PDA

View Full Version : Free Marine Corps Gear

RojasM
04-06-11, 10:03 PM
Hello everybody, I am a Poolee and wanted to know were i can get free Marine gear or Marine items; raging anywhere from posters to clothing. I asked my recruiter but he doesn't have many things to give out so if anyone can give me a website or a location near Inglewood CA were i can get free stuff, Thank you!

Nerd
04-06-11, 10:18 PM
Nothing is free. Go to sgtgrit.com or visit a military museum

PooleeGewarges
04-06-11, 10:32 PM
As Nerd said, nothing is free. Sgtgrit.com has many Marine Corps shirts and accessories and posters. They also sell utility covers which I surprises me because how are nonMarines suppose to wear those.

AlexJH
04-06-11, 10:34 PM
go to your RS, in the back there should be boxes of stuff, ask your recruiter if you can have some of it... if they don't care it's now your free stuff.

SoonToBe3521
04-07-11, 01:08 AM
My Recruiter doesn't have anything either, the old Recruiter took everything with him. Ebay's got some pretty cheap stuff, and usmcblues.com has some moto shirts and whatnot. I got some covers on ebay for incredibly cheap, but SgtGrit has a lot of good stuff too. Hell, they have everything down to Marine Corps toilet paper. Legit, it has EGAs on it.

Kevin691
04-07-11, 06:56 AM
Funny thing is Gewarges is you ship out the day before my birthday which I will be celebrating in boot camp. and thanks to u both

Nerd
04-07-11, 11:37 AM
go to your RS, in the back there should be boxes of stuff, ask your recruiter if you can have some of it... if they don't care it's now your free stuff.

How about you read the post, idiot? He said his recruiter does not have anything to give out

USMC Infantry
04-07-11, 12:39 PM
hi

achilles097
04-07-11, 01:51 PM
How about you read the post, idiot? He said his recruiter does not have anything to give out

Seriously, take this to PM's or something. Don't make another thread a pizzing match.

On topic...this isn't the Army. I respect them, but I don't agree with handing out tons of stuff like they do. I think I heard they might even have get a set of ACU's or those new uniforms. If you want "free" stuff, come out of boot camp a Marine.

C_Squash_D
04-07-11, 04:39 PM
I heard they give out free Marine Corps gear at bootcamp!!

AlexJH
04-07-11, 04:48 PM
Meh, they give you the poolee shirt when you enlist, good enough for me. I don't really feel the need to walk around going "hurr durr look at me everyone I'm enlisted". Because honestly, no one really cares... they think you're stupid, crazy, gonna get killed, whatever.

Honcho1010
04-07-11, 05:50 PM
Meh, they give you the poolee shirt when you enlist, good enough for me. I don't really feel the need to walk around going "hurr durr look at me everyone I'm enlisted". Because honestly, no one really cares... they think you're stupid, crazy, gonna get killed, whatever.

This is true. Most cute females dig Marines but other than that everyone, like Alex said, will think youll die.

Nerd
04-07-11, 05:51 PM
I heard they give out free Marine Corps gear at bootcamp!!

Nope. That's wrong too. Every bit of your gear at bootcamp will come out of your paycheck

I'd much rather voice my opinion here so everyone see's it, but, alrighty

This is true. Most cute females dig Marines but other than that everyone, like Alex said, will think youll die.

One thing you must know about that poolee, is that he generalizes everything based on what he knows, what he thinks he knows, and what he imagines up with his very strange mind.

Around my hometown, people are in awe of me being in the Marine Corps DEP. I have been approached tons of times by veterans and civilians and been given a handshake or a pat on the back accompanied with a "thank you for serving our country"

Kids at my school know me as "The Marine Kid" and a lot of them think it's badass.

Just because nobody likes AlexJH (which is not suprising) doesn't mean nobody likes other poolees.

Honcho1010
04-07-11, 05:57 PM
Ah nice. Glad you posted that, i remember i found out everything "issued" will come out my pay check. Go read about it yourself, guys.

I get the I will die bid all the times. They do find it badass and all and i am the only kid in my high school shipping for the rest of the year, my friends always say " your going to die, dont go!" lol. Its what ever though, we all the know the risk.

Nerd
04-07-11, 06:00 PM
Ah nice. Glad you posted that, i remember i found out everything "issued" will come out my pay check. Go read about it yourself, guys.

I get the I will die bid all the times. They do find it badass and all and i am the only kid in my high school shipping for the rest of the year, my friends always say " your going to die, dont go!" lol. Its what ever though, we all the know the risk.

