PDA

View Full Version : Marine son

anotherMOM
03-31-11, 11:03 AM
Just thought I would make an update. I haven't been on here in a long time.

Back when I was posting last, my son was about to leave for college on a Marine NROTC scholarship. He decided he wasn't ready to become an officer, or maybe he wasn't ready for all the college work involved, so he went to bootcamp 2 weeks after his high school graduation. He had been a poolee for a year, and it was his recruiter who encouraged and helped him to apply for NROTC. He had a really good recruiter. His Marine graduation in San Diego was fabulous, and he has now been a Marine for about a year and a half.

I realize he did not need to be an officer if he wasn't ready to be that kind of a leader. I am thankful for what he has accomplished, and he seems to be doing well. He was given the MOS of CBRN just before he got out bootcamp, and I think he kind of likes running the gas chambers.

He has recently been sent to Japan to help out with the aftereffects of the earthquake/tsunami. I imagine that could possibly turn into a very difficult and even gruesome job, but I don't know what he is actually doing as he hasn't been able to make any contact since he left.

foreverproud
03-31-11, 05:37 PM
anotherMOM,

I am sure his present job will be difficult a the face of such a horrible tragedy.

Please thank your son from me for his service.