PicanteMattyG01
05-12-11, 08:18 AM
How long do the Poolee Games last, and what events take place? :marine:

Honcho1010
05-12-11, 10:50 AM
Never heard of it. Anyone?

PicanteMattyG01
05-12-11, 12:25 PM
Sorry about the name. I thought my recruiter called it that. It doesn't have a title but it's a competion once a year of all the poolees.

PicanteMattyG01
05-12-11, 01:33 PM
You are talking about when DIs come?and its all the surronding areas that are under the district CO..And yes it is a competition

I don't know for sure about the DIs, but a Master Gunnery Sergeant will be there.

PicanteMattyG01
05-12-11, 01:45 PM
No idea....

Kochise
05-12-11, 02:44 PM
We had ours last Saturday, and we had a pull-up contest, a crunch contest, a push-up contest, a three-mile relay run, a tug-of-war and a dodgeball game. We were supposed to have an event called the...

Gunstream
05-12-11, 03:56 PM
They also sometimes do the Ammo Can Lift, the 5 man pullup challenge, and the RSS IST challenge.

Honcho1010
05-12-11, 04:11 PM
I love ammo can lifts.

Gray4
05-12-11, 11:02 PM
is this in detroit?

PicanteMattyG01
05-13-11, 07:55 AM
It was supposed to be in Warren, but at the last second it was changed to somewhere an hour away.

Gray4
05-13-11, 08:58 AM
A hour away is nothing; I have to wake up at 0300 its like a 4-5 hour drive to our poolee function

Kochise
05-13-11, 02:25 PM
Now that I remember, we also had an endurance event, which was running back and forth across a short stretch of grass when signaled, with the last poolee able to run winning.

bposey8152
05-16-11, 02:24 PM
our district CO is a Major

Ours is too.

NRhodes
05-16-11, 03:54 PM
We are having the Ohio statewide event this upcoming satuday (may 21st) anyone else going to be there?

ChrrySkoal
05-18-11, 09:25 AM
How long do the Poolee Games last, and what events take place? :marine:
You sound a little lost lol, and games sound fun, too bad we dont play games.:D Hold on Ill be back I'm going to play patty cake...haha

93Reaper
05-19-11, 12:51 PM
My RSS's Field meet starts tomorrow. We are going to Ft Devens with many other sub stations from MA. Its going to be awesome except for its rained the last week here and its not going to stop this weekend. I think i heard that there are DI's there and im sure the RS Sergeants Majors will be there also.

PooleeMorgon
05-21-11, 09:20 PM
Its called Field Day

NRhodes
05-22-11, 12:09 AM
We had ours today, my RSS won it for the state, pretty long day, had 3 DI's there, pretty intense stuff

MunkyVsRobot
05-22-11, 08:04 AM
My RSS's Field meet starts tomorrow. We are going to Ft Devens with many other sub stations from MA. Its going to be awesome except for its rained the last week here and its not going to stop this weekend. I think i heard that there are DI's there and im sure the RS Sergeants Majors will be there also.

Hey bro I was there this weekend too RSS Manchester man.

93Reaper
05-22-11, 05:37 PM
Hey bro I was there this weekend too RSS Manchester man.
No way man, that's pretty sick. I'm from RSS Waltham and was the tall goofy kid during the pullup competition. It was kind of bull**** because we got 206 pullups, RSS Brockton only got 176 and won anyways. Besides the stretcher relay we sucked, and you better not have been one of the RSS' that ****ed up the tents because we had to go through every single ****ing tent there and repackage it. Price for being the best. :flag:

SnowByThePound
05-26-11, 03:46 PM
Events:

-Pull Ups (5Minutes i believe, 6 person rotation)
-Water Can Run (30LB, pass at checkpoints[6People 1Mile])
-Ammo Can run (2x30LB, Pass at checkpoints[6people1mile])
-Dizzy Izzy (Run, 10spins on bat, runback)
-Stretcher Run (Run, swap injured, runback)
-Humvee Pull (8Person pull)
-Tug of war (1Female +14 Male TOW)

Feel like i am forgetting one or two.. Will add if they come to mind.

SnowByThePound
05-26-11, 04:25 PM
Error
Water Can run = 1/2Mile
Ammo Can Run = 1/2Mile

and you better not have been one of the RSS' that ****ed up the tents because we had to go through every single ****ing tent there and repackage it. Price for being the best. :flag:

Pretty funny. Someone in my RSS rigged theirs AWFULLY, The poles weren't in the bags ect ect. When asked who effed up everyone just looked dumbfounded, so 3-4 of us just took it apart to repackage it, and it didnt even have bags for the poles inside, nor were all of the poles in it.. Sad..

jeonpaolo
05-26-11, 11:54 PM
We have the same thing, except our district (RS Orange) calls it Family day. You families basically come out and watch poolees from different stations compete against each other in pull ups, chrunches, relay run, dizzy izzy, tug of war and others. There is also a DI presentation where some poolees that the recruiters think need a little more motivation get sent up.

SnowByThePound
05-28-11, 01:14 AM
We have the same thing, except our district (RS Orange) calls it Family day. You families basically come out and watch poolees from different stations compete against each other in pull ups, chrunches, relay run, dizzy izzy, tug of war and others. There is also a DI presentation where some poolees that the recruiters think need a little more motivation get sent up.

For some reason.. i'd feel embarassed to have my mother watch me get thrashed by a DI or yelled at simply for that matter.. though am sure it would put a smile on her face when i stand tall/lean back.. Wierd to explain but, She lives her life and i am living/working on mine.. What she(and in most cases, he and she[Mother and father]) knows and hears, is what i chose to express, usually being something good rather than potentially downgrading(not that getting yelled at be a drill instructor is bad..)

Guess i just have more potential living my own mind frame, rather than trying to success in hers.

Side note:

Is your even an overnight even, or just a day time (drive push and drive) sort of thing? Thought we did not get much sleep, and had to do nightwatches, it was definately an awesome experience to see potentially what it was like... no matter what the reason was that you couldn't fall asleep or, had to do a longer nightwatch than the other RSS's due to lack of poolee's, a job is a job, and you do your job without *****ing and moaning.

Kochise
06-01-11, 12:14 PM
Here's a picture from ours that I found. I'm in the second row, second from the right, looking asleep for some reason (really just blinking).

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225477_200572413311670_100000767377898_460887_6042 00_n.jpg

OVonRomer
06-01-11, 05:36 PM
Our command function is taking place next Saturday against other stations around NYC and Long Island.

On a side note, nobody mentioned anything about Drill Instructors being in attendance... :sick:

ChrrySkoal
06-02-11, 08:12 AM
Oh no, youll meet them they keep you occupied when you waiting around HA

SnowByThePound
06-02-11, 09:34 PM
Oh no, youll meet them they keep you occupied when you waiting around HA

Indeed, just speak up, Aye maam/sir is your response for everything the drill instructors say. If you are asked a question, it is Yes/No Maam/sir. And do everything you are asked with speed and intensity. They will tell you this while you are there though.

Good luck and enjoy, its a fun experience.

ChrrySkoal
06-03-11, 09:03 AM
Indeed, just speak up, Aye maam/sir is your response for everything the drill instructors say. If you are asked a question, it is Yes/No Maam/sir. And do everything you are asked with speed and intensity. They will tell you this while you are there though.

Good luck and enjoy, its a fun experience.
yah i found that out the hard way...the DI was telling me to run like ten feet then run back the he would run me in a differnt direction then drop me on the deck stuff like that for about 8 minutes until my Sgt. walked by me and screamed SPEAK PARENTEAU! LOL I said in my head Oooh, I get it now thats how you stop this! HA...Then I started screaming.:evilgrin: