PDA

View Full Version : I LOL'd

MunkyVsRobot
05-07-11, 12:54 PM
I was searching for some U.S. Army Basic Training videos (Im helping my younger brother research some stuff hes got tattoos so unfortunately USMC is out) I somehow dont think that ANY of this would fly at Boot Camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-gDLZXGVzU&feature=related

MannyaK
05-07-11, 01:16 PM
this isnt basic training this is a field excersice they had to go through

robbyj
05-08-11, 12:21 AM
Yeap, and mace sucks pretty damn bad, id like to see you have a better reaction

MunkyVsRobot
05-08-11, 06:19 AM
Yeap, and mace sucks pretty damn bad, id like to see you have a better reaction

I dont think my reaction would be to sit there and cry, I think it would be more of severe anger because of the pain.

SheDevilPup
05-08-11, 11:02 AM
Mace actually hurts a whole lot (I got a taste of it when I went to K-Bay in 09), so his reaction to the pain is actually quite normal.

HOWEVER.

Take a look at some Marines doing pepper spray exercises and you'll see that none of them just sit there and cry. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkYdt-7MOUs ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri92rg22GnE ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vFXsBofFxs )

Army Strong, guys. Army Strong.

SoonToBe3521
05-08-11, 11:15 AM
I like how he's in DCU's and has a beer gut. The random wheezing when he talks is pretty great too, poor bastard. Bahahaha.

robbyj
05-08-11, 02:35 PM
I dont think my reaction would be to sit there and cry, I think it would be more of severe anger because of the pain.

i got maced by some "friends", my reaction was to roll around on the ground and flip out

IHaveEGA843
05-09-11, 08:13 AM
Crazy

USMC Infantry
05-09-11, 12:21 PM
SheDevilPup - i would have assumed you were 10 years old if you were not wearing that poolee shirt..

SoonToBe3521- are you and SheDevilPup related?

robbyj- sup

SoonToBe3521
05-09-11, 03:20 PM
SheDevilPup - i would have assumed you were 10 years old if you were not wearing that poolee shirt..

SoonToBe3521- are you and SheDevilPup related?

robbyj- sup

We look nothing alike. No.

SheDevilPup
05-09-11, 06:48 PM
@USMC Infantry: If I was 10, do you really think I would be listed as a poolee on a site run by Marines? Use your brain. I don't even look like a 10 year old either... :/

And no, STB and I are not related. I've never met her in person. We don't even look remotely alike.

Sadeghian
06-08-11, 03:22 AM
"USMC Infantry:
This message has been deleted by Sgt Leprechaun. Reason: Goodbye, fool"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ChrrySkoal
06-08-11, 08:34 AM
I'm a Police Explorer, I got maced I felt like beating the hell outta someone hurt like crazy but it pi&$ed me off LOL

SoonToBe3521
06-08-11, 09:31 AM
"USMC Infantry:
This message has been deleted by Sgt Leprechaun. Reason: Goodbye, fool"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That seems to happen to him a lot, lmao

Sadeghian
06-08-11, 09:09 PM
Sgt Lep's reason is what I thought was HILARIOUS.

ChrrySkoal
06-09-11, 09:32 AM
Who is he? Is he a wannabe or a Poolee?

Sadeghian
06-09-11, 09:37 AM
Who is he? Is he a wannabe or a Poolee?

Who are you talking about?

ChrrySkoal
06-10-11, 07:06 AM
Who are you talking about?

USMC Infantry (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=81664)...He keeps getting his posts removed

Sadeghian
06-10-11, 08:01 AM
oh... I'm guessing from the screen name that he's probably a poolee

ChrrySkoal
06-10-11, 08:04 AM
Lol

Sadeghian
06-10-11, 08:10 AM
btw cherry skoal sucks... it's ALL about that mint flavored grizzly lol

Sadeghian
06-10-11, 08:12 AM
whoops haven't dipped in a while so I forgot the name... It's the wintergreen lol

ChrrySkoal
06-10-11, 09:25 AM
Ha I quit dip...tol my gal that, I started chewin instead. She found out, told her she couldn't be mad I didn't lie, I lost LMAO!

OVonRomer
06-10-11, 03:49 PM
That video should be included in the ever-so-famous Army Strong commercials! Haha. The Army would need to add even more incentives and benefits to get people to join.

motivated91
06-12-11, 12:53 AM
It's beyond stupid to try and speak negatively about the army as a whole, simply because of this video.
I could just as well say that Marines are a bunch of pansies because of an incident over seas where a Marine urinated on himself in a firefight and it nearly cost the lives of several others in his squad.

But I wouldn't do that perhaps out of wisdom but nor would you simply because you aspire to be a Marine one day.

