PDA

View Full Version : MCMAP Brown Belt

ohio3018
04-22-11, 08:53 PM
Hello fellow Marines, I am currently a green belt going for my brown belt next week and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find videos or thorough written explanations of the moves on the brown belt syllabus. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

AjC
04-22-11, 10:25 PM
Here you go, LCpl: http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/mace/New%20MAIT%20Resources/BROWN/Brown%20Belt%20MAIT.htm

Tennessee Top
04-22-11, 11:41 PM
Good luck and let us know how you do.

HOWARDROARK3043
05-01-11, 02:52 PM
they actual videos of the moves are floating around,,,,,, if you want every move from tan to black the moves are on Marinenet. LCpl going for brown belt....... hmmmmmm --- just saying,,,,, so are you going to walk around with your blouse off all the time

nrml1
05-01-11, 04:22 PM
Must be nice to have that kind of time :\ - not hating, just saying. I don't even think I'm qualified to talk, being a Lcpl holding a green belt used to be unheard of from what I hear and I got mine as soon as I hit the fleet.

jv1244
05-01-11, 04:53 PM
There's no more rank restrictions on the belts? That's awesome. I thought it used to be to go for green you had to be a sgt+

nrml1
05-01-11, 05:03 PM
There's no more rank restrictions on the belts? That's awesome. I thought it used to be to go for green you had to be a sgt+

Yep, that's how I was told it was before I came on, Corporal. A lot of Marines are coming out with Grey belts out of their schools before they hit the fleet, I wasn't _that_ lucky though...

AjC
05-01-11, 11:14 PM

I know a number of LCpl's, even PFC's, that left School with me that had their Green. I also know a few Cpl's down here that have their Brown belt. I think that if there ever were restrictions, they're far gone now.

baby gorilla
05-02-11, 07:11 PM
Go on MarineNet, search MCMAP and enroll in the course, it will give you a demo on all techniques for every level.