PDA

View Full Version : PFC gone wrong... WAYYYY wrong

Meserole08orah
05-12-11, 01:37 PM
so... Marine PFC gets caught doin stupid ****. Me being her friend attempt to help her out but she decides not to listen. So... she gets busted one way or another. Yesterday me her our platoon sgt and her "mentor" are talkin. she tells me "I have no respect for you as a Marine" Cpl and sgt let her say it.... because i'm a lance i you know figured i'm not an nco and just let it go. Then we get this talk a few days later about how you don't have to respect a person but you will respect their rank. i've never really had an issue with respecting people because i guess i'm nice lmao. BUT yeah. so then it made me realize we were both in the wrong. I was for not correcting this Marine... and the other Marine was in the wrong for saying it. Granted other's should have corrected her seeing as how they know this stuff probably better then i do. So... yeah. ****ed off.

Marine number 2... PFC as well. Is late a few times i talk to this PFC correct em and what knot. It happens again. So my sgt tells me to write up a counseling have him look at it and he will sign it so people dont throw a fit. As i'm about to do this... the PFC catches wind of it, called the sgt claiming "I do not feel I should have a counseling because i was in the bathroom and i dind't want to pee myself" the bathroom is litterally 100 feet from the door!! not even that far. Plus the bks is like 2 minutes from our work place. Well this PFC gets ****y because she thinks a counseling is as bad as a NJP lol. Needless to say I told her she can just deal with the Sgt and unless i need her to do something she's on her own, I won't speak to her. I kinda feel bad cuz i'm her ride lol but she can walk like i had to when I was a PVT/PFC :)

Baker1971
05-12-11, 01:50 PM
R u on sumpin? aint makin no sensse

Cpl Heglar
05-12-11, 01:53 PM
sumpin WAYYYYYYYY wrong

Meserole08orah
05-12-11, 01:54 PM
no you just can't read female lol. and yeah i am on something lol.

Cpl Heglar
05-12-11, 01:55 PM
Do tell Do tell.

Meserole08orah
05-12-11, 01:55 PM
well i almost feel good i'm not the only one who thinks it lol

Baker1971
05-12-11, 01:56 PM
u is a realllll winnah

Meserole08orah
05-12-11, 02:00 PM
eh oh well **** happens.... you should know first hand baker ;)

iamspartacus
05-12-11, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry, but is there a point to this thread or are you just looking for a shoulder to cry on?

Cpl Heglar
05-12-11, 02:07 PM
I'll be your huckleberry.

Meserole08orah
05-12-11, 02:09 PM
bahaaha you're a tard lol.

and you're half retarded. but i wouldn't mind a shoulder to cry on.. just not your tiny boney shoulder.

Cpl Heglar
05-12-11, 02:15 PM
Look here LCPL I am 6'2 and a solid 300 lbs. I haven't had anything boney since my honeymoon.

tracs1833
05-12-11, 02:18 PM
I know that I am an old jarhead, but when did the Corps install bathrooms on base? When i was in we had heads. Anyway, no you are not an NCO. Yet!!! But, you have a job, just do it. Doing your job is not in any way connected to a personality contest. As long as you do your job properly and fairly, who cares what your subordinates think.

Meserole08orah
05-12-11, 02:29 PM
shoot... i do my job. and yeah it'sa head... always has been always will be... but she's a new PFC and they are allowed to say bathrooms now. Drill instructors can hardly yell at em. She got mad when i gav her a hurt feelings chit.

Alright then let me reword this. I DONT ENJOY FAT PEOPLE NOR DO I WANT THEIR NASTY FAT SHOULDER TO CRY ON.

03Mike
05-12-11, 02:31 PM
so... Marine PFC gets caught doin stupid ****. Me being her friend attempt to help her out but she decides not to listen. So... she gets busted one way or another. Yesterday me her our platoon sgt and her "mentor" are talkin. she tells me "I have no respect for you as a Marine" Cpl and sgt let her say it.... because i'm a lance i you know figured i'm not an nco and just let it go. Then we get this talk a few days later about how you don't have to respect a person but you will respect their rank. i've never really had an issue with respecting people because i guess i'm nice lmao. BUT yeah. so then it made me realize we were both in the wrong. I was for not correcting this Marine... and the other Marine was in the wrong for saying it. Granted other's should have corrected her seeing as how they know this stuff probably better then i do. So... yeah. ****ed off.

My advice for this first PFC - she says that she doesn't respect you as a Marine - your reply could be something along the lines of "Well, that doesn't surprise me given your clear display of poor judgment and bad decisions" (the "stupid ****" she got caught doing being one of two prime examples). Another possible reply - "I don't give a **** if you respect me or not - my worth as a Marine doesn't ride on whether or not a PFC who does stupid **** "respects" me or not"

The real questions here are 1) do you respect yourself as a Marine? and 2) does your NCO and your chain of command respect you as a Marine.

If you do your job appropriately, carry out your assigned mission the way that you are supposed to, and can look yourself in the eye in the mirror, then who gives a **** what this ***-bird PFC thinks?

One thing that may help - and I know that it may seem a little "out there" as a Lance Corporal - but as you advance in the Corps, you don't need to be everyone's friend. When you pick up NCO, then it becomes even more defined.

Personally, I never bought the "respect the rank if not the person wearing it" stuff - conduct yourself as being worthy of respect, and Marines will respect you -- until you give them reason not to.... then, it doesn't matter what you wear on your collar or your sleeve, it'll me next to impossible to gain their respect back once you lose it.

Cpl Heglar
05-12-11, 02:37 PM
Alright then let me reword this. I DONT ENJOY FAT PEOPLE NOR DO I WANT THEIR NASTY FAT SHOULDER TO CRY ON.

ROFL<!-- / message -->

Meserole08orah
05-12-11, 02:38 PM
:) I win.

Yeah you are right. i'm sure once i see her i will say one of them... to both.

spotts
05-12-11, 03:57 PM
Im so glad I was a grunt and didnt have to deal with WM's

Cpl Heglar
05-12-11, 04:07 PM
Im so glad I was a grunt and didnt have to deal with WM's

Opened that bucket of worms Devil Dog, You just had to.

Baker1971
05-12-11, 04:08 PM
still say sumpin wrong but it aint with the pfc

Apache
05-12-11, 04:44 PM
What country is this ----? From.?
Perhaps that wiki explain the laungauge

Zulu 36
05-12-11, 04:44 PM
Well, waaaay back when I was in, a LCpl outranked a PFC. Period. No NCO needed to get involved when it came to obeying a lawful order of a LCpl. <br />
<br />
The first &quot;leadership&quot; detail I was ever given...

RonaldOverby
05-12-11, 05:15 PM
You are a Lance Corporal she is a PFC - YOU OUT RANK HER - if you know you are in the right then handle it. If she doesnt like it tell her to lump it. Do your job as a Lance Corporal and thats it!

good luck

Semper Fi!

michagnu
05-12-11, 08:47 PM

Marine number 2... PFC as well. Is late a few times i talk to this PFC correct em and what knot. It happens again. So my sgt tells me to write up a counseling have him look at it and he will sign it so people dont throw a fit. As i'm about to do this... the PFC catches wind of it, called the sgt claiming "I do not feel I should have a counseling because i was in the bathroom and i dind't want to pee myself" the bathroom is litterally 100 feet from the door!! not even that far. Plus the bks is like 2 minutes from our work place. Well this PFC gets ****y because she thinks a counseling is as bad as a NJP lol. Needless to say I told her she can just deal with the Sgt and unless i need her to do something she's on her own, I won't speak to her. I kinda feel bad cuz i'm her ride lol but she can walk like i had to when I was a PVT/PFC :)

Good luck making Corporal.

Causby
05-12-11, 08:53 PM
[quote=spotts;768817]Im so glad I was a grunt and didnt have to deal with WM's[/quote

Take her ass to the "tree-line". Thats how 0311's take care of it!

spotts
05-12-11, 09:08 PM
Exactly my point. We didnt deal with the bs. An ass kicking usually handled the unruly.

Quinbo
05-12-11, 09:45 PM
Perfect example of why there are different colored liberty cards on okinawa. Give em an inch and they take a mile. Your ride share "friend" has placed herself above you and you are afraid to council.

micarr57
05-12-11, 10:20 PM
you screw up you get a counciling form WTF no office hours
i screwed up cost me 30 days restriction 30 days EPD 30 days loss of pay
is almost impossible to be a NCOIC and a friend
is almost impossible to be a good NCOIC and a friend
good luck sunshine

YLDNDN6
05-12-11, 10:25 PM
Take it from a 26-year LCpl...you let the ship sail on this one, but the next time this happens, and it will due to your letting it slide this time, jump down her neck with both boots and stomp her damn guts! You are not anyone's friend, buddy or ride. You are situated at a higher position in the chain of command, and by allowing this Marine to call your authority into question is to undermine the whole principle of the chain of command. Kill, Kill, KILL!!! Or, you could just let it slide again...up to you really...

Cpl Heglar
05-13-11, 07:24 AM
In all seriousness this Lance needs to attend NCO school at some point. It will teach her the leadership skills she desperately needs.

