PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Family Night

fknsinclair
03-27-11, 01:34 AM
We are having a Marine Corps family night April sixth and I was just wondering what should I expect? :flag:

AlexJH
03-27-11, 03:19 AM
you're gonna get hazed by some DI's

and really? "this recruit"

motard

Bagwell916
03-27-11, 07:56 AM
Are you getting Drill Instructor's at this family night or is just a family night and your Recruiters are putting you through things?

We had a Drill Instructor in January and we have 4 Drill Instructors coming up on April 9th.

As crazy as Drill Instructors look, sound, act, etc. your going to love it if you can let the mental aspect of things roll off you. However, it isn't a cake walk.

We had 1 Drill Instructor last time and he tore people apart but at the same time, It seemed more like he was trying to get everyone motivated instead of calling them out on things, but I really think he just couldn't get to all 30+ of us.. He really took shots at the Tons Of Fun kids that we have.

Anyways, If it is a Drill Instructor(s) I recommend;

1) Move Quickly
2) Sound Off.. Even if you think you shouldn't sound off, sound off.
3) Be Loud. He doesn't give a **** if you scream with him / her by you. As long as he hears it.
4) ..Keep your Eyeballs off him or he'll give you a reason to look at him.
5) DO NOT Laugh.. No matter how funny the jokes are that he throws out. I got IT'd for it.

fknsinclair
03-27-11, 12:24 PM
Yeah we are going to have Drill Instructors coming. I knew we were going to get hazed but I was unsure if they were going to test us on anything such as the Marine hymn or general orders.

Bagwell916
03-27-11, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I highly doubt it.

We didn't do anything with General Orders or The Marine Corps Hymn that day.

fknsinclair
03-27-11, 03:26 PM
Okay thank you.

AlexJH
03-27-11, 08:51 PM
knife hands.... knife hands everywhere.

USMC Infantry
03-28-11, 12:12 PM
knife hands.... knife hands everywhere.

well said

Nerd
04-09-11, 09:21 PM
and really? "this recruit"

motard

Yea, and she's damn proud of it. Motards are the kinds of Marines who win medals and get **** done. You should try being one

PooleeGewarges
04-09-11, 09:26 PM
Yea, and she's damn proud of it. Motards are the kinds of Marines who win medals and get **** done. You should try being one

Exactly. The less motivated and smart ass kinds usually fall harder. Glad I'm not that guy.

achilles097
04-09-11, 09:44 PM
Why are you concerned about medals all of a sudden, Nerd?

Motard isn't a literal term PooleeGewarges. It only means somebody that flashes their motivation out in the open. A raging high tight, yelling "Oorah", Marine Corps clothing 24/7, and declaring yourself in the third person are some examples. "Motardness" does not equate to being unmotivated. If you want to use the third person to refer to yourself before boot camp that's your call. I know my recruiters would probably joke about it at first, then tell you to knock it off or go home.

Smart ass behavior...well..that's just an attitude. But I do know very successful smart asses. Had a few that I was nice enough to call "boss".

Nerd
04-10-11, 10:54 AM
Why are you concerned about medals all of a sudden, Nerd?

Motard isn't a literal term PooleeGewarges. It only means somebody that flashes their motivation out in the open. A raging high tight, yelling "Oorah", Marine Corps clothing 24/7, and declaring yourself in the third person are some examples. "Motardness" does not equate to being unmotivated. If you want to use the third person to refer to yourself before boot camp that's your call. I know my recruiters would probably joke about it at first, then tell you to knock it off or go home.

