PDA

View Full Version : New here.

Luke0402
05-05-11, 12:17 PM
Semper Fidelis Marines,

Just thought I'd say hi to you all. I found this site after I heard some guys talking about it. I've been in the Corps since I graduated from the Naval Academy last year. I hope I can learn a lot from you all, and I'm hoping I can contribute as best I can to this site. Thanks to Sgt. Leprechaun for the warm welcome so far too.

S/F,

Luke.

chulaivet1966
05-05-11, 12:27 PM
I'll chime in with a 'welcome'.

Lots to learn from many perspectives here as I consider myself a life long *student* in the perpetual quest for knowledge, wisdom and perspective.

Any questions about 'tattoos'? <grin>
It's a joke here....you'll figure it out.

Enjoy...

USNAviator
05-05-11, 12:36 PM
Semper Fidelis Marines,

Just thought I'd say hi to you all. I found this site after I heard some guys talking about it. I've been in the Corps since I graduated from the Naval Academy last year. I hope I can learn a lot from you all, and I'm hoping I can contribute as best I can to this site. Thanks to Sgt. Leprechaun for the warm welcome so far too.

S/F,

Luke.

Welcome aboard Lt. Good to have some young blood pumping through LN.

USNAviator
05-05-11, 12:39 PM
Gee, there aren't too many questions about tattoo waivers. LOL

Lt., Dave is the local JAG, I'm a token Squid. There are some Corpsmen aboard and yes the tattoo waiver questions do get tiresome.......;)

Tennessee Top
05-05-11, 12:53 PM
Welcome aboard sir.

There is a lot of history here and some characters as well. Have only been a member myself a short time.

One thing I learned very quickly is anybody can say anything on a public forum with no fear of punishment. Haven't figured out yet if that's a good thing or not. But certainly, you will encounter some salty PVT's, PFC's, and LCPL's directing comments towards you they would never even consider saying to your face (because their next paycheck would be a lot lighter).

You will also find Marines (supposedly) who have absolutely no esprit de corps and actually try to convince others there is nothing special about the USMC and we are just "another service" playing our part. I know, I wouldn't believe it either but you'll see for yourself.

But, it's not all negative and don't want to leave that impression. There is also a lot of love for our Corps here and a since of brotherhood.

Glad to have you aboard. Another officer's perspective is always needed and welcomed. There are always wannabes with questions about the Naval Academy so you can be a valuable resource for them.

AAV Crewchief
05-05-11, 01:11 PM
Welcome LT. Hope you have a thick skin.

Mongoose
05-05-11, 01:50 PM
Welcome aboard Lt. Good to have some young blood pumping through LN.
I been here awhile, Dan. And you never said anything about my young blood pumping through L.N. Or do you officers only welcome and compliment each other?

Mongoose
05-05-11, 01:53 PM
By the way LT. welcome aboard Sir.

Luke0402
05-05-11, 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I noticed all the tat questions. I don't have any tats (believe it or not). Never really saw a need to have one haha.

-Luke

USNAviator
05-05-11, 02:02 PM
I been here awhile, Dan. And you never said anything about my young blood pumping through L.N. Or do you officers only welcome and compliment each other?

Well he hasn't left his calling card yet so this is the best we can do.

Billy, once Luke see's that beard of yours he'll undestand why this is really an out patient facility for the Terminally Befuddled

Luke this is Mongoose, a Marine without a doppelganger. Long story, soon coming to a movie theater near you

Rocky C
05-05-11, 02:30 PM
Welcome Aboard Lt.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Old Marine
05-05-11, 02:38 PM
Mongoose: You could have been a Gentleman.

Welcome aboard Lt. Nice to have some new blood/opinions around here. Getting tired of some of these old farts opinions.

I used to run the Clothing Cash Sales store at Barstow. I was there for 3 years and put a windshield in my vehicle each year. Sand storms are crazy around there.

Lisa 23
05-05-11, 02:59 PM
Welcome aboard Lt. :usmc:

Mongoose
05-05-11, 03:01 PM
Mongoose: You could have been a Gentleman.

