PDA

View Full Version : Infantry vs. POGs...distinguish them?

Lupo22
04-14-11, 08:09 PM
I wanted to get some input from everyone...

I'm a grunt and I'm with grunts 99% of the time I'm at work. I know that for the most part, grunts feel like we should be able to distinguish ourselves somehow from Personnel Other than Grunt. I believe in the Army they distinguish themselves by their undershirt (black for grunts and tan for POGs) but I'm not sure...

Not meant to be condescending or a seperatist, just wanna see how the other side feels

Zulu 36
04-14-11, 08:15 PM
We're Marines. We already stand out from the rest.

doc h fmf
04-14-11, 08:54 PM
We Are Legends There Is Nothing Else To Say. Besides The Grunts Already Have A Distiction, Sgtmaj Chuz Recited It To Tom Highway "scruffy

Semper Fi My Brothers

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Mongoose
04-14-11, 09:09 PM
Were all in this together. With out grunts, their would be no one for support elements to support. With out support elements, grunts cant function.

Phantom Blooper
04-14-11, 09:55 PM
I went to boot camp and all I got was a lousey tee shirt........

I was a grunt and I didn't need distinction.

I knew my job and support new there job and we was even......

ALL came from the same maker......Marine Corps Recruit Depots....and became Marines.....we do not need to separate from ourselves....."A Marine Corps divided will not stand!"

Our dress blue uniform.....makes us distinct as Marines from other service branches.....nothing else is needed.

awbrown1462
04-14-11, 10:05 PM
in WWII we had the Raiders the powers that be said the Marines are already elite so did away with the Raiders and a Marine is a Marine that is why we have no unit patch or anything else on our uniforms

SlingerDun
04-14-11, 11:02 PM
..for the most part, grunts feel like we should be able to distinguish ourselves somehow from Personnel Other than Grunt....Huh? aren't you and the colleagues leaner, jaded, and more weathery looking than the average Marine one might see walking around Mainside:confused:

AlohaMarine
04-15-11, 02:05 AM
You can't tell already?

Here's how to distinguish grunts from POGs unless you haven't figured it out.

Is the Marine female? POG

Is the Marine from the inner city of a big New England or Southern California area? Probably POG

Is the Marine a minority? Probably a POG.

Is the Marine "Squared away"? Does he use terms like "devil dog" and "war hero" and "motivator"? If yes he is either a POG or a boot 03.

I assume any white, angry, bitter Marine with a decently long haircut that drops the F bomb once a sentence is a grunt....and I'm usually right.

Editted for clarities sake: Yes, obviously there are non-white grunts...at about the 5% rate. Compare that to IPAC, Cooks, Admin, etc and you get an almost 40% minority rate.

Kegler300
04-15-11, 04:02 AM
I've been both...why does it matter?

Tennessee Top
04-15-11, 04:06 AM
You are not in the Army. The Army feels a need to distinguish it's members by uniform items like scarves, calvary covers, unit patches, MOS pins, etc. The Navy also has ship and rate patches on their uniforms.

Our uniform identifies us as a Marine. Been that way for over 200 years...no need to change now.

If you see a Marine with a combat action ribbon, purple heart, etc., chances are he is a grunt.

crazymjb
04-15-11, 11:11 AM
I'd say I've seen just as many Motor-T guys with CARs as grunts recently.

That said, I think Aloha Marine said it best. We are definitely waaay less motarded.

Mike

DrZ
04-15-11, 11:32 AM
Damn.... you think the grunts need to be able to distinguish themselves from other Marines? Guess you need to get out and join the Army. You can have all the cutesy things you want then. Being a Marine is enough. We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Vandrel
04-15-11, 11:46 AM
This has been brought up before, even had a bit in MarineTimes. Frankly, once you get to the "salty" point of your career you'll finally see it doesn't F'n matter.

The majority of MOS's these days don't even deploy for their MOS, they get reassigned as provisional rifle units and deployed as Grunts, because...every Marine is a rifleman.

All my buddies came back from Afghan recenelty doing a 7 month run in country for 24/7 small FOB ops and foot patrols the entire deployment. Another friend of mine (Bulk fuel) just lost his MOS cause it was **** canned, he's now doing PRP stuff as well.

montana
04-15-11, 12:03 PM
back in 6970??? not sure they had this go around that Marine grunts be issied black barets to distingwish them frome other Marines...the desission then as it still is...all are Marines...all are potental grunts if the situation came to that...i was 0311 and have no problem with that...they all went threw the same bootcamp

MD8724
04-15-11, 12:18 PM
I would honestly care less if you had a way to distinguish yourself, as long as it doesn't cost the DoD any extra money, at all. We already ***** about our gear, then go and waste funds on stupid ****.

Also, for the slightly condecending remarks that some of you grunts decide to slide in while you attempt to make an argument about this topic....**** your mothers. The Marine Corps is going back to a lot of MEU's, which means Grunts are going from patrols to playing xbox and *****ing when the god damn internet is working.

If you want to be distinguished, fine. If you want to be a prick towards POGS, your only hurting your fellow grunts when I decide to delete their ****ing email inbox's because of your posts.

montana
04-15-11, 12:18 PM
just a little more added to my last post...in the early 70s guess they wernt sure if we would be pulled out or not because of the crap happenin back in the states
we wernt getting replasments got down to 15 man plt...we were goin was a little intimadating out in the bush...plt size ambushes patroles ect with no backup they was about to pull us out of the bush and try to regroup..but first asked for volintears on ross to come out to the bush and build up our numbers...we got quite a few pooges from all sorts of mos es....was like getting a bunch of boots for sure but they learnd fast as we all did...
be safe good people

charm1110
04-15-11, 01:13 PM
recently had a conversation about this with my oldest son. I don't see a need to distinguish any Marine from another, we are all one brotherhood regardless of mos, That iswhat distinguishes us from all other branches. No need to brag about being a particular type of Marine, the rest of the world understands that U.S. Marines are the top of the food chain.

montana
04-15-11, 01:58 PM
I would honestly care less if you had a way to distinguish yourself, as long as it doesn't cost the DoD any extra money, at all. We already ***** about our gear, then go and waste funds on stupid ****.

Also, for the slightly condecending remarks that some of you grunts decide to slide in while you attempt to make an argument about this topic....**** your mothers. The Marine Corps is going back to a lot of MEU's, which means Grunts are going from patrols to playing xbox and *****ing when the god damn internet is working.

If you want to be distinguished, fine. If you want to be a prick towards POGS, your only hurting your fellow grunts when I decide to delete their ****ing email inbox's because of your posts.

why dont you tell us how you realy feel

Vandrel
04-15-11, 01:59 PM
Grunts can have their little Grunt badges when I can have THIS

YAT YAS

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/vandrel/yatyas.jpg

Hell, I'll even take one with a crossed MK19 and M2 .50 cal, screw the rifles. I'll take a T/O CREW serv any day.

MD8724
04-15-11, 02:24 PM
why dont you tell us how you realy feel

I know right. It's been a long morning. Anyways, as long as it doesn't cost the DOD more money, go for it.

SlingerDun
04-15-11, 03:24 PM
... If you want to be a prick towards POGS, your only hurting your fellow grunts when I decide to delete their ****ing email inbox's because of your posts.Daaammnn that's huss. And how would you proceed in wielding these powers of extraction, Jimmy?
Hack any random grunt, throw darts at an AO map and delete an entire units mail, target an individual that tipped your drink over at the e-club....http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

kaelobo
04-15-11, 03:44 PM
WOW what the FuC* its matter, its all about balls, and you find that out way before you find out someones MOS. if someone covering you got a preference on there mos, another Marine be good enough,:iwo:

m14ed
04-15-11, 04:04 PM

I'm a grunt and I'm with grunts 99% of the time I'm at work. I know that for the most part, grunts feel like we should be able to distinguish ourselves somehow from Personnel Other than Grunt. I believe in the Army they distinguish themselves by their undershirt (black for grunts and tan for POGs) but I'm not sure...

Not meant to be condescending or a seperatist, just wanna see how the other side feels

IF you really wanted to be special.
You could get a dog,
Shave its ass,
and teach it to march backwards.

Carpshooter
04-15-11, 05:56 PM
:iwo:First off , patches have been wore in the Marines who served in the last two world wars ! Anyone here ever see the episodes of the HBO " Pacific " ? This was stopped after the 2nd WW .

Don't some of the pilots and aircrews wear wings and how about our recon Marines ?

How about the Croix de Guerre cord worn by some Marine regiments ?

I agree that we are all the same in the brotherhood of being Marines , but I'd like the idea of patches simular to those worn by our brothers as was done during the Second WW to show what Div. or Airwing a Marine belongs to and serve with in a combat zone , at least on dress uniforms . :flag:

Just my 2 cents !

hbharrison
04-15-11, 06:07 PM
Can't speek for only myself but in Nam when I got my truck blown out from under me I became a grunt real fast was not hard either just did it that is the way we were trained. We are Marines that is what counts nothing else.

Marine84
04-15-11, 06:09 PM
I assume any white, angry, bitter Marine with a decently long haircut that drops the F bomb once a sentence is a grunt....and I'm usually right.

This one could apply to me..................:angel:

TunTvrnWarrior
04-15-11, 06:30 PM
Let's all change our chevrons, so we can look like squids. While we are at it, let's remove the Eagle from the EGA if you are a ground pounder. Come on, this is a load of horse hockey. It is beyond prima donna into stupid.

HOWARDROARK3043
04-15-11, 06:31 PM
if you really wanted to be special you would go to A&S and then become a MARSOC Marine-----------i here that they get really cool boots,...........i once saw a marsoc Marine on stonebay walking a lion on a leash------------

03Mike
04-15-11, 08:14 PM
I know that for the most part, grunts feel like we should be able to distinguish ourselves somehow from Personnel Other than Grunt.

How do you tell a grunt from a pogue? Well, from my somewhat limited experience, I'd say "by the look in their eyes."

I guess I'm showing my age (and I always thought I was a "young one" here), but the way I was brought up in the Corps, it was "Pogue" not "POG" (or would that be POTG?)

A Pogue was also known as a REMF (don't know that one? look it up). It wasn't an MOS designation, it was a mindset - a way of life. I served with many 03XXs who we refered to as "pogues" - (remember spit shined jungle boots? rat "f"ing the chow before it was sent out to the companies?) and many non-03XXs who were definitely not "pogues" - hell, we had a chaplain who would physically kick any Marine's ass who called him a pogue (most highly decorated man in the battalion - lived quite the life before he received his call).

I guess all I have to say on this is if you, as a grunt, need a doo-dad on your uniform that makes you special - that makes you stand out - then maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities.

Wyoming
04-15-11, 09:21 PM
You are not in the Army. The Army feels a need to distinguish it's members by uniform items like scarves, calvary covers, unit patches, MOS pins, etc. The Navy also has ship and rate patches on their uniforms.

Our uniform identifies us as a Marine. Been that way for over 200 years...no need to change now.

If you see a Marine with a combat action ribbon, purple heart, etc., chances are he is a grunt.

Sorry Top, that ain't necessarily true. Lots of Wingers out there wear those little ribbons.

Quick question, is a 'Box Kicker' a grunt, a pogue, or REMF!!

Lupo22
04-15-11, 10:44 PM
[quote=03Mike;759069]
I guess I'm showing my age (and I always thought I was a "young one" here), but the way I was brought up in the Corps, it was "Pogue" not "POG"[quote]

Yea, I was taught the same thing, its just I changed it when I got sick of everyone trying to convince me its just "POG"....no one ever said grunts were smart lol

By the way, I didn't mean for this to be a flame war...it was just a question to get some input from the other side...

tracs1833
04-16-11, 01:25 AM
Grunts can have their little Grunt badges when I can have THIS

YAT YAS

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh258/vandrel/yatyas.jpg

Hell, I'll even take one with a crossed MK19 and M2 .50 cal, screw the rifles. I'll take a T/O CREW serv any day.
:thumbup: How about going back to the 'puking gator' sleeve patch worn in WWII? Actually, I have always thought that being a Marine was distinction enough and never saw the need for all the frills that doggies wear on their uniform. And if you think our uniforms are rather plain and undecorated today, you should have seen the old summer trops back in the 60's. H*ll, except for chevrons, we could pass for old boyscouts!

advanced
04-16-11, 06:24 AM
What was wrong from the old way of telling us apart. We all weighed 130-160, we had this distinctive red dust staining our skin and our cloths and we had this "look" in our eyes. Of course to us it was all normal. Most would tell you that we could be spotted a mile away from other Marines.

m14ed
04-16-11, 06:43 AM
Lupo

I didnt mean that as a personal attack with the earlier post of mine.
Trust me please when i tell you that some of us here were "Combat" veterans,
before combat veterans were cool.
"Vietnam" is my example

Most of us from my era returned home to a country that you could only read about in a history book if you could find one that told the truth. (riots , civil disturbances, and worse)Draft protesters & anti war rallys. We were outcasts of the american society. Called baby killers and scorned by the general american population , berated by the newspapers, radio, and television news.

There wasn't an EXCEPTION just for having been a POG or a GRUNT. No dispensations i guess you can say.

Marines are special to any of us who have served as one. I am proud to have
served as one, and to have served with others of the same title. You carry PRIDE
on the inside and not worry about what the outside world thinks.

P.S. lots of pog's other than grunt are with you everyday in the corps,, you may just have failed to notice them, Comm, Corpsmen,Engineers. FAC, Anglico, "just to name a few"
Good Night Chesty Puller where ever you are.

Semper Fidelis Marine, good health, god bless you and all my younger brothers who follow with the title of United States Marine

Carpshooter
04-16-11, 08:08 AM
Has anyone here ever thought that just maybe the Corps is too budget minded on things !:scared:

When I was in Nam , I had a bad habit of obtaining stuff with the five finger discount from my Army comrades who had about everything !

I had to do what a Marine , who lacked the latest stuff available had to do in the Marine tradition under the laws of supply ( the Army had it ) and demand ( we Marines needed it ) , under war time conditions using the improvise , adapt and overcome method . :iwo:

03Foxtrot
04-16-11, 08:33 AM
The Marines have always had the short end of the stick, when it comes to having the latest or the newest or even enough ammo for what weapon was most used. One of the reasons we pride ourselves on overcoming adversity and thinking outside the box. It is the intangibles that set us apart from others, the fierce pride in doing more with less and never quitting, no matter the odds against success. And as far as this talk about some kind of separate mark of distinction to identify Marine infantry, whoever or whenever this topic was brought up, I vote against it. All Marines know that you either fight the enemy directly or indirectly and the infantry has a special place among Marines for their place in this equation. There is no reason to change the tradition of letting our victories and our accomplishment of our missions against all enemies around the world, from doing all the talking necessary for what and who we are. Our mare presence or anticipated arrival is sometimes all that is needed to influence the situation and I feel there is no valid reason to determine a need to identify us differently from other Marine functions, by any kind of uniform change. The pride and honor that this Marine grunt has is more than enough for me and I require no other identifying device.
Semper Fi, Scott

SGT7477
04-16-11, 09:20 AM

Our SDI hated the army, he said when they were in their dress greens they looked like a fvckin bunch of Christmas trees, Semper Fidelis.:D

SGT7477
04-16-11, 09:21 AM
The Marines have always had the short end of the stick, when it comes to having the latest or the newest or even enough ammo for what weapon was most used. One of the reasons we pride ourselves on overcoming adversity and thinking outside the box. It is the intangibles that set us apart from others, the fierce pride in doing more with less and never quitting, no matter the odds against success. And as far as this talk about some kind of separate mark of distinction to identify Marine infantry, whoever or whenever this topic was brought up, I vote against it. All Marines know that you either fight the enemy directly or indirectly and the infantry has a special place among Marines for their place in this equation. There is no reason to change the tradition of letting our victories and our accomplishment of our missions against all enemies around the world, from doing all the talking necessary for what and who we are. Our mare presence or anticipated arrival is sometimes all that is needed to influence the situation and I feel there is no valid reason to determine a need to identify us differently from other Marine functions, by any kind of uniform change. The pride and honor that this Marine grunt has is more than enough for me and I require no other identifying device.
Semper Fi, Scott
Well put Brother,:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:, Semper Fidelis.

advanced
04-16-11, 09:22 AM
Our uniform is relatively plain. It says it all.
This change for the sake of change nonsense that we see all around us in civilian life, should never be part of the Corps. We need change when it is needed, but not just for kicks.

What if we make it "Change you can believe in."

MD8724
04-16-11, 11:50 AM
Daaammnn that's huss. And how would you proceed in wielding these powers of extraction, Jimmy?
Hack any random grunt, throw darts at an AO map and delete an entire units mail, target an individual that tipped your drink over at the e-club....http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Usually just the dicks. You get to know a lot of people over 7 months. Most everyone is cool, but a few of the "holier-than-thou" *******s seemed to have a hard time receiving email, be it grunt or pog. I never could find out why.

kaelobo
04-16-11, 12:12 PM
the people that were in the sh*t, you didnt think of mos, maybe iam wrong , we need to have grunt day,

Mike Sanford
04-16-11, 12:39 PM
I was a comm pogue,and did a little ducking,but nothing like the Grunts. That said,
I didn't get to shoot back but I sure did my share of backup,always waiting.......my chance of being in the "****",never happened. My Hat is off to all Grunts and all who did
their best to support them.

LandsNGrooves
04-16-11, 10:07 PM
This whole feel good "We are all Marines" stuff is PC bull****.

YourPhoneIsMine
04-16-11, 10:36 PM
This whole feel good "We are all Marines" stuff is PC bull****.
bull****, yes. PC, no

just like grunts wanting to feel special with their rank insignia is also bull****

HOWARDROARK3043
04-17-11, 07:34 AM
if a grunts are so special ---------why dont they put in a package and go to courthouse bay or stone bay and get some---------------

Mongoose
04-17-11, 08:41 AM
I fought with one of the best grunt units in the V.N. war. Any Marine that thinks a grunt unit stands alone, has never had it bad enough, to realize how much grunts need their support elements. When you think you are the one and all. I would say, you either have very limited combat experience. Or none at all.

advanced
04-17-11, 08:52 AM
Here come the 46's with more ammo. A great day to be alive, for a little longer anyway.

Question: How many Mos's did it take for those choppers to come in with that ammo and supplies? Where would we have been without them?

chulaivet1966
04-17-11, 10:12 AM
IMO....

No...I think it is silly to come up with another ribbon/badge/bumper sticker to 'distinguish' any MOS from another.
All Marines are O3's by default until assigned otherwise....let the other branches do it if they need to feel one MOS is more exalted than the other.
Current ribbons state well enough what one has done, where one has been, what one has endured regardless of MOS.

That's my take on it.

YourPhoneIsMine
04-17-11, 11:30 AM
lol I would hardly call all marines 03s by default

mct gives us a very basic understanding of combat but it does not make us anywhere near as qualified as an actual 0311. it's not even that extra month of SOI that makes the difference but the continued training in the fleet.

advanced
04-17-11, 11:32 AM

mct gives us a very basic understanding of combat but it does not make us anywhere near as qualified as an actual 0311. it's not even that extra month of SOI that makes the difference but the continued training in the fleet.

Thank you, thank you very much. (I used to live in Memphis).

chulaivet1966
04-17-11, 11:36 AM

Ok.......I should have stated 'riflemen' to be more specific.
Glad you got your 'lol'.

kaelobo
04-17-11, 01:50 PM
Right on Billy thats what i was trying to say,i seen and met some mean ass marines in nam. mos word never talk about , it was about covering someones back, you just had to shi* your self ones.or pis*YOUR SELF you dont even know your doing it , or brake out in a rash in the dark and there vc 5 ft away, iguess state side grunts really eat up the 0311 Marine, you ant **** till you been in the sh*t. any MOS,

R Landry
04-17-11, 03:34 PM
Even these guys need cooks & clerks.

Realizing it is my choice and my choice alone to be a Reconnaissance Marine, I accept all challenges involved with this profession. Forever shall I strive to maintain the tremendous reputation of those who went before me.
Exceeding beyond the limitations set down by others shall be my goal. Sacrificing personal comforts and dedicating myself to the completion of the reconnaissance mission shall be my life. Physical fitness, mental attitude, and high ethics—The title of Recon Marine is my honor.
Conquering all obstacles, both large and small, I shall never quit. To quit, to surrender, to give up is to fail. To be a Recon Marine is to surpass failure; To overcome, to adapt and to do whatever it takes to complete the mission.
On the battlefield, as in all areas of life, I shall stand tall above the competition. Through professional pride, integrity, and teamwork, I shall be the example for all Marines to emulate.
Never shall I forget the principles I accepted to become a Recon Marine. Honor, Perseverance, Spirit and Heart. A Recon Marine can speak without saying a word and achieve what others can only imagine.

FistFu68
04-17-11, 05:36 PM
:beer: :iwo: :beer:

LandsNGrooves
04-17-11, 09:11 PM
bull****, yes. PC, no

just like grunts wanting to feel special with their rank insignia is also bull****

Yeah,sure, I guess we should take away Recon's black watch caps and chest full of gold devices, and the Green Beret from SF guys, and the Budwieser from the SEALs, cause , you know, god forbid someone be recongnized for higher training and specialized skill.

doc h fmf
04-17-11, 09:33 PM

TOP I AM PROUD OF MY RATING BADGE THE NAVY CORPSMAN. WE HAVE THE HONOR AND PRIVILEGE TO SERVE THE MARINE CORPS FOR AS LONG AS THE CORPS WAS IN EXISTANCE<

SEMPER FI TOP

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

SSgtRSD
04-17-11, 09:35 PM
This thread is very interesting. This, being the Grunt vs POG stigma, is a very heated topic not only here, but among past, present, and probably future Marines. Rather than debated this topic further, I will pose a question. Why do you (a Marine Infantryman) want further distinguishment?

SlingerDun
04-17-11, 11:02 PM
Country Western dance and beer joints opened up all around the free world. The price of felt hats and cowboy boots got so expensive that people who needed them most had to save up - or negotiate a raise. A few years later gang banger rappers were seen on MTV wearing Carhartt, and the price of brown duck cotton spiked, but that's a different story.

So John Travolta forks a mechanical bull and now we got millions of neon dudes painted up for the weekend, and they're pretty easy to separate from the "real cowboys". Though sometimes these slicks are pretty good at hiding their hand, so maybe you talk with them for more sign, and that's usually enough. But then there's a few who look and talk the part so well that you need to see them perform in the "field". And that's really all that matters.

Then there are very few who don't look anywhere close to authentic, and don't have much to say, but they could be better than you

montana
04-17-11, 11:18 PM
well said slinger...it makes no differanse to me..was told to keep a low profile because we were not very well liked here in the world...so that is what i have done....hell half the people i know round these parts dont even know i was in the servis.....what the hell would some ribbon stare beenie or what ever do for me...it dont mean nothin...waste of life worryin bout it...i know what i did...makes no nevermind if someone thinks im a poge
grunt...back then i thought the grunt was at the lowe end of the line....if you wasnt smart enough to do anything else you were a grunt...go figure lmao

SgtMcCrory
04-18-11, 12:30 AM

sounds a little seperatist bro. you wanna be like the army maybe you should have joined the army.

jobs a job

YourPhoneIsMine
04-18-11, 01:26 AM
Yeah,sure, I guess we should take away Recon's black watch caps and chest full of gold devices, and the Green Beret from SF guys, and the Budwieser from the SEALs, cause , you know, god forbid someone be recongnized for higher training and specialized skill.

if you want to feel special that's on you

but graduating SOI does not qualify as "higher training and specialized skill". follow ons like jump school, dive school and whatever, sure. but special recognition just for being a grunt? lol, sure thing

hey, I'll make a deal with you. I will back you 100% on only grunts getting crossed rifles but all my new chevrons and sewing of my uniforms comes out of your pocket. gravy? :bunny: doesn't really matter to me but I'm not going to inconvenience myself because a small handful of 03s don't get enough hugs

edit: RAH

http://i.imgur.com/VIowz.gif

TUN TAVERN AA CUNNINGHAM SEMPER DEVIL HUNDEN

Quinbo
04-18-11, 03:33 AM
My last two years in the Corps I spent behind a desk and it was a relief.

CplKJSpevak
04-18-11, 04:42 AM
Last Marines funeral I was at was a POG KIA, A Buddy of mine (retired CWO4) nearly got his leg blown off in a rocket attack in Iraq (purple heart). This whole debate is retarded.

manilalaguna29
04-18-11, 05:38 AM
You have been in the Marine what, not even two years. I doubt seriously that you know a lot about combat. I was a supply pog, I earned a CAR and I never heard the expression pog or remf in combat. Please feel free to kiss my ass.

iamspartacus
04-18-11, 11:04 AM
Q. How do you know if a Marine is a grunt?
A. He'll tell you.

...then he'll get on leatherneck.com and post a topic about how grunts should be segregated from all the un-pure Marines.

DevilDog8604
04-18-11, 11:49 AM
Really? I understand the destiction and why they want it. I am a "POG" as Grunts would call it, BUT I have more time behind M2 .50cal, MK19, M249 SAW and 240B then most of the grunts I know from Pendleton, Hawaii and Japan. I've been to Iraq twice, done security patrols, foot patrols, security convoys, logistic convoys. My recruiter WHO WAS a YATYAS Marine, I'm a GRUNT on WHEELS! I have the up-most respect for infantry man that EARN their Cockiness and have gotten blown up and shot at like myself. We are ALL Marines, we all support eachother and we are all fighting together. GRUNTS are not the BACK BONE of the Marine Corps, CPL's and SGT's are. Withouth them JR's wouldnt know what to do or how to train. There for that is the only distinguishment that was needed. The blood Stripe and SNCO rockers! thats my $.02 :D

03Mike
04-18-11, 05:41 PM
Rather than debated this topic further, I will pose a question. Why do you (a Marine Infantryman) want further distinguishment?

Speaking only for myself, with 20 years as an infantryman - to answer your question "Why do you (a Marine Infantryman) want further distinguishment?"

I don't.

I think the whole argument is pretty immature.

We all wear the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on our uniforms to distinguish us as different. We don't need a special patch, badge, device, or beret.

Before any grunts get on here and say they "deserve" special recognition, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Since when in the Marine Corps has it been about what you deserve?

2. Grunts are the tip of the spear and do the bulk of the fighting, and therefore should be distinguished -- well, when was the last time you sat through an enemy artillery barrage? When was the last time you hunkered down under an enemy air strike? (There are a few Marines on LN that can tell you what it was like.)Why do you think that is? Without the cannon-cockers or air wing, how long do you think it would take for that stuff to re-emerge if we didn't have the capability to put that threat down?

Sure, being a grunt sucks - and it's the kind of suckage that makes us proud of who and what we are. Not everyone can be an infantryman, and not everyone wants to be one. That alone should be enough.

Kegler300
04-18-11, 05:58 PM
After 20 years as a grunt, your back and knees must be shot!

Quinbo
04-18-11, 06:06 PM
I went through squad leaders school ... of all things there was a clerk in the class. He had worn out 3 full issues of charlies but still had his boot issue cammies. Had no freakin idea how to pack a pack or even how to carry one. Never rode a helo or an am-trac. Also the unit he was with had a waiver for NBC qual, Rifle qual and Swim qual. Nuff said

devilbones2
04-18-11, 06:07 PM
Why would you want special recognition for being in an 03 MOS? In the Marine Corps additional achievements are recognized by having a skill that separates you above others. Not to be condescending but an 03 requires the lowest line score that an MOS in the Marine Corps has to offer. Dont think that I believe only the lowest scoring Marines join the infantry, but that is the only requirement. Has anyone ever failed ITB and been sent to another MOS? I think this feeling of being recognized is only shared by a few members of the 03 community. When I was walking around with an HK-416 in civvies most of the 03 guys wanted to know who I was. Just from pogs prospective though.

Vandrel
04-18-11, 11:38 PM
When I was walking around with an HK-416 in civvies most of the 03 guys wanted to know who I was. Just from pogs prospective though.

Enough said right there

MD8724
04-19-11, 10:38 AM
I went through squad leaders school ... of all things there was a clerk in the class. He had worn out 3 full issues of charlies but still had his boot issue cammies. Had no freakin idea how to pack a pack or even how to carry one. Never rode a helo or an am-trac. Also the unit he was with had a waiver for NBC qual, Rifle qual and Swim qual. Nuff said

I have ridden in a trac, helo, etc. I've done all of those quals in my POG unit, because I had waivers when I was with 1/4. I also have several pairs of cammies.

:)

FistFu68
04-19-11, 10:52 AM
:evilgrin: Remington Raider Hey how many Marines@ Devil Doc's got Wasted so that U could Sport that PUC on Ur Chest Marine? :confused: :iwo:

Quinbo
04-19-11, 11:07 AM
I guess this discussion has disolved into a every Marine is an 0311 discussion.

MD8724
04-19-11, 11:22 AM
I guess this discussion has disolved into a every Marine is an 0311 discussion.

No I never said that. I just said I have more than one pair of cammies.

Anyways. As I told my SSgt before. If it ever gets to the point that I am ridding in a trac/boat/whatever to assault an area, because all the grunts are gone, then we have clearly been ****ed up by whomever we are fighting. You may even say we have all but lost.

My job is to get the grunts commanders internet. If they use it for tracking the enemy or sending email, I don't ****ing know.

I do know however, that I get paid just the same, get the same discounts out in town, and get to watch the play-by-play of the Panthers games, assuming I don't have a strong enough connection to stream it.

I'm pretty sure that Charlie Sheen would call that WINNING!

03Mike
04-19-11, 11:31 AM
After 20 years as a grunt, your back and knees must be shot!

Two artificial joints cured most of the ailments - a little lingering arthritis...

As they say, it isn't the years, it's the miles.

Quinbo
04-19-11, 12:42 PM
No I never said that. I just said I have more than one pair of cammies.

I do know however, that I get paid just the same, get the same discounts out in town, and get to watch the play-by-play of the Panthers games, assuming I don't have a strong enough connection to stream it.

I'm pretty sure that Charlie Sheen would call that WINNING!

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't have more than one pair of cammies. The individual I was talking about had not worn his cammies enough to wear them out. Grunt work eats cammies and you go through them pretty fast. Pogue work eats charlies I guess. They can only stand up to so many trips through the dry cleaners LOL.

MD8724
04-19-11, 01:01 PM
Pogue work eats charlies I guess. They can only stand up to so many trips through the dry cleaners LOL.

Haha. That's is pretty funny.

True, for some MOS's.

Quinbo
04-19-11, 01:25 PM
The old woodlands had a built in patch on the knees. If you ripped your knee, mama san would cut the hole into a neat square then stitch down the edges. Still serviceable. Rip a hole in that one and she would take a piece of a discarded blouse and stitch that down on top. Still serviceable. I've seen grunts that most of their uniform was patchwork and at the same time pogues who look like they just stepped out of cash sales ;)

DrZ
04-19-11, 01:54 PM
Pre-cammie days.... you could always tell the new guys in country. Their utilities were as green as grass and you could still see creases in the trousers. You could tell a Pogue from a grunt by the condition of their utilities. Never met a grunt who didn't have patches or various locations stitched closed on their utilities.

When the grunts hit Da Nang or Chu Lai, they were the guys who caught hell from some butterbar because they looked like crap, smelled like crap, and were in dire need of a shave. But they were also the guys who the rest of us financed their drinking until they went out again.

A Marine is a Marine. Everyone's job is different but we were brothers who took care of each other. We didn't need something special to tell people apart.... you could see the difference in the grunts eyes.

LLN2111
05-21-11, 12:12 AM
I think you guys should all just line up and pull out your d!cks and we can measure them and move on already. Look, no one can take away from the grunts or what you guys do...GOD bless every one of you and thanks for doing what you do every day. But you arent going anywhere without the motorpool guys keeping your trucks and humvees going and you arent shooting **** without us 2111's making sure your firearms are good to go and properly maintenanced. Everyone in the Corps has a job and it all comes together like a well oiled machine. You can call that dude a POG or Pogue all you want but I loved the POG in payroll thats for sure. If you dont think his/her job was/is important just look at your LES every 2 weeks. If it werent for those people you wouldnt get your combat pay or your leave. It all comes together in the end, like it or not.

FistFu68
05-21-11, 07:40 AM
:evilgrin: Kinda liked that Special piece of Rubber innertube We 0311's cut outta Tires and streched over our Helmet's and tha Graffita we wrote...Plus living in a Hole like a F**King Rat,made Me thump My Chest like TARZAN after We accompished our Mission's taking out Tha F**King Gooks...But I love all of You Supportive Marines,like a Pain in the F**King Azz,Chit even the Paymaster forgot too Pay the 26Th Marines for a Beau Cou long time...W/All due respect S/F :cool: :iwo:

Mongoose
05-21-11, 07:52 AM
:evilgrin: Kinda liked that Special piece of Rubber innertube We 0311's cut outta Tires and streched over our Helmet's and tha Graffita we wrote...Plus living in a Hole like a F**King Rat,made Me thump My Chest like TARZAN after We accompished our Mission's taking out Tha F**King Gooks...But I love all of You Supportive Marines,like a Pain in the F**King Azz,Chit even the Paymaster forgot too Pay the 26Th Marines for a Beau Cou long time...W/All due respect S/F :cool: :iwo:
Hell Fist, they didnt forget to pay us. We were never in one spot long enough to get paid!

advanced
05-21-11, 07:58 AM
Hell, the last time I was listed killed I showed up to the paymaster and they didn't have **** for me. Said since I was dead I didn't rate any money. I do have a problem with the pog's that sent the telegram to my parents describing how and when I was killed though, what imaginations they had.

FistFu68
05-21-11, 08:00 AM
:beer: LOL That's a Big AFFIRMATITTY on Your Last Marine,but gotta thank The Pecker Checker's especially the last one when I mustered out on Dec.7,1972 He handled My Gun like He was on the Silent Drill Team,W/all due Respect...:D :iwo:

advanced
05-21-11, 08:24 AM
I think you guys should all just line up and pull out your d!cks and we can measure them and move on already. Look, no one can take away from the grunts or what you guys do...GOD bless every one of you and thanks for doing what you do every day. But you arent going anywhere without the motorpool guys keeping your trucks and humvees going and you arent shooting **** without us 2111's making sure your firearms are good to go and properly maintenanced. Everyone in the Corps has a job and it all comes together like a well oiled machine. You can call that dude a POG or Pogue all you want but I loved the POG in payroll thats for sure. If you dont think his/her job was/is important just look at your LES every 2 weeks. If it werent for those people you wouldnt get your combat pay or your leave. It all comes together in the end, like it or not.

Well young lady, I've been on line with my pants down to my knees waiting on you. If you want to measure balls as well I know I've got the biggest pair of them anywhere.

radio relay
05-21-11, 09:43 AM
I use to get a kick out of Grunts thinking I was some kind of CIA spook, with my big 8ft parabolic dish antennas attached to a big box full of electronics that they were not allowed to even go near. I'd give them the same sh!t that I'll give Grunts here. I could do, and did do, a Grunt's job. No Grunt could do my job!

Yeah, I get no respect from Grunts. "F" 'em. I only went on a few walking patrols humping prick-25's and 77's (prc-25's and 77's), which I was never trained on, but a Grunt Gunny volunteered me for it, because all his radio humpers were dead, wounded, or on r&r. Funny thing, he never volunteered any of his Grunts to give me a hand when my radio was down, and the General in Da Dang was going to have my azz on a platter if it wasn't up ricky tick.

I drove jeeps and trucks pulling generators and fuel buffaloes on mined and muddy "roads" through jungles and rice paddies full of hostile gooks to meet up with one Grunt unit or another that needed radio relay support. I setup and maintained radios on remote hill tops and lz's with a couple squads of Grunts giving me sh!t, while I helped them dig in, then finished with my setup. Also took my shift on the perimeter, as well as my shift in the comm bunker. Lived in the same muddy, bug and vermin infested holes, ate c-rats, and went without showers for weeks. Sat in mud up to my waist while shooting at shadows, under the orange glow of creaking flares at 2am, right along side the Grunts.

Yep, I thank my lucky stars, and the Big Green Machine, that I was not a Grunt. Grunts were in the sh!t just about every single day. Hours and hours, days and days of walking patrols through all kinds of slime, brush, and muck, while at the same time fighting for their lives. Flying into firefights, ambushes, and all kinds of crap. I missed most of that.

Grunts who sent calls over my radios for supplies, re-enforcements, and medivacs gave me a lot of sh!t, and still do. "F" 'em, I just laugh and understand why ignorance is bliss. I don't have PH's, or hero stars, but if anyone wants to imply that I didn't earn the ribbons on my chest, because I wasn't a Grunt, they better stand back. I was not a poge!!! I was, and am, a Marine. Just like every Grunt!

3043pog
05-21-11, 02:40 PM
I chose my screen name from the friendly ball-breaking names my grunt friends used to call me :) The only light I can shed on the subject is the fact that when I'm lying in a pine-box,the Marines Hymn will be playing.I don't think anyone will be looking down at my casket,debating the pog/grunt thing! Then again.....

LLN2111
05-21-11, 05:13 PM
Well young lady, I've been on line with my pants down to my knees waiting on you. If you want to measure balls as well I know I've got the biggest pair of them anywhere.

ROFLMAO.....well played! :thumbup:

FistFu68
05-22-11, 07:29 AM
:evilgrin: Well Radio Relay,2day is Your Day,you have been chosin too leave the Wire wearing your Prc-25 on your Chest and gonna Walk Point through this Mine Field,but don't worry Brother cause We got Your Six...Oh we will be a Couple Hundred yards behind Ya,not Cluster F**king either.Good Luck better You than Me! S/F :D :iwo:

radio relay
05-22-11, 09:04 AM
:evilgrin: Well Radio Relay,2day is Your Day,you have been chosin too leave the Wire wearing your Prc-25 on your Chest and gonna Walk Point through this Mine Field,but don't worry Brother cause We got Your Six...Oh we will be a Couple Hundred yards behind Ya,not Cluster F**king either.Good Luck better You than Me! S/F :D :iwo:

Sorry, Bro! ... I got the sh!ts ... take LCpl Fcknuts ... lol

HST
05-22-11, 11:20 AM
Telling the difference between the grunts and the really smart, good looking and talented Marines (Field Radio Operators) is simple. Put 11 dimes on the table and ask each to count them. The guys who reach for their shoelaces when they get to 10 are grunts.

Mongoose
05-22-11, 02:45 PM
Telling the difference between the grunts and the really smart, good looking and talented Marines (Field Radio Operators) is simple. Put 11 dimes on the table and ask each to count them. The guys who reach for their shoelaces when they get to 10 are grunts.
Tony, just shows you how much the Corps has changed in 40 years. Those field radio operators are regular poster Marines. Damn smart too. We didnt have nothing like that in the Nam.

TheReservist
05-22-11, 03:07 PM
Difference between Pogs and Grunts:

03xx:

"Yeah, I was a Marine"

Pog:

Yeah, I was a ____ in the Marines"

HST
05-22-11, 03:21 PM
Come on, you guys can do better than that, I'd give that shoe lace line at least an 8 and it's vary adaptable. If I keep coming up with things like I'll be writing jokes for Letterman and making the big bucks. But don't worry, I won't forget the little people like you who helped be achieve greatness.

advanced
05-23-11, 05:39 AM

The radio operators used to help me with my letters home, they were so smart they could actually write. Since I always packed my own magazines I remember that I could count up to at least 19.

Just a thought, if the radio operators and Tony were so smart, how did they get stuck with us?

Mongoose
05-23-11, 06:54 AM
The radio operators used to help me with my letters home, they were so smart they could actually write. Since I always packed my own magazines I remember that I could count up to at least 19.

Just a thought, if the radio operators and Tony were so smart, how did they get stuck with us?
Russ, I would say it was Divine Intervention.

advanced
05-23-11, 07:35 AM
Russ, I would say it was Divine Intervention.

I also think that they mistook that look in our eyes as our being dumb. That look came from our seeing things that no man should ever have to see and doing things no man should ever have to do.

They also knew that we could see right through them and their bs ways.

HST
05-23-11, 07:37 AM
And we're very kind, caring and compassionate. Believe it or not, I got a PM from a guy a while back asking what that thing was on my back.....I told him I didn't know it was either, it just appeared there one day and started talking to me. He believed me, must have been a grunt.

advanced
05-23-11, 07:53 AM
I don't know if this is true or not, but I was always told that those that washed out as grunts became radio operators because they couldn't shoot worth a damn or work well with others. The radio operator was on a leash which was held by the head honcho. He was like a beast of burden carrying the radio so the head grunt could call in for what was needed.

Radio operators only had to know 4 words. Whenever the radio went down and the radio operator was asked what was wrong with it he would simply say "Hell if I know."

HST
05-23-11, 07:55 AM
[quote=advanced;772885]I also think that they mistook that look in our eyes as our being dumb. That look came from our seeing things that no man should ever have to see and doing things no man should ever have to do.

Like burning out ****ters? ;)

Mongoose
05-23-11, 07:57 AM
Tony, I know for a fact. That the radio men in the 3/5 wore out their lips constantly radioing . You Marines in the 3/26, please come and get us out of this shet again. Over.

advanced
05-23-11, 07:59 AM
[quote=advanced;772885]I also think that they mistook that look in our eyes as our being dumb. That look came from our seeing things that no man should ever have to see and doing things no man should ever have to do.

Like burning out ****ters? ;)

We used to **** all over a bunch of radio guys to.

advanced
05-23-11, 08:02 AM
Tony, I know for a fact. That the radio men in the 3/5 wore out their lips constantly radioing . You Marines in the 3/26, please come and get us out of this shet again. Over.

That's correct Marine, we in the 3/5 spent all of our time in the deep ****. That's why the 3/26 followed us around everywhere so they could get their car's and be able to call themselves Marines without being embarrassed.

HST
05-23-11, 08:06 AM
You loved us when we were humping your azz out to a medevac chopper or calling in an airstrike....unless of course the drop missed and then it was always the pilot that screwed up.

HST
05-23-11, 08:11 AM
I don't know if this is true or not, but I was always told that those that washed out as grunts became radio operators because they couldn't shoot worth a damn or work well with others. The radio operator was on a leash which was held by the head honcho. He was like a beast of burden carrying the radio so the head grunt could call in for what was needed.

Radio operators only had to know 4 words. Whenever the radio went down and the radio operator was asked what was wrong with it he would simply say "Hell if I know."

That is totally untrue...I washed out as a wiremen and volunteered to be an operator .....and the correct phrase is "beats the sh*t out of me"

FistFu68
05-23-11, 08:20 AM
:evilgrin: Oh You mean when L/Cpl.F**knut (RTO) Relayed The Order from 1St.Mar.Div,MAKE CONTACT!!!:scared: :iwo:

advanced
05-23-11, 08:31 AM
Gotta go for now gang. A Vietnam Navy friend died a week ago today and we are having his memorial at 11am. He was a retired cop and one of the Legion Riders. We went to high school together though he was 2 years behind me.

I'll be speaking at the memorial for him and I'll be the guide/road captain for the motorcycle escort to the VA National Cemetery up in Sarasota. We're celebrating his life. Though he was just an Irishman (I'm Scots-Irish) I found a piper for him.

His 3rd bout of cancer from AO, scary huh.

Mongoose
05-23-11, 09:52 AM
Sorry about your friend, Russ. His family has my prayers.

radio relay
05-23-11, 10:43 AM

I know that if you washed out of tech school, then they sent you to operator's school ... you're right about the limited vocabulary :nerd:

===
Also, may your friend rest in peace.

kaelobo
05-23-11, 11:16 AM
You are true friend ADVANCE, prayers to the family. s/f

advanced
05-23-11, 08:08 PM
You are true friend ADVANCE, prayers to the family. s/f

Thank you for the kind words kaelobo, and yours also Billy. We had about 35 riders and over 100 others that came. Mike's son and daughter came in from out of state and were totally impressed with what they called a "Military Funeral." The motorcycle escort took about 40 minutes and they couldn't believe the bikes.

Everyone loved the piper, at the end I had him play an Irish Jig to celebrate Mike's life. Our Chaplin was magnificent and melted the hearts of the family. Everyone praised the Color guard, the 21 gun salute, the Chaplin, the riders (Many Patriot Guard Riders) joined us, and the Piper.

At the end I was very humbled. Mike's wife asked me to step outside with her and she said I have something for you. She gave me Mike's pocket watch. She said that Mike had told her that even though I ride an F'n Indian - this Harley pocket watch was for me. At first I said no, this should go to Mike's son, but she insisted that Mike wanted me to have it. I think she knew my tears were genuine. I will carry it every day.

FistFu68
05-24-11, 07:22 AM
:evilgrin: Go Easy Russ,Your Buddy has no more worries now,It will Be a Grand Reunion someday...Sorry for Your loss Marine S/F India 3 out~~~:iwo:

Hamelink83
05-25-11, 03:10 AM

I walked point through IED infested areas...and I'm a POG. You wanna wear a ribbon so that people know your a grunt, that's fine, whatever man. I know what I've done while deployed, I lived, fought, and walked around (and in front) with the 03's. Grunt or POG, the enemy doesn't see that, all they see is a Marine.

CrockettJW
05-25-11, 04:58 PM
When I was in, we used the term POG to mean "Piece of Garbage." It applied to anyone who didn't do his fair share of work, like if you went down to supply to get gear and the POG tells you to come back at 1300 because he's too busy reading porn.

In those days, we didn't even wear name tapes, and I liked that.

The most distinguishing difference I remember on uniforms was the red tabs from LSB.

HST
05-25-11, 05:11 PM
In my day pog was shortened from pogy bait- candy and a pog was a candy azz

Kegler300
05-25-11, 05:31 PM
In my day pog was shortened from pogy bait- candy and a pog was a candy azz

Yep. Don't know where the "Person Other than Grunt came from. Guess Pogue isn't defined in the new Guidebook for Marines...

Carpshooter
05-25-11, 05:35 PM
Yep. Don't know where the "Person Other than Grunt came from. Guess Pogue isn't defined in the new Guidebook for Marines...

Now I know ! :iwo:

michagnu
05-25-11, 11:56 PM

I was infantry. I never met a grunt in my time who felt the need to advertise. I would suggest leaving psyops to the intel guys.

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them. -Mark Twain.

advanced
05-26-11, 07:16 AM
I was infantry. I never met a grunt in my time who felt the need to advertise. I would suggest leaving psyops to the intel guys.

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them. -Mark Twain.

Another profound statement from a grunt.

I believe that in a fight all Marines will fight and many will distinguish themselves. To me, the difference is this; Regardless of the severity of the firefight when the signal comes it is the Grunt who will rise from the comparative safety of his fighting hole and will advance against the enemy. The Grunt will change the tone of the battle from a defensive position to an aggressive position, even against unsurmountable odds, even when to do so may result in devastation.

It is the Grunt who has forged the Legend and the mystique of the United States Marine Corps.

HST
05-26-11, 07:48 AM
I could really stir is up after that one but I'm gonna be nice. Memorial Day is right areound the corner.

IIt is the VETERAN,
not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN,
not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN,
not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN,
not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN,
not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN,
not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

03rEKon
05-26-11, 05:06 PM
There is no need for seperation between grunts and POG's. If you want recognition for your MOS, become Aircrew,EOD, Recon or MARSOC. SOME of the Marines in these MOS's get to wear what we call "bling, bling" on their uniforms. Everyone has a job, as long as your good at what you do, thats all that matters.

advanced
05-26-11, 05:56 PM
Of course in the 5th Marines you get to wear that braid on your shoulder. Of course when I was with them all I got to wear was a pair of stinking, rotting off me, ripped utilities stained with all that red dust and sweat. But I can dream of what I would have looked like with that braid. Of course who the hell would know what it meant.

FistFu68
05-27-11, 03:52 AM
:evilgrin: Hamelik83 did You also do Your whole time in the Fleet as an 0311,or just on Qual.Day? With all due Respect S/F :confused:

Mongoose
05-27-11, 06:44 AM
I walked point through IED infested areas...and I'm a POG. You wanna wear a ribbon so that people know your a grunt, that's fine, whatever man. I know what I've done while deployed, I lived, fought, and walked around (and in front) with the 03's. Grunt or POG, the enemy doesn't see that, all they see is a Marine.
Now, instead of every now and then. Think about having to do that every day for 13 months.

advanced
05-27-11, 08:43 AM
Now, instead of every now and then. Think about having to do that every day for 13 months.

And now, with all that **** in your head from those 13 months, think about how it plays over and over for the next 40+ years.

HST
05-27-11, 08:48 AM
Of course in the 5th Marines you get to wear that braid on your shoulder. Of course when I was with them all I got to wear was a pair of stinking, rotting off me, ripped utilities stained with all that red dust and sweat. But I can dream of what I would have looked like with that braid. Of course who the hell would know what it meant.

The real Marines called that a pogy rope. Some even said it was used is some sort of sex act. Let's face it, any decoration awarded by the french can't be worth much.

advanced
05-27-11, 08:56 AM
The real Marines called that a pogy rope. Some even said it was used is some sort of sex act. Let's face it, any decoration awarded by the french can't be worth much.

The french are great at giving awards to others that fight for them, and it is still used for sex acts - If you'd like to try it I'll get you one.

Mongoose
05-27-11, 09:05 AM
The french are great at giving awards to others that fight for them, and it is still used for sex acts - If you'd like to try it I'll get you one.
Russ, please send me another one. Ive wore out the last one you sent. Oh, and send one with smooth braids. That last one wore me raw. I have to sit down to pee now.

HST
05-27-11, 09:47 AM

No thanks Russ, I've allready got enough awards. I've even got one that some arvin general personally gave me in your favorite place, Hue, for not getting the clapp from his half french wife.

Mongoose
05-27-11, 10:12 AM
No thanks Russ, I've allready got enough awards. I've even got one that some arvin general personally gave me in your favorite place, Hue, for not getting the clapp from his half french wife.
Tony, that's because she already gave Russ a whole case of it.

montana
05-27-11, 11:40 AM
CLAP....hay all im the north west distributor...aint sure where i got it????

HST
05-27-11, 12:16 PM
Off a toilet seat maybe?

FistFu68
05-27-11, 12:35 PM
:evilgrin: Yo RICKY RECON,This Grunt was doin' 1 Arm pushup's & Jacking off at tha same time before You were Born MARSOGGY!!! :D :iwo:

advanced
05-28-11, 04:54 AM
Tony, that's because she already gave Russ a whole case of it.

I was really surprised on that one. Her nickname for me was "You #1 GI. Yeah, we was bad to the bone.

Carpshooter
05-28-11, 05:01 AM
I never ever touched any of those Vietnamese women , they just didn't look too promising chewing that black stuff all the time ! :D

advanced
05-28-11, 05:25 AM
I never ever touched any of those Vietnamese women , they just didn't look too promising chewing that black stuff all the time ! :D

The key word here is "Babyson." Besides, remember how after about 8-10 drinks even the fat girls began to look good. Well, after 3 weeks or so in the bush even the bush didn't look so bad. Or - maybe it was just me.

radio relay
05-28-11, 05:50 AM
Ha ha ... nothing sexier than an old, wrinkled, leather faced mamasan, with that gape toothed grin stained black from years of chewing betelnut .... NOT!!!

I also steered very clear of it. The "blue balls" propaganda made a bid impression on me.

Carpshooter
05-28-11, 06:13 AM
The key word here is "Babyson." Besides, remember how after about 8-10 drinks even the fat girls began to look good. Well, after 3 weeks or so in the bush even the bush didn't look so bad. Or - maybe it was just me.

What bush ? :scared: No wonder I never got any loven in Nam !

They used agent orange at Chu Lai too much , as my avatar photo was taken at Danang ! :iwo:

advanced
05-28-11, 06:48 AM
What bush ? :scared: No wonder I never got any loven in Nam !

They used agent orange at Chu Lai too much , as my avatar photo was taken at Danang ! :iwo:

The bush on the babysons of course.

FistFu68
05-28-11, 08:31 AM
:evilgrin: Beau Cou Boom Boom all niiii yung MARINE :p :iwo:

advanced
05-28-11, 09:39 AM
:evilgrin: Beau Cou Boom Boom all niiii yung MARINE :p :iwo:

No No too beau cou, how much boom boom short time?