PDA

View Full Version : Switching Reservist to Active

CBHSJD
04-13-11, 10:43 AM
ok this has probably been asked before but here is my exact situation, there are no more slots open for active infantry and i am right now listed for reservist rifleman, i was told that my last possible option right now if i want active infantry is after boot camp when i go to infantry school, i will be able to change if i work my ass off and show i want it bad enough. is this true and how hard is it to change from reservist to active duty

Lisa 23
04-13-11, 10:50 AM
A bit more of a profile will help.... and it doesn't matter what MOS it is, try using the search bar, reserves to active has been covered many times before.

Blutic
04-13-11, 05:11 PM
I've heard that one so many times before. It's not true. If you want to go active duty, wait until you get an active duty contract. Going reserves will make it close to impossible to ever go active based on the current conditions. There is no back-dooring the system.

YourPhoneIsMine
04-14-11, 02:01 AM
I've heard that one so many times before. It's not true. If you want to go active duty, wait until you get an active duty contract. Going reserves will make it close to impossible to ever go active based on the current conditions. There is no back-dooring the system.
this

it's easier for some MOSs than others but however difficult your recruiter says it will be, you can probably multiply that by ten