PDA

View Full Version : What do you all do in your free time?

SoonToBe3521
04-08-11, 10:19 PM
Any cool workout routines, or fun activities?
I ask because I'm looking for new hobbies to take up my time before I leave. Most of my friends went off to college out of the area, so I'm kinda stuck here with very few ideas of what to do with my days. I also am just interested in what other Poolees are into.

bposey8152
04-08-11, 10:42 PM
Workout and video games. Routine of a champion Hahaha
Also I would like to say I love McMinnville. LINFIELD!!!!! :D

SoonToBe3521
04-08-11, 10:51 PM

Haha I have a Linfield ID card :) My mom's worked there for 23 years! My sister also got her degree there.

bposey8152
04-08-11, 10:54 PM
My dad has his degree from there. He played football and baseball there in the 80's. I got an offer for baseball but I couldn't pass up the chance to join the Corps :)

SoonToBe3521
04-08-11, 11:01 PM
Good deal :) You ship 7 days before me!

bposey8152
04-08-11, 11:03 PM
Maybe ill run into you :D

Nerd
04-08-11, 11:05 PM
I play a lot of video games, and I read. I read quite a bit, usually about what's going on the world, or the Marines. The Corps occupies most of my time.

I only play war games though.

As for working out, all I do on my own is weight lifting, because i'm reletively scrawny and I am going into artillery. i want to be able to lift those shells easier

SoonToBe3521
04-08-11, 11:06 PM
Maybe ill run into you :D

That'd be a little hard from Parris Island :P 4th Bn. Haha.

AlexJH
04-08-11, 11:25 PM
I surf, I fap, I do stupid sh*t with my friends to stay entertained, go shooting, work on my truck, deal with the pain of being too sexy for my shirt.

SoonToBe3521
04-08-11, 11:37 PM
I surf, I fap, I do stupid sh*t with my friends to stay entertained, go shooting, work on my truck, deal with the pain of being too sexy for my shirt.

How is your ship date 20110805? Isn't every ship date supposed to be a Monday?

DudefromDiego
04-09-11, 01:04 AM
I PT one day a week... other than that, I read, do other stuff, and play a mean Les Paul. Hopefully, that isn't one of the things I lose over the 3 months of boot camp.

AlexJH
04-09-11, 01:53 AM
yeah you're right it is the 8th, the liason said 5th for some reason, just looked at my contract..

don't really care because it's getting pushed back..

DGarmo
04-09-11, 07:23 AM
I PT 6 days a week. Nothing too crazy but enough to say I had a good workout.

Besides anything Corps related, I love music. I play a Fender Jazz bass and a synth. Like DudeFromDiego said, I hope I don't lose my touch haha.

Other than that, reading and sports. Not really playing sports but I'm one of those kids who watches every game, knows every player. After the Corps I want to get a Sport Broadcasting school in hopes to be a radio host. **** changes so that's in the back of my mind right now.

Tbrown10
04-09-11, 08:22 AM
Video games, school,workout, Run my car in the 1/8th mile drag strip every friday...ride my firtbike on our farm

achilles097
04-09-11, 09:23 AM
I've been a Club DJ for a while now...I tend to go out in DC/Baltimore and hit areas up with my buddies as a DJ. I worked with a few indie/mainstream rappers and done a few concerts in the area as a sound tech.

I also have a few synths laying around..make Dubstep, Hip-Hop and Electro House. I had a fan page with thousand or-so fans, but deleted that for the same reason...no time to make music and keep the commitment of making people happy at the same time. Music production is a very time consuming process.

I play hockey quite regularly as well, but not so much anymore. Wasn't a stellar student in high school by prep school standards, and I was too short for college scouts (5'6). I played at a high enough level so I was satisfied enough that I was finished after that... I really wanted to be a Marine.

I don't like video games too much. I'll play if I'm in a group with my buddies, but I'm the guy that everybody likes to kill in multiplayer because he sucks and its easy points for them LOL.

Nerd
04-09-11, 10:10 AM
...I fap....

What's the matter, can't get a hookup or a girlfriend? lol, at least the man's honest!

:bunny:

I forgot, I also play airsoft. It's a lot like paintball, but all the weapons you use and gear you use look exactly like real world gear. So I run around wearing fake MARPAT, a plate carrier, combat boots, a helmet and googles with an M4 instead of a marker that looks like a hair dryer lol

Airsoft is fun as hell. If you're motivated to be a grunt, airsoft is a good way to keep yourself sane while you are waiting to go earn your title so you can play with real guns

achilles097
04-09-11, 10:28 AM
What's the matter, can't get a hookup or a girlfriend? lol, at least the man's honest!

I forgot, I also play airsoft. It's a lot like paintball, but all the weapons you use and gear you use look exactly like real world gear. So I run around wearing fake MARPAT, a plate carrier, combat boots, a helmet and googles with an M4 instead of a marker that looks like a hair dryer lol

Airsoft is fun as hell. If you're motivated to be a grunt, airsoft is a good way to keep yourself sane while you are waiting to go earn your title so you can play with real guns

I think there's an Airsoft CQB near our area...i think in manassas?

I used to play a lot ...even have a Tokyo Marui MP5 laying around, but I never got into the whole dressing up thing. I just went in some old cargos and a t-shirt. I did see quite a lot of people who were gear bums and used airsoft as an excuse to play "war". I met a few real military posers hanging around the place. A lot of cool veterans as well.

shawnkelly
04-09-11, 10:41 AM
For me, I sit around play guitar(hope i don't lose my touch), watch some movies with my dad and periodically help him with this on-going landscaping project of his.. Pt twice a week via recruiting station, and usually work out 4-6 days with my dad and his friends. Nothing to do in my town really, wish I had a dirtbike.

Pwork703
04-09-11, 12:33 PM
I think there's an Airsoft CQB near our area...i think in manassas?

I used to play a lot ...even have a Tokyo Marui MP5 laying around, but I never got into the whole dressing up thing. I just went in some old cargos and a t-shirt. I did see quite a lot of people who were gear bums and used airsoft as an excuse to play "war". I met a few real military posers hanging around the place. A lot of cool veterans as well.

Oh **** I had no idea there were other guys on here from NOVA...we should get a group together and play some airsoft.

DudefromDiego
04-09-11, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah and I surf. But then again, everybody here in SD pretty much surfs in some aspect. Haven't done it since my board got totaled, but since my woman surfs also, I'm getting back into it. Luckily, as soon as I leave that depot, I'm changing out and going right to PB. Homefield advantage FTW. :)

SoonToBe3521
04-09-11, 01:51 PM

My brothers and I used to go to the rock quarry at like 2am with our airsofts and play "airsoft hide and seek". Except instead of being tagged, you shot them. I remember once I was hiding up in a big tower at the park(pitched black outside mind you)...got shot right in the butt. Haha

PooleeGewarges
04-09-11, 05:21 PM

Sounds great, wish I could do some airsoft. Yet I don't have airsoft places around me and I am too lazy to buy all the equiptment and what not.

IHaveEGA843
04-09-11, 05:22 PM
Never done AirSoft......cant relate

Whenever I'm not working I'm usually laid up with some bad *****es getting that wet wet.....

Really though, I spend time with my girl or go to my gma's and help around there with whatever she needs done. I play games from time to time, I go out and spend money I shouldn't be blowing, and very seldom I'll go out to a club or something and waste my time and money there.

I really dont have much free time during the work week so the weekend is just really enjoying being off. I don't work out during the weekend because its during my free time from doing anything that wouldn't suck while doing it.

Yall are young......still got that high school energy but trust me when you become a part of this working world it will drain you and you'll become just like you're parents who seem to just work, eat, sleep and repeat.

Hopefully the Corps will change my boring routine up

IHaveEGA843
04-09-11, 05:26 PM
Video games, school,workout, Run my car in the 1/8th mile drag strip every friday...ride my firtbike on our farm

What are you running at the strip?

I had a 95 SS that I planned and stroking out to become a 396 with some nice 3.73s and such other big dollar money boys buy for street/track cars.

Didn't happen due to it being totaled and the car I have now was supposed to replace it but became so much of a pain I gave up.

ajvigs
04-09-11, 05:43 PM
With only 28 days until I ship to MCRDPI (May 9th) I am working out like crazy to make sure I meet my weight standard. Morning PT of cardio and bodyweight exercises, afternoon run/weight training. Never a dull moment.

AlexJH
04-09-11, 06:34 PM
AAYYY!

Finally something me and Nerd can agree on. I actually am typing this after a good 5 or so hour game with about 30 or so guys. Bunch of former military dudes play so it's all good fun. It's kind of stupid that people are such gear queers in airsoft, but I just view it as like playing a video game except off the couch.

You can't really take it to seriously, using any type of optic is basically useless unless you're running a sniper rifle that has been upgraded up the @$$. That and light shrubbery stops bullets, and you can just walk away from the person's effective range and still be in their line of sight..

but yeah good fun, I'm not that much of a turd, I do run MARPATs and a M16A4.

Tbrown10
04-09-11, 06:57 PM
What are you running at the strip?

I had a 95 SS that I planned and stroking out to become a 396 with some nice 3.73s and such other big dollar money boys buy for street/track cars.

Didn't happen due to it being totaled and the car I have now was supposed to replace it but became so much of a pain I gave up.

8.3 @ 86 with just longtubes,4.10's, intake, and a tune. Man i bet that car would have been stout! my love for cars got me addicted to adrenalin lol

robbyj
04-09-11, 10:47 PM
To be honest all I do is go to work, workout, and that its, dont wanna go out with friends and risk getting in trouble, I could have left for boot last sunday but could not due to a ticket i picked up on my way to work (speed limit when from 65 to 45, hard to notice at 3am):(

C_Squash_D
04-10-11, 07:18 PM
Mainly videogames and push-ups, crunches, pull-ups in between.
Sometimes I listen to awesome music and do some exercises.
Other than that, I'm having fun with other poolees and future poolees at school, picking on my ARMY jrotc instructor who keeps bashing us for signing up for the Marines.

green333
04-10-11, 07:54 PM
pt in the mornin then play a little bit of video games and play with the dogs maybe shoot some of the guns i honestly dont spend much time with any of the people i know because they get in alot of trouble so i stay away from that

Cam
04-10-11, 10:19 PM

I've played airsoft for years myself, trying to sell off my equipment so it's not being wasted when I leave, maybe if im stationed somewhere that has a field I'll pick it back up again, cause i do enjoy playing.

What kind of replicas do you have? I have a G&G SOC16 with all prometheus internals, a CA SCAR, and a CA M4, I also have another CA Scar, but it's in pieces so I don't really count that.

I'm still in High School, so that takes up the majority of my time, but other than that I occupy my time with the girlfriend, pt, buddies,basketball, the shooting range, and wasting gas in my gas guzzler (99' Z71 Silverado)

Tbrown10
04-11-11, 09:24 AM
I have a classic Army M4,2 450rd mags and 1 300rd mag. 2 batteries.10k bb's and some other stuff im trying to get rid of if anyone wants em..played with them about 3 times thats it

USMC Infantry
04-11-11, 12:34 PM

im a champion

PooleeGewarges2
04-12-11, 08:32 PM
For me, there is not much to do but PT every single day. Aiming to get the best IST scores that I can achieve. I also spend a lot of time reading books and playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 here and there.:flag:

achilles097
04-12-11, 08:42 PM
For me, there is not much to do but PT every single day. Aiming to get the best IST scores that I can achieve. I also spend a lot of time reading books and playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 here and there.:flag:

Really? Do you have XBL?

PooleeGewarges
04-12-11, 08:43 PM
Really? Do you have XBL?

My bro plays on the PC, which to me is horrible. Damn keyboard.

PooleeGewarges2
04-12-11, 08:51 PM
My bro plays on the PC, which to me is horrible. Damn keyboard.

That is so funny. The keyboard and mouse is really awkward and tough at first, but in a week its the best combination for first-person shooters in my opinion.
Achilles, we used to play XBL on the 360...a lot.:flag:

PooleeGewarges
04-12-11, 08:55 PM
Shoot, we played alot of.....

PooleeGewarges2
04-12-11, 09:03 PM
Shoot, we played alot of.....

I totally agree:mad: awesome Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in Gears of War style:flag:

achilles097
04-12-11, 09:03 PM
That is so funny. The keyboard and mouse is really awkward and tough at first, but in a week its the best combination for first-person shooters in my opinion.
Achilles, we used to play XBL on the 360...a lot.:flag:

Man PC is the best system if you have the hardware. Graphics on the consoles don't compare. I play on 360 because I just couldn't afford to keep up with the RAM and all that technical stuff. My computer still runs on Windows 2000 LOL.

I can't wait for GoW 3 either. I don't like CoD too much. Unrealistic and each time they come out with a new game it just feels like an expansion pack. BC2 is better in my opinion...But I HATE HATE HATE when I have a team full of snipers and we have no damn points because they are a pack of pussies to man up and take the assault kit and get some points the hard way!

PooleeGewarges2
04-12-11, 09:27 PM
Man PC is the best system if you have the hardware. Graphics on the consoles don't compare. I play on 360 because I just couldn't afford to keep up with the RAM and all that technical stuff. My computer still runs on Windows 2000 LOL.

I can't wait for GoW 3 either. I don't like CoD too much. Unrealistic and each time they come out with a new game it just feels like an expansion pack. BC2 is better in my opinion...But I HATE HATE HATE when I have a team full of snipers and we have no damn points because they are a pack of pussies to man up and take the assault kit and get some points the hard way!

Yes, PC is the best if you got the greatest hardware. You are very correct on that.

My brother told me that a good portion of gamers already tested GoW 3 and said that it was by far the best Gears of War game. It is going to be awesome. Hope I can play it one day.
I played the very old Call of duty games back on PS2, which were awesome. Call of duty 4 Modern Warfare was IMO the best one and the most fun, and yes, every time a new one comes out, it is all the same...so disappointing.
I totally agree about BC2, achilles. It is way better. I also hate a full team of snipers...actually, snipers in general in the game. The assault kit is the best! I finally got the M16A2 today...no scopes, just iron sight. Best weapon in the game for me.:flag::mad:

USMC Infantry
04-13-11, 01:30 PM
Yes, PC is the best if you got the greatest hardware. You are very correct on that.

My brother told me that a good portion of gamers already tested GoW 3 and said that it was by far the best Gears of War game. It is going to be awesome. Hope I can play it one day.
I played the very old Call of duty games back on PS2, which were awesome. Call of duty 4 Modern Warfare was IMO the best one and the most fun, and yes, every time a new one comes out, it is all the same...so disappointing.
I totally agree about BC2, achilles. It is way better. I also hate a full team of snipers...actually, snipers in general in the game. The assault kit is the best! I finally got the M16A2 today...no scopes, just iron sight. Best weapon in the game for me.:flag::mad:

I have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.. just kidding i love gears of war i ****ing destroy noobs with my wall bounce on xbl and then i take ****s in their mouths after teabagging (it a glitch). lalalalaim going craazyyz :beer:

MunkyVsRobot
04-13-11, 09:31 PM
I enjoy going to the shooting range on my spare time and I also enjoy playing xbox. It seems also as if I have gotten addicted to Netflix but only if I can stream it instantly. I also enjoy the Hardcore punk scene and Metal scene. its all good in the hood.

Honcho1010
04-13-11, 09:41 PM
^Dude i got season one of Entourage and i refuse to put it into my Ps3. Never sent it back either. Been watching every t.v. show.

Speaking of free time, any of you guys play Madden on Ps3?

Derreck
04-13-11, 10:26 PM
I pt at the Marine Corps office 3-5 times a week and we kill it everytime! I spend time with my fiancé and son along with the rest of my family. Also the guys in my pool tend to hang out alot along with the Marines on RA. Other than that it's xbox time with black ops or depending in the weather swimming etc

ChrrySkoal
04-15-11, 09:39 AM
Airsoft! A bit expensive but you learn tactics, keeps you running, and hell its fun to shoot eachother! haha:D

MunkyVsRobot
04-15-11, 07:04 PM
Airsoft! A bit expensive but you learn tactics, keeps you running, and hell its fun to shoot eachother! haha:D
An AR-15 wasnt cheap either.. But Id suggest not learning or worrying bout tactics just yet :evilgrin: those will be beat into you when you hit MCRD

ChrrySkoal
04-22-11, 10:48 PM
An AR-15 wasnt cheap either.. But Id suggest not learning or worrying bout tactics just yet :evilgrin: those will be beat into you when you hit MCRD

Haha so Iv been told... :)

seanb
04-23-11, 05:08 AM
butterfly knife kills alot of my time

calebh180
04-23-11, 11:32 AM
do pullups and get ****ed up

Vise
04-25-11, 04:47 PM
I play Halo Reach and badminton.

MunkyVsRobot
04-26-11, 11:07 AM
Haha so Iv been told... :)

I was lucky when i bought mine I only paid 800 for a 1300 dollar stick.. Bought it before I considered enlisting.

ChrrySkoal
04-27-11, 09:40 AM
I was lucky when i bought mine I only paid 800 for a 1300 dollar stick.. Bought it before I considered enlisting.

I got an M4, M16A2, and a 1911. all around a grand 500 some of the cops I play with put like four grand into their guns!

MichaelBernas
04-29-11, 04:19 PM
I go to school, try to get in some exercise, and go to work. On my free time I play guitar, exercise and just relax. I usually do long distance runs or bikes adding alot of stretching at the beginning and end of each workout + some situps, pullups and about 12 different sets of pushups. It's good to max out until you just about pass out, and then give yourself a few days to recover. The muscles deteriorate and then rebuild themselves during the relaxing time, don't massage your muscles though! It'll break em back down. Hot showers will loosen you up if you ever get real sore. After a while It won't seem like much though. So you kick up the exercise every so often, go a little bit longer, just a little bit harder. yeah