PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden video a virus

USNAviator
05-04-11, 05:19 AM
The FBI put out a warning that the Bin Laden video is a fake and contains a virus

The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation warned computer users Tuesday (http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/malicious-software-features-usama-bin-laden-links-to-ensnare-unsuspecting-computer-users) that messages claiming to include photos and videos of Osama bin Laden's death actually contain a virus that could steal personal information.

The warning comes as security companies said that they've spotted the first samples of malicious software (http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9216382/Hackers_step_up_game_spread_malware_using_Bin_Lade n_bait) disguised as photos of the dead Al Qaeda leader.

Security vendor F-Secure said Tuesday that criminals are e-mailing a password-stealing Trojan horse program called Banload to victims, and Symantec said it's seen criminals spamming victims (http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/malware-and-phishing-attacks-flourish-following-news-osama-s-death) with links to fake "Osama dead" news articles that launch Web-based attacks on visitors.

Rocky C
05-04-11, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the Heads Up Dan.

USNAviator
05-04-11, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the Heads Up Dan.

You're welcome Rocky, don't want to see any one get burnt. It's a pretty nasty malware from what I've read

hbharrison
05-04-11, 06:44 AM
Thanks Dan, but I was thinking he was a virus so why would anyone want to look at a virus?:banana:

USNAviator
05-04-11, 06:46 AM
Thanks Dan, but I was thinking he was a virus so why would anyone want to look at a virus?:banana:

LOL......good one Butch. Haven't seen you around lately. Hope everything is OK

hbharrison
05-04-11, 06:55 AM
Just trying to stay alive while the VA is not. One day maybe they will find out I an't going with out a fight.:D

Darth Ultor
05-04-11, 07:04 AM
Wait, that animation I posted was a virus?

USNAviator
05-04-11, 07:09 AM
Wait, that animation I posted was a virus?

Is that the one from Youtube? I would imagine that Youtube has some pretty good virus protection.

I think what the FBI is waring about is fake photos and vids that require you to use a password. The password is sent to your email address and from there, once you open it, it pretty much runs a muck

hbharrison
05-04-11, 08:09 AM
Is that the one from Youtube? I would imagine that Youtube has some pretty good virus protection.

I think what the FBI is waring about is fake photos and vids that require you to use a password. The password is sent to your email address and from there, once you open it, it pretty much runs a muck

Hell, that sounds like the Govnment, once they open the mouth everything runs a muck.:banana:

elliscraig12
05-04-11, 02:34 PM
It's also going around facebook. It used the name of one of my friends, and even posted it on his wall to make it look like he sent it.

USNAviator
05-04-11, 02:48 PM
It's also going around facebook. It used the name of one of my friends, and even posted it on his wall to make it look like he sent it.

Thanks for the update. You have to think this must be pretty serious if the FBI gets involved

Old Marine
05-04-11, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the update. You have to think this must be pretty serious if the FBI gets involved

You got it Commander. We all know how professional the FBI is.:banana: