PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp

fknsinclair
03-27-11, 12:30 PM
What are you looking forward to in boot camp?
I am excited for the pugil sticks and the gas chamber. If you have already been through then what was your favorites (besides getting your eagle,globe, and anchor)?

PooleeGewarges
03-27-11, 12:41 PM
This poolee is looking forward to go through boot camp in general and earning the title of Marine. :iwo:

Honcho1010
03-27-11, 12:49 PM
Im looking forward to the pugil sticks also. Just hoping i don't get that 6'3 195lb guy who swings with the hate for puppies flowing in his blood.

Taviah
03-27-11, 12:51 PM
I am excited about the good food, staying up late then sleeping in, and making new friends!

Bagwell916
03-27-11, 12:58 PM
Obtaining Guide? :)

DudefromDiego
03-27-11, 01:33 PM
Ummmm.... I live right down the street from MCRD so after graduation I get to sleep in my own bed. Becoming a Marine and that's probably about it. Definitely not lookin forward to the showers and "food".

CuppaJoe
03-27-11, 01:45 PM
I'm looking forward to the long humps in Camp Pendleton

Honcho1010
03-27-11, 01:54 PM
I am excited about the good food, staying up late then sleeping in, and making new friends!

hahahahaha.

Tbrown10
03-27-11, 01:57 PM
the confidence course, the crucible, the rifle range, and the EGA ceromony, and of course graduation

fknsinclair
03-27-11, 02:36 PM
Im looking forward to the pugil sticks also. Just hoping i don't get that 6'3 195lb guy who swings with the hate for puppies flowing in his blood.
hahahaha You just need to have a little more hate for puppies pulsing through you veins! I am sure you will.;)

Buhler
03-27-11, 02:46 PM

unless you're a 6'3 195lb dude without hate for puppies, then i doubt you'll get paired with this guy lol.

although the other 6'3 195lbers in your platoon had best watch themselves

Joker2021
03-27-11, 03:12 PM
my highlight will definitely be the crucible! 3 days of hell, but at the end your a Marine. My ship date can't coem fast enough

IHaveEGA843
03-27-11, 08:42 PM

That'll probably be me or more 6'3 210.......Very competitive and hate to lose so if I have to knock a mutha sucka out I'll do so but once its over I'll extend my hand and help my fellow future Marine up.

I'm ready for all of it minus the distance running. Ready to feel dead from PT, ready to complain to myself, ready to get mad at the other Recruits who make us suffer more, ready to complain to my ol man in letters, ready to get IT'd for laughing at a Recruit or DI, ready to feel sore all over, ready for the dreaded 43298 shots we have to take, ready for the rifle range, ready to have my own BCG sinces I can't wear my contacts, ready to be sexually frustrated, ready to hate the fact I'm standing outside in 90+ heat, ready to do the last hump back after the Crucible, ready to talk **** to fellow Recruits during free time, ready to be mad at myself for slacking at times, ready to hear "LIGHTS OUTS!" and stay up then regret it, ready for box chow during recieving, ready to be yelled at Marines that are the same age as me, and last but not least.....Ready to go visit my grandmother with my charlies or bravos on and visit my late Marine uncle Cpl. Brantleys grave while saying "I'm a Marine just like you uncle and I will uphold the Marine legacy you bestowed in our family" as I begin to finally shed tears of pride.....

I'm ready to become a Marine....

AlexJH
03-27-11, 08:50 PM
This poolee is looking forward to go through boot camp in general and earning the title of Marine. :iwo:

this poolee is excited to speak in the third person and earn the title of soldier

hooah

Seriously though? Do you really refer to yourself as "this poolee"?

DudefromDiego
03-27-11, 10:12 PM
this poolee is excited to speak in the third person and earn the title of soldier

hooah

Hooah? Seriously?

Nerd
03-27-11, 10:56 PM
The Crucible. It's the part where instead of training, you're playing war. That's what I joined for. I joined to go to war for America (or wherever else, as long as America supports it).

Call me a warmonger. Whatever. I'm a warrior at heart

Languagelover23
03-27-11, 11:49 PM
I'm looking forward to:

Birth control glasses

The inability to choose what I'm eating

Hours of grueling PT

Oh wait- that's what I'm NOT looking forward to lol

I'm looking forward to:

The rifle range
The swim qual
The Crucible
The EGA ceremony

I'm looking forward to being a United States Marine!

Taviah
03-28-11, 12:39 AM

hooah

So you're joining the Army huh?

AlexJH
03-28-11, 01:14 AM
holy balls, sarcasm anyone?

see my sig:

AlexJH
03-28-11, 01:15 AM
The Crucible. It's the part where instead of training, you're playing war. That's what I joined for. I joined to go to war for America (or wherever else, as long as America supports it).

Call me a warmonger. Whatever. I'm a warrior at heart

Right, because you slay bodies all the time and can disregard bullets cracking in front of your face.

Bagwell916
03-28-11, 01:18 AM
Right, because you slay bodies all the time and can disregard bullets cracking in front of your face.
Why act like that? We all join want to be Marines for different reasons.

AlexJH
03-28-11, 01:33 AM
Because it's naive and stupid?

Bagwell916
03-28-11, 01:41 AM
Your naive and stupid for not seeing someone else's point of view?

Taviah
03-28-11, 01:50 AM
Children please, we use our inside voices.

AlexJH
03-28-11, 02:45 AM
Your naive and stupid for not seeing someone else's point of view?

His point of view is that he's "a warrior at heart", besides his call of duty 4 war stories I'm calling shens.

Most of us were brought up in suburbia, don't fool yourselves.

Bagwell916
03-28-11, 02:53 AM
I agree with you and completely see what your saying. I just don't agree with insulting him over his reasoning for joining. Let him be what he thinks he is and let him share his reason for joining. Neither of us has any rank or right to tell him otherwise.

I'm not saying your an idiot for telling him to shut the **** up but at least respect him until credibility says otherwise.

USMC Infantry
03-28-11, 12:27 PM
i am excited to meet my DIs!

FML

PooleeGewarges
03-28-11, 02:27 PM
His point of view is that he's "a warrior at heart", besides his call of duty 4 war stories I'm calling shens.

Is it wrong to be strong hearted and full of motivation? Your obsviously starting up problems, ease it down. :mad:

Tbrown10
03-28-11, 02:31 PM

Proof that he's actually not a warrior at heart? i didnt think so.

How do you know i dont feel like a warrior and secretly cant wait spray thousands of rounds at the taliban, yet dont even play Call of duty. we all have our motives, stfu and support your future brother dude

PooleeGewarges
03-28-11, 02:55 PM

Look at your interest in your profile, "killing babies and slaying dragons"

Killing babies? Who is being stupid now? Hypocrit. Hypocrisy at its finest poolees.

AlexJH
03-28-11, 03:35 PM
Implying that wasn't sarcasm.

again, check my sig

SoonToBe3521
03-28-11, 06:05 PM
I like how quickly this thread turned into a battle of wits.

I'm looking forward to gaining some self discipline, and learning how to live outside of my comfort zone. Along with rifle qualification, since I love target practicing. I suppose learning how to swim, too.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-28-11, 06:34 PM
Alex, send me a PM, ASAP. I don't hear from you within 24 hours, you'll hear the helicopters.....

CdtCaptKlopez
03-28-11, 06:45 PM
I'm looking foward to seeing the looks on all the recruits faces who arent used to getting yelled at constantly( 3 years of ROTC with instructors who are trying to "prepare" me for boot camp). And then trying to help people with knowledge and drill. I can't wait until 3 miles feels like a walk in the park! Ofcourse i cant wait to tell people that i went to boot camp in Parris Island in June with the sand fleas and all of their itchy babies!! And ofcourse i cant wait to get that eagle, globe, and anchor!! I cant wait to see my daddy, the most awesome former Marine ever, shed a tear as i run up to hug him after the graduation ceremony! Good Lord, I'm ready to be a Marine!!!! 2 Months and some days!!!

C_Squash_D
03-28-11, 07:19 PM
Waking up in the middle of the night thinking "Oh sh-- I'm at Parris Island!"

DudefromDiego
03-30-11, 07:23 PM
Waking up in the middle of the night thinking "Oh sh-- I'm at Parris Island!"

Or the sensation of bar soap in tube socks tenderizing you :p.

MREsarefinebyme
03-30-11, 09:19 PM

That's a skinny dude.

But that's me. I'm gonna smash my opponent in the face like the fist of an angry god.

Except I'm 6'1 220lbs. 10% waiver, wuddup :/

DGarmo
03-30-11, 10:32 PM
I look forward to droppin a duece with other recruits in the middle of the night half asleep.

But really, I want to push myself 10x harder than I ever had before. 18 more days!

IHaveEGA843
03-31-11, 06:53 AM
That's a skinny dude.

But that's me. I'm gonna smash my opponent in the face like the fist of an angry god.

Except I'm 6'1 220lbs. 10% waiver, wuddup :/

Same here but solid built with more upper body power then most my size and weight......if I dont plant my feet right though I know I'll lose my balance because my self balancing sucks....

Lemme see you on the grounds kid.....Straight shots like you've never felt before.....

I'm the only Poolee at 225-230 pulling that weight up 10+ times

kjohnson8824
03-31-11, 08:56 AM

I will be bringing the hate for puppies and everything cute flowing through my blood to Recruit Training

PooleeGewarges
03-31-11, 01:49 PM
I actually looked more into the confidence courses. There is a sweet collection of vids on youtube that shows Marines demonstrating all of the obstacle courses for the families. Just type Parris Island tour and you can see these vids. :flag:

Honcho1010
04-01-11, 12:31 AM
Calm down Alex. Most of the guys i know from my RS going into Force Recon are middle class citizens. Full of heart and willing to ripe out another.

AlexJH
04-01-11, 12:34 AM
I'm going MARSOC trolololol

Honcho1010
04-01-11, 12:55 AM
So you MUST be from the slums of Harlem.

IHaveEGA843
04-01-11, 05:32 AM
Everybodies going Force Recon or MARSOC.....

GETDAFUXOUTTAHEA!!!!!!

To many glory hounds and not enough regular realistic mindsets in here....

Gale
04-01-11, 08:29 AM
I'm going MARSOC trolololol

Hey although you may have your own opinions, I don't think it's right for you to be expressing them in such an offensive way. If you want to be successful in the Marine Corps you will need to learn to shut your mouth. Everyone on this forum are potentially our future brothers and sisters. The Marine Corps is small, don't get your bad reputation started as a poolee.

PooleeGewarges
04-01-11, 09:09 AM
Hey although you may have your own opinions, I don't think it's right for you to be expressing them in such an offensive way. If you want to be successful in the Marine Corps you will need to learn to shut your mouth. Everyone on this forum are potentially our future brothers and sisters. The Marine Corps is small, don't get your bad reputation started as a poolee.

Don't mind him, he will get his at boot. Smart***** like him usually get the hurt more.

stupidmotards
04-01-11, 09:32 AM
Don't mind him, he will get his at boot. Smart***** like him usually get the hurt more.

or he's the only realistic person on this site? All these people with 03 contracts and shi tty ass IST scores need to wake up and stop thinking they're going recon or marsoc. 03 life is already going to suck co ck since they aren't in that great of shape. And I'm sure just like me, he isn't going to be running his mouth in boot like we do here.

Taviah
04-01-11, 11:06 AM
Have the balls to talk **** on the internet, but not in person, DI's or not. Just like any little troll kid.

PooleeGewarges
04-01-11, 11:29 AM
Have the balls to talk **** on the internet, but not in person, DI's or not. Just like any little troll kid.

Taviah, I have a feeling that this troll is AlexJH, because this troll talks the same nonsense as AlexJH, and backs him up every time. Ignore both of those trolls.

kjohnson8824
04-01-11, 11:32 AM
or he's the only realistic person on this site? All these people with 03 contracts and shi tty ass IST scores need to wake up and stop thinking they're going recon or marsoc. 03 life is already going to suck co ck since they aren't in that great of shape. And I'm sure just like me, he isn't going to be running his mouth in boot like we do here.

I'm with you man. I'm sick of hearing all of these future CIA black op recon warriors. What's wrong with just doing your job, serving your country and becoming a Marine? Is that not good enough for you? Its okay Motard the people saying there going to be some crazy secret op Rambo are the ones that get hit the hardest when reality comes to them. Also to people trying out for infantry, how can you even consider Infantry, let alone Recon if your not even scoring a solid first class physical fitness? Do you think the USMC is going to carry you till you are physically fit enough? That's the wrong tone already if your depending on Boot Camp to get you in good enough shape.

The Marine Corps has lots of great jobs that aren't desk related and I think people don't realize that you don't need to be in Infantry to not sit on your ass. I don't care what your MOS is as long as you can put out and run with me then your alright in my book.

Honcho1010
04-01-11, 12:01 PM
I really don't understand you guys. This is a Marine Corps forum, and like the other guy stated, we will all be brothers and sisters down the line. I know i will die for all of you and that doesn't seem to be the mindset here. It seems like the Corps is the wrong place for you.

kjohnson8824
04-01-11, 12:03 PM
Not everyone survives RT. And I understand the brotherhood that your talking about, It's one of the top reasons why I joined, but unfortunately me or you are not part of that brotherhood and are nothing more than a guy with a ship date.

