PDA

View Full Version : in need of help.

lake9
05-17-11, 07:02 PM
I feel embarrassed for talking about this but i feel theres nowhere else i can get some kind of help.

Good evening Marines! I am a new Marine who has just out of bootcamp i just finished my 10 day leave yesterday. i'm now on recruiters assistance for 7 days. today i talked to my Ssgt who was ****ed off because apparently i was a ****bag in bootcamp. my pro cons where 4.0/4.1 or 2. i dont know what to do i was so motivated before bootcamp. i dont want to be a ****bag! i want to improve. but iv lost so much motivation its hard to give it everything you have. i almost want to get out! I haven't even hit the fleet yet!!! my MOS is infantry witch makes everything worse. i need advice please i dont want to hate the next four years of my life because im a un-motivated ****bag!. is there any hope for me??

USNAviator
05-17-11, 07:43 PM
I feel embarrassed for talking about this but i feel theres nowhere else i can get some kind of help.

Good evening Marines! I am a new Marine who has just out of bootcamp i just finished my 10 day leave yesterday. i'm now on recruiters assistance for 7 days. today i talked to my Ssgt who was ****ed off because apparently i was a ****bag in bootcamp. my pro cons where 4.0/4.1 or 2. i dont know what to do i was so motivated before bootcamp. i dont want to be a ****bag! i want to improve. but iv lost so much motivation its hard to give it everything you have. i almost want to get out! I haven't even hit the fleet yet!!! my MOS is infantry witch makes everything worse. i need advice please i dont want to hate the next four years of my life because im a un-motivated ****bag!. is there any hope for me??

Who, what and why do you feel you'll hate for the next four years?

lake9
05-17-11, 07:48 PM
Who, what and why do you feel you'll hate for the next four years?

Myself!
i try not to let people down! Most of all i try not to let myself down. but somehow i managed it.

Old Marine
05-17-11, 08:00 PM
All I can tell you Lake is this. If I were you I would reach down and get a hold of my self and become a man. You are 20 years old, I think its about time you grew up and took responsibility for whatever you are doing that is wrong. If you continue with the poor pro/con marks, you are going to hate life for the next four years. If you chose the path of the bird, you will really regret your decision.

If you put your mind to it you can stand on your head for the next four years and collect 4.8's in both pro and con. You have not become a brain surgeon, you have become a Marine Corps Private and when you are trained as an 03XX things can only get better for you. First you have to get yourself together, man up and stop whining. Cut the cord and get on with your life. Good luck to you.

TheReservist
05-17-11, 08:11 PM
Boot Camp should do your pro/cons by the book, meaning this way:

http://www.militarytraining.net/Cpl%20Course/Classes/Pro%20Con%20108.PDF

Generally though, Units don't do it that way and inflate the scores.

By the book, 4.0 - 4.4 means that you are good.

lake9
05-17-11, 08:26 PM
All I can tell you Lake is this. If I were you I would reach down and get a hold of my self and become a man. You are 20 years old, I think its about time you grew up and took responsibility for whatever you are doing that is wrong. If you continue with the poor pro/con marks, you are going to hate life for the next four years. If you chose the path of the bird, you will really regret your decision.

If you put your mind to it you can stand on your head for the next four years and collect 4.8's in both pro and con. You have not become a brain surgeon, you have become a Marine Corps Private and when you are trained as an 03XX things can only get better for you. First you have to get yourself together, man up and stop whining. Cut the cord and get on with your life. Good luck to you.

Your right, I cant change the past. But i can man up and show them wrong. i know i have it in me. i cant believe i'm proving them right.

Thank you Gunnery Sergeant!

SGT7477
05-17-11, 08:29 PM
Man Up, your a Marine now so live with it, there are alot of curveballs in life, Semper Fidelis.

charm1110
05-17-11, 08:40 PM
Your worries are unnecessary at this point. RA is just a minor pit stop on the way to your mos school, so do what you're told, enjoy the extra few days of leave time and be ready toput out 100percent when you get to school.

Phantom Blooper
05-17-11, 08:50 PM
Motivation comes from within.....

You can improve your moto.....by reaching down and grabbin' hold....and sayin' this is four years of my life......make the best of it......

When your up to your azz in alligators,its difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp!

You wanted to be a Marine before boot camp......your an average Marine......

You and anyone else... until the daisys and clover grow over your bones you are open to improvement.

Strive to become what you want to be as a United States Marine.....

The fleet and schools can be tough....and lonely.....and boring...and exciting....and if you nice they may even have a budget for you and your grunt buddies to blow shiat up and fire some neat....and get the point weapons.

Put your nose to the stone and learn your MOS....it may save your life....or your brother in arms.....

