PDA

View Full Version : So sure it happens in the USA as well

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 12:03 PM
An incident occurred in a supermarket recently, when the following

was witnessed:

A Muslim woman dressed in a Burkha (A black gown & face mask) was
standing with her shopping in a line at the checkout.

When it was her turn to be served, and as she reached the cashier,
she made a loud remark about the Canadian Flag lapel pin, which the
female cashier was wearing on her blouse.

The cashier reached up and touched the pin and said, 'Yes, I always
wear it proudly. My son serves abroad with the forces and I wear it for
him'.

The Muslim woman then asked the cashier when she was going to stop
bombing and killing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

At that point, a gentleman standing in the line stepped forward,
and interrupted with a calm and gentle voice, and said to the Iraqi
woman:

'Excuse me, but hundreds of thousands of men and women, just like
this lady's son have fought and sacrificed their lives so that people
just like YOU can stand here, in Canada , which is MY country and allow you to
blatantly accuse an innocent check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen'.

'It is my belief that if you were allowed to be as outspoken as that
in Iraq , which you claim to be YOUR country, then we wouldn't need to be
fighting there today'. However - now that you have learned how to speak out and criticize
the Canadian people who have afforded you the protection of MY country, I
will gladly pay the cost of a ticket to help you pay your way back to
Iraq '.

'When you get there, and if you manage to survive for being as
outspoken as you are here in Canada , then you should be able to help
straighten out the mess which YOUR Iraqi countrymen have got you into in
the first place, which appears to be the reason that you have come to MY
country to avoid.'

USNAviator
05-12-11, 12:08 PM
Great story Misty, thank you for posting it.

Fair winds to all our Canadian friends who have stood with us in the past, present and into the future

DanM
05-12-11, 12:13 PM
Funny,recycled spam e-mail from 2003.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/lapelpin.asp

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 12:17 PM
Thank you for the brilliant observation DanM... dont really care where it came from.... just find the story to ring true....

joseywales
05-12-11, 12:22 PM
dan m has a way with words you might say
not the path to a lot of friendship requests

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 12:29 PM
dan m has a way with words you might say
not the path to a lot of friendship requests

yes I have seen his comments many times..... they are " special"

Cpl Heglar
05-12-11, 12:31 PM
You have a grand total of THREE yourself.

Oh Shnap!

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 12:32 PM
oh LMAO...... i only have a few too... but they are quality ones

USNAviator
05-12-11, 12:34 PM

Well Dave not everyone can be popular. Some people are very off putting

You know I had heard that story before but it had a US twist to it. But I felt whether true or not it's the sentiment and message that had meaning

Misty is from Canada, served in the Canadian Army, has very close ties with people here in the States. What she post is OK in my book.

CrockettJW
05-12-11, 12:42 PM
I don't think it's a bad thing to point out whether the story is true or not. In fact, I think it's a good thing. I also don't blame the original poster for posting a story that interested her.

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 12:42 PM
Well Dave not everyone can be popular. Some people are very off putting

You know I had heard that story before but it had a US twist to it. But I felt whether true or not it's the sentiment and message that had meaning

Misty is from Canada, served in the Canadian Army, has very close ties with people here in the States. What she post is OK in my book.

Thanks Dan..... btw... my Uncle was US Navy out of Pensecola....

USNAviator
05-12-11, 12:46 PM
Thanks Dan..... btw... my Uncle was US Navy out of Pensecola....

I didn't know that. It's amazing how two countries can share such a long border and yet can have such respect for each other.

SgtJane08
05-12-11, 12:47 PM
I think what people were objecting to was to point out that snopes said it was an untrue story and that it's been around for years, ignoring the words of the story.
As if to say, false, been around years.

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 12:51 PM
I think what people were objecting to was to point out that snopes said it was an untrue story and that it's been around for years, ignoring the words of the story.

Hey!! havent seen you in chat for awhile... come back and visit us sometime

USNAviator
05-12-11, 12:54 PM

Welcome aboard Jane. Always good to have another female view point.

I know the story has been around for a bit as well in fact I probably read it on here.

SgtJane08
05-12-11, 12:55 PM
Thank you, Commander Dan, if I may call you that, and Mistybluelady, thank you for your invitation. I have only been in Chat once and there was not much going on, I believe someone named Bulky? But he was quiet.
In fact I had never been to a Chat room in my life before that one time, maybe I should give it a chance!

USNAviator
05-12-11, 12:57 PM
Commander (and Mistybluelady) , my wife and I went to upstate New York last year, ended up way way up by Quebec, decided to try to go to lunch at some little town just a few miles into the province, realized we left our passports at home, had not been planning on a trip to Canada at all----they let us in, after some questioning, seeing no suitcases, noting our ages, etc nothing suspicious, no one else in the car, we were told to go inside the admin building and be briefly interviewed, they checked driver's licenses etc and let us go into the country with no problem. Did not encourage it, but allowed it. So it was a friendly exchange and experience.
Have been to Canada many times, same thing, drove from East Coast USA to the Yukon Territory. Great people all over the country of Canada

Dave I have a special place in my heart for Canada both my parents were born there so I know how close out two countries are, eh?

USNAviator
05-12-11, 01:00 PM
Thank you, Commander Dan, if I may call you that, and Mistybluelady, thank you for your invitation. I have only been in Chat once and there was not much going on, I believe someone named Bulky? But he was quiet.
In fact I had never been to a Chat room in my life before that one time, maybe I should give it a chance!

Never been there myself Jane, the way I type I'd be so far behind the curve I'd never catch up......:D

USNAviator
05-12-11, 01:02 PM
Dan, you went to Quebec recently. Nice place, especially the Old Quebec City, or Lower Town or whatever the exact term for it is

Sorry, mistybluelady---without meaning to, every single time Dan and I get on a thread, we end up off-topic. My apologies and I will also apologize for him, as he hardly ever does himself, figuring an aviator needs to make no apologies, LOL

Dave you make so many apologies I figured I'd just let you make them for me as well.

But we are off topic here

Sorry Misty

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 01:05 PM
Dan, you went to Quebec recently. Nice place, especially the Old Quebec City, or Lower Town or whatever the exact term for it is

Sorry, mistybluelady---without meaning to, every single time Dan and I get on a thread, we end up off-topic. My apologies and I will also apologize for him, as he hardly ever does himself, figuring an aviator needs to make no apologies, LOL

No need to apologize at all...as for Dan.. well..... no comment, he is a squid after all

USNAviator
05-12-11, 01:15 PM
I already apologized for you, as usual

Thanks Dave, you're my apologist. Pay is very little but the hours are short

Cpl Heglar
05-12-11, 02:06 PM
I apologize as well.

FoxtrotOscar
05-12-11, 02:50 PM
SO what if the story has been around, it still rings with "TRUTH" of what people feel both in Canada and the USA..

I only live 23 miles from Canada, buy Misty posted my mug shot at the crossing and I can't enter legally anymore.. "sigh"...!!! ;)

BTW.. "Snopes" is a left leaning private enterprise...

Mistybluelady
05-12-11, 03:30 PM
SO what if the story has been around, it still rings with "TRUTH" of what people feel both in Canada and the USA..

I only live 23 miles from Canada, buy Misty posted my mug shot at the crossing and I can't enter legally anymore.. "sigh"...!!! ;)

BTW.. "Snopes" is a left leaning private enterprise...

FO!!!!!! where you been sunshine? btw... I can still come visit you ;)

USNAviator
05-12-11, 05:01 PM
FO!!!!!! where you been sunshine? btw... I can still come visit you ;)

Mike I don't think you'd want that to happen. She visited me last year and I still can't show my face at the local Hooters.........:banana:

Mistybluelady
05-13-11, 05:31 AM
Mike I don't think you'd want that to happen. She visited me last year and I still can't show my face at the local Hooters.........:banana:
Now Dan.... you know full well we got kicked out because YOU got up on that little old ladies table and did a little dance for her.... for shame.....:angel:

awbrown1462
05-13-11, 06:49 AM
I didn't know that. It's amazing how two countries can share such a long border and yet can have such respect for each other.
Commander my cousin married a Canadain who was in the U.S. Marines

USNAviator
05-13-11, 07:06 AM
Now Dan.... you know full well we got kicked out because YOU got up on that little old ladies table and did a little dance for her.... for shame.....:angel:

Yes but the $50 bill she slipped me paid part of your bar tab.. How many Molsens can you drink anyway??

USNAviator
05-13-11, 07:08 AM
Commander my cousin married a Canadain who was in the U.S. Marines

Allen, Misty knows a Canadian who recently became a Marine, Robbie something. He's on here as well.

Mistybluelady
05-13-11, 08:24 AM
Allen, Misty knows a Canadian who recently became a Marine, Robbie something. He's on here as well.

Robbie123!!!!

foreverproud
05-13-11, 08:11 PM
Mistybluelady,

I while back I found this wonderful Canadian military tribute video ... George Canyon sings "I want you to live." It is very moving ... but honors and very much speaks to the meaning of your original post. So I'm posting the link for you.
http://youtu.be/HPMelnMdfHU

Mistybluelady
05-14-11, 02:58 PM
Mistybluelady,

I while back I found this wonderful Canadian military tribute video ... George Canyon sings "I want you to live." It is very moving ... but honors and very much speaks to the meaning of your original post. So I'm posting the link for you.

Thank you so very much!!!!!! LOVED IT

God Bless

Mistybluelady
05-14-11, 05:55 PM
Mistybluelady,

Just watched the video again.... you know those damn planes fly right over my house everyday to CFB Trenton bringing those boys home in caskets... people here line up , just people, police, firemen all along the overpasses as the limos carrying the fallen make their way home... they have flowers, flags.. there are vets there who can barely stand but they are there, saluting, its so bittersweet... our major highway was renamed " The Highway of Hero's...

God Bless to all who serve

USNAviator
05-14-11, 06:41 PM
Mistybluelady,

Thank you Jeanne, that was a great story and link. Canada and Canadians will always have a special place in my heart,eh!

Mistybluelady
05-14-11, 06:44 PM
Thank you Jeanne, that was a great story and link. Canada and Canadians will always have a special place in my heart,eh!

I must be feeling nice tonight... cause I am going to let that "eh" comment slide................

USNAviator
05-14-11, 06:58 PM
I must be feeling nice tonight... cause I am going to let that "eh" comment slide................

How magnanimous of you. BTW Sarah is on the way to pick me up and she said tell what's her face, hey, eh!

Mistybluelady
05-14-11, 07:00 PM
How magnanimous of you. BTW Sarah is on the way to pick me up and she said tell what's her face, hey, eh!

Oh you mean Diane Cannon of course..... lol..... have a good time with your daughter.. tell her whats her name says hi....you better take her shopping!!!

USNAviator
05-14-11, 07:14 PM
Oh you mean Diane Cannon of course..... lol..... have a good time with your daughter.. tell her whats her name says hi....you better take her shopping!!!

Oh wow blast from the past, Diane......LOL

kenrobg30
05-16-11, 02:09 PM
TO GET BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SUBJECT, I LIKE THAT STORY TOO. I've read it with a US base, and i don't care where it came from, the idea stands alone. An 'Enemy Alien', insulting the country that is keeping her from crawling under the table, every time she hears a loud sneeze. I've 'counceled' a few of the Oriental persuasion, some years back, for the same offence. They seem to think we owe them something. You can't win, but that doesn't mean you have to give them priviledges.
:iwo: Sempre Fidelis! Ken

Mistybluelady
05-17-11, 07:02 AM
After reading Dans post re: vets coming back from Nam... and then thinking about this one... it saddens me.... my mom use to tell me the stories about my Uncle in the Navy (Can) she said he came back a changed man, was never the same after the war...my other Uncle (USA NAVY) never saw action so his life went on... It saddens me reading those stories of the taunts and name calling, it amazes me how people seem to forget WE live free because of all the sacrifice..and everytime I have thanked a vet,, just to see that smile on their face that someone actually remembered. Every year on our rememberance day my kids and I walk in the parade, and place a wreath at the cenotaph ... in 2 more years both my kids will be off to Cadets... and if they choose to continue on when they are of age.. I would be so proud..