Honcho1010
04-01-11, 12:08 PM
Mindset man. Its the fact that all of your are willing to sacrifice so much. That alone gains respect for each and every one of you. I know we all wont survive, but i don't wish that on any of you guys.

kjohnson8824
04-01-11, 12:12 PM
I understand where your coming from. But all I'm thinking about right now is doing great at Boot Camp, everything else will just come with that.

stupidmotards
04-01-11, 12:35 PM

Haha A) I'm not Talkin **** I'm telling the truth. But that hurts because your IST score sucks doesn't it. B) I won't talk back to DIs because I'm not an idiot. If another recruit was saying stupid **** I'd call him out on it yea. C) I saw your other threads and are you retarded. You don't have muscles in your fingers you idiot. Have fun with your **** pt scores dumb ass

Taviah
04-01-11, 12:45 PM
Don't have muscles in my fingers? Since when?

stupidmotards
04-01-11, 12:52 PM
Lol since you have tendons...

achilles097
04-01-11, 02:06 PM
I usually don't reverse myself, but I agree with stupidmotards. Too many people wanting Recon/MARSOC. This kid in my office yesterday told me he redid the ASVAB because he got a below 100 GT and he redid so he could "play with the cool guns" and do Recon/Scout Sniper, but our recruiter, a career Infantryman told us his body frame and simply his mentality will not cut it in that field. He said he probably won't succeed at all. I admit my PFT scores are not that great, I DEP'd in 3 pull ups, 12:15 run time in mid-February, and I came from a competitive hockey program in New England, but I have improved more than most have done in a year (some pullups went down in a year tome frame).

If anybody want to be Ricky Recon, and/or Marsoc, go right ahead. Just be ready for a rude awakening and TOP PFT. Also about that stupid CIA SAD clandestine crap that most people want to do...My family works in the CIA/Government for 30+ years, and I know how tough it is to even get TS/SCI and pass the medical screening. Pay sucks ass even on the low end. Family life sucks. Lots of divorces/separations. I know that because I have gone through it.

I'm just concerned about what's ahead of me, and that's boot camp. I understand setting an IDEA of what you are going to do in the future, but make it REALISTIC. As much as you all hate the method that AlexJH and stupidmotard are discussing this matter, it's actually true. I have several friends in the Infantry, and elsewhere in the Corps, and familial background as well. Yeah, it's all true what they say about humps sucking a fat one. Possibility of never seeing combat, garrison life sucking, waiting for deployment, being miserable. It's a love/hate relationship. You can catch a very tiny idea of what it's going to be like, but you won't how to deal beforehand. That's what using your HEAD is for. If you don't have a good mentality going in, well good luck. Somebody that doesn't what they're in for, and thinks it all glory may not know how to handle and hate it even worse. Take it for what's it worth. But these guys posting have some truth to the story.

fknsinclair
04-01-11, 03:19 PM
Definatly they are correct. However, that is no way to speak to your possile future brothers and sisters. I know my IST sucks but its getting better, no need to badmouth anyone for it. GET OVER YOURSELVES. Even if you don't backtalk a DI, they can sense your **** poor attitude and will be happy to IT it out of you.

AlexJH
04-01-11, 03:34 PM
don't get a big dick poolees, i just thought it was funny that the kid thought he was going into "Force Recon" or something.

Do any of you even know the difference between force and division recon?

AlexJH
04-01-11, 03:39 PM
Taviah, I have a feeling that this troll is AlexJH, because this troll talks the same nonsense as AlexJH, and backs him up every time. Ignore both of those trolls.

Yeah, when more than one person disagrees with you that means it's just one person with two accounts. By that logic every poolee on Leatherneck is Gewarges.

I actually show respect to Marines dog, I'm not an idiot. Why would I make my life even more miserable for myself? I have no affiliation with stupidmotards unless I know him from another website.

MREsarefinebyme
04-01-11, 03:40 PM
Same here but solid built with more upper body power then most my size and weight......if I dont plant my feet right though I know I'll lose my balance because my self balancing sucks....

Lemme see you on the grounds kid.....Straight shots like you've never felt before.....

I'm the only Poolee at 225-230 pulling that weight up 10+ times

I've been one of the few poolees at my office who can do 20 pullups at all, and no one else who does that is 220lbs.

AlexJH
04-01-11, 03:49 PM
Definatly they are correct. However, that is no way to speak to your possile future brothers and sisters. I know my IST sucks but its getting better, no need to badmouth anyone for it. GET OVER YOURSELVES. Even if you don't backtalk a DI, they can sense your **** poor attitude and will be happy to IT it out of you.

Oh so we have to f*ckin' sit around in a circle and talk about our feelings and sh*t now? Because I might end up serving with one of you in the future?

