PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Monday. Good luck everyone.

raveux
04-02-11, 04:22 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been a pretty quiet lurker but I felt like saying something before I go because I'm sure there are some people who feel how I do.

I'm shipping out on 20110404 to MCRD-SD, and I wanted to give a few bits of inspiration to some of the guys here who are still in the DEP, or struggling to DEP in and lack some confidence. When I DEPed in about 2.5 months ago, these were my stats:

4 pull-ups
39 crunches
~12:40 1.5mile

I haven't improved much since then.

I'm still pretty weak, especially core-wise. I can pass the IST now, thankfully, and I hope that those stats might have made some people that are getting ready to go, feel better about their own performance. However to others, those stats may be even more disheartening. I admit that after looking at a bunch of people on here, I felt pretty intimidated too since they all seem to be in good shape while I wasn't. You might even feel the same about my stats. I know that even though I'm still pretty weak, I'll slug it out and eventually get through it all by giving 100%. You should feel the same.

However, this isn't really about me or them.

It's about you, specifically. After all, you're here because you want to be a Marine right?

Do what you can do, and to the best of your ability. As people have said before, "speed and intensity" is all you need. I know a lot of people worry about being the weakest/slowest/whatever in their platoon, but don't sweat it. I was worried as well, but these fears are mutual.

There will no doubt always be someone worse off than you, and I would tentatively say that most people (both here and at boot) would treat their future brothers and sisters-in-arms well by encouraging and motivating them. I know that I would do my best to help those worse off than me that honestly try their best, and I'm sure many others here would as well.

Even if you are unfortunately the bottom of the barrel, do your best and reach your hand out to those who offer you help. Yes, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, but even the weakest link can keep a chain together. I'm sure most people here know that the Marine Corps stresses teamwork.

That's about all I wanted to say, so I wish you all good luck.

Oh yeah. Any 20110404 shippers to MCRD-SD? Maybe I'll see you on the airplane ride from WA to CA. =]

Taviah
04-02-11, 04:37 PM
I'll be Utah to California, but I'll see you there. Look for the tall one missing a fingernail.

Honcho1010
04-02-11, 07:21 PM
Good luck, man. Just say to yourself, the hell will happen if i keep running? Works for me everytime.

BRANDONFITZ
04-02-11, 08:12 PM
See you guys up there hopefully!