PDA

View Full Version : Listen up People

DrZ
04-13-11, 11:23 PM
There are not many things in this world that really fires me up but there are a few. One of the things I have noticed here at LN is the abusive attitude that many have to the DEP/Poolees, WMs, Grunts, Wingers, Support Marines, Vets, Retired, Reservist, Senior NCOS, Officers, and all the way down to the newest Marine who received their EGA. Well guess what.... not a damn one of us is special. I don't give a damn if you are CMC, SGTMaj of the Corps or whomever.... you are nothing special. We put on your skivvies just like every other person here. We earned or are going to earn the title just like every person here. Just because you are a grunt....or a non grunt... you are nothing special. Everyone of us is doing our best toward mission completion. It takes each and every one of us to accomplish that goal. Just because someone does not go out of the wire everyday does not make them less than someone who does. Without the ones who do not go past that wire.... just how long do you think the ones who do go past the wire could do their job?

Marines are known for banter comprised of (more or less friendly) cheap shots and harassment of our brother and sister Marines. It is something we do and have always done. But when we go past the cheap shots or the harassment to the point of demeaning someone who has earned the title and has done or is doing their service honorably ....something is seriously wrong!

I scan the Poolee hall and hear the same kind of crap there. Where do you think they get this from? That's right...from you and me. They have yet to start their career and they are verbally abusing their future brothers and sisters. They are throwing abusive statements around like they are God's gift to the Marines. Well people.... again I state... WE ARE NOTHING SPECIAL!

Before you start to talk sh!t about another Marine.... think about who you are insulting...who you are abusing. Ask yourself...who the hell am I? What makes me think I am so damn much better than this person or that person?

Now I expect to get crap about this post. I expect trolls and some people with their better than thou attitudes to mouth off concerning this post and anything anyone says in this thread....so be it but you damn well know what I am saying is the truth. It is up to each one of us to assist our brothers and sister.... to assist in training our future Marines...and to protect and serve as Marines have done since our Corps was founded.

Take a little time to engage brain prior to engaging your mouth. Show and get respect.... it REALLY IS the Marine Corps way!

SSgtRSD
04-13-11, 11:27 PM
Well said.

hbharrison
04-13-11, 11:39 PM
:thumbup::beer:

Burke7051
04-13-11, 11:41 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Excellent post Z. I could not agree more. I made similar post a few weeks back but sadly one of the mods deleted it. Hopfully this one stays and gets turned into a sticky.

Quinbo
04-14-11, 12:13 AM
Dang Z .... I've been wondering where all my scivvies went. I didn't even know we wore the same size.

linda1945
04-14-11, 03:36 AM
I like it and agree with you!!:thumbup::) Thanks for posting it and ain't gonna get no arguements from me.
Semper Fi
Lin

03Foxtrot
04-14-11, 05:33 AM
Respect for others, respect for yourself... a formula that works for me.

doc h fmf
04-14-11, 06:23 AM
I AGREE WITH YOU LARRY. IN FACT THERE WAS ONE MARINE WHO TICKED ME OFF BECAUSE HE THOUGHT HE WAS HOLIER THEN THOU.

SEMPER FI MY BROTHER

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 fmf

Mongoose
04-14-11, 06:37 AM
Good job, Marine!

USNAviator
04-14-11, 06:43 AM
From this Squid, outstanding Larry. :thumbup:

0331 2 0369
04-14-11, 07:19 AM
I don't really care what you say....

I AM SPECIAL

SPECIAL ED :D

Sgt Jim
04-14-11, 08:23 AM
I agree,because I,m not special in any way but I am a Marine and aways will be

bootlace15
04-14-11, 09:40 AM
debate debate debate...............Its all legal!!!!!!!!!SH!T HAPPENS..........Sounds like Congress in here............

DrZ
04-14-11, 09:48 AM
debate debate debate...............Its all legal!!!!!!!!!SH!T HAPPENS..........Sounds like Congress in here............

Interesting response. Makes no sense but an interesting response anyway.

Apache
04-14-11, 09:56 AM
Agreed brother
Keep the posts that are above moron level coming

Wrench3516
04-14-11, 10:19 AM
:thumbup: "Lima-Charlie" Z...

montana
04-14-11, 11:33 AM
i hate everyone the same...no problem here

tracs1833
04-16-11, 01:36 AM
Ohhrahh!! Well said. I agree with everything except the we are nothing special part: We are all Marines, that in itself makes us all special! And as for the poolees, they are the future of our Corps, so we need to cut them some slack.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-16-11, 01:59 AM
We are, in fact, 'special'.

Good post.

Osotogary
04-16-11, 02:35 AM
DrZ,
As long as my sh*t still stinks, you will not hear a discouraging word from me.
Good post.

YourPhoneIsMine
04-16-11, 12:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aw0hz.jpg