PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been robbed before?

Burke7051
04-04-11, 08:25 PM
Happened to me and my wife last night. I took Lexi out to dinner for her birthday yesterday, and when we came back, our apartment had been broken into. The fvckers took our DVD player, her laptop, my Wii, a lot of our CDs & DVDs, some of the wife's jewelry, 2 of my watches, and my iPod. But the thing that gets me the most is that the fvckers took my NCO sword I got in the Corps off the wall of the living room. I am so angry about this. HOW DARE THEY BREAK INTO MY HOME. We are moving to a different apartment or a house else where. I am not going to continues to live where we live much longer. The Phoenix Police claims that there isn't much that can be done, and that the stuff probably won't be found.

Sorry for the rant, but its got me so dam angry. Has this happened to any of you before?

I HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN ROBBED BEFORE, ITS SO MESSED UP :mad:

sparkie
04-04-11, 08:28 PM
Shet happens,,,,,, I was robbed when I got married 40 years ago. Just kidding,,,,,, sorry for your loss. Hope you hunt the Bastads down.

caat31
04-04-11, 08:33 PM
I got robbed at gun point on my way to my car

VictoryttBold
04-04-11, 08:33 PM
:flag:Most likely junkies. Check out the local pawn shops for your stuff. Don't expect anything from the police.

USNAviator
04-04-11, 08:44 PM
Derek

So sorry this has happened to you and your wife. Hopefully she's doing OK. This type of thing can be very upsetting

sparkie
04-04-11, 08:47 PM
I got robbed at gun point on my way to my car

I truly wish you had the oppurnity to shove that gun up his azz. Oh, well,,,,,, can't always happen.

VictoryttBold
04-04-11, 08:48 PM
:iwo:I would bet that the sword shows up at a pawn shop.

caat31
04-04-11, 08:59 PM
I truly wish you had the oppurnity to shove that gun up his azz. Oh, well,,,,,, can't always happen.

It's funny because I posted on another thread about this earlier. After he got 2o bucks from me he wanted my phone, I slapped the gun out of my face and told him he was out of his damn mind. He got scared and ran off, so I started to case him to get my wallet back. He threw my wallet in the street and ran away calling me crazy. Had to be one of the funniest things i've ever seen.

sparkie
04-04-11, 09:02 PM
It's funny because I posted on another thread about this earlier. After he got 2o bucks from me he wanted my phone, I slapped the gun out of my face and told him he was out of his damn mind. He got scared and ran off, so I started to case him to get my wallet back. He threw my wallet in the street and ran away calling me crazy. Had to be one of the funniest things i've ever seen.

Fanfriggintastic.......

benw2200
04-04-11, 09:07 PM
I hate people who steal from other people. I realize any kind of theft is wrong, but I almost feel as if stealing from a fellow person (as opposed to grabbing a dvd from Wal-mart or what have you) is twice as bad.. it's basically like saying f*ck you, I have zero respect for you as a person. If anyone ever broke into my house while I was home, I promise the ruger by my nightstand would make them wish they didn't.

hbharrison
04-04-11, 09:10 PM
Happened to me and my wife last night. I took Lexi out to dinner for her birthday yesterday, and when we came back, our apartment had been broken into. The fvckers took our DVD player, her laptop, my Wii, a lot of our CDs & DVDs, some of the wife's jewelry, 2 of my watches, and my iPod. But the thing that gets me the most is that the fvckers took my NCO sword I got in the Corps off the wall of the living room. I am so angry about this. HOW DARE THEY BREAK INTO MY HOME. We are moving to a different apartment or a house else where. I am not going to continues to live where we live much longer. The Phoenix Police claims that there isn't much that can be done, and that the stuff probably won't be found.

Sorry for the rant, but its got me so dam angry. Has this happened to any of you before?

Derek, sorry to hear this cr*p happened to you. Got a question for you does Phoenix PD or Someone there have a crime hot tips hot line, if they do it may be worth talking to them about a reward for the return or capture of these jackwads, just thinken !!!

SlingerDun
04-04-11, 10:32 PM
Yep, sucks hind tit. Had an arm load of tools and forge jacked from my rig three times. About the only thing vile trash don't steal is THE ANVIL!? and they can get pretty spendy
What absolutely frosts my nuts is the loss of hand tools that cannot be replaced because the makers are deceased. and knowing that some tweaker only received a few bucks for quality items i saved up to buy and fine tuned over years of use

hopeful94
04-04-11, 10:56 PM
Hey I see you're planning on moving if you need any info on some of the areas PM me, IDK if you're new to PHX or not..