0331 2 0369
05-13-11, 08:38 AM
If you are in a position of leadership..... you must seperate yourself personally from those you are in charge of. <br />
<br />
If you were told to write a counselling on a Marine and you didn't because you...

DrZ
05-13-11, 10:01 AM
Took some digging but finally found my promotion to LCpl. <br />
<br />
This appointee will therefore carefully and diligently discharge the duties of the grade to which appointed by doing and performing all...

Cpl Heglar
05-13-11, 10:05 AM
Dam DrZ your my hero.

CrockettJW
05-13-11, 01:53 PM
They have liberty cards in Okinawa now?

Also, late because she was in the bathroom? Okay, maybe, but aren't you supposed to be somewhere 15 minutes prior to the appointment to make sure you're not late and to avoid these little problems? That's how it was when I was in.

AlohaMarine
05-13-11, 03:02 PM
I only respected WMs as a booty call. They're so gullible.

"Yeah, I'll marry you if we f*ck"

"OKAAYYY"

CrockettJW
05-13-11, 04:24 PM
I don't think they were that bad. I knew some like that, but most of the ones I encountered were okay.

YLDNDN6
05-13-11, 06:12 PM
Actually, in defense of WM's, I was married to one, and she hardly ever had sex with anyone else...LOL

CrockettJW
05-13-11, 06:34 PM
Actually, in defense of WM's, I was married to one, and she hardly ever had sex with anyone else...LOL

"Hardly ever?" Dang.

Zulu 36
05-13-11, 06:38 PM
"Hardly ever?" Dang.

Must have been Marine 84 then. :D

LLN2111
05-20-11, 11:53 PM
Once again I find the blatant, vehement misogyny to be appalling. I thought we were all on the same side, regardless of gender. I saw plenty of jackwagon a-holes both male and female when I was in, no doubt. For every WM troublemaker there were 10 MM right along side her doing the exact same thing or worse.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-22-11, 12:14 PM
Amen, sister. Said commentary deleted. Alas, there are idiots everywhere...even on the internet.

:)

Sempers.

Old Marine
05-22-11, 12:55 PM
They have liberty cards in Okinawa now?

Also, late because she was in the bathroom? Okay, maybe, but aren't you supposed to be somewhere 15 minutes prior to the appointment to make sure you're not late and to avoid these little problems? That's how it was when I was in.

I have been retired from the Corps for 38 years and to this day I am always 15minutes early for appointments. :evilgrin:

Marine84
05-22-11, 04:59 PM
LOL! Zulu, I had sense enough to rent them, not buy them. I think ANYBODY is stupid to get married while they're in the Corps.

But, anyway.............what kind of noise is this about being late? You mean Marines can get away with that $h!t these days? OMG! Really?

SlingerDun
05-22-11, 05:11 PM
I am always 15minutes early for appointments. :evilgrin:hhmmm i'm usually running late by at least 20 minutes towards the end of the day, especially during day light savings time, my fired?<label for="rb_iconid_11">http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif</label>

CrockettJW
05-23-11, 02:05 PM
I have been retired from the Corps for 38 years and to this day I am always 15minutes early for appointments. :evilgrin:

I believe in arriving 15 minutes early, too.

When I was in Okinawa, we had one of these "leadership" exercise. I don't know how it got started, but someone decided they were going to take this to the extreme. It turned out that we ended up showing up at 1115 for a 1300 formation to prove a point for someone.

Meserole08orah
05-26-11, 11:06 AM
no i had the counseling written up... she called the sgt and told him she did not feel she needed one. so he told me not to do it. The other PFC... Honestly i can't do anything. My hands are completely tied. I have said what i needed to say but nobody does anything about half the crap. And yes at least in our section we are 15 minutes early. but the PFC working with me said "I was here at 1300 but i had to go to the bathroom. I'm not going to embarass myself by coming into the office and pee myself just to tell someone I am here." I kind of understand but her bks is like 2 minutes.... i've had to pee many times (among other female things lol) but still came to work before i did anything. Idk i never got to call my sgt and say "I dont feel like i deserve a counseling on being late" nor did i get to complain about doing "b!tch work" lol i just did it. Everyone has told me the Marine Corps has changed... and i knew that... but i never got to see it change while I was in. but trust me... I would LOVEEEEE to deal with that other PFC who gets away with everything. But my section has tied my hands so tight. They allowed her to give me directions as to when i can talk to her, and what it can be about. When i have corrected her for being out of regs... they would say it will get taken care of ad it wont... or they will have an excuse for her. We have a female Sgt coming in this next month, who doesn't take **** from any one, and doesn't let females get away with ****. I CAN'T WAIT for her to get here!! I worked with her and she made me stand at parade rest when I was talking to her about a death. lol i hated it then but i'm sure as h3ll glad i did it. Hopefully she will fix her since nobody will let me.Gr makes me mad. I know i never would have gotten away with any ofthe crap these two get away with.

Mustard Stains
05-26-11, 11:34 AM
Take your PFC's out behind the barracks and give a class on how to dig a fighting hole and then have them dig you a proper fighting hole for the rest of the day, grenade sump and all. PFC are still new to the Corps and don't really get how they are supposed to be acting. Its up to the LCPL to handle it at that level, not everything needs to go right the the Sgt.

CrockettJW
05-27-11, 12:11 PM
no i had the counseling written up... she called the sgt and told him she did not feel she needed one. so he told me not to do it. The other PFC... Honestly i can't do anything. My hands are completely tied. I have said what i needed to say but nobody does anything about half the crap. And yes at least in our section we are 15 minutes early. but the PFC working with me said "I was here at 1300 but i had to go to the bathroom. I'm not going to embarass myself by coming into the office and pee myself just to tell someone I am here." I kind of understand but her bks is like 2 minutes.... i've had to pee many times (among other female things lol) but still came to work before i did anything. Idk i never got to call my sgt and say "I dont feel like i deserve a counseling on being late" nor did i get to complain about doing "b!tch work" lol i just did it. Everyone has told me the Marine Corps has changed... and i knew that... but i never got to see it change while I was in. but trust me... I would LOVEEEEE to deal with that other PFC who gets away with everything. But my section has tied my hands so tight. They allowed her to give me directions as to when i can talk to her, and what it can be about. When i have corrected her for being out of regs... they would say it will get taken care of ad it wont... or they will have an excuse for her. We have a female Sgt coming in this next month, who doesn't take **** from any one, and doesn't let females get away with ****. I CAN'T WAIT for her to get here!! I worked with her and she made me stand at parade rest when I was talking to her about a death. lol i hated it then but i'm sure as h3ll glad i did it. Hopefully she will fix her since nobody will let me.Gr makes me mad. I know i never would have gotten away with any ofthe crap these two get away with.

It sounds like there's something seriously wrong here. If the NCO (or NCOs) you work with have given you directions on what you can say to her and when you can say them, I can only think of two possibilities. One is that your NCOs are push-overs or they have some reason to take the side of the PFCs.

The other possibility is that you take things too far and they're setting up boundaries to protect these two PFCs from your wrath. I've been in units like that, where there were people who would jump down your throat for non-issues.

It seems to me like there's a direct inverse correlation between the amount of work there is to be done and the amount that someone finds reason to harass someone else.

You say this sergeant is coming and you think that's a good thing, but she had you locked up at parade rest for something. Don't be surprised if she shows up and has you at parade rest again a few times.

Marine1955
05-27-11, 12:41 PM
Maybe she needs her Bottom Spanked.

http://i54.tinypic.com/5klgrd.jpg

Meserole08orah
06-10-11, 01:17 PM
lol you're too funny

Caesar Augustus
06-10-11, 04:58 PM
Wow........but seriously if you're a lance and they are a pfc they do wtf you tell them to.

They could be a lance as well but if you have more TIS/TIG they still do what you say. It was pretty common to see people barely make Cpl in four years in our unit so there were a ton of Lcpls that were telling other lcpls what to do because some had two deployments under them.

Maybe you should just give up....

Caesar Augustus
06-10-11, 05:02 PM
Exactly my point. We didnt deal with the bs. An ass kicking usually handled the unruly.

I remember just getting back from Iraq and having to basically take care of the boot drop we got and I generally didn't do the lets just **** with them to **** with them style leadership, but I told them try me and I would.

Make an example out of that one and the rest will fall in line or get beat as well and learn.

Marine84
06-10-11, 05:56 PM
Make an example out of that one and the rest will fall in line or get beat as well and learn.

HE might be the one to be made an example of. Let it go dude! What you gonna do when that Sgt comes in and starts the same with you that you doing to these PFC's (who just happen to be female), yell harassment?

Warbyrd13
06-10-11, 06:11 PM
WTF is this BS. You are a Marine it dont matter if you squat or stand when you **** your a Marine. I fu*&amp;^% hate the PC im a Wm crap. You joined the Marines so you wanted a challenge. Well here...

Caesar Augustus
06-10-11, 06:16 PM
HE might be the one to be made an example of. Let it go dude! What you gonna do when that Sgt comes in and starts the same with you that you doing to these PFC's (who just happen to be female), yell harassment?

