PDA

View Full Version : Heart Murmur

Tookie22
04-04-11, 12:08 AM
Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,
My younger brother tried to enlist but the Dr. at MEPs found a "possible" heart murmur. The recruiter is helping him set up an appointment with a cardiologist, but im kinda being kept out of the loop. My question is, what happens now? Im guessing if the Dr clears him he'll be good to go but what happens if he does have a murmur? Any help woul be nice thanks for your time- Fig

Lisa 23
04-04-11, 07:00 AM
Heart Murmurs

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/heart-murmur-causes-treatments

benw2200
04-04-11, 09:19 PM
A heart murmur in itself could very well be harmless. I had one too, a civilian doctor found it before I even went to MEPS (overprotective parents made me get a physical before MEPS, typical...)

Anyway, I got referred to a cardiologist who looked at it and found that it was completely harmless. A murmur just means that your heart sounds a little different when it pumps, if your brother hasn't had any heart problems before it's most likely harmless.

Teddy
04-13-11, 01:17 PM
i have a heart murmur how long does this take for the waiver to be approved because i sent mine on April 7th, 2011 and i really wanna be a Marine but i need to wait for it to be approved

doc h fmf
04-13-11, 01:24 PM
HAVE HIM SEE THE CARDIOLOGIST AND GO FROM THERE.

GOOD LUCK

stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

Teddy
04-14-11, 08:36 AM
what have who see the cardiolist? and im waiting on my waiver to be approved or not i sent it April 7th, 2011 and what u think my chances are being approved?

doc h fmf
04-14-11, 08:47 AM
teddy you need to see a heart doctor to see if you can join. TRUST ME!!!!

see a heart doctor so you can do the exercises because you guys do some strenuos exercises. BETTER TO BE SAVE THEN SORRY anyway goodluck

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

Sgt Leprechaun
04-15-11, 05:29 PM
Teddy, you are posting in the wrong area.