PDA

View Full Version : Hey Poolee's here is some moto from me (and me bragging)

Andrew Jackson
04-17-11, 12:14 AM
This is me January 2010 prior to joining the DEP (the fatty with the beer not the girl).

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/21833_553059906852_50107002_32509132_7806654_n.jpg

I weighed 240 lbs, could not do a single pullup, could not run a mile, and sucked with crunches too.

This is me now:

http://pics.plentyoffish.com/dating/79/14/1llzbw55kd_129819095.jpg

80 lbs lighter and I'm now "perfectly fit to clean" or a PFC/E2 officially. Fat bodies you too can become a United States Marine! All that is required is a lot of dedication and hard work.

If any of you have ANY questions or need advice please message me and I will be more than willing to help you. I have spent a lot of time studying fitness/health and can help aim you towards the right path to figure things out. Please feel free to message me.

Andrew Jackson
04-17-11, 12:55 AM
Hey mods, my apologies I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Please move to the appropriate forum. Once again, my bad.

PooleeGewarges
04-17-11, 07:45 AM
Amazing! Very motivated to see that. Great job and hopefully everything goes well for you, which I see already did. :mad::flag::beer:

IHaveEGA843
04-18-11, 07:34 AM
Good stuff Marine!

I'm toning up now after losing weight and I love it! Seeing some type of abs forming is some motivating ****!

How old are you btw?

Andrew Jackson
04-18-11, 05:52 PM
Good stuff Marine!

I'm toning up now after losing weight and I love it! Seeing some type of abs forming is some motivating ****!

How old are you btw?

It is motivating indeed! I'm 26. I joined the party a bit late, but I'm glad I did.

Honcho1010
04-18-11, 06:17 PM
Never too late for the party man, the pull up bar is to your left and the DI's to your right. Good luck.

calebh180
04-18-11, 09:48 PM
That is badass man. I actually need to do the opposite which is gain weight. I was 116 when i signed up and now 133, my goal is 140 before i leave in june, I ship 3 days after you too :D

IHaveEGA843
04-19-11, 05:38 AM
It is motivating indeed! I'm 26. I joined the party a bit late, but I'm glad I did.

I'm joining with some age on myself so how does that go down while in boot? Get singled out due to age or anything?

I'd like to hear some feed back on that.

Lisa 23
04-19-11, 07:37 AM
Don't worry about age in boot camp. It'll only become an issue with your Drill Instructors if you make it one. Yeah, you may get called old man, gramps or pops, but you're all there to train to become United States Marines......focus on that!

Derreck
04-19-11, 06:25 PM
Super motivation thanks a ton!

IHaveEGA843
04-20-11, 05:38 AM
Don't worry about age in boot camp. It'll only become an issue with your Drill Instructors if you make it one. Yeah, you may get called old man, gramps or pops, but you're all there to train to become United States Marines......focus on that!

I totally understand that Miss but the name calling won't effect me at all, it really will just make me laugh really but I won't laugh out loud just to myself.

I just want to know how it was being one of the older guys in the Platoon. I know the DI expect you to put out 100% at all times but how does the competitive part play out. Just some stuff I had running through my head.

Lisa 23
04-20-11, 07:40 AM
I totally understand that Miss but the name calling won't effect me at all, it really will just make me laugh really but I won't laugh out loud just to myself.

I just want to know how it was being one of the older guys in the Platoon. I know the DI expect you to put out 100% at all times but how does the competitive part play out. Just some stuff I had running through my head.

Don't sweat the small stuff. There are more important things to worry about going through boot camp than worrying if your Drill Instructors are going to mess with you because you're a bit older than most recruits.
My nephew was 25 when he went through boot camp almost 2 years ago. He got treated the way every other recruit got treated, nothing different.
Just remember this, Drill Instructors like to play mind games with everyone, not just because you or someone else in your platoon may be a bit older than the average recruit. Pay attention to your Drill Instructors and do what you're told!

Andrew Jackson
04-24-11, 04:39 PM
I'm joining with some age on myself so how does that go down while in boot? Get singled out due to age or anything?

I'd like to hear some feed back on that.

Yup you'll get singled out for it, but everybody gets singled out for whatever qualities makes them a unique individual. Guess what though, your age is an advantage because you'll see through the mind games the DI's try to play. You see its just a game and it can't phase you.

IHaveEGA843
04-24-11, 05:32 PM
I can dig it.......Only problem I need to correct right now is finding humor in ****.

If there was a way I could seriously just my humor off I would.

Thanks Pvt/PFC Jackson, thats all I wanted to know.