Burke7051
04-05-11, 04:00 AM
I am going to look around at some of the pawn shops later and see if they have anything, but I'm not gonna hold my dam breath. The wife is ok, she's upset about the jewelry since some of it was her late grandma's that she left to her.

As far as how long I've lived in Phoenix, I've lived here for 2 years nearly. We are looking at places in either Scottsdale in the Northeast Valley or out in Surprise or Peoria in the Northwest Valley. We are aiming more for Surprise since its pretty close to work for us both.

Other thing is, I don't own a gun of any kind, but I'm seriously reconsidering it...

advanced
04-05-11, 05:30 AM
Most large police dept's have a pawn shop squad. Because these kinds of thefts are quite frequently pawned out, this police squad continuously checks the pawn shops for stolen property. Serial numbers help a lot. Your NCO sword should stand out. Was there a serial number on it, provide the cops with as much unique description as possible.

USNAviator
04-05-11, 07:36 AM
Derek

I think Surprise would be a good fit for you and you wife. With it's mixture of young families, good school system and Sun City Grand, you should be able to find a safe and affordable place to live

As far as the theft, along with pawn shops I'd check Ebay and Craig's List, especially for the NCO sword. To some that's a collectible

Zulu 36
04-05-11, 09:01 AM
Most large police dept's have a pawn shop squad. Because these kinds of thefts are quite frequently pawned out, this police squad continuously checks the pawn shops for stolen property. Serial numbers help a lot. Your NCO sword should stand out. Was there a serial number on it, provide the cops with as much unique description as possible.

Most states require all pawns to be recorded on a form, often with a thumb print of the pawner. Copies of those forms have to be forwarded to the local PD in which the shop is located and sometimes a copy to the PD where the pawner lives (if it isn't the same town).

Big PDs can afford Pawn Details. Small PDs can't. My old department couldn't, although all pawn forms were circulated around the DB for the guys to check over in the event something from one of their cases popped out. Sometimes it happened. We also kept the pawn forms in big binders for later reference.

Normally we advised folks to visit the nearby pawn shops themselves as they were most likely to recognize their own property quickly. I suggest that you do this. Get the name of the detective who has your case and call him directly if you find any of your stuff at a pawn shop.

Honest pawn shops (and there are some) can smell stolen property a mile away and won't touch the stuff, or they will try to stall the customer while they call the police. Several (ex) Detroit Public Schools employees recently got nailed exactly this way trying to sell stolen school district iPads to a major Detroit area pawn shop.

Here is a B&E case with a really nice ending to cheer you up. There were several Mafiosi who lived in my town. Full-fledged made men. One of them had his house broken into and well looted. We took the report (and knew the homeowner was claiming more stolen than really was, but...). The MO matched one of our regular B&E men who just got out of prison and the EvTechs picked up a couple of prints that matched our suspect.

We snatched him up on the B&E and arraigned him. Of course his name appeared in the newspaper. About a week after his preliminary exam (he was out on bail - judges can be so stupid), we got a call to meet EMS and found our boy beaten damned near to death. He didn't know who beat him, except whoever it was told him he better not be seen in that Mafioso's neighborhood ever again or he'll be dead.

Our boy plead guilty on the nose to the B&E and happily went back to prison.

For some reason we never found the perpetrators of that terrible beating. Maybe it was from lack of trying?

Old Marine
04-05-11, 09:55 AM
Really does not matter these days where you live. These punks abound everywhere and will strike when you least expect it. The majority of the time they are on the prowl for drug money. Most of them are so damn stupid they can't pour water out of a boot before putting it on.

hopeful94
04-05-11, 12:25 PM
I live in Surprise so if you have any questions let me know...

A Co Legal
04-05-11, 01:30 PM
Check swap meets and craigslist for your sword and other stuff. Some scum were recently arrested for posting the stuff on C-list.

Hope you find some of your stuff.

SlingerDun
04-05-11, 03:23 PM
Most states require all pawns to be recorded on a form, often with a thumb print of the pawner. Copies of those forms have to be forwarded to the local PD in which the shop is located and sometimes a copy to the PD where the pawner lives (if it isn't the same town).

