PDA

View Full Version : God be with us.

BadAce2212
04-27-11, 05:38 PM
I realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with the Corps but I'm asking everyone to keep Alabama and the southern states in your thoughts and prayers. Since early this morning rough storms have been dropping tornados all over the place and the damage is severe, numerous casualties have been reported in Alabama alone. I just watched a tornado rip through Tuscaloosa and The University of Alabama campus heading for the football stadium. Numerous places here in Alabama alone have alot of damage from tornados and we're supposed to have more storms the rest of the night. So for anyone who will, keep Alabama and the south in your prayers and pray we all make in through the night without anymore damage or casualties. Semper Fi Marines:usmc:

FistFu68
04-27-11, 05:41 PM
:evilgrin: Prayers leaving The Tube~~~GodBless Ya :thumbup: :iwo:

USNAviator
04-27-11, 06:14 PM
Prayers South bound, stay well and safe!!

BadAce2212
04-27-11, 06:24 PM
Thanks a million Cmdr, greatly appreciated. You as well PFC, thanks.

Lisa 23
04-27-11, 06:33 PM
Prayers outbound!

BadAce2212
04-27-11, 06:41 PM
Greatly appreciated Ma'am..Just saw another tornado come past, dont know of any damage reports yet though. I reckon its time to take up cover.

USNAviator
04-27-11, 06:46 PM
Keep us updated Rocky and good luck to y'all

hbharrison
04-27-11, 06:47 PM
God Bless them All and may he walk softly with them and keep them safe.

BadAce2212
04-27-11, 07:00 PM
Wont let me post pics inthe thread but I posted some pics from Tuscaloosa,AL in an album on my profile to show the power of tese storms if anyone is interested. As long as I have power I will try to keep up to date.

USNAviator
04-27-11, 07:14 PM
Holy cr$p, that was today???

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2936&pictureid=14479

Mongoose
04-27-11, 08:05 PM
Hang in there brother. We just went through what your getting last night and night before. God Bless all of you and keep you safe. S/F

jamielang1951
04-27-11, 08:25 PM
May God bless and keep all who were effected by these disasters. I live 70 miles north of New Orleans so I know the devastation and heartbreak storms can bring.

Old Marine
04-27-11, 09:16 PM
God bless all the souls effected by these terrible storms. Please keep everyone safe.

AEM85
04-27-11, 09:18 PM
Will be praying

doc h fmf
04-27-11, 09:25 PM
godbless and they are all in my thoughts and prayers, I HAVE BEEN LUCKY SO FAR HERE IN FLORIDA. SO MAY GOD BLESS AND WATCH OVER HY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THOSE STATES

SEMPER FI

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

USNAviator
04-27-11, 09:42 PM
godbless and they are all in my thoughts and prayers, I HAVE BEEN LUCKY SO FAR HERE IN FLORIDA. SO MAY GOD BLESS AND WATCH OVER HY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THOSE STATES

SEMPER FI

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Amen Doc, lots of bad weather from Texas eastward. Stay safe down there in FL

michagnu
04-27-11, 09:58 PM
I realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with the Corps but I'm asking everyone to keep Alabama and the southern states in your thoughts and prayers. Since early this morning rough storms have been dropping tornados all over the place and the damage is severe, numerous casualties have been reported in Alabama alone. I just watched a tornado rip through Tuscaloosa and The University of Alabama campus heading for the football stadium. Numerous places here in Alabama alone have alot of damage from tornados and we're supposed to have more storms the rest of the night. So for anyone who will, keep Alabama and the south in your prayers and pray we all make in through the night without anymore damage or casualties. Semper Fi Marines:usmc:
It has everything to do with the Corps. The Corps is where Marines are. Stay safe.

bonedaddy0313
04-27-11, 11:18 PM
Prayers to those in need, because when it comes right down to it...we're all americans......stay strong.

BadAce2212
04-28-11, 03:52 AM
Holy cr$p, that was today???

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2936&pictureid=14479

Yes Sir. This is just a small part of Tuscaloosa, The entire state got hit pretty hard. I uploaded a few more pictures that I took to my album. Overall it was a devasting day but its the small things like asking people you've never met to simply pray for something that doesnt affect them that makes me love The Marine Corps alot more. Thank you everybody. Semper Fi :flag:

Sgt Jim
04-28-11, 06:48 AM
Prayers Outbound,been watching on tv and it is real bad!!

GodsAngel
04-28-11, 08:49 AM
Prayers Outbound

May God keep you safe....

Cpl Heglar
04-28-11, 09:14 AM
Prayers from NC. Hopefully it will fizzle out when passing over the Great Smokeys. I just went to Hunt Oil Refinery in Tuscaloosa and have alot of friends in your area. Stay Safe and may God be with you during this event.

Apache
04-28-11, 09:33 AM
Prayers outbound
As previously stated stay safe

foreverproud
04-28-11, 11:16 AM
Stay say. Prayers being said...

AAV Crewchief
04-28-11, 11:21 AM
Lots of places look like a B-52 strike was made. There is just nothing left.

BadAce2212
04-28-11, 12:10 PM
Thank all you guys so much. We woke up this morning to 135 confirmed fatalities..then it soon rose to 162 fatalities in Alabama alone..The damage is extensive and we have still have thousands without power and might not get power again till Friday am. A confirmed 35 tornados touched ground in Alabama and ripped this state a new one.

Rocky C
04-28-11, 12:18 PM
Prayers Outbound !!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

BadAce2212
04-28-11, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5ohIVzIZLuQ

This is one video of the Tuscaloosa tornado..Best one I found..For anyone who knows Alabama, you know how heated the rivalry is between Alabama and Auburn. Auburn has set up a relief fund and is sending volunteers to Tuscaloosa to help. It's amazing how everyone puts diffrences aside and says hey we're all in this together. We're all Alabamians..Its the same here on this forum, even though none have met me personally, alot dont mind to take 25 secs out of their day to say a quick prayer for a fellow Marine in harm's way..but hell what would Semper Fidelis mean if nobody cared. :iwo:

BadAce2212
04-28-11, 05:32 PM
Again from the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much. As of 1700 today, the death toll in Alabama alone exceeds 200. President Obama is coming through tomorrow to see a first hand account of the devestation. Also, I've uploaded a few more pictures of damages done.

BadAce2212
05-17-11, 06:20 PM
Thank you everybody for your support. We are rebuilding slow but steady. Gonna take awhile to get back to the norm. These tornados were said to probably be the strongest and most devastating on record, and the great state of Alabama alone set a record for number of touchdowns in a single day, and over the course of a month. Help has came from all over the countryand I am sincerely thankful just to have prayers from my brothers in the Marine Corps. Again thank you all and continue to pray for us and for quick rebuilding efforts. Semper Fi....Rocky

USNAviator
05-17-11, 06:26 PM
Thank you everybody for your support. We are rebuilding slow but steady. Gonna take awhile to get back to the norm. These tornados were said to probably be the strongest and most devastating on record, and the great state of Alabama alone set a record for number of touchdowns in a single day, and over the course of a month. Help has came from all over the countryand I am sincerely thankful just to have prayers from my brothers in the Marine Corps. Again thank you all and continue to pray for us and for quick rebuilding efforts. Semper Fi....Rocky

Rocky thanks for the update. Glad things are slowly but surely getting back to a level of normalcy. I know that powers crews from Texas and Virginai and I'm sure your closet neighbors pitched in to help y'all out. I hope there wasn't any price gouging but I guess that's human nature

Apache
05-17-11, 07:27 PM
Outbound
Stay safe

charm1110
05-17-11, 09:12 PM
prayers out for all in the southern area of the United States, especially those that have lost loved ones.

goingtousmc
05-17-11, 09:31 PM
Prayers, You got em!