I hate those damn kids who say that. The kinds of people who say that think that every swinging d*** in the military is a rifleman and nothing else. A buddy of mine is enlisting in the Air Force and people are begging him to be careful over in Afghanistan. Whatever. Freakin' idiots don't know what "POG" or "desk jockey" means, and I don't mean to insult you if you're not a POG, but seriously, enlistment doesn't equal death, it just equals possible danger

Honcho1010
04-07-11, 06:06 PM
Exactly dude. The closer i get to my ship date the more i hate it. It was once just a joke now its like an every other day thing.

RBrouse
04-07-11, 07:03 PM
I hate those damn kids who say that. The kinds of people who say that think that every swinging d*** in the military is a rifleman and nothing else. A buddy of mine is enlisting in the Air Force and people are begging him to be careful over in Afghanistan. Whatever. Freakin' idiots don't know what "POG" or "desk jockey" means, and I don't mean to insult you if you're not a POG, but seriously, enlistment doesn't equal death, it just equals possible danger

My uncle is in the air force and he is in intelligence, he just got back from Afghanistan a few months ago and his office got hit directly by a mortar he was eating at the time so he got lucky, and one of his best friends died from and IED when they were switching bases. so even POGs over there have the possibility of dieing. and if their friend is concerned for their safety you can't hold it against them but you also cant let it hold you back

Honcho1010
04-07-11, 07:05 PM
Dont you hate when people point out the exception after you make a statistical statement? I sure do. lol

DGarmo
04-07-11, 07:23 PM
I don't let those jackoffs get to me. I know that what we will go through is harder than most, if not everything, they will/can do.

I just heard two high school kids talking about how they're glad the he governemnt could shut down Friday. Saying, 'I'm glad the governement won't be getting paid. They screwed this country up!' This was at my Dad's grocery store so I didn't want to be to big of an a**hole. I told them the troops overseas won't get they're checks in time to support there families back home. They said 'whatever, its all for oil blah blah.' I ended with a **** you, have a nice day.

Honcho1010
04-07-11, 07:26 PM
Lets not even jack this guys thread and discuss WHY we are at war. Lets not even talk about WHAT IF we didn't establish our raw power throughout the world.

achilles097
04-07-11, 07:28 PM

My friend is a Marine MP, same graduating class as me, and everybody thinks he's going to be fighting. It's not that they (as in civilians) are actually idiots, but that's the way popular culture plays out the military. They don't portray other MOS's in video games or movies, just the ground pounders. I wouldn't blame the kids to be honest, especially if they mean well, i.e. "be careful over there". The ones filled with douchebaggery are the guys that are going around saying "you know you're going to die right?"

MunkyVsRobot
04-07-11, 07:29 PM
Besides your recruiter or if you have other Marine friends then you are SOL. I work with a retired Marine he gave me some Jar Head stickers and has a bucnha other Marine stickers. If they dont have too much stuff you are screwed unless you want to pay for it.

achilles097
04-07-11, 07:32 PM
I don't let those jackoffs get to me. I know that what we will go through is harder than most, if not everything, they will/can do.

I just heard two high school kids talking about how they're glad the he governemnt could shut down Friday. Saying, 'I'm glad the governement won't be getting paid. They screwed this country up!' This was at my Dad's grocery store so I didn't want to be to big of an a**hole. I told them the troops overseas won't get they're checks in time to support there families back home. They said 'whatever, its all for oil blah blah.' I ended with a **** you, have a nice day.

Without going into actual politics (as opposed to just news), the House of Representatives passed a bill that would fully fund the Department of Defense and eliminate the threat of delayed military pay for the rest of the fiscal year.

IHaveEGA843
04-07-11, 08:04 PM
Only thing I've gotten was a Marine lanyard for my badges for my job, a Marine mini football, and those Marine mags. I do like reading the mags so I like the fact that they give them out.

Got the plain ass dep shirt that I don't wear. Don't want any bumper stickers but you won't get much. If you want free goodies go hit the Army up. They have the money to blow on rucksacks and acu notepads.

MunkyVsRobot
04-07-11, 08:12 PM
I dont think anyone should really be looking for any Marine **** no shirts no stickers sure if you get them thats cool or what not but the EGA is all that matters. A T-Shirt doesnt make you a Marine, a sticker doesnt make you a Marine none of that crap makes you a Marine the only thing that makes you a Marine is to go out there and earn it.

Sure you are pretty super Motard ATM about enlisting use that as an outward expression you dont need to be all decked out in Marine gear to express that.

AlexJH
04-07-11, 10:26 PM
Nope. That's wrong too. Every bit of your gear at bootcamp will come out of your paycheck

I'd much rather voice my opinion here so everyone see's it, but, alrighty

One thing you must know about that poolee, is that he generalizes everything based on what he knows, what he thinks he knows, and what he imagines up with his very strange mind.