Smart ass behavior...well..that's just an attitude. But I do know very successful smart asses. Had a few that I was nice enough to call "boss".

it's from a movie I believe. it's a rough quote. and i don't care about medals, no, i haven't ever once cared what goes on the dress uniform. but a medal equates to the military recognizing something great that you did (typically), and saying that was a way to defend people like me.

motards don't just shout oorah and wear high and tight and Marine Corps shirts everywhere. motards are the ones who put the Marine Corps first. It can mean the idiot boot-Marine who shouts oorah all the time, but it can also mean the latter.

source: multiple Marines telling other poolees to shut up after they called me "idiot motard"

AlexJH
04-10-11, 02:09 PM
So much derp in this herp, it was her signature, but she removed it..

tis all cool brochachos, believe it or not I'm fairly moto myself, just not to the extreme like everyone here is...

IHaveEGA843
04-10-11, 06:04 PM
I'm not very "moto" compared to my fellow RS Poolees.....

**** em.....I just do what needs to be done while helping others along the way.

No need to be "all marine" like.

I'll leave that to the youngins.....

Dutch 44
04-10-11, 07:28 PM

Medals arent "won" they are earned...

And being a motard doesnt make you a good Marine, ive seen plenty of them that i would want no where near me with a loaded weapon...

PooleeGewarges
04-10-11, 07:40 PM
Medals arent "won" they are earned...

And being a motard doesnt make you a good Marine, ive seen plenty of them that i would want no where near me with a loaded weapon...

And I have met plenty who I would trust with a loaded weapon.

Dutch 44
04-10-11, 08:54 PM
And I have met plenty who I would trust with a loaded weapon.

Excellent rebuttal..

PooleeGewarges
04-10-11, 09:14 PM
Excellent rebuttal..

Rifleman? Mortarman? What do you want to do?

Nerd
04-10-11, 11:16 PM
whatever. If a mod would just please ban AlexJH, none of these flare ups would happen anymore, know why? Because nobody else can troll quite like him. Every other poolee on this board is here to strengthen their motivation, and their bond to their fellow poolees about to serve. Most of them, anyway, and NONE of them except for him are here to antagonize and patronize every other damn member of this forum

AlexJH
04-11-11, 02:15 AM
Yeah, u mad.

PooleeGewarges
04-11-11, 05:53 AM
Yeah, u mad.

There he does again. Yeah, you troll.

Dutch 44
04-11-11, 08:54 AM
Rifleman? Mortarman? What do you want to do?

im not picky, it really doesnt matter to me

whatever. If a mod would just please ban AlexJH, none of these flare ups would happen anymore, know why? Because nobody else can troll quite like him. Every other poolee on this board is here to strengthen their motivation, and their bond to their fellow poolees about to serve. Most of them, anyway, and NONE of them except for him are here to antagonize and patronize every other damn member of this forum

Its an important learning experience, whether you like him or not your going to be serving with him, and you can bet theres going to be more than a few people in the Usmc that you dont like or get along with but your going to have to deal with them and coexist.

So if he bothers you, why dont you just ignore it or stop *****ing about it...

achilles097
04-11-11, 09:02 AM
im not picky, it really doesnt matter to me

Its an important learning experience, whether you like him or not your going to be serving with him, and you can bet theres going to be more than a few people in the Usmc that you dont like or get along with but your going to have to deal with them and coexist.

:thumbup:

Barnett20110425
04-11-11, 12:12 PM

'flare ups'
Reminds me of herpes lol

Domc
04-11-11, 03:54 PM

:thumbup:

Every thread that he posts in, we have you two whining about him right after, believe it or not it's more annoying reading your *****ing about him.

MunkyVsRobot
04-11-11, 05:23 PM
There he does again. Yeah, you troll.

Silly question but how are you going to cope with MCRD if you cant even handle someone **** talking on a message board?

PooleeGewarges
04-11-11, 06:51 PM
Silly question but how are you going to cope with MCRD if you cant even handle someone **** talking on a message board?

Silly question indeed, do not worry about me. This is a message board, and Parris Island is boot camp. Do not compare both.

IHaveEGA843
04-11-11, 07:20 PM
Silly question indeed, do not worry about me. This is a message board, and Parris Island is boot camp. Do not compare both.

Bro, seriously man you will be that guy who will always be known for not being able to take a joke or ignoring someones dumb **** in the Corps and in civie life on the job.

I don't know jack **** about the Corps but I know about working with prior service members and trust me they shoot the **** all the time. I enjoy it and if something is said I don't like I state that I disagree and leave it as that. If it continued I just left them alone or delt with it when I was around them.

Recruit Training will be hard for 3 months but life is going to be hard until you die.

Don't let such simple **** get to you, thats how stress mounts up.

PooleeGewarges
04-11-11, 08:49 PM
Bro, seriously man you will be that guy who will always be known for not being able to take a joke or ignoring someones dumb **** in the Corps and in civie life on the job.

I don't know jack **** about the Corps but I know about working with prior service members and trust me they shoot the **** all the time. I enjoy it and if something is said I don't like I state that I disagree and leave it as that. If it continued I just left them alone or delt with it when I was around them.

Recruit Training will be hard for 3 months but life is going to be hard until you die.

Don't let such simple **** get to you, thats how stress mounts up.

Im quite relaxed, you act like I am raging with hate everyday because of this problem. I just like to state how dumb and pathetic some people here are. Like I said, quit comparing boot camp and the Marine Corps life with a forum.

AlexJH
04-11-11, 09:09 PM
Wait, weren't you the one who said I'm gonna be such a turd in the FMF and stuff?

I'm too lazy to go look through your posts, and I really don't care.

PooleeGewarges
04-11-11, 09:12 PM
Wait, weren't you the one who said I'm gonna be such a turd in the FMF and stuff?

I'm too lazy to go look through your posts, and I really don't care.

Nope, never wrote such a thing. If you really don't care then why did you state that I did? Geez, you are the definition of a retard.

AlexJH
04-11-11, 09:26 PM
I r dum gooowarges

robbyj
04-11-11, 10:23 PM
This looked fitting.:cool:

Nerd
04-12-11, 12:35 AM
I quit. I'm done with this forum. see people like him end up with no friends in the Marines Corps or they get the s*** beat out of them. But on a forum, anyone can say anything. I'll come back to this place once I'm a Marine and have more boards to post on.

See ya

AlexJH
04-12-11, 02:14 AM
....and nothing of value was lost

i keed i keed..

MunkyVsRobot
04-15-11, 06:02 AM
Any of you guys smack the DI in the head and knock his hat off..? I did that last night. he ws running inbetween us while we were doing jumping jacks he was coming up from behind and i accidentally smacked him right in the head.

It was an awesome evening made me wish i was going to the island that night.

Tbrown10
04-15-11, 07:03 AM
or just hit the ignore button and not have to look at his posts anymore? lol

PooleeGewarges
04-15-11, 10:45 PM
or just hit the ignore button and not have to look at his posts anymore? lol

Your late.

IHaveEGA843
04-16-11, 03:12 PM
Any of you guys smack the DI in the head and knock his hat off..? I did that last night. he ws running inbetween us while we were doing jumping jacks he was coming up from behind and i accidentally smacked him right in the head.

It was an awesome evening made me wish i was going to the island that night.

No, I've never even been to a family night at the RS due to my lack of going to the RS.

So what happened afterward? Did you get cussed out? Did he IT you more? Did you shake hands and told you this while giving a fake smile, "Imma get you son once you hit my island for knocking off my smokey bear infront of this fun loving people out here. Heed my warning, I will remember you because once I see the ****ing face and smirk I will be enraged and drag you to the quarter deck by your skull and work your body until the point of having cramps that will feel like contractions due to you giving birth out of your mouth and your *******......you'll love to hate me son" Then he slapped you on the shoulder and carried on with what he was doing?

MunkyVsRobot
04-17-11, 11:28 AM
lol surprisingly no he said nothing just kept running. I was surprised. But he did yell at some kid who went to use the head while we were all PTing out in the yard.

IHaveEGA843
04-18-11, 07:32 AM
Guest going to the head was more of a reason to **** with him then you hitting him.