04-17-11, 09:23 AM
A tornado hit Jacksonville last night about 8:30 P.M. on highway
24 I know that the Drifter does or used to live right there accoss
from Tarwawa Terrace It is about 5 miles from me but they don't
want people down their right now. If some one as a phone #
check to see if shes O.K.

doc h fmf
04-17-11, 09:46 AM
YEAH BRUCE I REMEMBER THOSE WIERD TORNADOS INTHE 80S one of my friends his mobile home was the only one hit in his park speaking aboutwierd huh.

SEMPER FI

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Bruce59
04-17-11, 10:03 AM
Damage severe at Holiday City Mobile Home Park

2011-04-17 08:41:25
http://images.onset.freedom.com/jdn/ljsrb8-ljsra0tornadodamage3.jpg (http://www.jdnews.com/news/severe-90189-damage-holiday.html?pic=1)
Valerie Isidor was getting ready for work Saturday night when, she said, something told her to turn on the radio.
"All I heard was a snap," said the resident of Holiday City Mobile Home Park.
Her home, which now has a limb through her bedroom wall, was one of many damaged by what is believed to be a tornado that tore through the park.
Park owners say 25 of the homes there are uninhabitable due to damage. However, they hadn't hear of any injuries to residents there. Because of deployments, they said, many of the homes were empty. They plan to have displaced residents resituated and settled in by tonight.
Onslow Memorial Hospital Spokesman Tim Strickland said the hospital treated 32 trauma patients. That number does not include an unknown number transported to or treated at other hospitals.
He said the number was lower than expected.
"There's a small number, possibly two or three, that I would regard as being in critical condition,"he said.
As of Sunday morning, Strickland said he was unaware of any fatalities due to the storm among patients brought to OMH.
In addition to treating the injured, Strickland said hospital staff fielded many phone calls from friends and family members checking to see if their loved ones were among the patients. They also had worried people stopping by for the same reason.

© Copyright 2011 Freedom Communications. All Rights Reserved.

josephd
04-17-11, 10:32 AM
I went out last night right after it went through and we got off lockdown in the barracks. I don't know the name or hwy number but whatever the road is that come right out from the main gate was all backed up from all the debris in the road. There was an area about 100 yards wide that you could tell the tornado came through.