PDA

View Full Version : Mock Boot Camp

Buhler
04-18-11, 10:28 PM
My RS as well as a few other stations (I think) are going to have a mock boot camp next weekend where we stay out somewhere for 2 days with the recruiters and some DIs. I was wondering if anybody else has done something like this and what you thought of it?

IHaveEGA843
04-19-11, 05:39 AM
Never heard of it but if I could do it I would, I would find it very beneficial to even have this "trail run" of Recruit Training.

Any experience will give you a shoe in when you do ship

MunkyVsRobot
04-19-11, 05:58 AM
Heard of it but haven't seen or done it yet.

Derreck
04-19-11, 04:19 PM
That would be awesome good luck!

Honcho1010
04-19-11, 06:23 PM
Sounds interesting. I wouldnt mind doing it at all. Still, it would be pretty hard to get in the mind set that it is all real and matters..

IHaveEGA843
04-20-11, 05:35 AM
^^^^My mind would be on not being the one to **** up and be IT'd for it. Thats my whole mission

PooleeBogenrief
04-20-11, 10:00 AM
Same here, im going to Minnesota for mini boot camp on the 6th

MunkyVsRobot
04-20-11, 04:41 PM
So I am going to find out what a Mock Boot Camp is like too. I get to have one on May 20th and 21st so I just found out.

Derreck
04-20-11, 06:16 PM
No mock here I'm getting the real deal May 9th!

holey336
04-20-11, 07:58 PM
thats sounds awesome, up here in brooklyn they never do stuff like this, or let us handle/ break down weapons, or go to simulated firing ranges or go to parks and run hill courses or play basketball/soccer /ect. we only do pt in the office and run to the park and around it, one time we did pt in the dirt at the park but i always here other RSS's doing so much other stuff

Derreck
04-20-11, 09:01 PM
We hit parks and run obstacle courses they make up.. We even do battles like one time we re did the battle of guadal canal on a construction site with big dirt hills etc. Which we had to evac our wounded and dead like 2miles lol but it's mostly hard pt drills and long runs. We work hard but have fun scenarios during pool functions

ZoooMie
04-22-11, 12:00 PM
Same here, im going to Minnesota for mini boot camp on the 6th

Ill be there to, i was also there last year as a guest, now im a poolee and a squad leader so pretty pumped for it. But im more pumped for Real Boot Camp, 20110620!

robbyj
04-22-11, 01:24 PM
I checked the board at my RS and we have one scheduled in a couple months, I think they're doing thess to thin the herd.

MunkyVsRobot
04-22-11, 05:19 PM
If anyone has done this or has found out anything else about the Mock Boot let us know :)

Buhler
04-23-11, 01:40 PM
i'll tell you guys more about it when i get back next weekend, so far the recruiters are keeping it pretty hush hush. What I do know however is that there's gonna be a series of competitions and stuff against other RS's. It seems like mostly PT related stuff, like each station gets a group together for each event and they have to compete for max pullups/pushups and the best combined time on the 3mile run. There's also a knowledge event, but i'm not sure how thats going to work.

DudefromDiego
04-23-11, 05:01 PM
Sounds neato. We had a field meet in Camp Pendleton last weekend. We got third place out of all the RSS's that were there (RSS Clairemont! Zoot!), got a mean sunburn which I still have lingering, and had 3 D.I's chew my azz out at once simply because they can. Don't even get me started on the MRE's. Still fun nonetheless, so I think your boot camp thingy will be vaguely similar to our field meet, just longer.

Buhler
05-01-11, 01:37 PM
I got back from the mock boot camp last night, and I gotta tell you, it was sick. the first day, from the time we arrived to the time we went to bed we were in formation with our platoon doing close order drill with a DI (the other platoons were with other DI's doing other stuff, I didn't really get to see), PTing, basically getting a taste of what boot camp was gonna be like. At the end of the day we all slept on a concrete floor of some warehouse in sleeping bags with 2 people pulling 30 minute firewatches. On top of that, DI's were going around just ripping people apart for stuff like talking in their sleep, having their hair too long, looking at the DI's, not saying "good evening sir/ma'am/gentlemen" correctly, just anything they could possibly rip you a new one for. There was one kid who gave a DI attitude and had to do squats inside his sleeping bag while holding a full cooler at like 2:30 in the morning. The next day we got an MRE for breakfast, marched to the Army arsenal in Albany while shouting knowledge and cadence and stuff like that, and then competed against all the other RSS's in pullups, a relay run with the platoon guide-on, square pushups (which is like 4 poolees with each of their ankles on another poolee's back), fireman's carry, knowledge, and tug of war. After all the competitions were over, the winners got those warrior bags, and we got another MRE.

