PDA

View Full Version : Lying at MEPS

PicanteMattyG01
05-24-11, 07:58 PM
How do people get away with it so much!? WOn't the government find out?

MunkyVsRobot
05-24-11, 08:52 PM
If you want to lie at MEPS go for it, it is your choice what you do but you better prepare for the consequences if you get caught. Ive heard of some stuff but thats really here nor there. Just make sure whatever you are trying to lie about when you get caught you are ready for what comes down the pipeline.

ETA: You have your poolee status so either you have already lied at MEPS in which case this is a non issue and youre just trying to see if youll get away with what you lied about, or you are lying right now about your Poolee status seeing what you can get away with.

Sadeghian
05-24-11, 11:09 PM
Or like some of us, he knows/talked to people that lied through their teeth and weren't afraid to admit it to us.

MunkyVsRobot
05-25-11, 05:51 AM
Definately not the place you want to talk about what you lied about considering this site is supported by MCRD. Assuming he put his real first and last name and recruiters name and recruiting station and all that good stuff wouldnt be hard to make a phone call and end it all for him. Even with just his real first and last name wouldnt be hard to make trouble.

BulldogD2
05-25-11, 11:23 AM
This thread is not going to be useful for anyone. If the OP lied and posted on here he is dumb because like Munky said this site is supported by the very people he lied to. If he talked to others who lied, reality check time, people lie every day. Lastly just because you swore in and are in the DEP doesn't mean you can't get kicked out of the DEP. Or you could be caught when your security clearance goes through or you could be caught for fradugent enlistment after you've been in for a while. Uphold the values of the Corps and encourage others to do the same, that's all that can be done.

MunkyVsRobot
05-25-11, 11:51 AM
My apologies it isnt MCRD it is MCRC that is a sponsor of this section. Still even if it was something you fudged a bit like how many times you smoked Marijuana or something silly that may not even be found out. I suggest you keep that to yourself as the saying goes loose lips sink ships.

SoonToBe3521
05-25-11, 02:23 PM
If you're going to lie, just be careful about what it's about. If it's about like smoking pot twice in your life, you'll be fine...just don't ever admit to it or you'll get in major trouble. Other than that, you're better off not lying unless it's something you can handle..and even that is bad advice, I'm not saying I condone lying to MEPS, but I understand some of those "do what you have to do to get your goal" things. They won't find out unless you tell them.

SoonToBe3521
05-25-11, 02:25 PM
And wtf is 1/3 of a mile? If a track is 1/4 of a mile, how did you even measure that? Sounds like an interesting IST.

DudefromDiego
05-25-11, 03:17 PM
Now, when I was at MEPS, I became very surrounded with the whole "if it's not on record, it never happened" mindset, but if you got some serious damage that you are considering lying about, you might want to re-think that, especially if you are getting an MOS that requires a security clearance. Now if it is something small and trivial, like you took a hit from a doobie when you were 15, or rode your bike without a helmet they probably won't make a big deal about it. Now let's say, you stole a car, took it across state lines, and decide to mention it at MEPS, prepare yourself for a vacation at Miramar or Quantico. If you have no criminal record, it will probably be very hard for them to find any dirt on you. What that means is that you shouldn't sweat the small stuff, but that does not mean leave everything out at your own discretion. You've been warned.

"NO= New Opportunities
YES= Your Enlistment Stops"
Some kid I met at MEPS

MunkyVsRobot
05-25-11, 05:54 PM
Now, when I was at MEPS, I became very surrounded with the whole "if it's not on record, it never happened" mindset, but if you got some serious damage that you are considering lying about, you might want to re-think that, especially if you are getting an MOS that requires a security clearance. Now if it is something small and trivial, like you took a hit from a doobie when you were 15, or rode your bike without a helmet they probably won't make a big deal about it. Now let's say, you stole a car, took it across state lines, and decide to mention it at MEPS, prepare yourself for a vacation at Miramar or Quantico. If you have no criminal record, it will probably be very hard for them to find any dirt on you. What that means is that you shouldn't sweat the small stuff, but that does not mean leave everything out at your own discretion. You've been warned.

"NO= New Opportunities
YES= Your Enlistment Stops"
Some kid I met at MEPS

Kinda how i was thinking on the subject, I know my first post sounded all hard and heavy that was mainly me thinking the OP was talking about what can I get away with what are my possibilities of getting caught.