I'm speaking frankly, if you don't like that, go join the Army. I'm not going to play along nicely when the things people say are naive and mostly flat out stupid. I'm down to shoot the sh*t with any poolee, they're enlisted in a time of war, that's better than 99% of our population. But the opinions that are allowed to develop in this online community are stupid. I agree with the guy who came in here earlier this week. The stupidest thing LN has ever done is bar Marines from posting in the poolee section. You may think TL is full of sh*tbirds, but you've never actually been there. It's unfiltered discussion among Marines, they let poolees in there too so we can interact and get a feel for what we are about to enlist into without any bullsh*t moto taglines and about.com links.

MunkyVsRobot
04-01-11, 04:12 PM
what is this TL..?

AlexJH
04-01-11, 04:16 PM
a magical place

MunkyVsRobot
04-01-11, 04:17 PM
Well then obviously you must share. So no one *****es let me grab a link from you in PM.

achilles097
04-01-11, 04:25 PM
what is this TL..?

Terminal Lance

Pretty funny comic strip, there's a forum on the site. At first I checked it out a while ago and saw mostly LN hate, said ok whatever trolls, but I checked out the grunt forums and it's pretty accurate what Alex said. It's a lot more laid back and open-ended conversation, you don't have to worry about ridiculous restrictions like the one here on this poolee forum. Just being real, but people aren't as RECON or MARSOC diehard motivated over there. I actually dig the atmosphere, but the wisdom on LN from some of the older Marines is damn near irreplaceable if you know what to ask. But that "throwing knives" BS and Recon stuff I'm reading every week here makes me question the common sense of wannabes/poolees coming through here.

PooleeGewarges
04-01-11, 04:34 PM
Haha A) I'm not Talkin **** I'm telling the truth. But that hurts because your IST score sucks doesn't it. B) I won't talk back to DIs because I'm not an idiot. If another recruit was saying stupid **** I'd call him out on it yea. C) I saw your other threads and are you retarded. You don't have muscles in your fingers you idiot. Have fun with your **** pt scores dumb ass

Oh, so now we are just going to make fun of each other's IST scores huh? :mad:

MunkyVsRobot
04-01-11, 04:37 PM
Terminal Lance

Pretty funny comic strip, there's a forum on the site. At first I checked it out a while ago and saw mostly LN hate, said ok whatever trolls, but I checked out the grunt forums and it's pretty accurate what Alex said. It's a lot more laid back and open-ended conversation, you don't have to worry about ridiculous restrictions like the one here on this poolee forum. Just being real, but people aren't as RECON or MARSOC diehard motivated over there. I actually dig the atmosphere, but the wisdom on LN from some of the older Marines is damn near irreplaceable if you know what to ask. But that "throwing knives" BS and Recon stuff I'm reading every week here makes me question the common sense of wannabes/poolees coming through here.

Ah Ive seen some of there comics posted on AR15.com from time to time.

You do also have to take into account half to 3/4 on the poolees are between the ages of 17 to 20 and most people that age are completely ****in retarded.

You also have to take into account isnt MCRD like a contributor here so most of the Marines on here almost have to be like that.

Ive spoken to Marines on other sites and they seem pretty chill, but some of these people with the stupid questions definately deserve the **** they get. and they will get it once they hit Boot and then the Fleet. Earning your EGA is only half the battle it doesnt instantly turn you into Rambo or some super genius.

stupidmotards
04-01-11, 04:52 PM
Oh, so now we are just going to make fun of each other's IST scores huh? :mad:

when that person wants to be mr internet billy badass and say stuff like I wouldn't dare say anything to anybody in person. Then yea I'm going to make fun of your IST score.

kjohnson8824
04-01-11, 05:34 PM
You know what, Ive spent a lot of time trying to shed some light on these people who come in here trying to be Ricky Rambo Recon and some crazy super secret agent (Just look at all my posts). But I'm just giving up because a former DI told me that those are the kids that quit within the first three days of Boot Camp when reality hits them.

Don't worry for all of you bird brain, Rambo recon warriors out there. Your definitely going to "Get Some" hahahahahahaha

Sgt Leprechaun
04-01-11, 06:20 PM
It's the way of the beast. Everyone always wants to be a 'shadoe warrrrrier'. Until you are actually out there, freezin azz cold, miserable, can't light a fire or get warm, frost forming around your face, hands and feet freezing but you can't move around to warm up, can't sleep because you are on watch, dead dog tired, back hurts like hell and tomorrow is another 10 mile hump....

Yeah, then you'll LOVE the infantry.....

Not.

But you don't hear those stories and they aren't on 'Call of duty' or the reality TV shows that seem so popular these days.