That was pretty much it lol, I left out a lot of details, but if you wanna know more or if you have one coming up feel free to ask and I'll fill you guys in lol. But overall it was an awesome experience and all the poolees at my station are really tight now because of it.

holey336
05-01-11, 04:38 PM
thats sounds really cool, im jealous, i dont think my RSS would've done that great on some of those competitions but still would've loved to do it, but i get to taste the real thing in about 30 days, i cant wait

MunkyVsRobot
05-01-11, 07:45 PM
Where did you guys end up going? Was it somewhere near the RSS?

Buhler
05-01-11, 08:36 PM
No it was about a 3-4 hour drive from our RSS, up near the actual recruiting station (not substation).

But there were some RSS's that didn't win any of the competitions and it didn't really matter, the whole point of the exercise was to get a taste of what boot camp would be like, and to develop a bond between all the poolees in your platoon.

Just an FYI, visitors were welcome there, and it seemed like a good way to get referrals. So if you have one in your area bring people!!

MunkyVsRobot
05-01-11, 08:39 PM
Any other information you can impart?

ChrrySkoal
05-02-11, 09:31 AM
My RSS is going to Springfield Mass. this Saturday comming up. Alls I was told theres going to be alot other RSS's going up and were going to be eating MRE's. Ill let you guys know next monday what it was.

Buhler
05-02-11, 03:20 PM
Yeah you get an MRE every 12 hours or so up there with about 5-6 hours of sleep. Two words that'll help you get through: speed and intensity. Everything you do has to be done w/ speed and intensity or else you're in for some special attention from the DI's.

Also when you go up, know your knowledge!! There were so many kids who knew absolutely none of the stuff in that little book they give you, and it was just sad. Just make sure you know all your general orders, JJDIDTIEBUCKLE and your rank structure cause you'll be reciting it alot.

It's not necessary, but also make sure you bring a small compact sleeping bag and a backpack cause it'll make marching a lot easier.

Last tip: MARK EVERYTHING!! And make sure you keep it all together whenever your platoon moves!! There were a lot of kids who had to steal other platoon's water bottles because htey had theirs stolen from them cause they didn't keep it with their gear.

Dave4751
05-02-11, 05:33 PM
I just got back from one of these as well, and all i could think through the whole thing was, "Wow, if he moved faster he wouldn't be running in place for half an hour." or "Wow, if he was louder, he wouldn't be doing planks right now" or "Ugh, we really should be alot louder so we don't keep having to get on our faces." Take home lesson? As said earlier, speed and intensity. Also, be confident, but not cocky, and DON'T LOOK THEM IN THE EYE. I only made that mistake once. hahaha

MunkyVsRobot
05-02-11, 05:45 PM
Do you have to be the Michael Phelps of PT while you are there? I know there are some people who arent that great at PT that still graduate but i am not the greatest at PT right now.

IHaveEGA843
05-02-11, 07:15 PM
^^^Bro, I known you have seen some of the Poolees there that look like they shouldn't even be trying but you know what, many of those same ones that dont have the look but have the heart graduate and at times take honor grad.

You WILL come out in shape. I stressed to my recruiter that I want to be able to complete 3 miles without walking. He told me ,"Dont worry......you WILL be able to do 3 or more miles once you complete boot camp. By the first time you run your PFT you will be able to do 3 miles so dont sweat it."

Really didn't boost my confidence but I'm sure he's right. Many Poolees have left and come back Marines that couldn't even do 3 proper pull ups. 1 guy got sent off who couldn't even finish the 1.5 WITHOUT walking portion of it. He hasn't been sent back so I assume all is well.

