PDA

View Full Version : housing during MOS

mmjdsg0301
04-08-11, 03:23 PM
Can anyone fill me in about how housing works while your spouse is in thier MOS?

m14ed
04-08-11, 03:34 PM
No profile, No answer

Marine3451
04-11-11, 08:39 AM
The short and simple answer is that you cannot go to MOS school with your spouse because they will not pay to move you that much. You will not get housing until your first duty station

DJ860420
04-11-11, 02:28 PM
And that answer is not true. Like everything else in the Marine Corp it depends upon a certain number of factors. Mostly what MOS he has. Some MOS's allow spouses to accompany their Marines to their school. It depends on how long his school is.

USNAviator
04-11-11, 03:15 PM
Can anyone fill me in about how housing works while your spouse is in thier MOS?

Can you tell me in which state he'll be living or station?

And his pay grade would also help. I'll assume an E-1 or 2

Marine3451
04-11-11, 05:28 PM
Well she didnt give an MOS. 98% of Mos Schools wont let you move your spouse to the school location that is unless the school is a year long or some thing like that. If its a couple of months dont count on it. There are only two mos fields that I can think of off the top my head that have long schools Intel and Aviation but their may be others.

mmjdsg0301
04-14-11, 03:27 PM
His MOS is 6048 I believe, and he is at pensacola right now. I found out that he'll only be in schooling for 8 weeks so I can't move with him. He thought he was suppose to go to his "c schooling", i think, after this one which is another 8 weeks, but then mentioned something about if he graduates the top of his class he'll be able to go to his duty station?? Any tips about that information?

bettyyross
05-04-11, 11:04 AM
It really all depends. Hubby's school is in Pensacola also. But his schooling has been very long so I was able to move down with him. He has to request brown bagger status and they don't always get it. Also we moved out of pocket and we are not allowed to live on base since it's a Navy Base and housing is only available for those stationed here.