Welcome aboard Lt. Nice to have some new blood/opinions around here. Getting tired of some of these old farts opinions.

I used to run the Clothing Cash Sales store at Barstow. I was there for 3 years and put a windshield in my vehicle each year. Sand storms are crazy around there.
Willie, I was a gentleman. After I got over Dan hurting my feelings. I welcomed the LT. with all sincerity. Willie, Im just you. Im get weary,( quoting Lep) , of those old farts opinions. How bout you, me, and Aloha forming our own little group.

Sgt Jim
05-05-11, 03:12 PM
Welcome Aboard LT.Semper Fi.Jim

michagnu
05-05-11, 03:18 PM
Welcome abroad sir.

USNAviator
05-05-11, 03:22 PM
Willie, I was a gentleman. After I got over Dan hurting my feelings. I welcomed the LT. with all sincerity. Willie, Im just you. Im get weary,( quoting Lep) , of those old farts opinions. How bout you, me, and Aloha forming our own little group.

Goose you're too handsome and intelligent to be an officer

ecfree
05-05-11, 03:47 PM
Welcome aboard LT,it's always nice to have another butter bar around.:yes:...Wait till you meet DOC GREEK,NUMNUTS.....:D

Ray Merrell
05-05-11, 04:15 PM
Welcome Aboard Luke...Enjoy!

Gung Ho,

Ray

Old Marine
05-05-11, 04:53 PM

Sounds good to me Mongoose. We can let Aloha run the PT Program, that way he will have some authority, but be in the background.:D

Carpshooter
05-05-11, 05:10 PM
I'll get the welcome wagon out for you , sir ! :D

DocGreek
05-05-11, 05:43 PM
WELCOME ABOARD.....NUMBNUTS!!!
SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek.....:flag:

USNAviator
05-05-11, 05:46 PM
I think we should chip in and get Doc larger fonts. He's not being heard all that well.........:D

Rooger
05-05-11, 05:51 PM
Welcome Aboard LT,

from an old SSGT, A piece of advice, Any officer can get by on his sergeants. To be a sergeant you have to know your stuff.

Learn from your NCO's please, and THINK BEFORE YOU ACT :) That's the only advice I can give you......

Too many ring knockers fail to learn this lesson in my experience.

Good luck and God bless

Semper FI Brother! ooooooorah! :usmc:

Rooger
05-05-11, 05:53 PM
Doc Can see my wife for a new pair of glasses.....Shes a certified optician!

Yonkers
05-05-11, 06:24 PM
Welcome aboard, sir.

Troutzilla
05-05-11, 06:53 PM
Welcome Sir...

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8220/opw098.th.jpg (http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=opw098.jpg)

wildwoman73
05-05-11, 06:56 PM
Lt., Dave is the local JAG, I'm a token Squid. There are some Corpsmen aboard and yes the tattoo waiver questions do get tiresome.......;)
Do you need a tattoo waiver if you are invisible?

SGT7477
05-05-11, 06:56 PM
Welcome aboard Sir, Semper Fidelis.

Luke0402
05-05-11, 07:08 PM
Do you need a tattoo waiver if you are invisible?

Good question haha. Thanks again Marines for the welcome. More welcoming than what I experienced at my first week at Annapolis I must say.

Semper Fidelis
-Luke.

advanced
05-06-11, 04:26 AM
Welcome aboard LT. If you need answers to real questions feel free to come directly to me. As you'll find out most of the others on this site are asssholes and don't know shiit.

hillbillyjar
05-06-11, 05:12 AM
Greetings LT.

Don't worry, the only squid we eat around here has to be fast fried in a wok.

After all, if it wasn't for the squids, where would we get our Advil; not to mention, we would have to float the world on our little boats.

We could do it, but it's so much more fun to let you guys do the work.

Phantom Blooper
05-06-11, 05:33 AM
Welcome aboard LT.....

One of first rules is....."Don't believe anything negative that is said about Bloopdaman."

In all seriousness there is allot of good info on here that can help you in the Marine Corps....allot of straight up answers and allot of humor.

Be true to yourself and your superiors....

Listen....Listen...and Learn from your juniors of ALL ranks....

Good luck to you!:beer:

tracs1833
05-06-11, 05:40 AM
Welcome aboard, Sir.

m14ed
05-06-11, 05:43 AM
Welcome aboard Lt..
Beware of Marines who eagerly welcome you aboard.
Watch your wallet, watch your gear,
Is there a Woman you left at home who needs Marine Attention
while you're gone ?? somebodys sure to volunteer for that one too.

Don't expect to hold our attention for too long of a period of time.

Doc Can see my wife for a new pair of glasses.....Shes a certified optician!

I was wondering just how long it would take to HIJACK this thread
Roo's already advertising for his wife.

Welcome aboard LT. If you need answers to real questions feel free to come directly to me. As you'll find out most of the others on this site are asssholes and don't know shiit.

Remember that quote: it may come in handy.

you may sometimes find that trying to Lead us is like
trying to PUSH a ROPE.

Serious Question ,,, when you were growing up,, did you ever play with Mercury ???
You may find some simularities.

P.S. Becarefull of anything i say,,, I've been known to lie in a heartbeat...!

Rooger
05-06-11, 05:58 AM
LMAO Ed! I couldn't resist twisting Doc's tail ;) as for the rest of your post? No comment

Again LT Welcome Aboard!

doc h fmf
05-06-11, 06:21 AM
Welcome Aboard Sir

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Mongoose
05-06-11, 06:28 AM
Lt., meet Russ! Hes an old salt, too much combat in the day, hes delusional. He thinks we are all from his old unit,3/5. As you can tell, by the way he addresses us. We sort of over look his senile ways.

Mongoose
05-06-11, 06:44 AM
Good question haha. Thanks again Marines for the welcome. More welcoming than what I experienced at my first week at Annapolis I must say.

Semper Fidelis
-Luke.
Lt. Luke, I wouldnt take all this attention to heart. Most of these old farts dont have a life. They spend most of their days on the P.C. in between naps. The only breaks they take is when meals on wheels shows up. They still live in the old day. When they actually had a purpose for living. Dont be surprised if some of them welcome you 3 or 4 times, as every time they log on. They will think this is a new thread. Good luck, Lt. Luke.

Luke0402
05-06-11, 07:07 AM
Haha I'll definitely remember that Mongoose. Thanks again for the welcomes. You guys are great. I'm still trying to wake up out here in Cali. Sorry bear with me :marine:

TazMatt
05-06-11, 07:49 AM
Welcome aboard Sir,don't mind half the people on here,they are either crazy or on their way there.Unlike me I know where I'm going just ask me if you can catch me on the site.The last Lt. I met,he and I didn't see eye to eye and so I am a little reserved when it comes to officers.

wildwoman73
05-06-11, 10:48 AM
Welcome aboard LT.....

One of first rules is....."Don't believe anything negative that is said about Bloopdaman."

In all seriousness there is allot of good info on here that can help you in the Marine Corps....allot of straight up answers and allot of humor.

Be true to yourself and your superiors....

Listen....Listen...and Learn from your juniors of ALL ranks....

Good luck to you!:beer:

LT...if you are having a really bad day, search "Bloopdaman" and track down his comments. Phantom Blooper is aka Drive By Funny. Just comes out of nowhere, drops a funny bomb, and disappears until the next time. Believe that.

R Landry
05-06-11, 04:07 PM
Welcome aboard, Mister. Award this LT newby of the year. 49 welcomes so far and still counting. Most of us newbys fail to fill out their profile, get slammed by Doc Greek, and lurk for a while before surfacing.

Conch
05-06-11, 04:27 PM
Welcome aboard Lieutenant. Sweet ride you've got, just a shame its not a Camaro haha, j/k.

S/F
~Blake

R Landry
05-06-11, 04:34 PM
Back in the 1970's, EVERY Annapolis midshipman was driving a Datsun 240Z

Apache
05-06-11, 05:55 PM
Welcome aboard LT
Pull up a footlocker and get comfortable

The brotherhood is active