PDA

View Full Version : Missedmychance

Missedmychance
04-26-11, 03:35 AM
I would first like to thank the USMC for letting express my thoughts to you.

I come from a Army family, both my grandfathers, uncle and both brothers.

It was clear to me very early in life that I wanted to serve our God and Country, but I did not want to go the way of the Army.

Not taking from the brave and talented men and women of the Army, I just always believed the Marines are special.

I wanted to be apart of the GREATEST FIGHTING MACHINE in the world.:usmc:

When I graduated high school, the first thing I did was a trip to my local USMC recruiter and was excepted to have the chance to go to Paris Island.

I was ready to die for my country and God! Why not, God and Country did so much for me, it was the least I could do.

Upon arrival to Paris Island, I noticed I was getting dizzy a lot, visual problems, just did not feel right. After week two coming back from church I collapsed. I had a stroke, this day I don't know what caused it, Im not big on going to the Doctors, I figure I might get to heaven sooner. After going to sick call to my surprise I was diagnosed with a blood clot and PTSD.

PTSD? I had not yet been in combat. My senior DI took me into his office and me about my childhood, it was at that moment my life would never be the same. I had to come to terms that I was already in combat, with my father.

You see, my father abused me from a very early age. I was abused both mentally and physically.

My senior DI wanted me to stay but the Wizard would not have a recruit with PTSD at Paris Island in fear I would break down in battle and put myself and brothers at risk.

The longest bus ride of my life, I cried all the way home with my new bottles of medication.

My love for the USMC is real, my father took my chance to be something special.

I went to college and earned my degree, but it was not the same as my two weeks at a very special place.

Be proud and never take for granted what you guys and gurls have, your Marines.

I'm now 43 and I'm still HAUNTED by the sounds of marching cadence in my head and what could have been. well it's 3:24 am my old eyes are starting to close.

Thank You for giving me a forum, to express thoughts I have had for years.

And most of all. THANK YOU FOR THE BEST TWO WEEKS OF MY LIFE?

Semper Fi:flag:

advanced
04-26-11, 04:27 AM
As a Marine who 43 years ago was in what we call the deep **** in the Nam, I appreciate your support of our Marines.

I sincerely hope that you have handled your inner demons, and at least you took action on your desire to be a Marine, and you had a taste. S/F

Missedmychance
04-26-11, 04:37 AM
Thank you! Your reply made my night. Maybe it was ment to be, I guess God had other plans for me.

Semper Fi

Missedmychance
04-26-11, 08:25 AM
S/f

Lisa 23
04-26-11, 08:39 AM
sent a PM