PDA

View Full Version : leading marines mci

misshojo
04-25-11, 06:57 PM
are they really giving lcpls a page 11 for not having that mci completed?

thewookie
04-25-11, 07:12 PM
are they really giving lcpls a page 11 for not having that mci completed?
That is your really your first post? Interesting, have you tried the spelling MCI? You should probably check both MCI's out. Who knows, you might learn something.

R Landry
04-25-11, 07:13 PM
It's been a while for me, but don't you have 12 months to complete and you get one chance for a 6-month extension (approved by your CO)?

Zulu 36
04-25-11, 07:18 PM
Why would one NOT want to take this MCI course to require an adverse Page 11?

misshojo
04-25-11, 07:20 PM
That is your really your first post? Interesting, have you tried the spelling MCI? You should probably check both MCI's out. Who knows, you might learn something.

Your sarcastic, smartass remarks aren't necessary, but thank you.

thediesel713
04-25-11, 07:20 PM

Needed a laugh.

thewookie
04-25-11, 07:22 PM
Your sarcastic, smartass remarks aren't necessary, but thank you.
How about stupid ones? Know your role.

REALLY, two months in the Corps,, too funny. Good luck, huney.

You'll go far....

R Landry
Having a few Page 11s in your SRB should not be too big of a deal -- like office hours, really. But a promotion board seeing a Page 11 for not doing training, that's likely to hold you back.

misshojo
Well I had a Marine demanding I grade his MCI today or else he was going to get a page 11. I want to know if he was telling the truth or if he just wanted his MCI done.

thewookie
04-25-11, 07:27 PM
Well I had a Marine demanding I grade his MCI today or else he was going to get a page 11. I want to know if he was telling the truth or if he just wanted his MCI done.

You are 2 months in the Corps,, really, what are you grading? Why don't you bring your question and your punk azz attitude to one of your NCO's. Now that I think of it, I think you are a troll -- who were your DI's -- I have a very good friend on the Island right now working as a SDI, so don't lie, cause I will check.

thediesel713
04-25-11, 07:28 PM
Since you grade MCI's, shouldn't you be aware of all applicable LCP's to your job? But like all LCP's it varies from unit to unit, so yes they can receive a page 11 for not completing it. They will certainly be non-req'd per the new MARADMIN.

Lisa 23
04-25-11, 07:29 PM
<DT class=shade>Where did you attend bootcamp? <DD>MCRD Parris Island <DT class=shade>What date did you graduate bootcamp? <DD>02/2011 <DT class=shade>What was your bootcamp platoon number? <DD>4004 <DT class=shade>Duty Stations <DD>miramar ca <DT class=shade>Year Entered Marine Corps <DD>2009 <DT class=shade>Year Exited Marine Corps <DD>Still in Service </DD>

Wow, you were in boot camp a very looooong time..........2009 until you graduated 2/2011....unless that's a typo.

thewookie
04-25-11, 07:31 PM
I noticed you just made some changes to your profile -- who do you think you are kidding.

thewookie
04-25-11, 07:32 PM
<DT class=shade>Where did you attend bootcamp? <DD>MCRD Parris Island <DT class=shade>What date did you graduate bootcamp? <DD>02/2011 <DT class=shade>What was your bootcamp platoon number? <DD>4004 <DT class=shade>Duty Stations <DD>miramar ca <DT class=shade>Year Entered Marine Corps <DD>2009 <DT class=shade>Year Exited Marine Corps <DD>Still in Service

Wow, you were in boot camp a very looooong time..........2009 until you graduated 2/2011....unless that's a typo.
Nice catch, excuse the pun,,, the profile is changing as we speak.

</DD>

Lisa 23
04-25-11, 07:33 PM
Nice cacth, excuse the pun,,, the profile is changing as we speak.

I noticed......

misshojo
04-25-11, 07:35 PM
OMG typo. I needed some simple guidance. Glad I got into a big dick competition. Thanks for the great mentorship. Trolls go nom nom nom.

SSgtRSD
04-25-11, 07:35 PM
It is not so much to punish the Marine, however per MCO all Marines must have the required PME completed in order to be eligible to promote to the next rank. If a Marine fails to complete said PME they will not be recommended for promotion. This is accomplished by the page 11. As said above, the Marines have a lot of time to complete one MCI. This is not asking to much. In fact, this becomes an NCO issue. First, the NCO, specifically his Cpl/team leader, should have already been on this Marine to ensure he is setting himself up for success. Secondly, NCOs should be guiding their Marines to complete seven MCIs in order to get the full 100 education points, and not just worried about the bare minimum.

thewookie
04-25-11, 07:36 PM
OMG typo. I needed some simple guidance. Glad I got into a big dick competition. Thanks for the great mentorship. Trolls go nom nom nom.

You got what you gave. A typ0 is much different than lying.

