PDA

View Full Version : trying to get back in

btolivarII
04-07-11, 02:17 AM
I'm trying to get back in. I was kicked out for being over weight, even though the DAY i got off light duty, there was a request for my physical therapy and it was denied, and I had to run a PFT with a bum ankle and a messed up shoulder. I was told because of my RE code that I was forced to wait 2 years. So instead of working out and trying to get back in like I should have, I completely gaffed it off. I am now working my ass off to make weight to get back in. I know what I need to do, but with all this talk about slots being filled and I am trying to lat move into Infantry as active duty, coming from an aviation background, I was told that I would have to be in the reserves. Then I found out that I could possibly get with 4th Recon. I have a very colorful background, due to ****ty NCO's, letting me fail when I obviously needed guidance, but I failed my self. I know what I did and now all I want is to get back in. Its been 3 years and my full 8 year contract is up as of 1 Dec. Is there any hope for me? If so what do I need to do? I will do what ever it takes to get back in. And if I can be active duty, I will do anything and everything it takes. Any and all suggestions and advice would be great. Thanks

Sgt Leprechaun
04-07-11, 02:38 AM
You...are going to have a rough time of it. The stories you've heard are correct, waivers are VERY difficult to come by for the 'average' person....and well nigh impossible for someone with your admittedly spotty record. Your RE code may, quite frankly, completely prohibit you from re-enlisting.

Simply put, go see a recruiter, but don't expect to be welcomed back with anything like 'open arms'. My best guess is....try the army. Seriously. Because with the crappy RE-code AND what you describe as a ''colorful" background (lots of Page 11's crappy pro/cons maybe an Article 15) I give your realistic, "No BS" chance of coming back in....about a 5 percent.

And with that having been said, you'd better be running a high first class PFT the DAY you walk in to the recruiters office and act like you are ready to report for duty THAT day. Otherwise that slim margin of 5 percent will evaporate as well. You'd also better be able to pass weight/BMI standards as well as not look like crap in uniform no matter what they are.

Also, lets see a better profile. What you have is...lacking. Locked unti that occurs. PM me when it does.