PDA

View Full Version : Sit ups question

SoonToBe3521
05-13-11, 12:42 AM
Does anyone know any good methods of holding your feet down for sit ups when you don't have a second person? I'm trying to think of things I could put on my feet but I'm coming up blank. Anyone got anything they usually use or do? Thanks in advance.

robbyj
05-13-11, 02:39 AM
Does anyone know any good methods of holding your feet down for sit ups when you don't have a second person? I'm trying to think of things I could put on my feet but I'm coming up blank. Anyone got anything they usually use or do? Thanks in advance.

I stick my feet under my dresser. :bunny:

domheu117
05-13-11, 11:01 AM
Being able to do sit-ups without something supporting your legs is good practice for regular sit-ups. It forces you to target more muscles that you do not use when your legs are being supported. Whenever I do sit-ups now I don't use the support and I can do around 40-50 straight without the support on my legs and over 150 with the support. You definitely receive a better core workout, especially the abs, when there is no support on the legs.

Tbrown10
05-13-11, 12:00 PM
Being able to do sit-ups without something supporting your legs is good practice for regular sit-ups. It forces you to target more muscles that you do not use when your legs are being supported. Whenever I do sit-ups now I don't use the support and I can do around 40-50 straight without the support on my legs and over 150 with the support. You definitely receive a better core workout, especially the abs, when there is no support on the legs.

+1 thats what i do. i just lay there and do as many as i can untill i get 200. or do 2 2 minute intervals.

BulldogD2
05-14-11, 02:52 PM
If you really do wanna practice with your feet locked up try sticking them under your couch. Sounds odd but it simulates a partner on your feet pretty well.

Patientlywaitin
05-20-11, 12:29 PM
Just what he said I stick mine under my dresser! Or my bed frame. Or couch. And just do 2 mins at a time when I feel like it, I went from 64 when I first enlisted at Meps now I can do 120. I hardly ever do sit ups too...

Jordan2108
05-24-11, 02:32 PM
If you put one leg flat on the ground and bend the other leg it balances out pretty well. Or put your feet under a dresser or couch. Theres tons of different ways you can do them.

Kiri
06-06-11, 03:03 PM
a couch