If you have the heart and push man you WILL graduate. Boot camp will get you in shape but its up to you to have the heart.

MunkyVsRobot
05-02-11, 07:26 PM
I hear you there, im sure im going to get raped but im guessing as long as I keep moving and keep fighting ill graduate.

With respect to the running I was reading in the Ask a Marine section they dont care if you walk during the IST at boot as long as you finish on time I hear they dont care if you walk the entire thing if you can walk 3 miles in 20 min. cant find the post but it was the one with the kid who had a club foot or something like that.

IHaveEGA843
05-02-11, 07:49 PM
You mean 3 miles in 28 min?

I call bs on walking at ANYTIME during the IST/PFT.

To tell you the truth unless you haul ass for the first mile and can do a 6 minute mile then you can walk the last part.

If I run and walk it in intervals I make it in 1430-1500. If they want you to sprint every damn where during boot then why would it be acceptable to walk during the IST/PFT.

Please dont go in thinking that or you will be IT'd until your ******* comes through your mouth.

Atleast shuffle your feet......It makes it LOOK like youre putting out when you're actually trying to get your breath back

Duncan03
05-03-11, 12:04 PM
Buhler, I was at the same event you were. RSS Poughkeepsie here. It was a greatg event and a good sample of boot camp. If you can't take the roughly 24 hours of bootcamp they give you at events like these, there is no way you can survive 3 months of it. So anyone who has a event like this coming up for there RS, keep in mind what I just said.

Rose47
05-08-11, 06:12 PM
A few weeks ago we had a mock boot camp in Albany. It was pretty cool but I'm sure its nothing close to the real deal.

robbyj
05-09-11, 12:03 AM
A few weeks ago we had a mock boot camp in Albany. It was pretty cool but I'm sure its nothing close to the real deal.

That's why it's called MOCK boot camp ;)

jeonpaolo
05-09-11, 12:31 AM
You guys are lucky.We dont do anything like that were we stay out for 2 days and stuff.
But then again my RSS is next to 4 Marine bases (Pendleton, MCRD San Diego, MCAS Miramar, 29 palms, etc) and right next to 2 recently closed Marine airbases lol. But unfortunately we havn't gone anywhere cool since december when we went to pendleton. our last pool function was a softball game lol.

Vince93
05-09-11, 05:21 AM
i just went to a one day bootcamp on saturday, it was awesome.
there were 4 di's there, we ran an obsticle course, ran an ist, learned MCMAP, learned about a few weapons and got to learn about a cobra.
It was my second year going to it and this year was alot better than last year, besides the sun burn

ChrrySkoal
05-09-11, 09:04 AM
besides the sun burn

Motvation and sunburn it was a great friggin' day! I think there was 4 DI's at the one I went to on Saturday not to sure, I know there was at least 2 cause I personally met them haha :evilgrin:

Dave4751
05-09-11, 02:19 PM

Hey i was at the same event! what rss are you from? Mines Albany

RBrouse
05-09-11, 07:59 PM
I saw this a little late and dont know if anybody else has already said they did this, But we just had one last weekend, I live in Minnesota, and we went to camp ripley which is a natioanl gaurd base. It was a three day event with RS's from all over MN and a couple other states a total of 600+ people I think. When we got there on friday and were met by the drill instructers and they IT'd the whole platoon and were yelling at us for about a half hour. I never got called out by the DIs but a bunch of the other kids did and it was really funny. I also herd a few kids from other platoons ****ed themselves. Basically the first day was just meeting the DIs then doing the IST then we got dinner which was MREs which were the only things we ate all weekend then after that we did drill and set up our cots then we went to bed we had fire watches too and mine was at like 0200 that kinda sucked but what ever.

We got woken up by the DIs at 0500 but our hootch could hear them coming so everyone was already awake and ready when the came in but one kid in the first hootch didn't wake up right away and they flipped his cot with him in it. right after that we got 5 min for hygiene and formed up got an MRE for breakfast then we got on a bus and they took us to the firing range and we had a class on assembling M4s and gun handling then we shot in a simulator and we also did a O course that was really fun but my platoon was the biggest there with 63 people so I didnt get to do them all. They bussed us back and we got an MRE for lunch then we practiced Drill a little more. We had a MCMAP class where they taught us a few punches and chokes. After that we had to run the CFT which consisted of a little run, we didnt do the 3 mile it would have taken to long I think we ran 1, we did an ammo can lift for 2 minutes then ran the course which just killed our legs, but right after we had our hour with the DIs and there they taught us drill and gave us a couple of minutes where we could informally ask them questions, again they didn't really IT us that much but they got on a few kids pretty hard. as soon as we were done we with the DIs we went to a class on nutrition and health then after that we went to a station where they had API which is a civilian strength and conditioning trainer group or what ever, they had us doing sprints and stuff then we did endurance with them and they also tough us ground combat like how to get someone off of you and then mount them, and how to do rolls correctly. after that we drilled some more and had MREs for dinner then an hour of free time before bed that is when everyone shaved and showered. we had fire watches again that night.

on sunday we got to sleep in to 0600 and our recruiters woke us up we had 5 minutes for hygiene and formed up. We took down our cots and cleaned our hootches and got in formation again, then all of the platoons there had a moto run which we were told was going to be 6 miles but only ended up being 1 mile. during that run as well a lot of kids fell out of the run but our platoon was the only one who had no one fall out and we also had to carry our water with us as well. there was one kid who fell out only after like 200 yards who was on the side of the rode with the DIs making him yell "I'm a quitter" over and over as we ran by I heard there was a video of it on youtube but I cant find it. To finish the weekend the got everyone together and handed out awards then we took a platoon picture and went home.

Over all the weekend was awesome even though I am exhausted I wish we did more or made it like a week long or something. But thats just me we were told that about 20 people quite including like 3 the first day! If you cant handle just a weekend how would you expect 13 weeks seriously. also I never thought I would get so mad at some one just for messing up on drill the kid in front of me was almost never in step and by the end of it I was just about to punch him for it. but I think it was a great learning experience and gut check for everyone there.

Rose47
05-09-11, 08:17 PM
Hey i was at the same event! what rss are you from? Mines Albany

RSS Adirondack

RBrouse
05-10-11, 07:45 PM
I just saw this article about the mock bot camp from last weekend

http://www.marines.mil/unit/mcrc/9mcd/Pages/SanDiegodrillinstructorssupplywarmwelcomeforMidwes tMarineapplicants.aspx

MunkyVsRobot
05-16-11, 05:22 PM
I get to go to mine this weekend hopefully I get a good taste of what I am in for.

IHaveEGA843
05-16-11, 05:28 PM
I'd like to hear MAJOR feed back Munky!

It'll be greatly appreciated!

MunkyVsRobot
05-16-11, 05:32 PM
Can do sir.

Buhler
05-16-11, 10:29 PM
RSS Adirondack

RSS peekskill here, dammmn more NY poolees than i thought lol.

MunkyVsRobot
05-22-11, 08:10 AM
Through out the whole event one person in the whole event quit. and it looked like his RSS ****ed him up. I saw him and his RSS leaving they were not the nicest of cats to him.

IHaveEGA843
05-22-11, 12:20 PM
Well any info?

Tmac73
05-22-11, 02:28 PM
Anyone attend the Mock Boot camp at Fort Devens? It was suppose to be in Strateford, NH but got moved. I was with RSS North Boston. It was a good time

Tmac73
05-22-11, 02:30 PM
Through out the whole event one person in the whole event quit. and it looked like his RSS ****ed him up. I saw him and his RSS leaving they were not the nicest of cats to him.

shoulda read ahead before asking if anyone else went that was on here. That kid was an idiot...took some big ones to do that with a Captain, 1st Lt, 3 Gunny's, a Sgt Maj and 2 DI's there

MunkyVsRobot
05-22-11, 02:44 PM
shoulda read ahead before asking if anyone else went that was on here. That kid was an idiot...took some big ones to do that with a Captain, 1st Lt, 3 Gunny's, a Sgt Maj and 2 DI's there

Yeah bro I was there at Ft. Devins that was awesome RSS Manchester.

ill copy and paste what I wrote on another forum as my explination.

It went like this.

We left Manch Vegas round 2 or so got to Ft. Devins at around 3 or 4 or somewhere round then I didnt have a watch or a phone, wasnt on the list of **** to bring so I left it at home. Our RSS hopped out of the vans then we got into a yellow school bus, filed into the rear with heads down. We drove prolly 500 Meters to a half mile (probably just around the building) and then the Drill Instructer got on the bus and gave us the speech as if we were already at Parris Island. They told us to get off the bus and onto the yellow footprints. (they had a like tarp with yellow footprints on it.) so we lined up on the foot prints and went through the whole Lock and Snap ditties and sounding off loud as if you were at RT. If you were not sounding off the DI would obviously get in your face and yell at you for not sounding off.

then we went off and got in formation and went to go get weighed in for the IST. We filed off to get our Tents (This was a field meet for RS Portsmouth which is I believe Maine NH and Mass) and our MRE's. After we went off to our bivouac site to set up our tents and set all that good stuff up.

All the RSS' got into formation in a field waiting for the Sgt Major to come and talk to us about the IST and how it was going to rotate and how it was going to be executed. The IST took probably 2 to 3 hours then we all got back into formation and we met the Drill Instructors again and went over knowledge, mainly it was cadences about rank structure calling it in cadence and sounding loud as if you were already at RT. After the DI's were finished we were introduced to the Commanding officer for RS Portsmouth the Major spoke to us about our decision and all that jazz. After his speech was over he asked if anyone there didnt want to be a Marine based on the first day and if they did go to the Centre of the horse shoe we were all lined up in. One kid actually got up and went into the Centre ( I think his RSS ****ed him up the rest of the weekend for that) surprised the hell out of me.

We got dismissed from that and headded back to our site and ate some MRE's and hung out I think at this point it was around 2100 or so. We ended up hanging around with the poolees in our RSS and we sat with our recruiters and they spoke with us about **** they did in the field and one of our recruiters who is an 03 read us some of the stuff in his patrol book like the ROE and all that good stuff. We hit our tents at about 2200, we all had like a half hour fire watch mine was at like 0100 or so then hit the racks again.

We were woken up at 0500 with the DI's screaming to break the tents and get our **** out of the tents and cleaning up our site. Some people did get ****ed with for not sounding off or moving obviously just like if you were at RT. Then it was Hygiene time and after that we ate breakfast which was the 2nd MRE we were issued. We all lined up again in formation for the SGT Major to address us and then we got the learning stuff under way. First we went and took a "test" on our knowledge, the Rank structure, the General Orders, and the meaning of the Acronym JJDIDTIEBICKLE. This "test" was with the Gunnery Sergeants and stuff not a difficult "test" not like it was a test really mainly a guage to see where you are at in the DEP.

After we headded over to the Drill Instructors to learn the proper way to drill. Stuff like proper Formation, how to properly stand at attention, how to properly face left and right, about Prepatory commands ETC.

After that we headded towards the weapons knowledge where we learned about the machine guns, the M16 Rifle, the M92 and the Humvees not a lot of knowledge but a brief overview of this stuff. Then there was some Q&A with the 03's that were there and people could go around and handle some of the stuff and shoot the **** with the Marines there about stuff.

Lastly after this last station there was the competition between the RSS' there were 14 stations there and the competition consisted od a number of events, events like Dizzy Izzy, Stretcher Relay, Ammo Can Relay, Water relay, Pull up contest, Humvee pull, Catapillar walk, and a tug of war there might have been more but i ono. after the final event we went and did our final pick up of our **** and threw it into our vans did a police of the area where were camped.

We all got back into formation and we were addressed by the Sgt Major again for a while and there was a Q&A with the Drill Instructors. They distributed the Trophies for the Top male and female IST and the Trophy for the RSS that took the most events in the meet. The Major addressed us one last time then we pretty much got the heck out of there. I believe we left there at like 1530 or so? All I know is I was home by 1730.

All in all I thought it was a bad ass weekend, helped me realize what I needed to work on (mainly just my PT) helped me realize how impatient i am with people sometimes. Example of that is a lot of the poolees in my RSS we were told to get into formation this one kid ran into me 4 ****ing times. Sure you are supposed to be fast but ****ing a you should be able to see when someone is in front of you and you should get the **** out of the way after the first time you ran into the person. It helped me realize how ****ing stupid a lot of the poolees were, like at RT we were supposed to give the greeting of the day to the Marines. Some of the poolees were walking by some of the poolees were walking by some Marines when we were going to brush our teeth and stuff they said good evening gentlemen at ****in 0600. During the Q&A session with the DI's they said specifically ask questions pertaining to RT since this is about YOU keep them pertaining to that. Some dumb ass stands up how did you become a drill instructor, he give the short snappy answer of I went to drill instructor school. Some people are just dumb.

But quite a Moto event before I hit this event I was going to be going to RT with the mentality that I did no want to be Guide or Squad Leader but this changed that. I dont think I am going to volunteer to be either because I'm sure ill get fired right away but it changed the way i thought about RT I was just going to play the safe route trying to skate under the radar and just be happy earning my Title and the EGA but I think I am going to push the envelope.

Anyone who couldnt take the day and a half of what we got I certainly hope drop before they hit MCRDPI because there is no way they will make it the 13 weeks at RT. My RSS the Drill Instructors were rarely in our faces screaming or ****ting all over us we were locked on. We did what we were told when we were told and as fast as we could. Obviously we ****ed some stuff over and the DI's ****ed with us a bit but nothing like what happened to some other poolees.

I just copied and pasted this word for word from my other post.

Tmac73
05-22-11, 02:48 PM
Yeah bro I was there at Ft. Devins that was awesome RSS Manchester.

Oh yeah I had a good time...beasted it on that humvee push, got our a** handed to us in tug of war and I got my best 1 1/2 mile on the IST ever with a 8:46 time

IHaveEGA843
05-22-11, 05:28 PM
Seems like a fun event

I finally went to a PT in MONTHS, ran about 1.5-2 miles then played football......

It was fun but wasn't a Mock Boot.

93Reaper
05-22-11, 05:54 PM
Oh yeah I had a good time...beasted it on that humvee push, got our a** handed to us in tug of war and I got my best 1 1/2 mile on the IST ever with a 8:46 time

Ft Devens was so much fun this weekend, I really want an M16 after the weapons section, i challenged one of our stations recruiters to a race on who could take it apart faster (done it before with a different recruiter, got smoked cus he was 03). Im from RSS Waltham and we also got our asses handed to us in everything but the stretcher relay and we should have won the pullup competition because we did 206 and the "winner" did 176.

I almost **** my pants for the kid that walked out when the "who doesn't want to be a marine anymore?" question was asked. My SNCOIC who was next to me at the time was like "if anyone walks out i will personally grab one of SAW's i was demonstrating with and beat him to death with the buttstock." I would have toughed it out for another day because that move made the recruiting station look bad, in front of the Sgt Major, the Captain, Major, and the female Gunny (cant think of her name but she is funny as hell) who coordinates he poolees and ****.

Tmac73
05-22-11, 06:15 PM
Ft Devens was so much fun this weekend, I really want an M16 after the weapons section, i challenged one of our stations recruiters to a race on who could take it apart faster (done it before with a different recruiter, got smoked cus he was 03). Im from RSS Waltham and we also got our asses handed to us in everything but the stretcher relay and we should have won the pullup competition because we did 206 and the "winner" did 176.

I almost **** my pants for the kid that walked out when the "who doesn't want to be a marine anymore?" question was asked. My SNCOIC who was next to me at the time was like "if anyone walks out i will personally grab one of SAW's i was demonstrating with and beat him to death with the buttstock." I would have toughed it out for another day because that move made the recruiting station look bad, in front of the Sgt Major, the Captain, Major, and the female Gunny (cant think of her name but she is funny as hell) who coordinates he poolees and ****.

Gunny Marshall...shes nice and very funny haha. But yeah that guy was a beast, was that the guy showing all the weapons to us?

93Reaper
05-22-11, 06:21 PM
Gunny Marshall...shes nice and very funny haha. But yeah that guy was a beast, was that the guy showing all the weapons to us?
Ssgt Webb, RSS Walthams sncoic was not the absolutely jacked guy but the other one in full Marine pt gear (track suit).

Tmac73
05-22-11, 06:25 PM
Ssgt Webb, RSS Walthams sncoic was not the absolutely jacked guy but the other one in full Marine pt gear (track suit).

Oh okay when I was over with my RSS North Boston, some jacked Marine in a skivvie shirt was showing the guns off. How bout that ACOG? haha :thumbup:

93Reaper
05-22-11, 06:32 PM
Oh okay when I was over with my RSS North Boston, some jacked Marine in a skivvie shirt was showing the guns off. How bout that ACOG? haha :thumbup:
****ing nice, but i preferred when it was on the m16. Im 6'5" so i got long ass arms and the m4 was just too small for my liking.

Tmac73
05-22-11, 06:43 PM
****ing nice, but i preferred when it was on the m16. Im 6'5" so i got long ass arms and the m4 was just too small for my liking.

Yeah you'd need a longer rifle I'd assume haha

MunkyVsRobot
05-22-11, 10:14 PM
Either of you 2 know which RSS that fool who walked off was from? Id hate to be him it looked like he was crapped on by his RSS when we were leaving the base.

I only spoke to the Gentlemen at the weapons thing about small talk I just really asked him if the AR-15 and the M16 were similar which I already knew but figured id shoot the **** with them about small things.

Tmac73
05-23-11, 05:51 AM
Either of you 2 know which RSS that fool who walked off was from? Id hate to be him it looked like he was crapped on by his RSS when we were leaving the base.

I only spoke to the Gentlemen at the weapons thing about small talk I just really asked him if the AR-15 and the M16 were similar which I already knew but figured id shoot the **** with them about small things.

All I know is I heard his recruiter say "go ahead, walk out there." So that recruiter was pi**ed off but nothing he could do the kid just simply didn't want to try and become a Marine. He got on the pull up bar and just sat there getting yelled at lol that kid has less motivation then a rock

93Reaper
05-23-11, 01:37 PM

I think he was from NH, i don't know what RSS though. We were all in formation from our states, if you were in the middle then that was Maine i think and the left (from Maine's pov) was MA and the right was NH. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's my guess.

Tmac73
05-23-11, 02:38 PM
I think he was from NH, i don't know what RSS though. We were all in formation from our states, if you were in the middle then that was Maine i think and the left (from Maine's pov) was MA and the right was NH. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's my guess.

Eh I was to the right of central Maine next to RSS plymouth and lawerance i'm not sure the order

SnowByThePound
05-26-11, 03:36 PM
All I know is I heard his recruiter say "go ahead, walk out there." So that recruiter was pi**ed off but nothing he could do the kid just simply didn't want to try and become a Marine. He got on the pull up bar and just sat there getting yelled at lol that kid has less motivation then a rock

God damn was that funny, yet suprising... We were also told if anyone gets up right now he'd f'ing beat us lol. I wonder if he had done any PT with his RSS prior to that? Not sure how you could manage to get all the way to ft devens then decide it wasn't for him? I've checked out tons of videos to try and see what it would be like and be prepared. That kids clearly going to make it far in life.

Non the less, was an awesome couple days for the experience and to learn some things. I keep getting asked wth i've been doing to get such a farmers tan and am proud to express it in full detail, can't wait to ship.

@Walthams 206 Pull ups. One of your recruiters said something to ours that you got over 200. Maybe a lot of them were not done properly(Dead hang) so your score was much lower than expected. Who knows.

Tmac73
05-26-11, 05:13 PM
I keep getting asked wth i've been doing to get such a farmers tan and am proud to express it in full detail, can't wait to ship.

I was at the beach today farmers tan is no longer :P

93Reaper
05-26-11, 05:33 PM
God damn was that funny, yet suprising... We were also told if anyone gets up right now he'd f'ing beat us lol. I wonder if he had done any PT with his RSS prior to that? Not sure how you could manage to get all the way to ft devens then decide it wasn't for him? I've checked out tons of videos to try and see what it would be like and be prepared. That kids clearly going to make it far in life.

Non the less, was an awesome couple days for the experience and to learn some things. I keep getting asked wth i've been doing to get such a farmers tan and am proud to express it in full detail, can't wait to ship.

@Walthams 206 Pull ups. One of your recruiters said something to ours that you got over 200. Maybe a lot of them were not done properly(Dead hang) so your score was much lower than expected. Who knows.

I get where your coming from but our counter (the big Black SSgt with the gold tooth at MEPS that's funny as hell) didn't count the bad pull-ups as we were going, like during the IST. He would be like 7, 7, 7, 8 for example.

MunkyVsRobot
05-26-11, 05:44 PM
I get where your coming from but our counter (the big Black SSgt with the gold tooth at MEPS that's funny as hell) didn't count the bad pull-ups as we were going, like during the IST. He would be like 7, 7, 7, 8 for example.

That is Ssgt Graham, Gunny Hazard was there too. Also remember he isnt black, there is no Black and White in the Marine Corps it is Green and Dark Green.

SnowByThePound
05-26-11, 07:34 PM

Ahh. Wasn't doubting it at all, was a busy day and the heat was beaming, suppose it just turned out to be an error we will never know the truth to. Not complaining here though.. it did help us in the end :thumbup:

We would have had you on the stretcher run(I think you pulled in first for that event) but the kid i swapped with sat the wrong way and had to turn around.. Funny how they stressed TWO things on that even: Feet foward, do not drop the stretcher, yet 3-4 RSS's messed it up..

MunkyVsRobot
05-26-11, 07:49 PM
I thought dizzy izzy was hilarious all but like 1 of our poolees yard saled all over the turf.

SnowByThePound
05-26-11, 08:00 PM
I thought dizzy izzy was hilarious all but like 1 of our poolees yard saled all over the turf.

Haha, our recruiters told us to roll after we spun but it didnt work for me.. i still fell 2 steps later. Cant say much about your poolee running so far off though.. can remember running about 3-4 lanes to the left trying so hard to get back into my lane but everything was so effed up.. It was like looking into one of the mirrors that are angled at the shoe store underneath the seats.. That event was noo fun to participate in!!

Tmac73
05-27-11, 05:44 AM
Haha, our recruiters told us to roll after we spun but it didnt work for me.. i still fell 2 steps later. Cant say much about your poolee running so far off though.. can remember running about 3-4 lanes to the left trying so hard to get back into my lane but everything was so effed up.. It was like looking into one of the mirrors that are angled at the shoe store underneath the seats.. That event was noo fun to participate in!!

are you from RSS North Boston?! haha one of our recruiters told us the same thing and it didnt work. We came in dead last, like everyone was walking away when we were finishing

SnowByThePound
05-27-11, 09:33 AM
are you from RSS North Boston?! haha one of our recruiters told us the same thing and it didnt work. We came in dead last, like everyone was walking away when we were finishing

RSS Brockton, the recruiters said it was cause we flipped wrong. The poolee that went first in our group did a flip instead of a roll and landed flat on his back haha. Im not sure what that event was supposed to relate to aside from being hilarious.

Tmac73
05-27-11, 05:54 PM
I wanted to do that competition. Football player, I run dizzy all the time during games :P

SnowByThePound
05-27-11, 11:43 PM
I wanted to do that competition. Football player, I run dizzy all the time during games :P

Care to elaborate on that a bit more?

Just wondering how it truly relates to combat per say.. or a stressful situation. I can understand having to turn frequently, but to have to spin in such motion so heavily(Timed) left me fairly disoriented. I felt focused yet, physically, my body just would not go to the desired location..

Tmac73
05-28-11, 07:23 AM
Well have you ever heard of the IED simulator? Rolling on the ground 15 times fast as you can getting up and running basically the same thing. theres technique to it I don't know the exact way but I can run straight even being very dizzy :P

93Reaper
05-28-11, 10:46 AM
Who was the Marine taking all the photos? He was at our RSS' last Pt at Ft Devens and those pics are on our RSS' facebook. Has anyone seen or heard if they are on the internet because i really want to see them.