PDA

View Full Version : The nation looks back-disaster averted.

greybeard
10-17-03, 12:02 AM
It's been a terrifying and anxious two weeks for a lot of people around the world, especially here in America. Disaster was at hand, and many folks blindly went on with their lives as if nothing unusual was happening-oblivious to the impending calamity. The very fabric of our lives hung in the balance, perhaps even the continued existance of this planet we call home was in jeopardy. But, in the end, as it always is and always will be, maturity, skill, courage and saneness took over. The sun will come up tomorrow morning, a little brighter even. The robins, ducks and geese start their long journey south for the winter, as have the monarch butterflys. We as nation are a much better people for the last minute turn of events and give thanks accordingly. Our children will go off to school tomorrow morning as usual, safe in their unknowing innocence. Like I said, it was close, but The Master knew our plight, reached out his hand to us & lifted us back on track. All is right in the world once more, and there is no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
The Cubs and the BoSox both choked like the wannabes they are and the Yankees & Marlins are going to the world series!! Whooo- I love this life of mine!!!

Barrio_rat
10-17-03, 01:16 AM
So, if "all is right in the world" we won't have to listen to any Cubs fans whining about how some guy catching a ball that ended their season (a game before the season for 'em ended) for another 85 years? Pleas say it's so!

It is amazing to me that one fan can set in motion a chain of events that would bring the demise to a great season. How it could never be because a pitcher threw balls that, apparently were easy to hit, or that players in the infield and outfield failed to catch any hit balls nor that those who were up to bat failed to hit the ball - blame the fans for your losses. No point in taking responsibility for your actions when you have a scapegoat!

greybeard
10-17-03, 11:16 AM
Would that be a billy scapegoat? :D