Our country, your country is free because of our Vets... God Bless them for they went to hell and back for total strangers......

A few people say I dont belong on this site... and maybe they are right, I am not a Marine, never was... but i always will honor all the men and women who served. I will always be vocal in the mistreatment of Vets, whether here in Canada or there in the USA....

nasubzna
05-18-11, 02:21 AM
oh , I don't think it's a bad thing to point out whether the story is true or not. In fact, I think it's a good thing. I also don't blame the original poster for posting a story that interested her.
Microsoft Office 2007 (http://www.buymssoftware.com/)
OneNote 2010 (http://www.buymssoftware.com/goods-17.html)
http://t2.baidu.com/it/u=3600887354,20116109&fm=0&gp=0.jpg

Mistybluelady
05-18-11, 06:45 AM
oh , I don't think it's a bad thing to point out whether the story is true or not. In fact, I think it's a good thing. I also don't blame the original poster for posting a story that interested her.

Please fill out your profile if you choose to post on a thread.....:mad:

USNAviator
05-18-11, 07:05 AM

Wow, remind me not to get you ticked off........:D

I think my profile is filled out ma'am!

0331 2 0369
05-18-11, 08:11 AM

This person is just trying to pimp MS Office and OneNote. On another thread, they did nothing but copy and paste someone elses words to make it look like it was their post. What a looser.

kenrobg30
05-18-11, 08:20 AM
Wow, remind me not to get you ticked off........:D

I think my profile is filled out ma'am!

PROFILE??? :confused: S/F!! Ken

Mistybluelady
05-18-11, 08:52 AM
This person is just trying to pimp MS Office and OneNote. On another thread, they did nothing but copy and paste someone elses words to make it look like it was their post. What a looser.

Yep I saw that... of course being a women I had to say something on that thread too....

0331 2 0369
05-18-11, 08:54 AM
Yep I saw that... of course being a women I had to say something on that thread too....

No..... not you. :angel:

Mistybluelady
05-18-11, 11:09 AM
No..... not you. :angel:
Haha.... you know I always say whats on my mind.... regardless of whose little feelings it hurts :D

CrockettJW
05-18-11, 11:38 AM

That's odd. That person posted the same thing I did, almost word for word.

YourPhoneIsMine
05-18-11, 04:58 PM

because friendship requests on an internet forum are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important

YourPhoneIsMine
05-18-11, 05:00 PM
That's odd. That person posted the same thing I did, almost word for word.

because it's a bot

Marine1011
05-18-11, 05:04 PM
telephone-the great swami, knows all, sees all

YourPhoneIsMine
05-18-11, 05:05 PM
telephone-the great swami, knows all, sees all

you must have a hard on for me or something. keep whatever butthurt feelings you have about me out of the poolee forum, devil

Marine1011
05-18-11, 05:07 PM
of course

PJones64
05-18-11, 05:23 PM
And the hits just keep on coming

Mistybluelady
05-18-11, 05:49 PM
because friendship requests on an internet forum are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important

Thats some lame ass profile.....:D

YourPhoneIsMine
05-18-11, 05:52 PM
thank you :D

Mistybluelady
05-18-11, 06:28 PM
thank you :D

TARD

YourPhoneIsMine
05-18-11, 06:39 PM
Drat!

PJones64
05-18-11, 07:10 PM
He's pretty fond of himself too, misty
Ask him any question about anything

Mistybluelady
05-18-11, 07:13 PM

Naw I dont bother with the Riff Raff.... but I am happy to send him a mirror so he can look at himself all day

YourPhoneIsMine
05-18-11, 07:21 PM

not anything

I don't know much about photography. Enough to prove that the moon landing photos are legit but that's about it.

oh and fishing. know nothing about it. because I can buy fish.

not well versed on the history of jigsaw puzzles though my curiosity is now slightly piqued so ask me in four hours and I'll probably know 90% of what there is to know about it

not an audiophile at all, it's just boring to me.

if I think of more I'll let you know

Naw I dont bother with the Riff Raff.... but I am happy to send him a mirror so he can look at himself all day
no thanks, the only mirror in my home is the one in the bathroom. I don't see the point in any others