PDA

View Full Version : Graduated Bootcamp!!

ScarSniper
04-24-11, 02:26 AM
After six months on Parris Island due to a stress fracture in my left tibia, I graduated from 1st Battalion, Alpha Company, platoon 1030. I can't describe the euphoria, it feels incredible. Every moment on the quarterdeck (I was the guide, I got slayed on a consistant front) every hump, every down-up-jump, those limbo months in MRP, it was all worth it. These six months challenged my mental endurance in ways no other aspects of life ever has before. It was the hardest experIence I've ever encountered and it's changed my life completely. But now what? The civilian world seems so different to me and everything seems to be moving in marktime and I don't know what to do with myself. The freedom feels incredible but like Scarface said, 'Is this it?' the world hasn't passed me on, and I feel as if I've moved beyond it. People walk so slow and have no mannerisms whatsoever..maybe it's just me. The Eagle , Globe, and Anchor is worth every ounce of blood from my body and in humbled to be a part of this brotherhood now. Oh, and another thing. I've noticed a quietness about myself since I've been back. Quiet on the outside but inside I feel INVINCIBLE!

My Senior Drill Instructor was Ssgt Cook. He's changed my life completely. Heavy hat was Sgt Diaz. The most professional person I've ever encountered in my life. My knowledge hat was Sgt Allen. He knew how to make you scream blood and see demons and in the end you could see the love he had for us. My kill hats were Sgt Stone and Sgt McDonald and they Destroyed our bodies while hardening our minds. I appreciate them and will live my life through the example they set for me through their sweat and my blood. Oorah!

NCdad
04-24-11, 07:03 AM
Congratulations Marine. You make us all proud!!!

gkmoz
04-24-11, 07:20 AM
Congratulations Marine ! Way to stick it out ! Moz USMC 68-70 :flag:

wildwoman73
04-24-11, 07:50 AM
Congratulations!! How many times have you woke up and jumped to the end of your rack to see if your rifle was secure??

Very proud and wonderful reading about your experience. Reminded me what it was like when I went on my first leave post boot camp.

hbharrison
04-24-11, 08:38 AM
Congrats Marine !!!

Lisa 23
04-24-11, 09:12 AM
That's a long time to be at MCRDPI, but glad you had the determination and will, and that everything worked out for you!
Congrats on becoming a United States Marine :usmc:.....and welcome to the Marine Corps family!
Enjoy your leave home with family & friends.

Semper Fi Marine! :iwo:

Pinstriper
04-24-11, 11:24 AM
Congratulations on becoming a Marine. Good to see the fortitude you had to stick it out and graduate.

Rocky C
04-24-11, 12:06 PM
Congrats Marine !!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Tennessee Top
04-24-11, 12:29 PM
Very inspirational! Congratulations!!

Many pooleess visit here looking for advice/inspiration (some even aspire to be guide/honorman). You could be a great resource for those future recruits.

Let us know what duty station you end up at.

Rough Hands
06-08-11, 11:35 PM
About time, Scar. I remember we shipped around the same time, and we used to tear the Poolee forum up! Congrats.

You made it.

:flag:

Caesar Augustus
06-09-11, 12:39 AM
Congrats. Now the fleet awaits you and the real fun begins.

Teeters
06-09-11, 07:52 PM
Congratulations Marine! You are now part of the best fighting force in the world!