Arrogant people are amusing to say the least, I could understand belittling an enemy to an extent but you mock the very people that bleed and die for you it's sickening

ChrrySkoal
06-12-11, 07:18 AM
Arrogant people are amusing to say the least, I could understand belittling an enemy to an extent but you mock the very people that bleed and die for you it's sickening

Sorry but that wasn't needed:thumbdown

MunkyVsRobot
06-12-11, 09:39 AM
It's beyond stupid to try and speak negatively about the army as a whole, simply because of this video.
I could just as well say that Marines are a bunch of pansies because of an incident over seas where a Marine urinated on himself in a firefight and it nearly cost the lives of several others in his squad.

But I wouldn't do that perhaps out of wisdom but nor would you simply because you aspire to be a Marine one day.

First off you arent seriously comparing being shot at in combat, to being sprayed in the face with pepper spray in a training drill are you? If you are youre dumb they arent even close to being the same.

second I respect each and every service member who picks up the phone when the call comes, but that doesnt mean I am not going to bust their balls. it isnt making fun of the army as a whole apparently you are clueless to the in fighting if the service branches. They all make fun of each other.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHBEqwLTcM

So please get off your high horse.

motivated91
06-12-11, 04:03 PM
First off you arent seriously comparing being shot at in combat, to being sprayed in the face with pepper spray in a training drill are you? If you are youre dumb they arent even close to being the same.

second I respect each and every service member who picks up the phone when the call comes, but that doesnt mean I am not going to bust their balls. it isnt making fun of the army as a whole apparently you are clueless to the in fighting if the service branches. They all make fun of each other.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHBEqwLTcM

So please get off your high horse.

So you would say, because someone else has done something before it is ok for me to do so.

and who are you to say that either situation is different both could be involved in a life or death situation training exercise or not, it isn't your place to even attempt to pass judgement when you yourself are a lesser, let me know when you've been in either position and how you fared

Arrogant:Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities

simply put you seem to think you're hot **** but all you've managed to do is Dep I don't care if that someone got maced and cried and asked for his mother show respect for those willing to give all for you rather then trying to publicly belittle them

SoonToBe3521
06-12-11, 05:21 PM
So you would say, because someone else has done something before it is ok for me to do so.

and who are you to say that either situation is different both could be involved in a life or death situation training exercise or not, it isn't your place to even attempt to pass judgement when you yourself are a lesser, let me know when you've been in either position and how you fared

Arrogant:Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities

simply put you seem to think you're hot **** but all you've managed to do is Dep I don't care if that someone got maced and cried and asked for his mother show respect for those willing to give all for you rather then trying to publicly belittle them

Laughing at someone for freaking out when they're maced is completely irrelevant to laughing at someone for being a "lesser branch" so to speak. This isn't him giving all, this is him getting peppersprayed in the face and crying. This isn't him fighting for freedom, this is him running around and screaming. His being in the service isn't who he is, it's simply a part of who he is.

And I don't care who you are, that **** was funny whether he's in the Army, the Marines, a Police Officer, or a douchewad that found a can of pepper spray. Despite what he does for a living or for the country.

ChrrySkoal
06-13-11, 09:05 AM

Iv had a gun pointed at my face...I ran at him and won, if I had turned and ran he would'v shot me I gave him no time to aim and tackled him...sorry i just punched a hole in your logic Poolee:p

ChrrySkoal
06-13-11, 09:34 AM
I was searching for some U.S. Army Basic Training videos (Im helping my younger brother research some stuff hes got tattoos so unfortunately USMC is out) I somehow dont think that ANY of this would fly at Boot Camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-gDLZXGVzU&feature=related

Ima gunna show this to my buddy whose going to basic after high school gets out...i gurentee it he'll been laughing like crazy LOL
:banana:

MunkyVsRobot
06-13-11, 11:21 AM
Thats because it is a funny video. Ive had lots of service members laugh their balls off watching this video.

What is not funny is him comparing this to someone who ****ed his pants because he was in a fire fight. The 2 are like apples and lawn furniture totaly not the same.

This was a demonstration all parties involved were not under fire at no point during this exercise was anyone in danger of losing their life. In the example he gave of the Marine ****ing his pants in a fire fight there was no exercise it was either kill or be killed. If said soldier was maced in a combat situation OBVIOUSLY no one would be laughing at him, its just common sense folks.

There is an under lying respect through out the service branches but of course they are going to rib one another. Its like a sibling rivalry, my younger bother is joining the army of course I give him crap, my father was in the air force do i give him crap? Oh hells yes. Obviously yes we are poolees but there is a change in swagger when you enlist how many people come on here complaining they are having a hard time or they will never get a chance to become on of the few and the proud?