PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Post 9/11 GI Bill.

Integrity57
03-29-11, 05:42 PM
Howdy folks, I'm looking to gather some info from other student-vets or spouses of vets, about their opinions on their schools VA reps and problems they've faced going through the motions of enrollment as well as month to month with the stipend payment system being not so stellar. It doesn't matter whether it's good or bad I just want to hear from other student-vets or spouses who are also attending college using the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Thanks in advance.

Fmedges
04-05-11, 05:31 PM
I'm using the voc rehab program and the major gripe I have is that the stipend amount is too low. Compared to the gi bill which gets ~1500 a month i only get about 550. The post 9/11 gi bill is set to fix this however it dorsnt go into effect until August. The voc rehab program uses up your gi bill eligibility so basically my gi bill months are being deducted and im not getting my full benefit. So far ive lost out on about 25,000 and have student loans to make up the gap in my living expenses. The gi bill was suposed to be so i didnt have student loans so this is frustrating to say the least.

doc h fmf
04-05-11, 10:18 PM
YEAH BRYAN I HEAR YOUR FRUSTRATION BROTHER.I WAS ON THE OLD VEEP PROGRAM AND THEY SCREWED ME SO I SENT A REQUEST TO GET MY 4100 dollars back < i did that because they said i owed them 100 dollars isaid how in the hell do i owe you 100 dollars and this was my money.
good luck with college and semper fi my brother

stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf