PDA

View Full Version : An Open Note to Poolees...

USNAviator
04-28-11, 09:31 PM
Don't bother posting here if you think this is a Twitter account. Don't bother posting if you cant/won't take the time to spell check. Don't posting if you can't put together coherent sentences( look the word up if you're confused).. Don't bother posting if you don't know how to spell Marine Corps, fill in your profile or are too lazy to look up the info on your own. Don't bother posting if you want to whine that things aren't going your way, they seldom do. Don't bother posting if your parents don't understand your decision or lack there off, deal with it

Most importantly don't bother posting if you can't/won't show respect to all the Marines aboard. It's not "guys, yo, bro " or what ever you lack in common courtesy. Don't bother posting if you can't respect those who came before you, who earned the EGA. Don't bother posting if you haven't a clue what all this means

Fair winds to all Marines from one rapidly aging Squid.....:D

Old Marine
04-28-11, 09:38 PM
Damn Cmdr, did you have a flame out? If the above happens, there are going to be few posters left around here. I have to admit that a lot of posts lately seem to be posted by other than humans. LOL

USNAviator
04-28-11, 09:43 PM
Damn Cmdr, did you have a flame out? If the above happens, there are going to be few posters left around here. I have to admit that a lot of posts lately seem to be posted by other than humans. LOL

LOL Gunny, I'm sure the ignorance level will remain the same. Just had to get it off my chest

micarr57
04-28-11, 09:56 PM
don't posting if you can't put together coherent sentences???????
practice what you preach
my english grade in hs was aweful

FoxtrotOscar
04-28-11, 09:59 PM
"Don't posting if you can't put together coherent sentences( look the word up if you're confused).."

I'll fix this sentence for ya Cmdr...

"Don't (BOTHER) posting if you can't put together coherent sentence's...

:)

USNAviator
04-28-11, 10:10 PM
"Don't posting if you can't put together coherent sentences( look the word up if you're confused).."

I'll fix this sentence for ya Cmdr...

"Don't (BOTHER) posting if you can't put together coherent sentence's...

:)

Thanks Mike was on a roll....lol

USNAviator
04-28-11, 10:13 PM
don't posting if you can't put together coherent sentences???????
practice what you preach
my english grade in hs was aweful

English, High School, awful. Any other questions?????

tripledog
04-29-11, 02:47 AM
But but but, this is the New Marines, those of the Liberal wing. Proper English is passive and is not secular inclined.

And yea, I did fail English, come to think of it, I failed everything.

m14ed
04-29-11, 02:53 AM
Looks and sounds like someone had to "Vent". I guess it may as well have been
our "Little Blue Sailor" who flipped out this time.
I can't help but laugh. I saw the title for this string/thread and said to myself,
this is gonna draw more "Smudges" than a "Do Not Touch- Wet Paint" sign on a bench Next to a Bus Stop.

Hang in there "JohnPaulJones", We aren't laughing at you , we're laughing with you.

USNAviator
04-29-11, 06:35 AM
Looks and sounds like someone had to "Vent". I guess it may as well have been
our "Little Blue Sailor" who flipped out this time.
I can't help but laugh. I saw the title for this string/thread and said to myself,
this is gonna draw more "Smudges" than a "Do Not Touch- Wet Paint" sign on a bench Next to a Bus Stop.

Hang in there "JohnPaulJones", We aren't laughing at you , we're laughing with you.

LOL Ed, you're right it had to happen and I'm sure I won't be the last. As Lep is so fond of saying, "I grow weary"

Phantom Blooper
04-29-11, 06:42 AM
Shiat homes.....

i dono iffen' i can take dis bro....

dat ain't even right........

I kant even play wid a twatter......:banana:

Mongoose
04-29-11, 06:46 AM
I hope this isnt retroactive, Commander Dan!

USNAviator
04-29-11, 06:48 AM
I hope this isnt retroactive, Commander Dan!

Good God I hope not as well Billy.

USNAviator
04-29-11, 06:49 AM
Shiat homes.....

i dono iffen' i can take dis bro....

dat ain't even right........

I kant even play wid a twatter......:banana:

Another classic, Chuck in the Hood

Apache
04-29-11, 08:01 AM
Aye-Aye Sir
Does this smooth the feathers any ?

SGT7477
04-29-11, 08:02 AM
Don't bother posting here if you think this is a Twitter account. Don't bother posting if you cant/won't take the time to spell check. Don't posting if you can't put together coherent sentences( look the word up if you're confused).. Don't bother posting if you don't know how to spell Marine Corps, fill in your profile or are too lazy to look up the info on your own. Don't bother posting if you want to whine that things aren't going your way, they seldom do. Don't bother posting if your parents don't understand your decision or lack there off, deal with it

Most importantly don't bother posting if you can't/won't show respect to all the Marines aboard. It's not "guys, yo, bro " or what ever you lack in common courtesy. Don't bother posting if you can't respect those who came before you, who earned the EGA. Don't bother posting if you haven't a clue what all this means

Fair winds to all Marines from one rapidly aging Squid.....:D
Well put Sir, Semper Fidelis.

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 08:09 AM
Sir,

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way but there is a reason their called grunts.

Cpl Kev

Old Marine
04-29-11, 09:35 AM
Sir,

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way but there is a reason their called grunts.

Cpl Kev

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

montana
04-29-11, 09:44 AM
guess i isnt gonna post here
be safe bros

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 09:48 AM
guess i isnt gonna post here
be safe bros

LOL! I am not the brightest apple in the batch but try to use proper typing etiquette as to not be offensive to the eyes of the Edjucated Trolling the forums. Yes 4 the's in my run on sentence.

FoxtrotOscar
04-29-11, 09:58 AM
LOL! I am not the brightest apple in the batch but try to use proper typing etiquette as to not be offensive to the eyes of the Edjucated Trolling the forums. Yes 4 the's in my run on sentence.

Don't know about the run on the sentence's... but I do know the run in my shorts....

I digress... :sick: :scared: :)

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 10:20 AM
Don't know about the run on the sentence's... but I do know the run in my shorts....

I digress... :sick: :scared: :)

The Highly Edjucated will not approve for sure!

montana
04-29-11, 10:24 AM
likes the's

USNAviator
04-29-11, 10:48 AM
Well I see this can rapidly head south.......;)

Just venting about all the young people who come on here asking legit questions but you have to spend so much time trying to figure out what they are trying to say. Don't they teach writing in school any more? God help them when they have to put together a resume and a cover letter

And if any of you grunts could write you would have been in the Navy.......:D

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 10:56 AM
And if any of you grunts could write you would have been in the Navy

I was under the impression the only qualifications for being a Sailor was how to fold your clothes properly not write or type literate. In the Corps we stuffed our Cammies in a seabag along with the rest of our personal effects. Writing skills were not necessary along with folding.

Tennessee Top
04-29-11, 12:25 PM
Commander,

The prevailing attitude is:

"it's just the internet yo. take a chill pill; we don't need or have time to read your guy's silly rules. what we say on here has no bearing on how we perform in real life (especially bootcamp). spelling and all that crap is not that important yo. you old farts from generations past did not grow up with the benefit of this wonderful technology so therefor are out of touch with reality and irrelevant. why should i respect what you old dudes did in the past? in case you guys haven't noticed, this whole world revolves around me and my desires. i deserve to be catered to and my recruiter dude is not truthful with me so i want a different one now. i can't understand why the marine corp won't just give me the job i want (infantry); my friends and parents tell me all the time how special i am so it must be true (i scored a 50 on my asvab test). yes, i have some tatts but the meps dudes will wave at them they said. i hear basic training is not that bad so see no need to attend poolee meetings; besides, i have other things to do that are more important than preparing for basic anyways. just because i have a poor attitude toward training now does not mean i will have a poor attitude at parris island. besides, the DI guys will understand and if they don't, i'll just go over their heads. i want to graduate a PFC and since i'm so special they should just give me that too. i am the best thing to ever happen to the marine corp. i want to go to college and get a degree but don't want to pay anything and i also want to live in an apartment in town not the barracks.

rah rah roma romma"

bootlace15
04-29-11, 12:30 PM
hahahahaha hahahahahahaha Sounds bout right.........hahahahahaha

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 12:40 PM
Mr. Aviator Sir,

If I may be so bold to ask please do not ask for Marines to stop posting on a Marine Forum. I beleive you are out of bounds on this one and this thread should be closed.

Cpl Heglar

MD8724
04-29-11, 12:45 PM
Commander,

The prevailing attitude is:

"it's just the internet yo. take a chill pill; we don't need or have time to read your guy's silly rules. what we say on here has no bearing on how we perform in real life (especially bootcamp). spelling and all that crap is not that important yo. you old farts from generations past did not grow up with the benefit of this wonderful technology so therefor are out of touch with reality and irrelevant. why should i respect what you old dudes did in the past? in case you guys haven't noticed, this whole world revolves around me and my desires. i deserve to be catered to and my recruiter dude is not truthful with me so i want a different one now. i can't understand why the marine corp won't just give me the job i want (infantry); my friends and parents tell me all the time how special i am so it must be true (i scored a 50 on my asvab test). yes, i have some tatts but the meps dudes will wave at them they said. i hear basic training is not that bad so see no need to attend poolee meetings; besides, i have other things to do that are more important than preparing for basic anyways. just because i have a poor attitude toward training now does not mean i will have a poor attitude at parris island. besides, the DI guys will understand and if they don't, i'll just go over their heads. i want to graduate a PFC and since i'm so special they should just give me that too. i am the best thing to ever happen to the marine corp. i want to go to college and get a degree but don't want to pay anything and i also want to live in an apartment in town not the barracks.

rah rah roma romma"

Everyone should want to go to college, and hopefully not pay anything. :)

Also, blame it on instant messaging and texting. They use "u" instead of "you" because it's faster. And do you know who's generation didn't invent phones or the internet? Mine! Bam!

Tennessee Top
04-29-11, 01:02 PM
Mr. Aviator Sir,

If I may be so bold to ask please do not ask for Marines to stop posting on a Marine Forum. I beleive you are out of bounds on this one and this thread should be closed.

Cpl Heglar

You missed the point corporal. All the commander wants is for everyone (not just Marines) to adhere to the site rules and show common respect/courtesy.

Not too much to ask in my opinion. Don't understand why it's so difficult for people to do.

USNAviator
04-29-11, 01:10 PM
You missed the point corporal. All the commander wants is for everyone (not just Marines) to adhere to the site rules and show common respect/courtesy.

Not too much to ask in my opinion. Don't understand why it's so difficult for people to do.

Thank you Top, you're spot on. If people read my initial post they would figure out that I wasn't talking about Marines, I was talking about poolee's, wannabees etc. Young kids who couldn't spell cat if you spotted them the c and the a.

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 01:10 PM
Hey Top the title reads:

Don't Bother Posting

then

Don't bother posting if you cant/won't take the time to spell check. Don't posting if you can't put together coherent sentences( look the word up if you're confused)

There are alot of Marines that do not and can not adhere to this statement. Should they pack up and leave? That is my point.

USNAviator
04-29-11, 01:16 PM
Mr. Aviator Sir,

Cpl Heglar

Cpl. I wasn't asking for any Marine to stop posting. I nor anyone has that lofty privilege Please go back and read my initial post. Perhaps I should have made it an open letter to poolees etc. I'm sorry if this caused any misunderstanding Cpl.

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 01:22 PM
No need to apologize and I am not trying to pick a fight cause I don't enjoy being controversial, I am simply trying to say an open letter like this on the forum could discourage a Marine from posting which is the furtherest thing in the world from what I want. I am sure you did not intend it to be taken this way but If I typed w/o spell check and did not capitalize my sentences and proper names I might feel as if the post was directed at me. *just sayin

Zulu 36
04-29-11, 01:22 PM
This is my attitude on grammar/spelling on posts. I am completely tolerant of older Marines/Docs/Aviators who don't write or spell very well. I know many of them didn't finish high school for one reason or another (often a need to feed the family), but they served and many in combat. They earned the right to my time in sorting through their posts. I do not think poorly of them at all.

However, the boots, poolees, and wannabes, are another matter. Seeing as one cannot get into the Corps any longer with less than a HS diploma or a GED with 15-college credit hours, they have no excuse to write like second graders, nor will I devote effort to try and decrypt their language. Some of it has to go to NSA to be read.

BTW Commander Dan, just kidding about the Aviator part :D. Couldn't resist, y'know.

USNAviator
04-29-11, 01:29 PM
This is my attitude on grammar/spelling on posts. I am completely tolerant of older Marines/Docs/Aviators who don't write or spell very well. I know many of them didn't finish high school for one reason or another (often a need to feed the family), but they served and many in combat. They earned the right to my time in sorting through their posts. I do not think poorly of them at all.

However, the boots, poolees, and wannabes, are another matter. Seeing as one cannot get into the Corps any longer with less than a HS diploma or a GED with 15-college credit hours, they have no excuse to write like second graders, nor will I devote effort to try and decrypt their language. Some of it has to go to NSA to be read.

BTW Commander Dan, just kidding about the Aviator part :D. Couldn't resist, y'know.

Damn Chris, I thought I was going to have my feelings hurt....:banana:

BTW found a book on PAA China Clipper, I'll send you a PM with the info. I think it was either on Amazon or the Naval Institute Press

USNAviator
04-29-11, 01:31 PM
No need to apologize and I am not trying to pick a fight cause I don't enjoy being controversial, I am simply trying to say an open letter like this on the forum could discourage a Marine from posting which is the furtherest thing in the world from what I want. I am sure you did not intend it to be taken this way but If I typed w/o spell check and did not capitalize my sentences and proper names I might feel as if the post was directed at me. *just sayin

Roger that Cpl. No harm, no foul. Just a misunderstanding.

BTW, enlisted in the Navy have valets who fold their clothes........:D

FoxtrotOscar
04-29-11, 02:01 PM
Well hell, I'm a Grunt and even I understood what the Cmdr was getting at..

;)

Tennessee Top
04-29-11, 04:21 PM
Well hell, I'm a Grunt and even I understood what the Cmdr was getting at..

;)

Thank you sir!:yes:

It's NOT that difficult people.

Marine84
04-29-11, 06:03 PM
Cmdr, I don't think they teach Hooked on Phonics in school anymore like they did when we were in. It's a shame.

USNAviator
04-29-11, 06:10 PM
Cmdr, I don't think they teach Hooked on Phonics in school anymore like they did when we were in. It's a shame.

Kim I'm old enough to remember they use to call grades 1-6 Grammar School. I guess they must have had a reason eh?.........;)

Zulu 36
04-29-11, 06:49 PM
Kim I'm old enough to remember they use to call grades 1-6 Grammar School. I guess they must have had a reason eh?.........;)

Amen to both Kim and Dan. Whats more, schools weren't afraid to move you up when deserved and hold you back when also deserved. I never took 3rd grade reading class, went straight from 2d to 4th. Everything else was 3rd grade (I'm not that bright - just glad I didn't have to repeat 2d grade arithmetic). :D

Sgt Leprechaun
04-29-11, 06:55 PM
The Commander has asked that I change the title of the thread, which I will do.

Otherwise, I support his post...with ONE caveat......

Marines that were Marines 'back in the day' who may not have had the benefit of even a High School education prior to being drafted...or enlisted, likely do not have the grammar skills that I would EXPECT of a student of today. Therefore, as they earned the title LONG before such things were a major requirement, they are HEREBY EXEMPTED from such rules.

I believe we can all agree on that one. I'm not about to tell a veteran of Khe Sanh, Hue, Chosin, or Iwo that their spelling and grammar 'doesn't meet today's standard'.

Even I don't have those sorta stones, ladies and gents.

USNAviator
04-29-11, 07:08 PM
The Commander has asked that I change the title of the thread, which I will do.

Otherwise, I support his post...with ONE caveat......

Marines that were Marines 'back in the day' who may not have had the benefit of even a High School education prior to being drafted...or enlisted, likely do not have the grammar skills that I would EXPECT of a student of today. Therefore, as they earned the title LONG before such things were a major requirement, they are HEREBY EXEMPTED from such rules.

I believe we can all agree on that one. I'm not about to tell a veteran of Khe Sanh, Hue, Chosin, or Iwo that their spelling and grammar 'doesn't meet today's standard'.

Even I don't have those sorta stones, ladies and gents.

Agreed 100% Jason but I wasn't targeting Marines of any era. It's my fault for not making my intentions clearer. I believe the thread has the correct title now

And thanks to all who voiced their opinions. You happy now Doc???......:D Good to have you back and posting

Fair winds

Sgt Leprechaun
04-29-11, 07:10 PM
Roger that sir. I believe the title change makes it a tad more clear, but just wanted to add my little 'clarification'.

USNAviator
04-29-11, 07:14 PM
Roger that sir. I believe the title change makes it a tad more clear, but just wanted to add my little 'clarification'.

Bravo Zulu Sgt. Understood!!!

Old Marine
04-29-11, 09:07 PM
How about us guys who have CRS?

Sgt Leprechaun
04-29-11, 09:15 PM
Gunny, that counts as well :) One day I'll be there. Whereever it is....

Marine84
05-01-11, 10:44 AM
rah rah roma romma"

ga ga ooh la la:banana:

m14ed
05-01-11, 11:44 AM
How about us guys who have C.R.S.?

I'll see that bet of C.R.S. , and
Raise you a case of C.R.A.F.T.

Carpshooter
05-01-11, 01:05 PM
As much as I like you , rules here should be set by my fellow " Marines " as I think that if you didn't graduate from Marine boot camp and don't have a Marine honorable discharge , then don't try to...

BauerBrat
05-01-11, 01:38 PM
Are you a Poolee?? Read the title of the thread, its addressed to all the young people who come on here who can't or won't write correctly. Most people understood what the Commander was talking...

Sgt Leprechaun
05-01-11, 05:11 PM
At the Commanders request, this one is being deleted. It appears it has caused more harm than good due to the inability of some to fully comprehend.