PDA

View Full Version : Question Would You Touch My Snake?

Cpl Heglar
05-13-11, 03:01 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=14667&albumid=2919&dl=1305316829&thumb=1

Would you?

Apache
05-13-11, 03:47 PM
Nice Snake
You keep him right where he is

Last major snake I saw was trying his damnedest to make me lunch

Musta been 20 feet long (looked like 40)

Some kind of a constrictor

Cpl Heglar
05-13-11, 03:50 PM
Thanks this is Collasal Docile. He never moves unless its feeding time. I have picts of my daughters feeding him but they won't go near him now. I don't trust a constrictor around my family and always carry my KBar with me when I handle him. Never know when it will be me or him.

Rocky C
05-13-11, 03:54 PM
Thanks this is Collasal Docile. He never moves unless its feeding time. I have picts of my daughters feeding him but they won't go near him now. I don't trust a constrictor around my family and always carry my KBar with me when I handle him. Never know when it will be me or him.

:thumbup::scared:

Old Marine
05-13-11, 04:04 PM
I remember in Cubi Point Marine Barracks Marines captured a Boa. Took 10 Marines to carry the thing. Built a chicken wire cage for it and used to have picture day on Sunday. Told all dependents to keep little children away at all times. Watched them feed the snake a small pig. That sucker swallowed it whole and it took at least a week or more to digest. Far as I am concerned all snakes are lethal and I figure the only good snake is a dead one.

RonaldOverby
05-13-11, 04:58 PM
Nice Snake!. In GTMO we caught a 70 lb 13 foot Boa at one of the work sites. this thing was massive took 4 of us to streatch it out while we took pics, i wasnt one of the lucky ones to get a pic. also caught a 6 footer and a small iguana and put them both in a room in the BAS were the Doc's were. You shoulda heard that iguana screamin he knew what was comming. that Boa made quick work of him and when you grab a hold of the iquana's tail that Boa would squeeze harder. good times. I dont own a snake but i have two hellafied fishtanks with some killerz in there, :o)

R.O

tracs1833
05-14-11, 01:07 AM
In brief, not no, but h*ll no!!! Daddy No Shoulders and I do not get along, at all!

advanced
05-14-11, 09:08 AM
I guess I better not ask any of the ladies if they want to touch my snake.

kenrobg30
05-14-11, 02:26 PM
My daughter Gaynl, has a boa that is just about to out grow his cage. It is now, about nine ft. long, and i'm not sure how much he weighs. Three or four people can handle him okay. He likes to be petted, but we keep the kids away from him.When feeding time is close, you do not want to put your hand in the cage. Gaynl has a small bedroom that noone uses, so we are thinking about making it snake proof, and turning it over to him. He's beautiful, but the time is coming, when She is going to have to find him a new home. I like him, but I dfon't trust him. He is afterall, a wild animal. S/F!! Ken

AlohaMarine
05-14-11, 02:51 PM

My daughter Gaynl, has a boa that is just about to out grow his cage. It is now, about nine ft. long, and i'm not sure how much he weighs. Three or four people can handle him okay. He likes to be petted, but we keep the kids away from him.When feeding time is close, you do not want to put your hand in the cage. Gaynl has a small bedroom that noone uses, so we are thinking about making it snake proof, and turning it over to him. He's beautiful, but the time is coming, when She is going to have to find him a new home. I like him, but I dfon't trust him. He is afterall, a wild animal. S/F!! Ken

Just do what everyone else does, release them into the everglades...

Old Marine
05-14-11, 03:26 PM
The Boa that the Marines had in Cubi Point was sold to a zoo.

kenrobg30
05-14-11, 04:01 PM
People without the ability to count to ten, because they have one finger stuffed up their nose, are already dumping their unwanted critters in the woods and in swamps all over the country. They don't seem able to understand, that young children are put in danger every day., because selfish, lazy people can't handle the responsibility that they have imposed on themselves, when they took these animals into their homes. Excuse the sermon, but this issue is one I get very tense about. I love my grand-children. S/F!!! Ken

AlohaMarine
05-14-11, 04:55 PM
Ken, the type of people that release these will never give a damn about your grandchildren...they don't even care about themselves.

kenrobg30
05-14-11, 05:25 PM
Ken, the type of people that release these will never give a damn about your grandchildren...they don't even care about themselves.

Which is pretty close to the norm in our world today. S/F!!! Ken

Marine1955
05-14-11, 08:02 PM
Not NO but Hell NO !!!
I would rather sand paper a bob-cats azz in a telephone booth, than mess with that snake

micarr57
05-14-11, 08:14 PM
no i'd rather have a rattler ...they taste great

LLN2111
05-20-11, 11:46 PM
I had a really nice corn snake that passed away on April 10, 2011. He was very docile and never struck anyone. I was sad when he died. He never would have gotten anywhere near the size of your snake, though. He was just about 4 feet long and maybe an inch and a half around at the most. He was really gorgeous and nice to have around...I named him Draco and miss him :(