PDA

View Full Version : Marine Sgt. Takes Sniper Round To The Head;

donc
04-05-11, 08:37 PM
http://bigpeace.com/files/2011/04/040511mc_headshot1_800.jpg

One tough Marine...<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->But of course in the ole Corps we would have bit the filter off of the cigarette. :D

<Smokes A Cigarette 15 Minutes Later>

<Manning the top of a compound south of Sangin, Afghanistan, Sgt. Paul Boothroyd III took a sniper round to the head. He landed face down onto the muddy roof with a thud. >

<“It was a one-in-a-million shot that the sniper was even able to hit me,” he said in an interview with Marine Corps Times, “and a one-in-a-million chance that the bullet didn’t destroy my brain. It wasn’t my time.”>

<It was like being hit by a train,” he recalled. “I remember what I was doing. I remember being hit, then I was face down in the mud on top of the building. I really wasn’t terribly concerned because I could hear bullets whipping above me, but I still had the presence of mind not to stand up. I thought, ‘Well, I don’t have any brain damage, at least at this point.’ ”>

http://bigpeace.com/pschweizer/2011/04/05/marine-sgt-takes-sniper-round-to-the-head-smokes-a-cigarette-15-minutes-later/

BauerBrat
04-05-11, 10:22 PM
"One tough Marine...But of course in the ole Corps we would have bit the filter off of the cigarette"

Really? So how much combat did you see old salt? About as much as me? None

<dl class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><dt class="shade">Duty Stations</dt><dd>MCRD/ San Diego
Camp Pendelton
29 palms
Camp Matthews</dd><dt class="shade">Year Entered Marine corps</dt><dd>1956</dd><dt class="shade">Year Exited Marine Corps</dt><dd>1960</dd></dl>

Old Corps, give me a break. Even the boys who fought in Nam know they could not be considered Old Corps. Read your damn history Marines

Semper Fi even to the turds

doc h fmf
04-05-11, 10:31 PM
HE MUST OF HAD A GOOD CORPSMAN

SEMPER FI

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

USNAviator
04-05-11, 10:35 PM
HE MUST OF HAD A GOOD CORPSMAN

SEMPER FI

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

Absolutely Doc, only the best!!!!

Fair winds Doc

doc h fmf
04-05-11, 10:37 PM
THANK YOU SIR
FAIR WINDS SIR

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 fmf

donc
04-05-11, 10:41 PM
"One tough Marine...But of course in the ole Corps we would have bit the filter off of the cigarette"

Really? So how much combat did you see old salt? About as much as me? None

<dl class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><dt class="shade">Duty Stations</dt><dd>MCRD/ San Diego
Camp Pendelton
29 palms
Camp Matthews</dd><dt class="shade">Year Entered Marine corps</dt><dd>1956</dd><dt class="shade">Year Exited Marine Corps</dt><dd>1960</dd></dl>

Old Corps, give me a break. Even the boys who fought in Nam know they could not be considered Old Corps. Read your damn history Marines

Semper Fi even to the turds

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->I sure hope I don’t ever lose my sense of humor; what about you Sarge?