PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp Paycheck Question

Chucktown1775
05-17-11, 05:08 PM
Poolee Bluford reporting as ordered.

Just wondering what the base pay is while you are a recruit and if you are savvy with saving your money anybody know about how much you will end up with after the 13 weeks?

USNAviator
05-17-11, 05:26 PM
Poolee Bluford reporting as ordered.

Just wondering what the base pay is while you are a recruit and if you are savvy with saving your money anybody know about how much you will end up with after the 13 weeks?

$1357.20/month. Out of that comes taxes and incidental expenses. Obviously you don't join to get rich

Chucktown1775
05-17-11, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the reply sir. I joined to serve my country not for the money. Getting paid to stay in shape is a nice bonus.

waitinferage21
05-17-11, 05:43 PM
When I went through boot as a private with no guaranteed rank, and no dependents I made out with about 1800 - 2000 after it was all said and done. You have to spend a bit of it while you're in there for stuff you need. Though after that, you will go to MCT, or SOI depending on your MOS. There you will be there for 1 month if you're a non 03xx mos, or 3 months if you're going through SOI; and from there go on to MOS school if you're not an 03xx. Anywayyyy, as long as you don't buy a bunch of stuff you don't need at MOS school/MCT you should do alright in the bank.

Chucktown1775
05-17-11, 06:06 PM
Awesome thanks thats exactly what I wanted to know. Appreciate your time. I'm gonna try and save as much as I can. Btw my MOS is 35xx. I was hoping for infantry but when my recruiter said I could leave within the month if I took motor T, I jumped on it.

BadAce2212
05-17-11, 06:11 PM
I made it off the Island with almost 3 grand but i didnt have to spend any of my money except for final bills. Needless to say by the time I made it to MCT I didnt have that much. Arriving at MCT I had to spend a bit in the PX, But like above stated if you dont waste your money on things you dont need then the bank balance wont be a problem. Plus you have bigger fish to fry to worry about your bank while in a student status.

USNAviator
05-17-11, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the reply sir. I joined to serve my country not for the money. Getting paid to stay in shape is a nice bonus.

Also the pay is direct deposited so you don't even see it. Mind if I asked how you ended up going to school where you do? You have a family member in the Corps?

Tennessee Top
05-17-11, 06:33 PM
As soon as you can, have them take a savings bond out of your paycheck. You will be glad you did later.

Chucktown1775
05-17-11, 06:54 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I will definitely ask for a savings bond. I have lived in Charleston, SC all my life and USCB was really the only college I got into. It's ironic because Parris Island is the next exit on the highway and at the time I did not know I would be enlisting. I plan on going back to school eventually. I don't have a family member in service though.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-18-11, 11:31 PM
ANd there you have it. Asked, answered. Exactly the way I like to see questions framed, and then answered. Short, simple and to the point.