PDA

View Full Version : Leatherneck Reacts to Bin Laden death from 2230 1 May, REAL TIME comments

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 09:30 PM
This just in, Prezident going to 'address the nation' in less than a minute...somethings up...

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 09:37 PM
Annnnd...the bummy is late, as usual. This reeks of something along the lines of a clusterfrak to me.

gkmoz
05-01-11, 09:41 PM
just reported Osama Ben Laden is dead

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 09:41 PM
UNCONFIRMED reports now state....Osama killed. We'll see.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 09:42 PM
Yeah..that's GEraldo but I'm not gonna believe it just yet

Troutzilla
05-01-11, 09:43 PM
BIN LADEN IS dead !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 09:44 PM
No confirmation yet...bummy still hasn't made it 'official'.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 09:53 PM
Still waiting on bummy to get off his azz and MAKE WHATEVER ANNOUNCEMENT it's going to be. Idiot.

USNAviator
05-01-11, 09:56 PM
Still waiting on bummy to get off his azz and MAKE WHATEVER ANNOUNCEMENT it's going to be. Idiot.

Bin laden or Gadhafi?? I guess we'll see whenever!!!

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 09:57 PM
Don't you just love the fact that he's late to his own davm Press conference?

Zulu 36
05-01-11, 10:00 PM
Don't you just love the fact that he's late to his own davm Press conference?

Supposedly the delay is because he hasn't personally notified all of the leaders in Congress yet.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:01 PM
30 minutes late, and counting. 2 sources reporting UBL dead, and 'we' have the body. Allegedly shot in the head. Also heard he was killed in bomb attack.

Don't celebrate...yet...

You'd think that the dumbarse would have notified them a while ago...considering I was put on alert freakin 6 hours ago now for 'something big'. And I'm a low level munchkin.

dhuntington
05-01-11, 10:02 PM
They are confirming that he was killed a week ago but they were waiting for DNA proof. It's in, he's dead!

Zulu 36
05-01-11, 10:03 PM
All the poolees and wannabes are going to panic now.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:04 PM
Wait for his lateness in Chief. Poor staff work for sure.

LOL....Zulu go to 'chat'...they already are

VictoryttBold
05-01-11, 10:06 PM
:iwo:I will wait for the body and DNA proof.

Phantom Blooper
05-01-11, 10:06 PM
Apparently he's been dead for a week, what a great time to release the birth certificate, then "TRUMP" it LOL.... with the news Of Osama.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:08 PM
Yeah, PB...."Never let a crisis go to waste".

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:11 PM
You would think, yeah...but announcing 2230, then letting it 'leak' during the wait time (which deflates his nibs some, doesn't it?) while we all sit around and WAIT on his royal highness to show up?

Poor staff work, poor logistics. This is something that should have been stage managed at this point, far better than it has.

Multiple sources now reporting 'head shot'. Still...not going to celebrate it yet.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. Riiight.

Too bad Boosh couldn't have gotten him. This bastid doesn't deserve much credit as far as I'm concerned.

GunRun
05-01-11, 10:17 PM
Ahhh, i bet the tali and Al-Qaeda didn't like him anyways.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:19 PM
No, Dave wouldn't do that LOL

And of course...we still wait on 'his highness

GunRun
05-01-11, 10:21 PM
Just like every higher-up, he's late for his own show.

Phantom Blooper
05-01-11, 10:22 PM
Well at least Chelsea Clinton only has to worry about Obama and her mama.....and no longer about Osama.....

I wonder if he got laid by a virgin....or did he run into the wrong Virginian....

USNAviator
05-01-11, 10:23 PM
Wouldn't it be something if it was a USMC operation? No offense, Commander.

None taken Dave, I don't care if it was the Girl Scouts with those Mint Cookies who did him in

USNAviator
05-01-11, 10:25 PM
Finally, some news besides the Royal Wedding

Yes Dave but you have to admit the butt on Kate's sister was nice to watch....:D

bonedaddy0313
05-01-11, 10:26 PM
Its about time.........Semper Fi to our fallen brothers who were not able to celebrate this accomplishment. God bless them.

USNAviator
05-01-11, 10:27 PM
Holy Crap there must be 15 members looking at this thread. Sorry, I'm not near a TV, so I have to rely on whatever is posted on line

Anything official yet?????

MontezumaCpl
05-01-11, 10:28 PM
Greetings Brothers and Sisters!

Osama Bin Laden is dead! Outstanding work. We celebrate, but as we know we still face many challenges.

Semper Fi!

Zulu 36
05-01-11, 10:29 PM
Obama hasn't spoken yet. He's only an hour late now.

USNAviator
05-01-11, 10:30 PM
WASHINGTON — Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden is dead and the U.S. has his body, according to U.S. and Pakistani officials.
U.S. President Barack Obama was to make the announcement shortly that after searching in vain for bin Laden since he disappeared in Afghanistan in late 2001, the Saudi-born extremist is dead, the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Details of the death were sparse. A senior U.S. counterterrorism official, who spoke with the Associated Press on condition of anonymity, said bin Laden was killed in a ground operation in Pakistan, not by a Predator drone. The official said it happened last week.
CNN and Reuters reported that the al-Qaida leader was killed in a mansion outside Islamabad, the Pakistani capital.
It is a major accomplishment for Obama and his national security team, having fulfilled the goal once voiced by Obama's predecessor, George W. Bush, to bring to justice the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

USNAviator
05-01-11, 10:34 PM
Spec Ops and CIA say Bin Laden shot in the head. But still waiting for our Commander-in-Chief.----not a drone strike, they're saying.

Dan, I can't believe you're trying to scoop your own Commander-In-Chief. Probably Article 15 material.

Not me!!! I plead and drink the 5th. If it's true so much for him living in a cave

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:35 PM
NOTHING confirmed yet through official sources. However, I can tell you that most, if not all, military bases are at bravo

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:36 PM
Bummy confirmed. UBL Dead. Allegedly hundreds of people in front of WH cheering....

USNAviator
05-01-11, 10:37 PM
1135pm, confirmed by the Comm in Chief just now

OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Don't care who or what did him in.

Thanks Dave!!!

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:40 PM
Operation launched today, Americans did the op...no Americans harmed. Firefight, killed UBL inside a compound in Pakistan.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:41 PM
I hope someone in hevll shoves a pig up UBL's arse every single day he's there.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:46 PM
He seemed robotic. Nonetheless, good riddance that UBL is toast.

Wrench3516
05-01-11, 10:48 PM
:banana::thumbup:
"OooRahh!!"

Osama Bin Laden Dead, US Authorities Confirm
Sunday, 01 May 2011 10:24 PM

WASHINGTON--Osama bin Laden has been killed, a United States official said Sunday night.

President Obama is expected to make an announcement on Sunday night, almost ten years after the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

CNN is reporting that the US is in possession of the body and that identification has been absolutely confirmed. No details of bin Laden's death have been yet released.

US military and diplomatic installations are on a state of heightened alert and members of the Obama administration and the President have been alerting members of Congress and foreign leaders all night long.

Bin Laden was apparently killed in a "human operation" that was based on actionable intelligence in a mansion outside of Islamabad, Pakistan, according to CNN.

Sources told Fox News bin Laden was killed by a U.S. bomb a week ago. The U.S. had been waiting for the results of a DNA test to confirm his identity.

The announcement comes nearly a decade after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks which started a tireless hunt for the terrorist mastermind and Al Qaeda leader.

Challenging the might of the "infidel" United States, Osama bin Laden masterminded the deadliest militant attacks in history and then built a global network of allies to wage a "holy war" intended to outlive him.

The man behind the suicide hijack attacks of September 11, 2001, and who U.S. officials said late on Sunday was dead, was the nemesis of former President George W. Bush, who pledged to take him "dead or alive" and whose two terms were dominated by a "war on terror" against his al Qaeda network.

Bin Laden also assailed Bush's successor, Barack Obama, dismissing a new beginning with Muslims he offered in a 2009 speech as sowing "seeds for hatred and revenge against America."

Widely assumed to be hiding in Pakistan -- whether in a mountain cave or a bustling city -- bin Laden was believed to be largely bereft of operational control, under threat from U.S. drone strikes and struggling with disenchantment among former supporters alienated by suicide attacks in Iraq in 2004-06.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-Obama/2011/05/01/id/394737

USNAviator
05-01-11, 10:49 PM
I hope someone in hevll shoves a pig up UBL's arse every single day he's there.

Amen Jason, amen. Looking forward to reading about this op in the future. Probably will be kept under wraps for sometime.

God Bless America and all of our service men and women

USNAviator
05-01-11, 10:53 PM
Dan, Brian Williams, MSN/ABC said more people lost on 9/11 than at Pearl Harbor, which is saying something.
Good riddance to the son of a biitch who gave the word that began 9/11

Amen Brother, may his 77 virgins be one bunch of p$ssed off Virginians!!!!

Led by Washington and Jefferson

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:53 PM
NYC is going wild according to reports.

Oddly enough...I feel nothing. Maybe because I have a long sense of history about things like this. I'm not UNhappy about it by any means of course.

Devil1087
05-01-11, 10:54 PM
Dude I'm going to be bawwing like a little f*cking girl once I get down from this high. So many dead ****ing Marines in these wars, and many more are going to die. At least we got this goat f*cker

Sgt Leprechaun
I think if you read the Koran correctly, it's 77 virgin GOATS.

nrml1
I can't help but wonder, now what? In the back of my head as I'm sure it was for many of of the other Marines that joined during this war they perhaps hoped they would be somehow involved in such an achievement. So for Marines who are deploying soon, like myself; you have to wonder, now what? I have to admit its an awkward feeling.

Troutzilla
05-01-11, 10:55 PM
SURE LOOKS LIKE HIM......http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/1447/osamabinladendead000166.th.jpg (http://img815.imageshack.us/my.php?image=osamabinladendead000166.jpg)

what ya think....http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2773/osamabinladen.th.png (http://img535.imageshack.us/my.php?image=osamabinladen.png)

DocGreek
05-01-11, 10:56 PM
:D.....HEY!....did you guys hear??.....O'BinLaden is dead!!!
BOY!!.....THAT'LL solve all of our problems with the "A-RABBS".....HUH?......DUUUUUUH!.....

USNAviator
05-01-11, 10:58 PM
NYC is going wild according to reports.

Oddly enough...I feel nothing. Maybe because I have a long sense of history about things like this. I'm not UNhappy about it by any means of course.

I agree Jason. No high from me either. Need to take some time to let it sink in.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 10:58 PM
Hey 'Trout, where did that pic come from???? Dan, I'm glad I'm not the only one...I feel weird in that I think I SHOULD be jumping up and down...but I'm not.

USNAviator
05-01-11, 11:02 PM
Hey 'Trout, where did that pic come from???? Dan, I'm glad I'm not the only one...I feel weird in that I think I SHOULD be jumping up and down...but I'm not.

Remember when they announced the end of hostilities in Nam??? Same feelings at least for me

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 11:05 PM
Yeah. As a 9/11 Pentagon veteran....I don't feel really anything. Weird.

USNAviator
05-01-11, 11:09 PM
Yeah. As a 9/11 Pentagon veteran....I don't feel really anything. Weird.

No my friend not weird just human. If this had happened in 5/02 then you would be jumping up and down but it's been nearly 10 years. Time can dull the emotions. I feel well he's dead, so now what? Where do we go from here?

Troutzilla
05-01-11, 11:12 PM

google is your friend Lep...

who the hell gets the $25,000,000 ?

In the famous words of Curly Bill.........WELL....BYE

EGA1957
05-01-11, 11:13 PM
I think the greater impact will be that the ME's "psychological spiritual leader fell to the Infidels."

Is there someone in the wings with the same/similar "aura" and capable of leading? Shouldn't take too long to see.

USNAviator
05-01-11, 11:13 PM
LOL I'm in my office at the University, there are students chanting outside the SOB is dead.

Probably will sleep here tonight

Zulu 36
05-01-11, 11:14 PM
No my friend not weird just human. If this had happened in 5/02 then you would be jumping up and down but it's been nearly 10 years. Time can dull the emotions. I feel well he's dead, so now what? Where do we go from here?

Time to finish off his underlings.

BadAce2212
05-01-11, 11:16 PM

Exactly how I feel.. Now he's dead, but what does that mean for all of us still in Afghanistan, and Pakistan etc. Now what? We're definetly not just gonna pack up and come home tomorrow, so what does his death really do for us, besides bringin a little closure. Looking at the big picture here.

Troutzilla
05-01-11, 11:17 PM
just heard that NAVY SEALS were involved.......

Troutzilla
05-01-11, 11:21 PM
just heard Navy SEALS were involved......

rufus1
05-01-11, 11:22 PM
Just reported Navy Seals Team:flag:

nrml1
05-01-11, 11:25 PM
Exactly how I feel.. Now he's dead, but what does that mean for all of us still in Afghanistan, and Pakistan etc. Now what? We're definetly not just gonna pack up and come home tomorrow, so what does his death really do for us, besides bringin a little closure. Looking at the big picture here.

This is along the same questions I have Corporal..

USNAviator
05-01-11, 11:26 PM

Agreed Cpl. No you're coming home any time soon. He may be dead but life and war still go on. It wasn't and isn't about one individual but a concept, an ideal if you will. I read this morning the Taliban announced their Spring offensive as if we Americans talk about Spring training.A 12 yo boy detonated a bomb and killed 6 people this morning. You can't defend against that

DocGreek
05-01-11, 11:28 PM
....Gentlemen, ever since 9/11, "CELLS" have been formed all over the "Christian" world. Most...operate independently.
TEN years to put him down?? Do you "people" REALLY believe that B.S.??
How did the relatives of 6 million dead Jews react to the death of Hitler?? Some of YOU, are STILL in the DARK....EH?.....:evilgrin:

USNAviator
05-01-11, 11:28 PM
just heard Navy SEALS were involved......

If true Fair Winds to all those brave men

DocGreek
05-01-11, 11:30 PM
Keep goin' "SQUIDLY" Dan!!......DOIN' just fine!

USNAviator
05-01-11, 11:31 PM
Keep goin' "SQUIDLY" Dan!!......DOIN' just fine!

Thanks "Squidly" Doc......:D

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 11:32 PM

You got it sir.

Zulu 36
05-01-11, 11:34 PM
I don't think it's just one more idiot off the books, I think it is a very big deal to his buddies. Huge effect on them.

News says "joint special ops", so maybe the USMC was in there somewhere

Just remember that JSOC is the umbrella command for Delta, SEALS, Rangers, AFSOC, and MARSOC.

This is the kind of thing Delta was formed to do. Usually wherever Delta operates, Rangers will be close as backup.

We'll see what comes out over the next few days. It sounds like the CIA was heavily involved in surveillance work.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 11:35 PM
And not to throw cold water on this by any means, but I recall seeing photos of Marines, in the Pacific, listening to the radio announcing Hitler was dead. Five minutes later...they were back 'at it'....assaulting Japanese positions. The war wasn't over for them. It's not over for 'us' either....and I fear this will not exactly make things easier, as these dirtbags are not the Wehrmacht...and even THEY kept fighting for a time. No, not over by any means.

It's nice to see a bunch of drunken college kids waving American flags and chanting USA USA in front of the white house....and where you are Commander.

All quiet at my post.

EGA1957
05-01-11, 11:35 PM
Be interesting to see if there's any validity to (unconfirmed at this point) that attack "was on a mansion in or near the Pakistani capitol of Islamabad."

If so, so much for Pakistani's Intelligence community when it comes to sgaring with Westerners.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 11:39 PM
Large celebrations reported near 'Ground Zero' in NYC

PDK509
05-01-11, 11:40 PM
Be interesting to see if there's any validity to (unconfirmed at this point) that attack "was on a mansion in or near the Pakistani capitol of Islamabad."

If so, so much for Pakistani's Intelligence community when it comes to sgaring with Westerners.

Its already on Google maps bro.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/05/osama-bin-ladens-compound-already-mapped-on-google/238116/

If I were intell I'd be kicking my self in the azz for not checking there. Doh!
Just kidding lol.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 11:42 PM
That's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Conch
05-01-11, 11:43 PM
This is a historic moment. However, this doesn't mean that we are in the clear. Al-Qaeda is gonna be Hell bent on revenge now. We still should be vigilant and alert.

USNAviator
05-01-11, 11:45 PM
And not to throw cold water on this by any means, but I recall seeing photos of Marines, in the Pacific, listening to the radio announcing Hitler was dead. Five minutes later...they were back 'at it'....assaulting Japanese positions. The war wasn't over for them.

It's nice to see a bunch of drunken college kids waving American flags and chanting USA USA in front of the white house....and where you are Commander.

All quiet at my post.

I'm at Boston University in the History Dept. And yes they were chanting USA USA, now it's quieted down. Back to their "realty" Will Daddy sent me enough money so I can have the oil changed in my BMW? But to be honest the best students I have met have been in ROTC both Army and Navy. They tend to take history classes so I meet quite a few. Would be proud if anyone of them were my son or daughter. They actually stand when I walk into class, say yes/no sir etc. Odd for the northeast

USNAviator
05-01-11, 11:47 PM
This is a historic moment. However, this doesn't mean that we are in the clear. Al-Qaeda is gonna be Hell bent on revenge now. We still should be vigilant and alert.

Agreed :thumbup:

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 11:49 PM
I'm at Boston University in the History Dept. And yes they were chanting USA USA, now it's quieted down. Back to their "realty" Will Daddy sent me enough money so I can have the oil changed in my BMW? But to be honest the best students I have met have been in ROTC both Army and Navy. They tend to take history classes so I meet quite a few. Would be proud if anyone of them were my son or daughter. They actually stand when I walk into class, say yes/no sir etc. Odd for the northeast

Good deal sir. I'm glad they were out celebrating. That actually gets me more emotional than the actual announcement.

I'm such a gurl LOL

Lucky I guess that I have my normal 2 week appointment with my VA head doc today.

wildwoman73
05-01-11, 11:51 PM
Bin laden or Gadhafi?? I guess we'll see whenever!!!

He's next. Let 'em bark. We'll dust his a$$ too.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 11:53 PM
LOL. Amazing how this has already reached 106 posts and 8 pages :)

USNAviator
05-01-11, 11:57 PM
Good deal sir. I'm glad they were out celebrating. That actually gets me more emotional than the actual announcement.

I'm such a gurl LOL

Lucky I guess that I have my normal 2 week appointment with my VA head doc today.

About to turn in myself. Have a decent couch in my office so I'm bunking in for the night. Usual wake up is 06:00. One of those who don't need much sleep. Six hours is max for me

Take care Jason.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-02-11, 12:03 AM
Oh, I agree 100 percent Dave.

Dan...thanks. Have a good day tomorrow!

michagnu
05-02-11, 12:10 AM
He's dead now I want to know if he lost bowel control before or after they shot him.

Tennessee Top
05-02-11, 12:27 AM
Should've stayed in his cave...worked for 10 years.

BadAce2212
05-02-11, 01:13 AM
I heard reports saying that he and his son used women as human shields during the firefight. This absolutely disgusts me. :devious:

charm1110
05-02-11, 02:27 AM
Absolutely OUTSTANDING!,
i don't care which unit got him, Just glad they were AMERICAN'S!
The war on terror isn't over yet ... but this should give all Americans something to be happy about.

Semper Fi...:flag:

Phantom Blooper
05-02-11, 04:42 AM

He emerged from his cave on Easter saw his shadow and got waxed.....
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

USNAviator
05-02-11, 05:46 AM
We all know his death isn't the end of terrorists, but all in all, isn't it better that we got him instead of not getting him? If we can get him, of all people. then we can get others in positions of leadership. I guess I think it's a step in the right direction that he met his demise, finally.

Agreed Dave, with him dead a lot of the financing also dies. He was a multi millionaire who I'm sure funded many if not all of the operations

Perhaps this thread could be saved and locked sometime in the future because it recorded many of our feelings and reactions while waiting for the official news

USNAviator
05-02-11, 05:53 AM
Official press briefing link

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2011/05/press_briefing.html

03Foxtrot
05-02-11, 05:54 AM
Glad he is confirmed dead and I only hope they release some kind of photo for the benefit of the American people. Those who died and their loved ones during 9/11 deserve this and to hell with the Islamic reaction. The war will continue but I bet there are some uncomfortable people in Pakistan right now reaching for their latest excuses and lies to explain their complicity in this whole affair of where this terrorist has been hiding.

Semper Fi and "get some" SEALS

Scott

Rocky C
05-02-11, 06:30 AM
OUTF*CKINGSTANDING NEWS !!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Beltayn
05-02-11, 07:24 AM
The part that I got choked up at was the "and zero Americans were hurt in the assault" part. I am so proud of our special operators.

rktect3j
05-02-11, 07:40 AM
Agreed Dave, with him dead a lot of the financing also dies. He was a multi millionaire who I'm sure funded many if not all of the operations

Perhaps this thread could be saved and locked sometime in the future because it recorded many of our feelings and reactions while waiting for the official news

Yeah, but now that Obama has taken out Osama, there is no more need for our military. So it can all be dismantled now. Shows over folks, everybody go back to what you were doing before 2001

Rob Parry
05-02-11, 07:41 AM
If I may put a slightly different slant on things gentlemen. Two things stand out in my "Larsonesque" mind.

Ozzie must have ****ed off the Mafia, who surely had holdings in the World Trade centre; he's the first Camel Jockey to receive Gucci Shoes care of the USN and US special forces; obviously the Corleone clan now extends into the USN. Long may he keep the denizens of Davy Jones Locker amused, and fed.

Well done to all those involved in the successful operation. Keep up the good work, there must have been some rapid redeployments amongst the unwashed once the news got out.

R Landry
05-02-11, 07:58 AM
Regardless of any discussion as to which unit should be sent in, Army Special Forces, Marine Recon, or Navy Seals, it was nice to have our military guys get the job and not some anonymous CIA unit getting the credit.

USNAviator
05-02-11, 08:10 AM
Regardless of any discussion as to which unit should be sent in, Army Special Forces, Marine Recon, or Navy Seals, it was nice to have our military guys get the job and not some anonymous CIA unit getting the credit.

:thumbup: Ron.

And not one of our men were killed, that truly is the best news for me

DocGreek
05-02-11, 08:18 AM
:evilgrin:....if "YOU" believe the so-called "facts" of this "BIG LIE", you are REALLY part of the herd of SHEEP!
My guess: Osama was killed long ago, and this "new" B.S. was staged, to give our President some leverage.
The Prez will gain popular support, and be able to use leverage to gain political points.
Where's the BODY??......we'll see!.....:evilgrin:
DAN.....don't be so EASILY led!!....:D

jamielang1951
05-02-11, 08:43 AM
I feel some satisfaction, but not elation. I guess I keep thinking of all those we lost in 9-11, and the fact that this was a battle victory and not the war. These fanatics will never stop until they get what they want, to kill us and die for their twisted idealistic vision of Allah,,
we will oblige them.:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
05-02-11, 09:21 AM

He hasn't lived in a cave since he escaped from Tora Bora. There have been rumors he was living in one high-end compound or another in Paki since then.

USNAviator
05-02-11, 09:26 AM
It's actually pretty amazing that they DID get him, given his skill in hiding for all that time. That's what makes me think that if we got him, the second, third, fourth in command, down the line, will not be as tough to catch as he was, and I'm sure those operations are in place as we speak.

Dave not that it matters but for posterity and my own curiosity, has it been confirmed which group of our elite forces were involved? Have not been able to find anything online

USNAviator
05-02-11, 09:38 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Special_Operations_Command

Here it is again, this is the unit they mentioned over and over again without details, of course, as they can hardly be expected to tell more right now

JSOC

Thanks Dave, read where it was a 40 minute fire fight, 1 of 4 helos went down, no US KIA.

Old Marine
05-02-11, 09:47 AM
The thing that amazes me is that the WH was able to keep this under their collective hats for so many months and got the mission completed. Its no wonder at all that the POTUS has look so tired for some time now. Great job.

ecfree
05-02-11, 09:49 AM
[quote=DocGreek;764767]....if "YOU" believe the so-called "facts" of this "BIG LIE", you are REALLY part of the herd of SHEEP!
I'm thinking the same way.
I guess I'm a "doubting Thomas".:confused:
Why wasn't body packed in dry ice and shipped to U.S. ?:confused:
If this is a way for a political step up I find it **** poor to use a fighting force such as the Navy Seals to gain votes and belittle their name...
I pray that Osama is dead for sure....:evilgrin:

kenrobg30
05-02-11, 09:53 AM
I feel some satisfaction, but not elation. I guess I keep thinking of all those we lost in 9-11, and the fact that this was a battle victory and not the war. These fanatics will never stop until they get what they want, to kill us and die for their twisted idealistic vision of Allah,,
we will oblige them.:evilgrin:

I want to thank you Jamie. You have expressed my feeling exactly, without turning the unbeleivably good news into a political statement. We should be celibrating the end of a mass murderer, and the what ever comfort this might provide the families of the fallen. Well Done, SEALS.

"Fair Winds, and Following Seas" Sempre Fidalis! Ken

Tennessee Top
05-02-11, 10:05 AM
They are giving the credit to Navy Seal Team 6 this morning.

One retired general claims Team 6 is comprised of only the top Seals sorta like an all-star team and it's primary mission is to take out high value targets like OBL.

I'm glad the Seals are on our side. You can bet OBL's buddies are wishing the same thing!

They keep reporting OBL's body was buried at sea. In other words, they kicked his body out of the chopper as soon as it was over the ocean. Can you say shark bait!

USNAviator
05-02-11, 10:13 AM
Confiirmed: SEAL team Six did the deed. Team Six is the elite of the elite based out of Dam Neck, VA. It is only one of two of the so called Tier One counter-terrorism groups, the other being Delta Force

"Acting on intelligence painstakingly gathered since August, U.S. attack helicopters crossed from Afghanistan into Pakistan on Sunday and inserted a Navy SEALs unit known as “Team Six.” Within an hour, the legendary, elite unit had surrounded a high-walled compound and shot the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Inside the labyrinth of the compound, which was located about 20 miles north of Islamabad and not far from a Pakistani military training facility, the SEALs unit came face to face with bin Laden and in an intense fire fight, the Al Qaeda leader was shot in the head and killed."

EGA1957
05-02-11, 10:29 AM
Why is there so much "conversation" in the news that Bin LAden was "buried at sea?"

And why would that be a practical disposal of THAT body?

How much more -unless Bin Laden's head was removed and preserved- could Pandaora's Box be opened for those who read a conspiracy-in-progress?

If there was such a "buria,l" it'll be interesting to see who authorized it. (It would seem that such a decision could only be made by the CIC, but if it was allowed, that person must not have been much of a student of history.)

Big Jim
05-02-11, 10:35 AM
Why is there so much "conversation" in the news that Bin LAden was "buried at sea?"

How much more -unless Bin Laden's head was removed and preserved- could Pandaora's Box be opened for those who read a conspiracy-in-progress?

If there was such a "buria,l" it'll be interesting to see who authorized it. (It would seem that such a decision could only be made by the CIC, but if it was allowed, that person must not have been much of a student of history.)

Well military analysts stated that IF OBL was actually buried on our soil that terror extremists would glorify the gravesite. Now I believe THAT part of it at least....!!! But you're still right to question it.

Lisa 23
05-02-11, 10:46 AM

If there was such a "burial", it'll be interesting to see who authorized it. (It would seem that such a decision could only be made by the CIC, but if it was allowed, that person must not have been much of a student of history.)

Official: Bin Laden buried at sea

By MATT APUZZO, Associated Press
<ABBR class=timedate title=2011-05-02T00:40:34-0700>Mon May 2, 3:40 am ET</ABBR><!-- end .byline -->

WASHINGTON – A U.S. official says Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea.

After bin Laden was killed in a raid by U.S. forces in Pakistan, senior administration officials said the body would be handled according to Islamic practice and tradition. That practice calls for the body to be buried within 24 hours, the official said. Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said. So the U.S. decided to bury him at sea.

The official, who spoke Monday on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters, did not immediately say where that occurred.

EGA1957
05-02-11, 11:36 AM
I wonder what will be, or was, done with the adult son's body?

Wouldn't the spawn of a cherished leader be exalted the same as the "absent" father?

StateFarm2011
05-02-11, 12:43 PM
I always imagined the death of Bin Laden ending up in celebrations equal to those of Return of the Jedi. It was great to see americans celebrating, but I thought it would have been a bigger deal than it was.
Just my $0.02

Zulu 36
05-02-11, 01:00 PM
I always imagined the death of Bin Laden ending up in celebrations equal to those of Return of the Jedi. It was great to see americans celebrating, but I thought it would have been a bigger deal than it was.
Just my $0.02

Too much separation from 9-11 until now. If we'd been hit with more biggies during the past nine-years, then there would be bigger celebrations.

USNAviator
05-02-11, 02:09 PM
WASHINGTON – The U.S. used multiple means to confirm the identity of Osama bin Laden during and after the firefight in which he was killed, before placing his body in the North Arabian Sea from aboard a U.S. aircraft carrier, senior U.S. officials said Monday.

The al-Qaida leader was identified by name by a woman believed to be one of his wives — bin Laden had several — who was present at his Pakistan compound at the time of the U.S. raid. He also was visually identified by members of the U.S. raid squad, a senior intelligence official told reporters at a Pentagon briefing. Under ground rules set by the Pentagon, the intelligence official and two senior defense officials could not be identified by name.

The intelligence official also said quite a bit of unspecified material was collected by U.S. forces during the raid. Without describing the material, the official said it is being analyzed by a team of people at the CIA.

The officials said bin Laden was killed toward the end of the firefight, which took place overnight Monday in a building at a compound north of Islamabad, the Pakistani capital. His body was put aboard the USS Carl Vinson and placed into the North Arabian Sea.

Phantom Blooper
05-02-11, 02:19 PM
Show me the death fax..........

LandsNGrooves
05-02-11, 05:17 PM
Confiirmed: SEAL team Six did the deed. Team Six is the elite of the elite based out of Dam Neck, VA. It is only one of two of the so called Tier One counter-terrorism groups, the other being Delta Force

"Acting on intelligence painstakingly gathered since August, U.S. attack helicopters crossed from Afghanistan into Pakistan on Sunday and inserted a Navy SEALs unit known as “Team Six.” Within an hour, the legendary, elite unit had surrounded a high-walled compound and shot the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Inside the labyrinth of the compound, which was located about 20 miles north of Islamabad and not far from a Pakistani military training facility, the SEALs unit came face to face with bin Laden and in an intense fire fight, the Al Qaeda leader was shot in the head and killed."

SEAL team 6 hasnt been active for years. You are thinking DevGRU. No, they are not the same thing

USNAviator
05-02-11, 05:50 PM
SEAL team 6 hasnt been active for years. You are thinking DevGRU. No, they are not the same thing

You are correct, that why it's in quotes in the article. But yes it is DEVGRU Six was dissolved in '87 and DEVGRU was formed. But thanks for the correction, much appreciated

"The United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG), commonly known as DEVGRU and informally by its former name SEAL Team Six (ST6)"

bonedaddy0313
05-02-11, 06:40 PM
It makes me that much more elated to know that one of our own put a "double tap" in the head of that douchebag, and a not a spook,drone or whoever.....

Kegler300
05-02-11, 07:14 PM
Will we ever know who pumped those rounds into his **********?

USNAviator
05-02-11, 07:19 PM

Master Guns when the books come out we will. BTW you and I both refer to DEVGRU as Team Six, are we really that old? Well hell I'm much older than you.........:D

R Landry
05-02-11, 07:29 PM
Until we find out which SEAL double-tapped OBL, this guy will do until we find out.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/06/21/Elian.gif

Old Marine
05-02-11, 07:34 PM

Maybe on a need to know.:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
05-02-11, 07:53 PM
Master Guns when the books come out we will. BTW you and I both refer to DEVGRU as Team Six, are we really that old? Well hell I'm much older than you.........:D
I knew it as Team Six way back too. They changed to DevGru shortly before the Panama Op to get Noriega. They wanted a total name change to clean themselves of any taint from Marcinko.

I talked to a couple of SEALS about Marcinko. They said he was pretty much the way he wrote about himself and most of his exploits were reasonably accurate. The SEAL community was upset with him for telling too many stories out of school about ops, tactics, etc. They did think he got screwed by the Navy - he made too many powerful enemies in forming Team Six and especially later with Red Cell. You know how admirals can get.

R Landry
05-02-11, 08:10 PM
For now, it's this guy....

http://i53.tinypic.com/1z313lw.jpg

USNAviator
05-02-11, 08:27 PM
. You know how admirals can get.

Usually they were right up in my face.....lol!!! RHIP and doesn't it mean, Relativistic Heavy Ion Physics.......:D

gpdesigner
05-02-11, 08:54 PM
I will be satisfied when I see pics of OBL corps . . . you know somebody snapped pictures of it . . . we saw Saddam's lifeless corps I want to see OBL
gp

Zulu 36
05-02-11, 09:13 PM
I will be satisfied when I see pics of OBL corps . . . you know somebody snapped pictures of it . . . we saw Saddam's lifeless corps I want to see OBL
gp

They have pics - fully admitted that. They're just trying to decide whether to release them as they are "gruesome." No sh*t. Somebody put two in his melon. I saw the Paki vids of the bedroom and I could recognize brains in among the large bloodstains.

Zulu wants to see the photos too.

LandsNGrooves
05-02-11, 09:52 PM
I'm sure we will. Eventually a book will come out and will it be a bestseller. I'd like to read the whole story about it. I think we'll find out all the details then. Looking forward to it.

We wont know his real name for a long time, if ever. Just hang around Dam Neck and find the guy whos friends never let his glass run dry:beer:

Anyone read the book by the Delta Commander "Dalton Fury"? Yeah, only Gary Burnstein can come out w real names and such. There are a couple former Delta/Devgru guys that are public, but they all own training companies and only use it to insure credibility.

Darth Ultor
05-03-11, 12:11 AM
Well, I guess he's now sleeping with 72 sturgeons

duckman9
05-03-11, 12:41 AM
bin Laden Is Dead With A Big Hole In His Head

Phantom Blooper
05-03-11, 06:07 AM
bin Laden Is Dead With A Big Hole In His Head

That helps him sink faster to the whale shiat....

Haven't heard anything in two days about the royal newlyweds....

Guess it gives them time away at the secret getaway to do the loveshack on your back shuffle.....without the queen....daddio...and the country saying smile and wave for me....when all your thinkin' about is getting laid.

Lisa 23
05-04-11, 12:43 PM
May 04, 2011
Obama to CBS: I won't release dead bin Laden photos

President Obama told CBS's 60 Minutes (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20059739-503544.html?tag=breakingnews) today that he will not release photos of Osama bin Laden's corpse.

Obama made the declaration during a taped interview to be broadcast in full Sunday night, CBS reported.

Earlier post:
CIA Director Leon Panetta, in media interviews and briefings to members of Congress, had indicated that the administration had planned to release post-mortem pictures of bin Laden, though other White House officials said a final decision had not been made.

The administration also has video of bin Laden's burial at sea, shortly after the world's leading terrorist was shot to death by a Navy SEAL during a weekend raid.

"I don`t think there was any question that, ultimately, a photograph would be presented to the public," Panetta told NBC News. "Obviously, I've seen those photographs. We've analyzed them. And there's no question that it's bin Laden."

The photos are also "gruesome," said White House spokesman Jay Carney, one of the reasons some administration officials -- presumably including Obama -- objected to their release.

The president and aides sought to gauge reaction to a photo release, including in the Muslim world and whether jihadists may try to use the photos as a new rallying cry.

Said Carney:

There are sensitivities here in terms of the appropriateness of releasing photographs of Osama bin Laden in the aftermath of this firefight, and we're making an evaluation about the need to do that because of the sensitivities involved.

And we review this information and make this decision with the same calculation as we do so many things, which is what we're trying to accomplish and does it serve or in any way harm our interests. And that is not just domestic, but globally.
The debate over whether to release the photos also played out across the country, as reported by our colleagues at the Detroit Free Press:

National security law experts had mixed opinions, expressing many of the same concerns as the Obama administration.

"I would advise against releasing the photos," said John Radsan, a national security law expert, former assistant general counsel for the CIA and now a professor at William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, Minn.

"It will be seen as disrespectful or intended to humiliate by some audiences, and I doubt that it will satisfy the skeptics," said Radsan, a former Detroiter whose parents were born in Iran. "We are a visual society, and people want visual confirmation. But, at times, we have to take the word of our government, our military and our intelligence agencies."

But Imad Hamad, regional director of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee in Dearborn, said he has no problem if the government releases the photo.

"I'm fine either way," he said. "I can understand the logic that says we want to see the body ... but it could also spark more violence."

Troy attorney Shereef Akeel, an Egyptian American and Muslim, said: "It would have been more gratifying if the man had been hauled in alive to face justice."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/05/obama-decides-whether-to-release-dead-bin-laden-photos/1

Zulu 36
05-04-11, 01:01 PM
Well, here we go with the birth certificate issue again. Refuses to release easily produced proof to the world. Who cares if it upsets Muslims. They're already ****ed at us. Releasing the proof may actually settle a few of them down. May not, but who cares?

USNAviator
05-04-11, 01:05 PM
Well, here we go with the birth certificate issue again. Refuses to release easily produced proof to the world. Who cares if it upsets Muslims. They're already ****ed at us. Releasing the proof may actually settle a few of them down. May not, but who cares?

Agree Chris, a I posted in another thread this will just add more fuel to the fire. This whole thing has been mishandled since the word reached the WH that Geronimo was KIA. But I don't want to go political here

StateFarm2011
05-04-11, 01:12 PM
I think this about sums it up!
:cool:

ChuckH
05-04-11, 01:20 PM
They can post photos of innocent people jumping off the top of the world trade centers to avoid the fire.. but not a photo of this dead scum bag...
Way to go Mr. President...

StateFarm2011
05-04-11, 01:29 PM
And they can show the pictures of the PMCs at Fallujah.

EGA1957
05-04-11, 02:04 PM
Wonder if ALL SEAL team members had the vidcams ON during the assault?

If so, wouldn't it be logical to assume that there is AN-INSTANT-BEFORE-DEATH shot(no pun intended) that would show pretty clearly who was to be shot?

Would even such a still would seemingly satisfy even the most doubtful of skeptics? Maybe.

USNAviator
05-04-11, 02:34 PM
The reason I say all that is this: There is no end to it unless we as individuals put an end to it. We believe in plenty of things we can't see. We run our lives according to things we accept as true, even though we have no idea if they really are.
We accept quite a few things in our daily lives.
We have the choice to accept what proof we do have, or demand it for the rest of our natural lives.

There's a photo of Bin Laden on the Internet, dead, as we speak.

Unfortunately Dave that's been proven to be fake. I posted a thread this morning about a hijack virus being attached to photos and videos of the deceased Bin Laden. The FBI has issued a warning not to down load these fakes

Zulu 36
05-04-11, 02:34 PM
I think he's dead. I just want to see him dead.

I don't care how "gruesome" the photos are, they can't be any worse than some crime scenes I've been at. I saw the Paki videos of the bedroom. Whoever got shot there left a lot of blood and parts of their brain on the floor and I would call it non-survivable just based on that.

USNAviator
05-04-11, 02:46 PM
It wouldn't be enough anyway, Dan, and even if they produced the body, it still wouldn't be enough.
You could set him in Times Square at rush hour and still, it would not be convincing enough.
Nothing is ever enough. So here is the solution. We can believe he's dead, or we can believe he is still alive somewhere. Two choices. How's that? That satisfies everyone. LOL

Works for me Dave, he never existed. ;)

R Landry
05-04-11, 06:28 PM
On the Today show this morning, someone was discussing that Al Zawahiri, OBL's long-serving 2nd in command, would succeed him. The guy said that Al Zawahiri was blunt-spoken and arrogant, compared to the quiet-spoken and poetic OBL.

Great! Now we move from a poetic terror leader to an arrogant terror leader.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-04-11, 09:47 PM
OK folks, based on a VERY good idea, I'm shutting this one down. I'm also making it a 'sticky', as it shows, in 'real time', how 'we', as a community and as a group, reacted to this historical event.

I very much appreciate EVERYONE who took the time to share their thoughts on this.

I will likely change the title as well.

v/r
Sgt L