. I'm taking the 1st MEB into Afghanistan" and walks into the tent where his command and control is.

He decides to tell some random Lance Corporal that he's taking Marines to war before any of his own freaking staff, for some reason I found that very cool that he would rather tell an enlisted Marine that first.

Enough of that though, drink moar poolees that are of age.

ChrrySkoal
06-02-11, 12:38 PM
Mattis ain't bad... heard this from another Marine on another site. But he was standing post and General Mattis walked by, they're in some camp in Africa or something. This is right after 9/11. He gets off post and salutes Mattis, and he goes "I haven't told any of my staff yet, you're the first one. I'm taking the 1st MEB into Afghanistan" and walks into the tent where his command and control is.

He decides to tell some random Lance Corporal that he's taking Marines to war before any of his own freaking staff, for some reason I found that very cool that he would rather tell an enlisted Marine that first.

Enough of that though, drink moar poolees that are of age.
Hardcore:flag: