behave. The town council as responded with a letter to the local news
paper saying they were not anti military or anti American, and so at the
next meeting of the town council they will have more people then they
have ever seen at a meeting.

You see this could have been handled much better by the town council
in the first place if they used there heads. I do not believe the town
council is anti anything, they just didn't think. In stead of sending a
form letter, they should have sent someone to her restaurant and talk
to her face to face and come up with a solution.

Flying the American flag is a form of speech in a way. In the not to distant past we have seen people in communities with home owners
associations telling people they could not put up an American flag or
a man in an apartment building he could not put a flag in his window.

Flying the flag gives people a voice, it says many things from those
who fly it.

YLDNDN6
05-08-11, 10:59 AM
In a perfect world, country, state, county, city, village, there would be no limit on the number of National Ensigns and flags of our military branches that we could fly. The message that I take away from the above story is part of a recurring theme these days...I am glad for my freedoms but I refuse to acknowledge those who made them possible. What a shame...

Mongoose
05-08-11, 11:24 AM
Not too many flags. Too many Azzholes!

Bruce59
05-08-11, 03:52 PM
Dave your point is well taken. But as I said "You see this could have been handled much better by the town council
in the first place if they used there heads. I do not believe the town
council is anti anything, they just didn't think. In stead of sending a
form letter, they should have sent someone to her restaurant and talk
to her face to face and come up with a solution."

DanM
05-08-11, 05:54 PM
The actual news article.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/may/239925/Restaurant-owner-cited-for-flying-too-many-flags

Bruce59
05-08-11, 06:20 PM
Here's a video of it http://video.foxnews.com/v/4683308/too-many-american-flags

Apache
05-08-11, 06:22 PM
You have an outdated ordinance ?
Make changes

Mongoose
Your statement may be spot on
Final outcome will tell

FistFu68
05-08-11, 06:25 PM
:iwo: :iwo: :iwo:

advanced
05-09-11, 09:39 AM
Back in the Nam my home base was An Hoa. Well, those of you that have been there know that we lived in bunkers and I had my own rack (a cot). Many of us wrote home and our state governments sent us free state flags which we hung above our racks. Remember, we lived in bunkers and no one could see our flags unless you went inside of our bunkers - if you didn't live there stay out.

Came back one day from a few weeks in the Arizona and all of us who had southern flags that looked like confederate flags had our flags taken down, mine was a Tennessee flag. Well, we put them right back up. Some new officer thought they were racist, my ass. We got that straight real fast - they were state flags! That was my first encounter with flag bull**** and I didn't like it. Fighting for freedom and some officer dumb ass wants to take ours away.

After a few other bs calls that new Lt was with us all of 6 days, he was afraid to go out of the wire with us. Notice, I didn't say he was stupid!

FistFu68
05-09-11, 11:24 AM
:iwo: I still have My State Flag Brother that the Governor Of Virginia sent Me had it over my Heart W/Bible and 2 spare 45 mag's that humped all over I Corps with Me on The Ankle Express~~~It's folded in My Family Bible with My Blood all over it...SIC SEMPER TYRANIS S/F :thumbup: :iwo:

advanced
05-09-11, 11:47 AM
:iwo: I still have My State Flag Brother that the Governor Of Virginia sent Me had it over my Heart W/Bible and 2 spare 45 mag's that humped all over I Corps with Me on The Ankle Express~~~It's folded in My Family Bible with My Blood all over it...SIC SEMPER TYRANIS S/F :thumbup: :iwo:

I lost mine many years ago. One of my X's probably has it rotting in some box somewhere. After me they all went for kinder gentler types.

FistFu68
05-09-11, 11:53 AM
:evilgrin: Lucky my now Wife Pattie,knew Me in High School before I went in,She told Me I was KRAZY B-4 KRAZY was KOOL...Go Easy Brother~~~S/F :thumbup: :iwo:

advanced
05-09-11, 11:59 AM
:evilgrin: Lucky my now Wife Pattie,knew Me in High School before I went in,She told Me I was KRAZY B-4 KRAZY was KOOL...Go Easy Brother~~~S/F :thumbup: :iwo:

Same same bro, good to hear you got the right one this time - me too. S/F

FistFu68
05-09-11, 12:01 PM
:beer: Here's Too Us Brother,and our Better Half's S/F :beer: :iwo:

Mongoose
05-09-11, 01:44 PM
Jack, you and Russ know what I mean when I say you have to really work to be an American. The way we know it. So many wanna bes and used to bes always trying to pull you down. Sometimes it makes me want to do harm to them

advanced
05-09-11, 04:39 PM
Jack, you and Russ know what I mean when I say you have to really work to be an American. The way we know it. So many wanna bes and used to bes always trying to pull you down. Sometimes it makes me want to do harm to them

Yeah Mongoose I know what you mean. I control my temper pretty well today for the most part. I must admit there are times when I hear this voice in my head say "Go ahead and push a little harder" but they always back off. God, I miss the day when another man would just get up in your face and call you out. Where have all the real men gone, not these pc correct retards.

Of course I'd probably have to kill them today, but I still miss it.

jwilcox27
05-09-11, 05:28 PM
The major issue that I believe the town council has with all the flags is that IF the building were to catch fire the flags could catch or if the fire dept needs to get to the top of the building and there are flags along the entire roof they can get in the way of them doing their jobs. If you think about trying to take 40 lbs of turnout gear and an O2 tank as well as a hose up a ladder and onto a roof while there are 6 flags each measuring most likely 3'X5' in your way you could get caught up in them and fall. I can see where the council would be coming from on this and I agree with Dave, its not the flags its the codes. Just like if someone had a flag in the back window of a car and they could not see out of it and recieved a ticket for violationg the law about "window tinting and obstructing" would that be an issue about flying the American flag? No.

Mongoose
05-09-11, 05:48 PM
The major issue that I believe the town council has with all the flags is that IF the building were to catch fire the flags could catch or if the fire dept needs to get to the top of the building and there are flags along the entire roof they can get in the way of them doing their jobs. If you think about trying to take 40 lbs of turnout gear and an O2 tank as well as a hose up a ladder and onto a roof while there are 6 flags each measuring most likely 3'X5' in your way you could get caught up in them and fall. I can see where the council would be coming from on this and I agree with Dave, its not the flags its the codes. Just like if someone had a flag in the back window of a car and they could not see out of it and recieved a ticket for violationg the law about "window tinting and obstructing" would that be an issue about flying the American flag? No.
I got no problem with logical reasons. But you see more and more B.S. about our Countrys flag being flown in public. Always someones rights being violated.

jwilcox27
05-09-11, 05:53 PM
Because people feel so ****ty about themselves because they have never done anything to support this country that they feel the need to make the people that do love and support this great nation feel like it is wrong for them to publicly display support.

DanM
05-09-11, 06:02 PM
Maybe it's just a publicity stunt,national news equals free advertising.Small town businesses are hurting in this economy,an extra hundred dollars or more due to increased traffic never hurt anyone.