PDA

View Full Version : Marine corps wives' education etc. and making it all work.

CRoberts
04-26-11, 12:30 AM
Hello all, I am a college senior who will be graduating in just a few short weeks. I am considering going officer in the Marine Corps. My girlfriend who I am very serious about, is only just beginning her college experience. One of the issues we discussed lately, is if I go into the Marines whether it will be possible or not for her to continue with her education. She does not want to just be a housewife, and I want to support her in her career plans. I'm hoping maybe some of you out there can help me figure the situation out. Are there any success stories from any of you, where your spouses have managed to simultaneously pursue their career paths, while you were in the Corps? Are there any programs available to help Marine Corps wives in their education? Is it possible for the two to be compatible? If so, how did you manage, what can you expect, and how did you make it all work?

Thank you all,

Respectfully,

Corey Roberts

03Mike
04-26-11, 08:21 AM
Corey - it depends upon the woman. Absolutely, if she is determined, it can work out. It also depends upon what she wants to do - some careers are more mobile than others. I knew several officer's wives who had successful careers as nurses, CPAs, selling real estate, as reporters, as outside sales, etc.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-29-11, 05:58 PM
Closed/deleted until a profile appears.