PDA

View Full Version : Been a LOOOOONG time!

HardJedi
04-11-11, 06:50 PM
Greetings and salutations! :banana:

So, some people here may remember me, some may not. To those who do, Man! Nice to have made an impression! I looked on here, and noticed that I havent logged on since November of 2009.

an update since then!

I joined the National Guard, and am currently serving in the Intel field. prepping for deployment at the moment, and at 38, I can tell you, it takes a lot more of a toll than it did when i was 18! lol

Things have been generally good, my daughter started high school last year, and is still a great kid. never had anything less than an A-

would love to hear from some of my old buddies on here, and i will write more later to anyone who is interested

Old Marine
04-11-11, 07:36 PM
HardJedi: Nice to see you back. Been quite a while since you have been on here.

Phantom Blooper
04-11-11, 08:34 PM
I'm still here padawan....:beer::beer:

HardJedi
04-12-11, 08:46 AM
Sweet. Nice to hear from you guys again. People often ask me why I didnt go into the Marine Reserves, and I just tell em the truth, cause I am too old and out of shape for that, but the Army PT is still so easy, that I can do it in my sleep! LOL

Sgt Leprechaun
04-12-11, 05:28 PM
Welcome back!

awbrown1462
04-12-11, 05:34 PM
Hardjedi if you ever go to ft knox for training look me up you will be staying in the barracks I maintain

R Landry
04-12-11, 06:05 PM
What's it like working with the Guard? Do they know that you were with the Corps?

As a reservist, I did only 6 months of active duty with 5-1/2 years of weekend warrior stuff but I got to spend 3 years working as a civilian (Chief, Troop Construction & Range Maintenance) with the US Army in Germany. I really liked working with soldiers and their big toys (M-1 tanks and 8-inch artillery).

HardJedi
04-12-11, 09:16 PM
yeah, they all know that I was a Marine. So, of course, that's all half of them call me. Just, " HEY MARINE!" lol. They are a bunch of nice guys for the most part, though my unit is EXTREMELY top heavy. In my ONE COMPANY, we have about twelve E-7's , 20 or so E-6's. and too many E-5's to count. we also have about 6 Captains, and 4 Majors, as well as various LT's and WO's