PDA

View Full Version : Department of Navy and Marine Corps

jeonpaolo
05-24-11, 09:52 PM
I was reading some parts of the 2012 defense bill and one part of it said they want to rename the Department of Navy to the Department of Navy and Marine Corps and the Secretary of Navy to the Secretary of Navy and Marine Corps. I know, kinda nerdy of me but whatever lol.

This is under Title 6

Section 902—Redesignation of the Department of the Navy as the Department of the Navy and Marine Corps
This section would designate the Department of the Navy as the Department of the Navy and the Marine Corps and change the title of its secretary to the Secretary of the Navy and Marine Corps. This section would formally recognize the responsibility of the Office of the Secretary of the Navy over both the Navy and Marine Corps and the Marine Corps’ status as an equal partner with the Navy.

What yall think?

DudefromDiego
05-25-11, 03:23 PM
Eh, problem is that it becomes a logistical nightmare. Stationary has to change, etc. That and in certain times, the U.S Coast Guard can be absorbed into the Department of the Navy during times of war, so what happens when all three are budding up? Department of the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard? Eh, doesn't seem to flow. While I doubt the USCG will leave the Department of Homeland Security any day soon, these kind of incidents are very rarely foreseen. I wouldn't hold my breath.

IHaveEGA843
05-25-11, 04:41 PM
I thought I read and heard things about the Marine Corps wanting to be its own subsidity away from the Navy?

Well, I guess they know what their doing......

holey336
05-25-11, 07:02 PM
i read about this on military . com a while back, it'd be cool but doesn't matter too much to me as long as i have the tittle Marine