Big PDs can afford Pawn Details. Small PDs can't. My old department couldn't, although all pawn forms were circulated around the DB for the guys to check over in the event something from one of their cases popped out. Sometimes it happened. We also kept the pawn forms in big binders for later reference.

Normally we advised folks to visit the nearby pawn shops themselves as they were most likely to recognize their own property quickly. I suggest that you do this. Get the name of the detective who has your case and call him directly if you find any of your stuff at a pawn shop.

Honest pawn shops (and there are some) can smell stolen property a mile away and won't touch the stuff, or they will try to stall the customer while they call the police. Several (ex) Detroit Public Schools employees recently got nailed exactly this way trying to sell stolen school district iPads to a major Detroit area pawn shop.

Here is a B&E case with a really nice ending to cheer you up. There were several Mafiosi who lived in my town. Full-fledged made men. One of them had his house broken into and well looted. We took the report (and knew the homeowner was claiming more stolen than really was, but...). The MO matched one of our regular B&E men who just got out of prison and the EvTechs picked up a couple of prints that matched our suspect.

We snatched him up on the B&E and arraigned him. Of course his name appeared in the newspaper. About a week after his preliminary exam (he was out on bail - judges can be so stupid), we got a call to meet EMS and found our boy beaten damned near to death. He didn't know who beat him, except whoever it was told him he better not be seen in that Mafioso's neighborhood ever again or he'll be dead.

Our boy plead guilty on the nose to the B&E and happily went back to prison.

For some reason we never found the perpetrators of that terrible beating. Maybe it was from lack of trying?Here they include a digital photo of the pawner with the paperwork, no thumb print as of two years ago

Quinbo
04-05-11, 03:48 PM
Was the sword made by WKC? If so there is a serial number on the spine and if you contact them the can tell you what the serial number is on the one you purchased. Of course serial numbers can be filed off but an ignorant thief wouldn't even know where to look for the number. This part is hind sight but my sword is engraved as well.

USNAviator
04-05-11, 05:24 PM
Had a laptop stolen a few years ago. Finally bought a new one right after Christmas. This one comes with LoJac. Every time it's turned on it sends out a signal. If this one is stolen all I have to do is call LoJac and they track it and call the police

SlingerDun
04-05-11, 05:33 PM
Just got an update from a customer who is co-owner of "Hawkeye Trading Post". He corrected me on the thumb print and said the guy should have required mine last time i sold an item at a pawn shop because it has been required for around ten years. And all daily receipts are downloaded to the police department along with the sellers digital photo

He also said it's much easier in theory to locate and reclaim stolen property.

~Good Luck

Hawk7051
04-05-11, 06:18 PM
Sorry Burke. I hope justice is yours.

Marine84
04-06-11, 06:35 PM
Yep, happened to me a time or 2 - car got broken into in CA and house was broken into when I first moved here in 93. It's a bad feeling to know that somebody you don't even know has gone through your stuff. What's even worse is when a cop wants to give ME $h!t about a loaded rifle hanging on the wall behind the front door (where the thief came through). The following weekend, I found the Max Man (my Shephard that I had for 13 years) and never had another problem.

I feel for ya. Good luck getting anything back.

Osotogary
04-06-11, 09:30 PM
Had the condominium broken in a number of years ago. The thieves didn't take my underwear with holes in them. Dammmm, them!!
Seriously, it wasn't a fun experience. Hope that the MFer's are caught and brought to justice and that you get as much as you can back to you.

Burke7051
04-06-11, 11:42 PM
Thanks everyone, the sword does have a serial number on it, and I gave the cops it, I had it written on the receipt. Hopefully everything works out in my favor.

Borknagar
04-07-11, 12:42 AM
The pawn shop is the best way to go, and if you prove it's yours you could get it back....

Sorry for the sheize... it happens! :(

Burke7051
04-21-11, 05:07 PM
Well the cops found the 2 thugs who robbed us. One is 34 the other is 27. They were trying to sell some of the stuff at a pawn shop in Mesa. The cops haven't recovered everything (including my NCO sword sadly). But hey, at least the dudes were caught.

drillinstructor
04-21-11, 05:51 PM
Glad to hear these bastards were caught. Hope your items return. Now you probably have court dates ahead of you......

USNAviator
04-21-11, 06:41 PM
Well the cops found the 2 thugs who robbed us. One is 34 the other is 27. They were trying to sell some of the stuff at a pawn shop in Mesa. The cops haven't recovered everything (including my NCO sword sadly). But hey, at least the dudes were caught.

Good and bad news I guess Cpl. Glad they caught the turds that robbed you but sorry nothing was recovered.

Now if the local LEO's can catch the joker who walked off with my wallet and lap top on Monday, I'd be very happy. I know I'm not getting anything back.

SgtMcCrory
04-21-11, 07:18 PM

i've had my car robbed 3 times i think. one time they didn't even steal anything. they just ripped out my ignition system trying to hot wire it. cost 100 for the tow truck and 900 to fix the ignition system.

i'm out 2400 in car break ins easy

rb1651
04-21-11, 07:54 PM
Glad to hear they at least got caught. Now, if it was me, when I went to court, I'd know what they looked like and where they lived. 'Nough said. ;)

VictoryttBold
04-21-11, 08:44 PM
:iwo:It would be a shame if these two had a real bad accident.

Tun Tavern
04-21-11, 09:50 PM
Yes, I've been robbed before and I felt completely violated. Mainly because they stole some of my kids' things as well.

I sincerely hope that you are able to recover your NCO sword and your wife's family jewels. I'm ****ed for you. These things meant nothing to them but drugs & dollar signs and were obviously special to you and your wife.

May these thugs become some Bubba's girlfriends in jail.

Tennessee Top
04-21-11, 10:07 PM
I'm glad they got caught and hope you get your gear back. But, we all know they'll be right back out on the street doing the same stuff...that's all they know.

I bought an ADT sign at a flea market and stuck it in front of my house. Don't actually have an ADT security system but the punks don't know that. Worked so far; there have been a number of homes broken into around the nieghborhood except for mine...knock on wood.

VictoryttBold
04-21-11, 10:09 PM
:iwo:A big dog is your best deterrent.

kaelobo
04-21-11, 11:07 PM
thats a bummer bro , some fu*ken punks broke into my camper stole my best fishing rod and reel and tackle, awhile back ...........s/f

doc h fmf
04-21-11, 11:07 PM
I FELT LIKE AN IDIOT WHEN I WAS ROBBED BUT I WENT WITH MY GUT FEELING > MY CAR WAS STOLEN BUT IT WAS RECOVERED THAT DAY < IT WAS MY FAULT BECAUSE I DIDNT PUT ON THE STEERING WHEEL CLUB I ALWAYS PUT IT ON SINCE I WORKED IN A BAD NEIGHBOR HOOD MY CAR DIDNT HAVE THAT MUCH GAS SO IT DIDNT GO FAR ONLY 4miles from my job, IWAS RUNNING LATE FOR WORK AND SO I WAS GOING TO GET IT ON THE WAY HOME, THEY FOUND MY CARE 4MILES FROM MY JOB AND THEN THOUGHT TO MY SELF I PROBABLY WONT HAD GOTTEN MY CARE BACK IF I FILLED THE TANK THAT NIGHT. SO EVERYTHING WEORKED OUT GREAT

SEMPER FI

STEHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

MD8724
04-22-11, 12:00 PM
My apartment was broken into in college. Luckily, we were too poor to own anything. They took some dishes, my buddies xbox, and a **** load of dvd cases. Luckily, we kept the dvds in a binder, so we still had all of the movies, lol.

I also had someone break into my truck and steal my CD player. This may sound weird, but they were actually nice about it at least. Didn't rip it out, and left the extra wires and screws in a little cup in my cup holder. Gentlemen theives, I must say.

03Foxtrot
04-22-11, 01:09 PM
Twenty tears ago, I left the house for only a short period and on return found my front door broken in. It had been raining and the thief left muddy footprints and I saw that he left through the back door and headed off into the woods. There had to be no more then perhaps a thirty minute head start and I knew there were a few houses under construction near me, this is who I suspected, a slew of construction people continuously drove by the house daily. I followed the tracks, in the rain, with my S & W .357 revolver in my hand, but I was unable to find anyone. I did walk through several houses under construction with many workers there and I announced I had just been robbed and I was looking for the thief, but nobody knew anything or professed to not speak English. Called it in and did the police report, nothing ever recovered, no one caught and little help from the insurance company. The only real loss and the reason I took off through the woods was because the low-lives also took a chromed M-14 bayonet and dress white cover that my Dad had given me. It was on my bookshelf with my Viet-Nam medals, books and such, what my then wife called "my shrine." I felt violated, angry and dishonored and I guess its good that I never came across the thief that rainy day.

Semper Fi, Scott