What?

Meserole08orah
06-13-11, 09:00 AM
Yeah I'm not to worried about this sh!t anymore. i found out it wasn't me with the issue is was those above me. With all the crap goin around bases with sexual harassment they think they have to walk on ice around all females now. We got a female sgt who is just having a blast with all the females but still things aren't changing. My PFC, she just complains about everything. having to take down the heat condition flag, standing phone watch every week. Shoot before she got here i was doing phone watch every week since last Aug... i didn't complain. I was the lowest ranking Marine so i knew it was my job. But honestly everytime they tell me to do something, they turn around and step on my toes. once things calm down around here i will talk to either my Plt Sgt or my section head (my sgt) about stepping on my toes and telling me to do one thing but then telling me not to do it. But until then, i'm going to just gosh i dont even know. Proly be a complete b!tch. she had the nerve to tell some other PFC and a LCpl that i was late so she shouldn't get in trouble. In her head she thinks I should call her and let her know if i'm going to be late due to some messed up sh!t. so calling our Civilian section head and my sgt isn't right in her head. I tell ya what, she would NOT survive in the Real Marine Corps. Shoot she wouldn't last with the people I was deployed with. The recon Marines from Okie that we worked with were very laid back but knew what was right and corrected anyone, she wouldn't last. they need to send all recruits with 0311's for a week durring boot camp and if they cry or b!tch about something they are out. I'm really getting sick of her getting everything she wants only because she whines about it. It's females like that, that give the rest of us a bad reputation!!

MarineCorps0300
06-13-11, 11:30 PM
Yeah right PFC talking directly to a Sergeant? Where is the chain of command. I would be destroyed by my Corporals if I tried that. Let alone making up excuses.

Meserole08orah
06-14-11, 08:55 AM
Ain't a whole lot i can do when i keep getting cut off because everyone wants to be liked here. i really don't give a crap. If he's allowing it she's going to keep doing it because she doens't listen to anyone. After she has told me many times (and showed me) she doesn't want to talk to him. all of a sudden she does. this isn't the Marine Corps everyone hears about.... it seems more like day care. crying and whining and everything.

Marine84
06-14-11, 06:53 PM
Caesar - my bad man. I assumed SHE was a HE since she was complaining about a WM. No offense Meserole but, now it just reads like cattyness.

Caesar Augustus
06-14-11, 07:18 PM
Caesar - my bad man. I assumed SHE was a HE since she was complaining about a WM. No offense Meserole but, now it just reads like cattyness.

I was wondering. Its cool. I'm so glad we don't act like a bunch of guys in a boy band in the infantry.

Marine84
06-14-11, 07:31 PM
Most of us women don't either.......................believe it or not.

Caesar Augustus
06-14-11, 07:33 PM
I can't say whether ya'll do or not, I only ran into a few and only one I interacted with in any official sense.

06yz125
06-16-11, 08:47 PM
How many here have ever served with a PFC with 2 hash marks?

There are some gungy PFC's

They don't play well with others..but can be kick ass Marines.

Caesar Augustus
06-16-11, 08:49 PM
Not anymore there aren't. Lcpl with one hash yea two probably not.

06yz125
06-16-11, 08:59 PM
This guy had a death before dishonor tat.

Would like to tell all about what I know about
this PFC but..most wouldn't understand.

He was a good Marine.

Caesar Augustus
06-16-11, 09:00 PM
I'm game.

Caesar Augustus
06-16-11, 09:16 PM
:thumbup:

:thumbup:

Vandrel
06-16-11, 09:22 PM

When I first got to the fleet we had a Private that would come to Charlie inspections with glue shadows on his sleeves from his Sgt chevrons and a chest full of ribbons. Child porn will get ya every time.

Caesar Augustus
06-16-11, 09:23 PM
Damn child porn.

Vandrel
06-16-11, 09:27 PM
Yup and his roommate turned him in too

CrockettJW
06-16-11, 10:33 PM

I'm not into snitching, but some things are just wrong.

Caesar Augustus
06-16-11, 10:34 PM

****. I didn't pick up Lcpl because I wouldn't roll on the Marine who was of age and provided me with alcohol

Caesar Augustus
06-16-11, 10:37 PM
I'm not into snitching, but some things are just wrong.

Yea if its real child porn then I have a problem but if its just some underage **** at the club thats a different story.

CrockettJW
06-16-11, 10:40 PM
Yea if its real child porn then I have a problem but if its just some underage **** at the club thats a different story.

Yeah, those are some pretty different circumstances.