Don't do something stupid that could possibly have a detrimental effect in the near future or for the rest of your life....

Good luck!:beer:

BauerBrat
05-17-11, 08:58 PM

WTF...... let me see where did I put my box of tissues? You made it through boot? How, I don't don't know because you seem like a substandard Marine to me. Aren't those scores pretty friggin low? And your MOS is 03? WTF is wrong with you?

Stop looking for a wet nurse to tilt a nipple your way. Man up and do your job. You're a Marine, get your $ss in gear, stop throwing a pity party for yourself.

TunTvrnWarrior
05-17-11, 09:16 PM
The recruiter is yanking your chain. He wants to get more out of you. Give him your best. Most importantly, what goes on between your ears and what you speak willl determine how far you go. Think positive and motivated and talk it. You will walk it once you change your thinking. You are right out of bootcamp kid, what your leaders are looking for is someone who is determined to give his level best.

Now, get out there and start talking to kids your age and make contacts. Share your experiences with these kids. Ask the recruiter what previous Marines that were on RA doing that made them successful in providing him candidates.

wildwoman73
05-17-11, 11:41 PM
lol...for once...I'm speechless.

Cpl Heglar
05-18-11, 09:02 AM
Some Marines don't excel, Some Marines get down on themselves and it builds like snow rushing down Mt. Rushmore until it is speeding 200 mph as an avalanche. Some Marines are chitbirds but it is of their on accord, They have the power to change to be more to spit shine their boots instead of going out and getting hammered every night but they never change. They are on the negative side of the spectrum. Don't concentrate on the negative Marine, You have earned the title, cherish it, wear it as shield to stay positive. Stay motivated and if someone says something to tear you down take it as constructive critisism because that's just what it might be.

ChuckH
05-18-11, 09:42 AM
LOL I too am kinda speechless....
Look where alot of us Marines where and what we did at the ripe ole age of 20... Some of the Marines on here had done 2 & 3 tours in Nam by the age of 20...
Suck it up and grow up FAST or its going to be a LONG 4 years for you!!!

MD8724
05-18-11, 10:42 AM
I thought everyone got 4.1 out of boot...

CrockettJW
05-18-11, 11:48 AM
I think most of the people in my platoon got 4.2/4.2 in Boot Camp, the exceptions were squad leaders, high shooter, guide, and that sort of thing.

Hopefully, this recruiter was busting your hump in jest and also in private, or at least not around potential recruits.

As for not being motivated, you have to find motivation in yourself. In Boot Camp you had one or more DIs yelling at you for motivation. After Boot Camp, you have to find it on your own.

In the Corps and in life, you're not going to please everyone, either. You're going to find that leadership styles are different everywhere you go. Personalities are different, too. At times, you might feel like you can do no wrong and other times, you can't seem to get anything right. Part of that is the difference in leadership and personalities.

I can remember times when taking initiative and being a self-starter were rewarded and other times, it was frowned upon and viewed as playing by my own set of rules, sometimes at the same time!

If nothing else, this RA gig is only for seven days, then you get to start a clean slate when you report to school.

YourPhoneIsMine
05-18-11, 05:29 PM
would you like a straw?

Sgt Leprechaun
05-19-11, 02:02 AM
Yeah. Recruiter is just yankin your chain. Take it for what it's worth, man up, give a hundred percent in THIS gig, and move on to SOI.

Only you....can motivate YOU.

kenrobg30
05-19-11, 09:00 AM
From the beginning, Do every job or detail to the best of your ability. Sometimes you'll be wrong. Take your lumps, and learn from it. You don't have to be 'Chesty' Puller, just give it the best you have. There is no shame in beingunable to be the best at every thing you're asked, or ordered to do. The only shame is not giving it your best shot. :thumbup: S/F!! Ken

TunTvrnWarrior
05-19-11, 09:35 AM
From the beginning, Do every job or detail to the best of your ability. Sometimes you'll be wrong. Take your lumps, and learn from it. You don't have to be 'Chesty' Puller, just give it the best you have. There is no shame in beingunable to be the best at every thing you're asked, or ordered to do. The only shame is not giving it your best shot. :thumbup: S/F!! Ken :thumbup::thumbup: Outstanding advice!

Kid, you have been given some good advice. Now you are responsible for it. Do it!

lake9
05-19-11, 09:41 AM
:thumbup::thumbup: Outstanding advice!

Kid, you have been given some good advice. Now you are responsible for it. Do it!

I have found my Motivation. and taken the criticism and advice. Yesterday i asked my recruiter if he needed anything done. he wanted me to clean their nasty closest. i spent all night cleaning it to the best of my ability. i impressed him. it felt good. thanks everyone. :thumbup: