PDA

View Full Version : Hmx-1

jungleman4422
04-15-11, 05:26 PM
So got accepted to HMX-1 after being with my current squadron for about a year and a half. Does anyone have any information about this squadron, I mean I have heard the talk from the recruiting party that goes around when they came to my unit. By the way I am a UH-1N crew chief picked up my duel qual working on CDI and a qualified tester its going to suck to learn a whole new aircraft. Learning the new aircraft is one of my main concerns so if you have info on how they teach you I'm all ears.
Thanks Marines.

USNAviator
04-15-11, 05:35 PM
So got accepted to HMX-1 after being with my current squadron for about a year and a half. Does anyone have any information about this squadron, I mean I have heard the talk from the recruiting party that goes around when they came to my unit. By the way I am a UH-1N crew chief picked up my duel qual working on CDI and a qualified tester its going to suck to learn a whole new aircraft. Learning the new aircraft is one of my main concerns so if you have info on how they teach you I'm all ears.
Thanks Marines.

If I'm not mistaken HMX-1 is the Presidential Squadron based in both Quantico and Anacostia. They are tasked with not only flying the POTUS but the VP and other dignitaries

hbharrison
04-15-11, 05:55 PM
You be correct Commander, HMX-1 (Nighthawks) is one of the oldest squadrons in the Marine Corps and is sole duty is to take care of the Potus and his peeples. Just remember one thing while there, DO NOT SCREW UP!!!! for if you do you will more than likly you never be working for any other squadron anywhere. Had a buddy got that duty back in 68 he said it was great but those who screwed up were lucky to get to clean toilets for the rest of the time in service.

All the best to you Marine !!!!!!!!

Wyoming
04-15-11, 08:46 PM
Son, you won the lottery.

PM me, and if you like, I can turn you on to a few of us older Marines, that were HMX.

... but ... like it was said earlier, KEEP YOUR NOSE CLEAN, AND DO NOT TWIST OFF, OR **** UP!!