PDA

View Full Version : Poolee questions

drunkenyoda
05-26-11, 08:18 PM
Hello, I have been in the DEP for about 6 months now and I leave for Boot Camp in 25 days. The MOS i am hoping to get is 2111 or 2112, the other jobs in the 21xx field do not really interest me. I also understand I could be stuck with a job I do not like but will just stick with it, do my job and not complain. I was trying to get an 03 job, since the day I walked into the recruiting office, but my recruiter kind of um I do not want to say screwed me over, but you understand. I am not overly nervous or worried about Boot Camp except for one thing. The yelling and exercising are not that big of an issue to me and I love being pushed. The one thing I am worried about is the whole use of the head and how it works. I have read many posts in this section and have only read one thing about it. If someone could shed light on this, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you for your time.

MunkyVsRobot
05-26-11, 08:29 PM
Hello, I have been in the DEP for about 6 months now and I leave for Boot Camp in 25 days. The MOS i am hoping to get is 2111 or 2112, the other jobs in the 21xx field do not really interest me. I also understand I could be stuck with a job I do not like but will just stick with it, do my job and not complain. I was trying to get an 03 job, since the day I walked into the recruiting office, but my recruiter kind of um I do not want to say screwed me over, but you understand. I am not overly nervous or worried about Boot Camp except for one thing. The yelling and exercising are not that big of an issue to me and I love being pushed. The one thing I am worried about is the whole use of the head and how it works. I have read many posts in this section and have only read one thing about it. If someone could shed light on this, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you for your time.

That statement is contradictory, how can you say im hoping to get this MOS but the Jobs dont interest you? I'd also suggest not blaming your recruiter for you selecting a 21xx contract, 03xx contracts are not easy to come by.

And use of the head? You ask permission to use the head then you go with your buddy and use the facilities, what is there to be worried or confused about? and how it works is you do your business either you deficate or urinate then you flush the toilet and wash your hands.

drunkenyoda
05-26-11, 08:41 PM
My first choice was 03 then I think it was artillery man and i chose 21xx just to fill a spot because my recruiter promised me and told me that i would get one of my first two choices. I ask about the head because I well its the only thing I am really worried about, I mean you cant just go while your drilling or doing some other thing.

Gunstream
05-26-11, 09:52 PM
From what I've gathered, you learn how to hold it. If you're about to rupture your bladder, you ask permission to make a head call, or you p*ss yourself. You can make headcalls at liberty after lights out. You also don't necessarily get any privacy during head calls.

The way I see it, several hundred thousand recruits have learned to use the restroom under the exact same conditions. If they survived it, so will you.

PNW2011
05-28-11, 04:12 PM
poolee, what contract do you have?

You don't sign 21XX, you sign an SOU that includes SOME but not all of the jobs in that field.

The weapons repair and combat vehicle repair MOS' are wayyy different, and not included in the same contract.

Poolee Clem
05-28-11, 04:54 PM
To answer the head questtion just go to the drill instructor at an OPPORTUNE moment and say this recruit REQUESTS to make a head call sir. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE SAY THIS RECRUIT NEEDS TO MAKE A HEAD CALL SIR.If you say need you will be shredded hope it helpsps i ship in 15 days to san diego where are you shipping to?

drunkenyoda
05-28-11, 07:17 PM
I ship out to San Diego to. My recruiter says i have a 21xx contract I guess I will have to ask him if it is the weapons or vehicle repair. I am really hoping that is the weapons repair. I honestly did not know that the contract is separated I guess my recruiter forgot to tell me about that. Thank you for that though it helps.

PNW2011
05-29-11, 02:27 AM
Yeah, he freaking forgot to tell you about that...

That's going to determine the next 4 years of your life brochacho.

All it says on the actual contract is 2100 probably, it won't actually list the jobs, that's why we do this thing called research.

If you want to be a Machinist/Small Arms Tech/Towed Artillery Tech/Metal Worker you're looking at a CF contract. That's going to be the two letter code on the top left of the SOU you sign at MEPS. If you have not seen this contract yet, you need to throw some red flags right now.

If you're looking to repair AAV's, LAV's, or Abrams tanks, you're looking at contract code CL.

I'm just a poolee so I can't tell you anything about those jobs, but I can tell you that your swim qual will be a big part of where you're sent. It's really the needs of the Corps. Good luck. My best guess is it's a mix of being a mechanic and knowing the weapons system of the Abrams and LAV. I've spoken with a guy who was a AAV repairer, he's got a CAR.

Kiri
06-06-11, 03:20 PM
"Sir, Recruit ______ requests permission to speak to Drill Instructor (rank) (name) SIR!" *whatyellblahblahwhat* "Sir! This recruit requests permission to make a head call, SIR!!"

Yell at the top of your little recruit lungs and you'll be fine. They usually don't care if you ask, they just pretend to be ****ed.

drunkenyoda
06-08-11, 11:04 AM
my recruiter is now trying to get me to leave the 13th but i cant. so now it looks like im leaving the 27th. im wondering if this happens to alot of other RSS's because at mine alot of poolees ship dates either get pushed or they try to get them out early.