PDA

View Full Version : Just want to know from the ones not in the South

awbrown1462
04-29-11, 07:00 AM
You all know about the storms we have had here in the South close to 300 killed. What I want to know is how much news was there about it in the rest of the U.S. compared to when something happens somewhere else in the world

Apache
04-29-11, 07:58 AM
Minimal

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 08:04 AM
It is all over the world news channels HLN CNN and MSNBC. Since 911 I am addicted to the world news. I am sure most of the local news channels in Ca Ma and Oh NY and RI mention it rarely.

Mongoose
04-29-11, 08:46 AM
Yesterday, it was all over the Dallas news. All the Dallas stations carried it all day. This morning, every station, local and national, is showing the big wedding in England. I could give a shet less about who gets married in England, and what celebs. are there.

Rocky C
04-29-11, 08:48 AM
It's on Local and World news here in Rhode Island everyday.

USNAviator
04-29-11, 08:50 AM
Up here in Boston the local news gave it very little coverage. Back home in Virginia, where we lost some of our citizens I was told that the local news gave it extensive coverage. I guess if it doesn't affect you or your area, it's not going to get much coverage

And Billy what are you doing here, I thought you went to the wedding? :banana:

jerryk
04-29-11, 09:15 AM
people more worried about who gets married in england then what happens to people in our own country

Old Marine
04-29-11, 09:29 AM
Getting lots of coverage on the local news for the Reno, Nv. area.

awbrown1462
04-29-11, 09:32 AM
ok thanks all just wanted to see if the news carried it thanks

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 09:42 AM
people more worried about who gets married in england then what happens to people in our own country

Is England ever going to have a King? I mean dam how long can that old woman possibly live? :bunny:

montana
04-29-11, 09:46 AM
quite a bit about it here awbrown....in between the weddind news that is...way way to sad for sure

elliscraig12
04-29-11, 11:08 AM
It's all over the Chicago news.

Old Marine
04-29-11, 11:16 AM
Is England ever going to have a King? I mean dam how long can that old woman possibly live? :bunny:

There are a lot of Queens running to and fro in England.:sick:

awbrown1462
04-29-11, 11:27 AM
ok thanks again but I now can see not the coverage like if something happen in another country anyone see anything on helping out or sending money like you seen for Japan some of the smaller towns are poor

MD8724
04-29-11, 12:53 PM
A lot of churches are taking up donations for people. I'm sure other organizations will help out as well.

Also, every bit of it was covered on San Diego news. My wife and I stayed up watching the whole thing. We are from east TN, so we were on the phone with family the whole time. I had a buddy from when I was younger lose his house and his whole family. I think they said he might die as well. It really sucks that I can't be there to help out.

Mongoose
04-29-11, 01:00 PM
ok thanks again but I now can see not the coverage like if something happen in another country anyone see anything on helping out or sending money like you seen for Japan some of the smaller towns are poor
Lots of different things happening in Dallas to help . They are sending hundreds of linemen to help get the electric back on . Many places around here taking donations.