Good luck

misshojo
04-25-11, 07:37 PM
Thank you SSGT.

Chauncey122
04-25-11, 07:41 PM
I don't mean to interupt but in my research boot camp cannot be two years long, so there must be something wrong somewhere. But I'm new to all this.

joseywales
04-25-11, 07:44 PM
What other explanation could there be for a profile change right in the middle of a conversation?

thewookie
04-25-11, 07:45 PM
What other explanation could there be for a profile change right in the middle of a conversation?

Exactly, I'm willing to bet nothing on that profile is correct. I've seen it here time and time again. Look at the tags, tells you a lot. Is this about the lcpl underground, or a poser/clown/troll from TL.

Marine1011
04-25-11, 07:45 PM
Usual to be a private after 2 years in?

Chauncey122
04-25-11, 07:49 PM
again, kind of new here, and saw the tag lines, does anyone know what lcpl underground is, is that doing your mos in a bunker

Lisa 23
04-25-11, 07:53 PM
Chauncey122, you're posting in the wrong forum. You may want to take your questions to the Ask A Marine forum, where wannabes belong.

Open Squad Bay Exchange ideas and thoughts with your Band of Brothers.

weapons124
04-25-11, 10:22 PM
you grade mci's huh? Thats strange because any mci's that are paper tests are proctored by your S3 and then sent in, not graded by YOU.

2nd thing is leading Marines is a Marine net course. It is no longer a paper test and hasnt been for a while.

Leading Marines IS a requirement for all E3's in order to pick up Cpl, along with any annual courses and mos road map work.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-26-11, 12:05 AM
Sigh. I grow weary.

Here is a SIMPLE solution to what started this issue....your first post on a website...ANY website...shouldn't be snarky, filled with poor spelling, bad grammar, and other nonsense. At least, on any website where you are trying to find out information, asking for help, or anything else. Furthermore, not doing a profile, lying on a profile, or having poor attention to detail on a profile...is sure to get you tossed, dogpiled, banned or deleted.

*Can* you get a Page 11 for not doing the MCI? Yeah. Hey, you *can* get Page 11's for ANYthing. Good OR bad. I had a colorful career and have about 8 'adverse' Page 11's. And 3 "good" ones.

Is it a requirement to get promoted? If it isn't, it should be. Back in 'the day' I would 'Non Rec' any of my LCpls who didn't have it. Not doing it in a timely manner shows that you really don't feel like doing what the Marine Corps wants you to.

I, too, thought MCI's were graded elsewhere, (8th and I at MCI HQ, used to be).

Lastly, if you want respect, you earn it. It just doesn't show up because of your mere presence.

advanced
04-26-11, 05:12 AM
Glad I got into a big dick competition.

Are you participating or judging or just enjoying?

weapons124
04-26-11, 07:25 AM
Lep,

Don't know where u got your info but leading Marines IS Required to pick up e4. You will not pick up without it.

Tennessee Top
04-26-11, 10:47 AM
Never heard of Marines grading MCI's but been out for awhile and things change. Struck me as strange. Have heard of someone doing a MCI for someone else.

Cpl Heglar
04-26-11, 10:58 AM
Hey when did they add a 4th battalion at PI?

<DT class=shade>What was your bootcamp platoon number? <DD>4004 </DD>

dhuntington
04-26-11, 11:01 AM
A Looooong time ago. He must be a she.

drillinstructor
04-26-11, 11:09 AM
MARADMIN 640/10 explains the Leading Marines MCI Here is an excerpt
A. THE NEW LEADING MARINES DEP WILL BE AVAILABLE ON MARINENET NLT 1 JANUARY 2011. LANCE CORPORALS WHO COMPLETE THE LEADING MARINES DEP ON MARINENET WILL BE CONSIDERED PME COMPLETE FOR GRADE.
B. EFFECTIVE 1 JULY 2011, THE CURRENT LEADING MARINES MCI (MCI 0037) WILL BE DISCONTINUED. MARINES WHO ARE ENROLLED IN THE LEADING MARINES MCI MUST COMPLETE THE MCI BY 31 DECEMBER 2011 OR THEY WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISENROLLED. LANCE CORPORALS THAT COMPLETE THE LEADING MARINES MCI PRIOR TO 1 JANUARY 2012 WILL BE CONSIDERED PME COMPLETE FOR GRADE.

The Command UVR is how we do MCI’s in today’s Corps. An E-8 or above or a Captain or above can assign Marines to proctor or grade MCI’s once they are complete. The days of snail mailing MCI’s are over. Most books are PDF.
Bottom line, Yes LCpl’s must complete the Marine Net course to be promoted to Cpl which is all explained in the MARADMIN.
DI

Sgt Leprechaun
04-29-11, 05:53 PM
Thanks MSgt. I should have said, it *was* a requirement to get promoted to Cpl way back when.

I'd say this is the final word on the topic. Closed.