PDA

View Full Version : Motor T-Shipping out in 2 weeks!

Chucktown1775
05-17-11, 12:40 PM
Hey guys and gals, I'm new here and just wanted to say hey and ask a few questions. Let me start out by saying I'm shipping out in 2 weeks on memorial day and am super stoked! My original ship date was August 29, but i got it moved up. Infantry was my first choice but there were no spots and when my recruiter, Sergeant Champion, asked me if i wanted to leave early i jumped on it. Im running the 3 mile in just over 20 min and got 18 pull ups and 110 crunches last PFT. I want to travel and am going to try and get deployed as soon as i can. Anyway, i was wondering if i get a weapon when i get deployed and also how is Fort Leonard Wood? Ill be on here alot before i ship out and id enjoy any conversation about anything Marine Corps....thanks

IHaveEGA843
05-17-11, 01:35 PM
Good **** another local!

Make Charleston look good especially since PI is in our back yard!

Maybe before you ship I'll have to link the face up with the name on LN.

edwinrivera1990
05-17-11, 03:52 PM
Did you really drop an infantry spot just so you can leave 3 months earlier and you swithced it for MOTOR T? You're crazy man! Another 3 months was not going to kill you. I have heard some really boring things about motor t especially if you wanted infantry but I guess thats your loss, good luck.

Chucktown1775
05-17-11, 04:22 PM
If my contract had said 03xx there would have been no way I would have taken motor T, but I was still an open contract so when my recruiter said i could leave within the month if I took motor T, I said ok. All the infantry spots were filled. I was just waiting for one to open. Motor T cant be that bad i want to learn to fix trucks and drive all the crazy tactical vehicles and we still get issued an m16 when deployed. I want to eventually switch to infantry or if I can keep getting physically and mentally stronger, someday want to attempt recon school.

edwinrivera1990
05-17-11, 04:24 PM
ohhh, sorry I thought you said you had an 03 contract already.

Chucktown1775
05-17-11, 04:25 PM
I wish. When you shipping out and whats your MOS?

edwinrivera1990
05-17-11, 04:28 PM
I was actually suppose to have shipped out yesterday with an 03xx contract but I broke my toe a couple of weeks ago so the recruiter said he didnt want me going to bootcamp if my toe wasnt fully healed so now I'm with an open contract for August and he is doing his best to get me back my 03xx contract, if not I'm back to my original ship date which is in October.

When I enlisted they gave me October but he called me and said he had an opening in May for infantry so I switched but it looks like I'll be going back to October :(

Chucktown1775
05-17-11, 04:34 PM
Wow. I feel for you bro. Good luck on getting that 03xx contract back and healing up. Hopefully a spot opens up sooner than later. You gonna be at MCRD PI or SD?

edwinrivera1990
05-17-11, 04:36 PM
Thanks man, I hope so too. Hopefully August works out so I have all summer to get even more in shape. I'll be a Hollywood Marine :cool:

Chucktown1775
05-17-11, 04:41 PM
Cool. Yea just keep crushing it in the gym or on those hills or wherever you work out.

IHaveEGA843
05-17-11, 07:49 PM
The Corps has been buying a lot of the new tactical vehicles that were being made from 2001-Present.

MRAPs are amazing machines, true beast with mounted death at the turrent hatch.

Chucktown1775
05-17-11, 08:32 PM
Those things look crazy. Maybe I'll get to drive one someday! Probably the safest vehicle you can be in too with all those IED's out there.