PDA

View Full Version : Reserve Cutting Score's?

DevilDizzle
04-21-11, 03:29 PM
Hey Gents - I've tried searching this topic for about the last hour, but to no avail. Can anyone tell me where I can find Reserve cutting scores? More specifically the 1100 field (1171 MOS). I've been in for 3 years now and am still not quite sure how promotions work in the reserves. I've been a Lance over 2 years now, and have never had anything but a first class PFT/CFT, expert Riflemen, and a 4.6/4.6. I've maxed out education points and am tired of being a Lance, what gives? Thanks in advance for good answers to a boot question.

TheReservist
04-21-11, 03:37 PM
https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal/page/portal/M_RA_HOME/MM/PR/MMPR2/MMPR2_SERGEANTS_BELOW/MMPR2_SERGEANTS_BELOW_Cutting

That's something your seniors should know... take some initiative there waterdog.

DevilDizzle
04-21-11, 03:42 PM
ah yes.. they SHOULD know, however the only answer I seem to get is: "I have no idea, they're slow." etc... there's only 2 NCO's in my unit for 1171.. they were both previously active duty and came to the unit Sgt.'s the manpower link only shows the 1100 field up until 2004 or for the 1169 (utilities chief).

SSgtRSD
04-21-11, 04:24 PM
I had this problem at my unit. I transferred to the SMCR after four years on active duty. I was shocked to find Marines unaware of both their composite scores and the recent cutting scores. Heck, most of the time when I asked them what thru composite score was they had no idea what I was talking about. I ended up giving a full class on it to all my Marines. On active duty everyone is checking their scores looking to pick up. I guess a lot of reservists aren't concerned as they only do it once a month. However, back on subject. As The Reservist pointed out, that is the link to find cutting scores. The reserves promote NCOs by occ field and quarterly not by full mos and monthly as on active duty. Secondly, that page is broken down by date or occ field search options. Use the top option, date, to pull up the cutting scores for specific quarters. I was able to view the 1100's most recent score for April. The bottom option is good for viewing score trends over time.

ZSKI
04-22-11, 11:59 AM
SSgt its because the scores are ludicrously high. Honestly in some MOS you can be **** hot and unless they put a package in for you, you will stay a lance for all 6 years

DevilDizzle
04-22-11, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the help... 1742 is quite a score. I've been talked to several times about meritorious but you all know how fast (or slow I should say) things work in the Corps, especially the reserve side. Another question if anyone knows. Say a reservist activates for deployment, will that make him fall under active cutting scores?

SSgtRSD
04-22-11, 03:49 PM
Yes, I believe you compete under the active duty scores if activated. However, if you want to be sure check the enlisted promotions manual. As that is the final word on this matter.

TheReservist
04-22-11, 08:17 PM
When you get activated your still under the reserve cutting score... just remember to add 21 points to your score ever quarter for tig/tis

YourPhoneIsMine
04-23-11, 01:43 AM
ah yes.. they SHOULD know, however the only answer I seem to get is: "I have no idea, they're slow." etc... there's only 2 NCO's in my unit for 1171.. they were both previously active duty and came to the unit Sgt.'s the manpower link only shows the 1100 field up until 2004 or for the 1169 (utilities chief).

say what

OCC FIELD Score
01 1781
02 1553
03 1703
04 1750
05 1462
06 1645
08 1617
11 1742

what are you clicking to get 2004 scores?

also, MCO P1400.32D is the enlisted promotion manual. every single thing you need to know about getting promotions is in there.