PDA

View Full Version : Requesting knowledge Medical Discharge

agerry
03-27-11, 11:20 PM
Just want to say upfront that I was being a dip**** on my last posts and I apoligize for that. Was just angry and stupid. <br />
<br />
Anyway, I was discharged out of boot camp with the discharge code RE-3p....

Lisa 23
03-28-11, 08:08 AM
DD Form 214, Blocks 24, 26, and 27 will provide your characterization of service, separation code, and re-entry code. If you received an Other Than Honorable (OTH), Bad Conduct (BCD), or Dishonorable...

doc h fmf
03-28-11, 08:23 AM
Andrew What Did You Get A Medical Discharge For ? <br />
It Depends If You Can Enlist Again Or Not <br />
<br />
Semper Fi <br />
<br />
Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

agerry
03-28-11, 03:34 PM
My CO of Delta Company at the time noticed my club foot, and did not know what it was. So he told me to go to medical to get it checked out - so I did. The Dr in medical immediately told me I was going home cuz i was DQ...even though I had a waiver. I talked with Marine Corps Command and they told me a bunch of things that I didn't really understand but Im pretty sure they said I could re-enlist after 2 years. But they did not specify when exactly

Club foot was the main reason

Sgt Leprechaun
03-28-11, 09:59 PM
You'll need CMC (That's Commandant of the Marine Corps) authority to reenlist/start over... <br />
<br />
Honestly, something here STILL doesn't add up....because you state &quot;even though I had a waiver...&quot;...

agerry
03-28-11, 11:14 PM
No, My CO did not know what it was, he could not see that it was club foot. He only noticed that something was different. Sorry, I will write more clearly. It was my IST that I failed, did fine on crunches and pull ups but my running wasn't great but I would have finished on time if I was not pulled offside from the IST by the CO to explain why my running looked different.

I had the waiver and everything was good until i failed the IST. the doctor in medical immediately put me into PCP and 2 weeks later I was in PCP then RSP. The CO of recruiting in AZ PHX - Major Hodge thinks I can get back in, I have been working for 2 years to get back in and I have a letter of recommendation from Senator John McCain - trying to assist me in this matter. A few other high ranking Marines also are on my side and trying to talk to "someone" to see what they can do. But the feedback is always " I will let you know" . I also told Marine Corps Command that I would take any open Active MOS and pay them back no questions asked for the wasted time, effort, and money. I can scan the documents from MCC if you would like.

Ill do what ever it takes to be a Marine but I know my chances are low. I will look through my paperwork to see if anything that SoftballCatch23 said matches up or does not.

DanM
03-29-11, 12:53 AM
I guess you still don't get it. A medical waiver gets you to the yellow footprints at MCRD recieving and means nothing past that point.If you were discharged for medical reasons,the only people who...

Sgt Leprechaun
03-29-11, 01:01 AM
Best I can say is "Keep us advised". I still think your chances are between 'slim' and 'none'. But you never can tell.

Vandrel
03-29-11, 01:18 AM
It was my IST that I failed, did fine on crunches and pull ups but my running wasn't great but I would have finished on time if I was not pulled offside from the IST by the CO to explain why my running looked different.

That's a little......strange.

Odd that a Company Commander would be pulling recruits off to the side in the middle of a IST, not letting them finish and then failing them for not finishing because they pulled them aside. Though, I've seen stranger things at some formal Marine Corps schools, it still seems quite odd.

During the end of 3rd phase I had a medical issue, hamstring tear, right in the middle of a PFT run. They didn't fail me on the PFT, it was nothing more then a 'incomplete' PFT that wasn't even scored. I went to MRP (or whatever they call it these days) for awhile and eventually back to recruit training. I got placed right where I left off, retook the PFT, passed and went on to graduate. Not that your situation was the same but it just doesn't seem right that you got a failure on the run when you didn't complete it due to a technicality. Again, I've seen odder things but it just doesn't make much sense.

If you had a waiver then that's great, gets you to recruit training BUT it doesn't mean you are golden all the way through, you still have to PASS things. If you got a waiver for something that relates to your overall movement then regardless of how it looks, as long as you pass what you have to pass (properly) then you are good to go. Hell, I've seen some WEIRD styles of running over the years, **** that just doesn't look right, but they make it work and no one stops them from doing it. There's no "form" or "style" that you must meet while running, if you run like Lurch from Adam's Family then oh well. If you got a waiver for it, tough ****....so long as you pass and don't have any medical issues from it. If you want to run your PFT 3 mile run with your arms swinging around like a windmill the entire time then so be it, it's your PFT. The only restrictions on runs is that you make it to the finish line before the time expires and that you don't cheat (ie: take short cuts). Hell, you can walk the entire thing if you wanted to, if you could walk it within the given amount of time.

I'm not Naval Medicine, I'm not a expert, I'm just speaking from a logical point of view.

Furthermore, you got sent to PCP from the failure? THAT, again, doesn't add up.

From what Lep said it sounds slim to none for you but best you can do is keep trying.

agerry
03-29-11, 04:43 PM
yeah. I told the Medical doctor that I would try again right then and there and he said nope you're going home. Then a few days later my CO comes up to me during chow and says "I believe you have the heart to graduate"....right. now that Im ****ed i cant. But yeah its all a mess. Currently I can do 30 pull ups and 120 crunches easy in the required time. My running is about 20 minutes even for the 3 mile run. And the Marine know that, so Im just waiting.

Thanks again for all of the info and help, I really appreciate it

Vandrel
03-29-11, 11:23 PM
My running is about 20 minutes even for the 3 mile run.

If that is true then I would recommend you have a recruiter document a PFT on paper for you, more then once.

agerry
04-27-11, 07:39 PM
SWEEETTTT! I started processing on April 2nd, its not a guarantee but I am sure as hell pretty excited that I have some sort of answer. There are new policies which are going to be fun to deal with but I will try - basically medical paperwork - dont have any because in NJ at the time all medical paperwork was destroyed after 6 years. And the Marines want all of my paperwork, got the major stuff - club foot. But nothing from lazy eye or childhood asthma.

Ill keep you guys updated.

03Mike
04-27-11, 08:32 PM
Hmmm.... I've pulled recruits out of the IST run before. Hell, I've seen the Commanding General of Parris Island pull recruits out of the IST run - but these were recruits who were on about an 18 minute pace (for a mile and a half).

A "funky" running style may get you noticed, but I wouldn't think it would get you pulled from the run unless it was funky AND slow.

Were you running on a 9 to 10 minute mile-and-a-half pace when they pulled you?

agerry
04-27-11, 11:29 PM
it was more around 11 minutes, maybe 12 max, but 12 would be pushing it. Either way if i get in now, i can do 120 crunches in 2 mins, 20 pull ups no problem and my 3 mile run is now at 19 minutes consistently. Im hoping if i get back in, they won't have a reason to stop/question me