PDA

View Full Version : How large is your pool?

PooleeGewarges
04-06-11, 09:14 PM
Our station currently has 56 poolees DEPed in. We have an average of 15-25 poolees that show up to PT twice a week. How about the rest of you?

Nerd
04-06-11, 09:29 PM
My pool (Fairfax RSS, in Virginia) has 3 recruiters, and a squad for each of them. Each squad has a squad leader, and has anywhere from 7 to 15 poolees. The number who show up to PT are varried, and only 1st and 2nd squad PT together. For some reason, 3rd squad likes to PT on their own elsewhere.

I'm part of 2nd squad. BEST SQUAD! lol

PooleeGewarges
04-06-11, 09:47 PM
Sounds nice. We do things differently. We have the guide and four poolee squad leaders. Each squad contains 15+ poolees. Roll call varies too with us because some people have work or lame excuses.

All squads pt at the same time, and it is rare for recruiters to run pt (but they do yell and give us instructions and teach us things) but it is not rare for recruiters to THRASH THE HELL out of us and kill bodies.
Pt is always Tuesdays and Thursdays, but it will change soon to Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Nerd
04-06-11, 09:56 PM
yea we got a guide too, brother. Forgot about that bit. Our recruiters quite often run PT, and it's on Monday and Wednesday at 1700, and on Saturday at 0800. Right now there are quite a few infantry Marines back from Parris Island (4 of them, actually). a PFC and 3 Pvts. They have been running Parris Island style PT for us these past few weeks. They're stuck on recruiter's assistance

PooleeGewarges
04-06-11, 10:03 PM
The days that Marines come back from RT or MCT/SOI are great days when it comes to PT.

I was really motivated one day when one Marine actually told me that I was better at being the guide at my station than his actual guide at boot camp.

Nerd
04-06-11, 10:05 PM
That definatly must have rocked to hear! I had a staff sergeant tell me that I was "born" to be a Marine, and that made me swell with pride because i've always been told that Marines are made, not born

PooleeGewarges
04-06-11, 10:29 PM
That definatly must have rocked to hear! I had a staff sergeant tell me that I was "born" to be a Marine, and that made me swell with pride because i've always been told that Marines are made, not born

Thats good to hear. Once again, you do ship out the same date as my friend at school. By the time you have about 3 or 4 more days of your 10 day break, I should be back from Recruit Training.

Tbrown10
04-07-11, 06:12 AM
maybe 10?

achilles097
04-07-11, 07:20 AM
We don't even have squads or guides in a pool of 30+. There's two recruiters, one Infantry and another Aviation mechanic, both like to PT with us and almost always do. About 20 show up to PT.

Nerd
04-07-11, 08:54 AM
Our pool claims PT is not optional, even though we know it is. But we mostly show up anyway. Every second saturday of the month we have a special poolee function. They are things like paintball, House of Pain (a super hard workout), a CFT, things like that. They are very fun. I've been to Quantico several times because of it.

SoonToBe3521
04-07-11, 09:36 AM
We have 6, and sadly that's over like 4 towns. My Recruiter handles pretty much our entire county.

Nerd
04-07-11, 11:35 AM
Whoa. Where do you live, brother?

Gale
04-07-11, 11:51 AM
We have 16 Poolees. They consists of a guide, and 3 squad leaders. We also have backup squad leaders to take place if needed. Our recruiters run PT, the guide is just a motivator, instructor, enforcer, and errand boy.

USMC Infantry
04-07-11, 12:40 PM
20 Poolees. Pool function once a month (wtf)

Honcho1010
04-07-11, 01:07 PM
20 Poolees. Pool function once a month (wtf)

Same. Is once a month awkward?

We have about 45 Poolees though. Only 5 guys at the most for PT twice a week. Small town between New Orelans and the bigger RSS in Hammond.

Domc
04-07-11, 01:32 PM
quite a few shipped so not sure the number now but 50~ poolees, pt 4 times a week, a function every 2nd saturday.

C_Squash_D
04-07-11, 04:42 PM
I would say about 30 poolees at our station. PT is 4 times a week (not many show up), pool function is once a month (20 poolees usually show up).

IHaveEGA843
04-07-11, 07:55 PM
I don't even really know to tell you the truth of how many poolees there are. I really don't associate with them much due to the maturity level issues.

Reg PT is held every thusday and Saturday. I don't go due to work and I workout daily.

Sometimes if I pop up and have to just been seen an weigh in I'll be dragged into pt by other poolees. My recruiter doesn't care because he knows I can run the ist with ease. I might start going on saturdays just to get in on the 3 mile run they do sometimes.

All they do is run to this field, drill, then play football or go to the naval base and play basketball.

AlexJH
04-07-11, 10:31 PM
25 x 12.5 yards

SoonToBe3521
04-08-11, 12:07 AM
Wow, you guys have a lot of Poolees compared to us. Evidently Oregon just wasn't meant to have a lot of Marines, lol. We have 6 Poolees in our COUNTY. Only one Recruiter in our station, covering like 3 or 4 towns.

PooleeGewarges
04-08-11, 07:14 AM
25 x 12.5 yards

Yes, your a brainless slug.

AlexJH
04-08-11, 10:41 AM
thou mad at thy joke brethren?

robbyj
04-08-11, 11:20 AM
Our station currently has 56 poolees DEPed in. We have an average of 15-25 poolees that show up to PT twice a week. How about the rest of you?

RSS Wilmington has about 25 poolees, and about 4-7 show up to PT. Which is why we get our butts whooped at each pool function.

AlexJH
04-08-11, 11:28 PM
lol tru dat... our poolee PT is mostly a d*ck waving contest instead of just a workout.

At pool functions everyone is equally a piece of sh*t, that's the way I like it. Kinda hard to wave your d*ck around at other poolees when your recruiters are smashing it with a sledgehammer..

DudefromDiego
04-09-11, 01:08 AM
In theory, we have about 40 or so poolees (RSS Clairemont, San Diego, CA) but only 19-24 or so of us show up to our PT sessions. I used to like going to them when they were on saturday mornings, but now that they are on thursday, I thoroughly hate it.

Derreck
04-14-11, 10:48 PM
You guys should come pt with us in baton rouge ! 50+ poolies Monday wednesday and Friday we have about 6-14 for pt Tuesday and Thursday's we have around 25. Master Sergent makes our workouts and a Marines on RA run it if Master Sergent decides not to. The workouts are around 3hrs and super intense :) we get the demons outta you. long.
Same. Is once a month awkward?

We have about 45 Poolees though. Only 5 guys at the most for PT twice a week. Small town between New Orelans and the bigger RSS in Hammond.

PooleeHarrawood
04-29-11, 04:45 PM
We have about 20 poolees, two squad leaders and one guide (aka poolee first class lol) we meet twice a week at the station and on saturday at a park.

jeonpaolo
05-09-11, 05:38 PM
Our station has about 46 poolees. theres 4-5 recruiters. We only have a guide (me). pt is monday- thursdays at 1400. most of the time recruiters pt with us on thursdays but mondays-wednesdays its pretty much me running pt lol. generally we have around 10 show up on thursdays and an avergae of 5 on the other days. its gotten better now but in the fall theres used to be days where it was only me and one other dude showing up lol. when i joined last june though there used to be 25 ppl at pt on thursdays idk what happened after that haha

SheDevilPup
05-09-11, 06:43 PM
We've got 3 recruiters, a guide, and two squad leaders. I think we have like... 15 - 20 people in the DEP and then a handful of "guests" that come and PT with us every week.

jeonpaolo
05-09-11, 10:37 PM
^ SheDevilPup, just saw your ship date and all I can say is I feel sorry for you lol. Ive been waiting since June to ship out now, I know how much it can suck.

SheDevilPup
05-09-11, 10:51 PM
^ SheDevilPup, just saw your ship date and all I can say is I feel sorry for you lol. Ive been waiting since June to ship out now, I know how much it can suck.
Well, that's what happens when you DEP in at the end of your Junior year of high school. lol

I don't care. 10 months of time to finish school, lose some pounds, and work for a near perfect IST score. Can't complain.

EDIT:

Oh by the way. There are A LOT of poolees in our office shipping to SD the same day as you so if you get a few guys from Santa Barbara in your platoon don't be surprised. lol

We're losing like.. 75% of our pool this summer because they're all shipping out between the end of May and the end of August.

jeonpaolo
05-09-11, 10:58 PM
haha cant agree with you more. waiting that extra month sure helped me out alot. went from 1 pullup to 18 :) But unfortunately I didnt get to choose to wait that long, im just still in school trying to finish my senior year.
And yea haha same with our pool they are all gonna be gone in the summer like me. 62 more days @1493 more hours lol yes im that motivated i know the hour too ;)

SheDevilPup
05-09-11, 10:59 PM
25 x 12.5 yards
LOL.