PDA

View Full Version : 24th Annual Florida Vietnam and All Veterans Reunion

advanced
05-06-11, 04:38 AM
Melbourne, Florida: A group of us are riding over to Melbourne this morning for the Vietnam Vets Biker rally here in Fl. It's a meeting of many of the veteran bikers in the state and the southern US.

Hoping to meet up with some of the guys I served with in the Nam and others from the regiments. I've even decided to be nice to any 3/26 Marines I might meet (Mongoose eat your heart out).

Ross Perot is the speaker at the raising the colors ceremony tomorrow morning. If any of ya'll make it there I'll be the dashing young looking Marine on the Turquoise and white Indian.

Osotogary
05-06-11, 05:56 AM
Have a good ride, advanced. I think that the weather should be pretty good...you know that the company you will be keeping sure will. Be safe on the road.

Sgt Jim
05-06-11, 07:28 AM
Be careful on the ride and watch out for the blue hairs in big cars.got my bike back from the repo man and it,s all mine now.Semper Fi.Jim

ChuckH
05-06-11, 10:54 AM
Any of you Marines that attend Melborne know Rick Moore?
He was a CAP Marine in Nam and is very involved with the get together there.

advanced
05-09-11, 07:02 AM
Back from Melbourne and we had one heck of a weekend. Loads of good people, good food, and ice cold beer. I met one of the original Seals a Chief Jim "Patches" Watson who came over and sat down next to me. We talked about a half hour together. He wrote the books Point Man and Walking Point.

Hope everyone had a good time and made it home safe. S/F