Around my hometown, people are in awe of me being in the Marine Corps DEP. I have been approached tons of times by veterans and civilians and been given a handshake or a pat on the back accompanied with a "thank you for serving our country"

Kids at my school know me as "The Marine Kid" and a lot of them think it's badass.

Just because nobody likes AlexJH (which is not suprising) doesn't mean nobody likes other poolees.

hahahaha good for you bro, I'm honestly impressed, can I shake your hand or do I not rate that?

I put the sticker on my car so people wouldn't have to ask me what I was doing after high school, but it fell off and I'm too lazy to replace it.

SoonToBe3521
04-08-11, 12:12 AM
The Army Recruiters back in the day let me raid their entire "merchandise room" whenever I wanted. Literally, it was a room specifically for Army stuff. Then when I decided the Marine Corps was what I wanted, I had to do two hours of cardio for a lanyard, and 40 weird pushup type things for a dogtag with an EGA on it. Free doesn't exist in our RSS.

AlexJH
04-08-11, 12:58 AM
Yeah but they're generally worthless pieces of swag, they should give that out like candy. They give you that stuff to draw in more contracts... from kids who see you wearing that stuff out in town.

MunkyVsRobot
04-08-11, 05:47 AM
Haha all i have to do is ask for something, hell when i got back from the meps they gave me a water bottle, llike 3 lanyards, a few caribeaners and like 3 shirts. And also gave me the advice that if I stuck the Marine sticker on the back of my car it might help me get out of a ticket.

IHaveEGA843
04-08-11, 05:57 AM
The Army Recruiters back in the day let me raid their entire "merchandise room" whenever I wanted. Literally, it was a room specifically for Army stuff. Then when I decided the Marine Corps was what I wanted, I had to do two hours of cardio for a lanyard, and 40 weird pushup type things for a dogtag with an EGA on it. Free doesn't exist in our RSS.

I had to go get my birth cert some time ago and I went to a different RS to fax it to my RS. They had the new issue of the Marine mag and the recruiter said, "you know that isn't free right?" and I said, "What do I have to do to earn it?" He just looked at me and laughed then said its cool man you can have it I just wanted to see what you would say.

I would've done some push ups for it or even sit ups. **** would'nt have killed me.

RojasM
04-08-11, 10:13 AM
Come on people, don't fight amongst yourselves, Their is no point in waisting time and getting mad over some kid that doesn't know what hes talking about.

AlexJH
04-08-11, 10:38 AM
We're not fighting broseph...

IHaveEGA843
04-08-11, 11:18 AM
Come on people, don't fight amongst yourselves, Their is no point in waisting time and getting mad over some kid that doesn't know what hes talking about.

Waste

Done Per SoftballCatch....

Thanks

Nerd
04-08-11, 11:56 AM

Back when I was working at a game store there was someone chatting about how the troops are terrible and he was basing his opinion off this one soldier or Marine he met (can't remember which branch) and he told his buddy that he hoped that soldier would get shot over in the 'stan. So I kicked him out and told him never to come back. My manager didn't mind

Nerd
04-08-11, 11:59 AM
hahahaha good for you bro, I'm honestly impressed, can I shake your hand or do I not rate that?

No you do not rate touching me, half-ass poolee

ChrrySkoal
04-08-11, 04:09 PM

Yah I get that bull all the time...they just don't relize that Marines don't die they get promoted!:flag:
As for free stuff nahh, go to grunt.com best site out there, just don't be buying suff and flashing it around if haven't earn the right to be doing so.

AlexJH
04-08-11, 11:33 PM
yeah, thou mad

DudefromDiego
04-09-11, 01:47 PM
Air is free. So is sunlight. If you want free schwag, go to the Army. When I went to MEPS, all the Army kids had their backpacks, hats, and "Army strong" shirts. All they were missing were the ACU's and a beret. Some of these kids were even saying Hooah. I'm not one to defend the Army much, but even that seems wrong. But hey, it's their branch, their rules.

Nerd
04-09-11, 03:12 PM
Air is free. So is sunlight. If you want free schwag, go to the Army. When I went to MEPS, all the Army kids had their backpacks, hats, and "Army strong" shirts. All they were missing were the ACU's and a beret. Some of these kids were even saying Hooah. I'm not one to defend the Army much, but even that seems wrong. But hey, it's their branch, their rules.

The United States Army recruits on the basis that once you join, you are awesome. You are considered a soldier upon completing MEPS, and can even be refered to as Private. In the US Army, nothing is earned. nothing. Everything is handed right to you on a silver platter

Honcho1010
04-09-11, 04:46 PM
That may sound like an exaggeration but its true. That's why I don't understand these basic infantrymen who think they're basses in the army, why not join the Marines? I've met 2 guys who didn't qualify but most of them simply choose the army.

IHaveEGA843
04-09-11, 05:09 PM
I know the Army and Marine Corps go at it at times but I give them respect just like I give the Marines respect and it follows down to the Air Force, Navy, and EVEN the Coast Guard.

Last weekend I went to weigh myself and the Recruiters had the Poolees on a 3-miler so I stuck around waiting. The Army Recruiter came back with his Poolees *I guess thats what you call them* from running the 1.5 and he was straight up disgusted. I became a guest speaker to them because he was embarrased that the Marines passed them running in formation while calling cadence. He had me tell them about my challenges of weight lost just to DEP in and how it takes heart and motivation to get where you need to be and surpass.

That made me look at that Army Recruiter differently because he was giving the Marine Recruiters and Poolees much respect for how they work out during PT's.

Anyways, when I went in to the Army RS to use their scale THEY HAD SO MUCH FREE **** TO GIVE OUT. One kid came in and got a fancy alum water bottle and said "awesome!" as he left out, I just chuckled as I walked out. Man the Army had boxes of **** laying around.

Also the Army has the biggest RS's also I've noticed. I think we have the smallest and theres another Marine RS that is shared with the Air Force.

Today I went to the RS to weigh in again and saw the ****ing Air Force has a clean ass Peter Bilet Semi Truck. I just laughed and proceeded to go in my RS.

Shows who has money to blow.

ChrrySkoal
04-15-11, 09:17 AM
Face it the Marine Corps. is the best branch because it teaches so many values and a whole hellv a ton more. J.J. DID TIE BUCKLE! Nothing is handed out it is earned! Haha just getting a little motovatied over here!:flag:

MunkyVsRobot
04-15-11, 06:59 PM
While I do agree that the Marine Corps is the best branch please also do remember in the same note it isnt the best branch. Service is service is service, respect should be shown to all who serve in the service from Airmen to Seamen they should all be given the utmost respect.

The thing I like about the Marines is it is a brotherhood and at least for the most part have a different sort of respect and they seem to have a feel from what america used to be like and should be like.

But I honestly think every branch should be respected as they all help one another, for intel you go to a Naval base, for sniper school I believe you go to an Army base so as i said before Service is Service is Service.

My younger brother tried to join the Marines as I am doing but he has some tattoos so his next choice was to go Army, and if i ever hear anyone giving him crap about his decision to go Army I will lose my cool. He is making the decision to enlist the same as I and the same as all of you in the middle of a friggin war. Everyone enlisting at this time should be shown the utmost of respect.

Remember a bullet and the enemy doesnt care which flag you fly which branch of service you join wether you say Semper Fidelis or Hoorah at the end of the day the mission is the same to keep America safe and out of harms way.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but it has been something weighing on my shoulders the past few weeks.

Dutch 44
04-15-11, 07:34 PM

Hahahahahahah

PooleeGewarges
04-15-11, 10:43 PM
Hahahahahahah

:thumbdown

Dutch 44
04-15-11, 11:49 PM
it was just a tad ironic he makes a statement like that and then talks about how nothing is earned in the army....like he has any clue to begin with.

But good thing he earned his praise and respect....

hooah motivator, hooah

IHaveEGA843
04-16-11, 03:14 PM
^^^^^I don't understand......please explain

achilles097
04-16-11, 05:03 PM
^^^^^I don't understand......please explain

The kid Dutch44 quoted in page 3...basically was stroking his own ego by saying a bunch of people "praise" him. talked mad smack about the Army saying nothing is earned.

I really don't care if he's called the "Marine kid" by his peers or patted on the back by some old veterans. But don't be talking down an entire branch Nerd like you know what your talking about.

robbyj
04-16-11, 05:29 PM
it was just a tad ironic he makes a statement like that and then talks about how nothing is earned in the army....like he has any clue to begin with.

But good thing he earned his praise and respect....

hooah motivator, hooah

Isn't "hooah" an Army thing?

robbyj
04-16-11, 07:01 PM
Isn't "hooah" an Army thing?

Disregard this post, did not read full post, epic fail on my part.:thumbdown

Lisa 23
04-16-11, 09:27 PM

What bothers me about this post is that you don't even bother to mention to those who are patting you on the back or giving you a handshake for "serving our country", is that you haven't even made it through boot camp, let alone "serve our country" yet.....

It's great that you are volunteering to join, but don't take "thanks" for something you haven't done yet in "serving our country".

Oh, and free Marine Corps gear....if there is any "free Marine Corps gear" to be handed out, it should go to Marines, not wannabes or poolees.....the Marines "EARNED IT".

Sgt Leprechaun
04-16-11, 09:52 PM
Concur. Lets not start patting ourselves on the arse just quite yet, shall we? Yes, you've stepped up and done something most people your age have NOT, and for that, good on ya.

But until you are wearing that EGA, that is ALL you have done. Remember that.

Closed for the good of the order.